View Full Version : to love or be loved

* FeistyWench *
11-05-2006, 03:24 PM
is it better to love or be loved?
rarely in relationships are 2 people's feelings for each other of equal intensity, so to speak. someone usually cares for, or loves, the other person more than the other person.

so would you rather be completely in love, knowing that your significant other may not love you as much or maybe not love you at all OR would you rather be the one who is loved, you may not love the other person as much as they love you or you may not love that person at all???

Which is better and why?

Discuss...

BrooklynBomber
11-05-2006, 03:29 PM
Hard question, cause I was in both positions and it sucked either way..............

BrooklynBomber
11-05-2006, 03:29 PM
BTW, how are the kids and recovery process?

* FeistyWench *
11-05-2006, 03:33 PM
BTW, how are the kids and recovery process?

i'm doing well B.B.
thanks for asking... :)

The Noose
11-05-2006, 07:07 PM
I would definatly choose to be loved. Selfish maybe, but i cant see myself really loving somone, knowing that they didnt love me as much.
I wouldnt allow myself to truely love them.

Also, if u are the one being loved, and not really loving the other person. The fact that u are being loved could be the thing (in time) that makes u start to love them.
Basically u have possibilites, and ur in the better position. whereas if it were the other way around (hoping they start to love u), its an unhealthy hope, they may never love u, and u should really just move on.

Shanus
11-05-2006, 07:40 PM
I wouldn't know, I've only ever really liked somebody.

But from what I do know, if a girl really likes you and the feeling isn't mutual, it's frustrating and annoying, but when it's the other way around it's quite painful.

Rockin'
11-05-2006, 07:55 PM
I would rather love. To have the feeling of complete harmony and bewilderment of a certain woman is pure treasure....Rockin':boxing:

The Noose
11-05-2006, 10:51 PM
I would rather love. To have the feeling of complete harmony and bewilderment of a certain woman is pure treasure....Rockin':boxing:
Even if u knew she didnt love u?
I dont see any harmony there.

SryNoAutographs
11-12-2006, 08:25 PM
To complicated for me. I can't choose.

Dr.Depravity
11-12-2006, 10:37 PM
I think most people at some point in their lives will experience both at one time or another. I think loving somebody more than they love you back would be worse. When somebody else loves you more than you love them. You do feel sorta guilty. Like your kind of leading them on or something.

flipside
11-13-2006, 12:54 AM
a balance must always be maintained

Scottie2Hottie
11-13-2006, 02:36 AM
it was once said that "the one who loves the least controls the relationship."

not true. ive been in a position where i was totally smitten with a girl, but so unwilling to give up power that i just kind of hid my feelings. it worked, she loved me more, but it created a cycle where her feelings would change based on how much i showed mine. more i loved her, the more she'd pull back, and vice versa.

that being said, im not sure im willing to give love another chance. ah, love...she is a mother****er, no?

K-DOGG
11-13-2006, 02:45 PM
Sadly, to be loved. To love someone and not be loved in return is one of the most painful experiences that anyone can go through. This is called foolishness, or obsession because you are putting yourself in the posistion to be used.....and you will be, more that likely. This is never good for the pshyche and can and more than likely will cause permanent emotional damage.

Love is a choice....you choose to love and whom you love; don't choose poorly or it will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought possible.

eazy_mas
11-13-2006, 03:57 PM
The best thing is balance but if you had to choose. There is not choose in that in reality because human nature is complex.

love and be love there is intensity there is many factors come along. you cant really judge by that. To love someone make you stronger and to be loved to, because when you love someone you will do anything for them even climb-up mout. conquer castles...etc.

and usually in human nature if there is no return in love it wont last long. because we are not living alone and if someone does not get his love in return he will find another person who will.

phallus
11-13-2006, 07:01 PM
i've never had someone love me that i didn't love, every girlfriend i've ever had i loved more than she loved me ( that is, if she even loved me at all). i'm actually cool with this, because at the time, and maybe still now, if i saw them again, i felt they deserved to be loved...nowadays, though, i don't really believe in love anymore, i think there's just different levels of feels good. people are too out for themselves to love someone else

K-DOGG
11-13-2006, 08:46 PM
i've never had someone love me that i didn't love, every girlfriend i've ever had i loved more than she loved me ( that is, if she even loved me at all). i'm actually cool with this, because at the time, and maybe still now, if i saw them again, i felt they deserved to be loved...nowadays, though, i don't really believe in love anymore, i think there's just different levels of feels good. people are too out for themselves to love someone else

Ahh. Sounds like you and I have seen similar scenarios. Sorry to hear that, man. Unfortunately, for the most part, I agree with you.....but can't let go of hope.

I was very lucky when I found my wife. She's one of the few people I've run across that is sincere and does know how to love. She has her flaws and selfish tendencies; but who doesn't?

However, I understand exactly where you're coming from.....well, I think. The last time my heart got busted, it changed me. To be honest, it felt like part of me died; but life does go on and you either have to give up or cowboy up.

On a personal note, back when my wife was my soon-to-be fiance i was honest and told her, you're getting the best of what's left of me.....'cause sometimes that's all you can do. She ended up bringing more out of me than I thought I had left.

The longer we all live, the more life we experience, the more of ourselves we lose along the way; but, if we're lucky, we'll find new pieces to fill in the voids.

Okay...I'm done.

11-13-2006, 09:05 PM
I will never show love to another female as long as I live. The more you respect and love a female the more they **** on you. From here on out, I do all the ****ting. I don't care if I grow old and die alone. I know I won't **** on me.

phallus
11-13-2006, 09:42 PM
Ahh. Sounds like you and I have seen similar scenarios. Sorry to hear that, man. Unfortunately, for the most part, I agree with you.....but can't let go of hope.

I was very lucky when I found my wife. She's one of the few people I've run across that is sincere and does know how to love. She has her flaws and selfish tendencies; but who doesn't?

However, I understand exactly where you're coming from.....well, I think. The last time my heart got busted, it changed me. To be honest, it felt like part of me died; but life does go on and you either have to give up or cowboy up.

On a personal note, back when my wife was my soon-to-be fiance i was honest and told her, you're getting the best of what's left of me.....'cause sometimes that's all you can do. She ended up bringing more out of me than I thought I had left.

The longer we all live, the more life we experience, the more of ourselves we lose along the way; but, if we're lucky, we'll find new pieces to fill in the voids.

Okay...I'm done.

i like that " you're getting the best of what's left of me "...if i meet another woman i think i could love, i'm gonna use that one

my best friend's mom was divorced and really ****ed over by her ex husband. she told me she thought she'd never trust a man again. she met someone else ( it's a long but beautiful story ) - my buddy's step dad, they've been happily married for 20 years, and she says she's more in love than the first time...it's beautiful, a really inspiring story but most people don't find love like that

Ta Khent
11-13-2006, 11:01 PM
rarely in relationships are 2 people's feelings for each other of equal intensity, so to speak. someone usually cares for, or loves, the other person more than the other person.

so would you rather be completely in love, knowing that your significant other may not love you as much or maybe not love you at all OR would you rather be the one who is loved, you may not love the other person as much as they love you or you may not love that person at all???

Which is better and why?

Discuss...

It's better to be loved. However, I would think that someone who knows that their love is not being reciprocated, should have the courage to remove him or herself from that relationship.

LIU KANG
11-14-2006, 07:28 PM

Which is better and why?

Discuss...I'd rather be the one that's loved.. I have issues with feeling unloved at times. Due to a uncaring father while I was young.

hemichromis
11-15-2006, 03:50 PM

Which is better and why?

Discuss...

i fall in love wayy to quickly its's a ****ing *****!!! no shes a ****ing *****!!!

BuddyChacon
11-15-2006, 04:21 PM
If I really fall for a girl like now I tell her I love her and she is not ready to say it back. I still say it because I feel it and hope she will soon. **** it you only live once so you should take a chance. Usually you love someone and they secretly love someone else. That is my luck anyhow.

* FeistyWench *
11-15-2006, 04:26 PM
If I really fall for a girl like now I tell her I love her and she is not ready to say it back. I still say it because I feel it and hope she will soon. **** it you only live once so you should take a chance. Usually you love someone and they secretly love someone else. That is my luck anyhow.

as a rule of thumb, when i was dating, i never said i love you first.
that's just me though. in general i tried to hide my feeling unless i knew they were reciprocated.

BuddyChacon
11-15-2006, 04:34 PM
that's just me though. in general i tried to hide my feeling unless i knew they were reciprocated.

I usually do but I feel hard and had to say it first. Most girls make you say it first. She will probably break my heart because I used to be ****ty to other women and it will be Karma.

Hard Boiled HK
11-15-2006, 09:06 PM
You need both for true happiness. It's true.

phallus
11-15-2006, 11:48 PM

man, buddy we must like hermanos de leche or something because that's pretty much how i see it, too

BrooklynBomber
11-16-2006, 12:21 AM

And how do u tell in a crowd who likes you.
I used to think that I can, but by latter experiences proved me wrong.

phallus
11-16-2006, 12:41 AM
And how do u tell in a crowd who likes you.
I used to think that I can, but by latter experiences proved me wrong.

this is a really good point ( i can't tell either )

HendrixLove
11-16-2006, 12:46 AM
I usually do but I feel hard and had to say it first. Most girls make you say it first. She will probably break my heart because I used to be ****ty to other women and it will be Karma.

I feel sorry for you bro,lololol......you give away the drivers seat when you say I love you......

Katz
11-16-2006, 01:25 AM
its better to be loved...:D

Scottie2Hottie
11-16-2006, 02:03 AM
its better to be loved...:D

just ask manny pacquiao.

eazy_mas
11-17-2006, 04:35 PM
could love really grows on you.

for example if you love someone you show them your love and then the other person will love you in time and love you more and more in time to.

usually saying i love you does not neccerly means that they love you. because love is not only word and flowers and smiles love it what takes you out through hard times and care for you.

BuddyChacon
11-17-2006, 05:06 PM
could love really grows on you.

for example if you love someone you show them your love and then the other person will love you in time and love you more and more in time to.

usually saying i love you does not neccerly means that they love you. because love is not only word and flowers and smiles love it what takes you out through hard times and care for you.

Exactly that is how you know if someone loves you. They will stick by you during rocky times when things get really bad.

phallus
11-18-2006, 12:12 AM
Exactly that is how you know if someone loves you. They will stick by you during rocky times when things get really bad.

good luck, u won't find anybody like this today, unless u're bobby brown

eazy_mas
11-18-2006, 01:26 AM

belive me you will find but you just have to find it harder and try trusting people.

even if they wont stand by your side but someday someone will.

The Noose
11-18-2006, 02:20 AM
lmao.

belive me you will find but you just have to find it harder and try trusting people.

even if they wont stand by your side but someday someone will.

Nothing is certain.
Im a firm believer in dying sad and lonley.

If ur lucky u will find somone as sad and lonley as u. The lucky ones have somone to mourn.

:haha:

eazy_mas
11-19-2006, 12:37 PM
lmao.

Nothing is certain.

If ur lucky u will find somone as sad and lonley as u. The lucky ones have somone to mourn.

sometimes you have to understand the other person before you are understood.

That is the problem with use today everybody wants what they want and ends up in the sink.

I am never lonely. lonelness is just what you think inside you. but if you hold up for few second and think and obseverve the people around you will know that there is always someone taking care of you but if you go with the group even if there many surronding you you are still lonely because that is how
you feel. i always got my family and friends and people in the neghood.

phallus
11-21-2006, 01:00 AM
lmao.

Nothing is certain.

i'm alone, i'm not lonely...i have a good collection of ****ography

The Noose
11-21-2006, 04:40 AM
i'm alone, i'm not lonely...i have a good collection of ****ography
In times of sadness i take comfort in watching people as ugly and ****ed up as i am.
sometimes you have to understand the other person before you are understood.

That is the problem with use today everybody wants what they want and ends up in the sink.

I am never lonely. lonelness is just what you think inside you. but if you hold up for few second and think and obseverve the people around you will know that there is always someone taking care of you but if you go with the group even if there many surronding you you are still lonely because that is how
you feel. i always got my family and friends and people in the neghood.

I only feel lonley wen i am around others. Watching them.
"lonliness is just what you think inside you".......my imagination usually takes care of any lonliness. My almost constant state of being disconnected from my reality enables me to contently waste away.

Dirt E Gomez
11-21-2006, 05:52 PM
I'm a realist...

Ignorance truly is bliss.

If you love the other person with a passion than you're blinded by facts and to you they will love you just as much, if not more than you because you'll convince yourself of it.

MANGLER
12-28-2009, 03:33 AM

Which is better and why?

Discuss...

Obviously it's better to be loved than to show love. You can't trust people, no matter how much you wanna love em.

I been shaded by people I had nothin but love for. It's a **** feelin. No point in lovin somebody who you don't give it back.