View Full Version : Mundine VS Soliman

KoolWillie
11-06-2006, 12:18 AM
What do you guys think on these two guys fighting for the vacabt Super middleweight tittle? Who wins?

I say mundine should keep chasing kessler for a rematch, he wont be a true champ unless he beats kessler.

jangeorg
11-06-2006, 01:37 AM
What do you guys think on these two guys fighting for the vacabt Super middleweight tittle? Who wins?

I say mundine should keep chasing kessler for a rematch, he wont be a true champ unless he beats kessler.

But,Mundine will never beat Kessler,so i think Mundine should go down to Middleweight and beat Arthur Abraham for the IBF- Middleweight Title

mgkirkpatrick
11-06-2006, 07:35 PM
i think the fight with soliman is a case of too much risk for not enough reward. and i dont think kessler has n e reason to fight him n e time soon. he's spoken about dropping down to middleweight so that might be an option.

KoolWillie
11-07-2006, 03:10 AM
I think Mundine can beat Kessler, Lennox Lewis thinks he can beat kessler..... the whole of australia and the aboriginal people think he can

mgkirkpatrick
11-07-2006, 08:48 AM
yeah its no one dog race. he improves everyday and he's probably the best athlete on the planet. i for one would love to see him fight kessler again. where u from in aus mr mayweather? qld represent :D

Shanus
11-07-2006, 08:53 AM
Soliman would outbox Mundine at middleweight or SMW.

mgkirkpatrick
11-07-2006, 09:44 AM
Soliman would outbox Mundine at middleweight or SMW.

based on what?

KoolWillie
11-08-2006, 07:58 AM
I'm from NT he came up here recently my little bro got a signed photo with him, hes mundines 1 fan. Mundine allready beat soliman. btw how todd kidd going there in queensland with his carrer

!!! Beowulf !!!
11-08-2006, 12:32 PM
I think Mundine can beat Kessler, Lennox Lewis thinks he can beat kessler..... the whole of australia and the aboriginal people think he can

Kessler is a very good fighter, he probably wouldn't beat Calzaghe but he is a lot better than the vastly overrated Mundine.

KoolWillie
11-09-2006, 08:39 AM
Mundine is far from over rated, Kesslers and calzaghe are the best in the SPM division at the moment and probably will be for a long time. Mundine needs a rematch too prove it. Did you see him against Chong nee (He's a bum) and then green he's a tottaly different fighter... He's more busy, using he's jab more better more agressivel, even he's foot work anbd defence was better.

If the same mundine that fought Chong nee and Green rocks up too fight everyone will see he is not over rated.

!!! Beowulf !!!
11-09-2006, 09:52 AM
Mundine is far from over rated, Kesslers and calzaghe are the best in the SPM division at the moment and probably will be for a long time. Mundine needs a rematch too prove it. Did you see him against Chong nee (He's a bum) and then green he's a tottaly different fighter... He's more busy, using he's jab more better more agressivel, even he's foot work anbd defence was better.

If the same mundine that fought Chong nee and Green rocks up too fight everyone will see he is not over rated.

Mundine would never be able to beat Calzaghe or Kessler. Danny Green is one dimensional and past his best, Calzaghe and Kessler are far better than Danny Green.

It wasn't long ago that he lost to Manny Siaca, one of the worst paper champions ever.

I think Mundine's absolute limit in boxing is a short lived paper-title reign. he may well beat Soliman and get another WBA regular championship, but thats as far as he can go at suppermiddle. At Middleweight he may have more of a chance, especially if Taylor moves up. May be able to grab a vacant belt.

Shanus
11-09-2006, 12:16 PM
based on what?

Based on the fact that Soliman is the better fighter.

mgkirkpatrick
11-09-2006, 06:05 PM
and you get that because... mundine beat soliman in his 9th ever fight? after one year in the game and nil amature experience? what do u think he'd do to him now. green may be past his best but he could box and for mundine to take around 10 of their 12 fights says alot. mundine might not be on kessler or calzags level but for a guy who was playing pro football 6 years ago he's pretty ****in close. i think he'd give either of them a fight

Shanus
11-09-2006, 07:07 PM
and you get that because... mundine beat soliman in his 9th ever fight? after one year in the game and nil amature experience? what do u think he'd do to him now. green may be past his best but he could box and for mundine to take around 10 of their 12 fights says alot. mundine might not be on kessler or calzags level but for a guy who was playing pro football 6 years ago he's pretty ****in close. i think he'd give either of them a fight

Soliman isn't the fighter he was 5 years ago, he's alot better and he can hang with Kessler in sparring, not that it means anything but Mundine got raped against Kessler and in a rematch I'd have my cash on Soliman.

Anyway, why are you questioning my opinion? It's not exactly absurd, alot more realistic than you saying he's on a close level to Calzaghe or Kessler when Kessler give him a thorough beating even when he was injured.

mgkirkpatrick
11-09-2006, 07:19 PM
nah man no insult to your opinion, i just wanted a reason because it was way out from mine. like u just wrote soliman with nothing else. im a bit of a mundine nut hugger but i still think he's for real. kessler i think is one of the best. you can still lose a 112-116 decision to kessler and be a contender. and i dont mean like he's on a level with those guys im saying he's doing pretty well all things considered and he'd give either a fight.

Shanus
11-09-2006, 07:42 PM
nah man no insult to your opinion, i just wanted a reason because it was way out from mine. like u just wrote soliman with nothing else. im a bit of a mundine nut hugger but i still think he's for real. kessler i think is one of the best. you can still lose a 112-116 decision to kessler and be a contender. and i dont mean like he's on a level with those guys im saying he's doing pretty well all things considered and he'd give either a fight.

I was in no way saying he was a bum, he is a solid fighter, but I just think the Soliman of right now will give Mundine a good fight and come out on top.

mgkirkpatrick
11-09-2006, 07:43 PM
aight too easy. lets hope it happens and we'll have bet some e-dollars. =)

Shanus
11-09-2006, 08:04 PM
I hope so. ;)

Dick-Sucker
09-08-2007, 05:07 AM
Based on the fact that Soliman is the better fighter.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhah ahah

brently1979
09-11-2007, 12:53 AM
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhah ahah

Trust Ultimate to dig up an old Mundine Thread.

Dick-Sucker
09-11-2007, 12:56 AM
Trust Ultimate to dig up an old Mundine Thread.

LOL yeh mate, had nothing else to do. I prob should get back to work now. :banana:

kamicazze
09-13-2007, 06:30 AM
i hear that mundine wont ever fight again tho! if kessler loses 2 calzaghe that rematch is definetly on the horizon but personally id love to c carl froch vs anthony mundine, the 2 most outspoke , brash and ****y fightrs in the division! thered definetly be fire works