View Full Version : Brave Vs fearless

platinummatt!
11-05-2006, 12:40 PM
Is it better to be fearless of brave, and what would you rather be? Fearless being that you dont feel, or try not to feel fear. Brave being where you feel fear and do it anyway. I think its safer to be fearless, aslong as you stay raitonal. And I feel its more honourable to be brave. What do you think?

BrooklynBomber
11-05-2006, 12:47 PM
Fearless -- Dumb
Fear keeps you sharp and ups your awareness of the situations
Brave is much better/

platinummatt!
11-05-2006, 12:48 PM
Fearless -- Dumb
Fear keeps you sharp and ups your awareness of the situations
Brave is much better/

thats why I said you need to be rational

hemichromis
11-05-2006, 01:29 PM
being fearless is beig ignorant
courage is acting inspite of fear

platinummatt!
11-05-2006, 01:37 PM
ok. Fearless I mean, not feeling fear, but being aware of problems, and being rational

BrooklynBomber
11-05-2006, 02:03 PM
ok. Fearless I mean, not feeling fear, but being aware of problems, and being rational

Fearless is a mental condition,
but what you are talking here is pretty much impossible, being rational and at the same time feeling no fear.

platinummatt!
11-05-2006, 02:34 PM
It is possible

* FeistyWench *
11-05-2006, 02:44 PM
i'd love to be fearless

BrooklynBomber
11-05-2006, 02:56 PM
It is possible

Ok, lets talk about term "rational"
What does it mean to you?

platinummatt!
11-05-2006, 03:59 PM
OK right heres what I mean
In a case of war:

Brave: We really need to get over there to stop that bomb but I might get shot, Im scared of dieing but it has to be done. So the guy does it.

Fearless: That bomb needs to be defused but I might get shot anyway. I dont WANT to die ( not fear, want ) but it has to be done so Ill do it

THE REAL NINJA
11-05-2006, 04:58 PM
Fear is your best friend Matt ...fear is what separates humans from the animals the understanding that danger can lead to harmful consequences and the ability to control fear is unique to us and should be respected and thought of not as a curse but an advantage.ADRENALINE AND ITS EFFECTS

When you are frightened, the adrenal glands secrete adrenaline into the bloodstream. The effect of the adrenaline boost is for fight or flight, the effects of this are;

Blood is sent to the major muscles and organs (the reason for a pale face -the blood draining to more important areas) -this provides the muscles with more energy reserves to draw from.

Increased strength.

Increased heart rate.

Increased breathing rate.

Heightened vision, hearing and sense of smell (but the eyes suffer from tunnel vision. This enhances visual concentration, but a negative by-product is the blinkering of your peripheral vision).

Time distortion -everything seems to go into slow-motion (due to the brain processing everything a lot faster).

Dilation of the pupils.

The hair follicle muscles contract (giving the feeling of your hair standing on end).

Pre-fight shakes -your limbs may shake uncontrollably.

Dry mouth.

Voice quiver -your voice may acquire an audible tremor.

Profuse sweating -especially the palms and the forehead.

This is a survival mechanism that all animals have, including humans, and is the basis of the fight or flight reaction to stress. The danger in a combat situation is that you may lose control of all this useful energy and descend into panic, so you have to learn how to co-ordinate these emergency powers. This is partly a question of focusing your mind on the task at hand.

platinummatt!
11-05-2006, 06:58 PM
Fear is not the same as Adrenal reaction.

THE REAL NINJA
11-05-2006, 08:03 PM
Fear is not the same as Adrenal reaction.

fear causes a adrenal reaction :banana:
if all zigs are zags and all zags are zips then are all zigs zips ?

platinummatt!
11-06-2006, 11:47 AM
Fear doesnt always cause the adrenal reaction. I have the adrenal reaction if a 4 year old starts on me. Doesnt mean Im scared of it

THE REAL NINJA
11-06-2006, 04:10 PM
Fear doesnt always cause the adrenal reaction. I have the adrenal reaction if a 4 year old starts on me. Doesnt mean Im scared of it

Yes it does Matt but anger and pain also cause it .But anyway I rather be brave people who are fearless have mental problems which sometimes lead them into crime because of the mental block they do not fear the outcome or punishment due to their actions. Watch 'The Iceman' Richard Kuklinski [Confessions of a Mafia Hitman] It has been on HBO a doctor gives him a psychological exam and comes to the conclusion that Richard Kuklinski has the same set of mind of someone on the bomb squad fearless. He also tells him that this way of thinking has elements of antisocial and schizophrenia behavior.

K-DOGG
11-06-2006, 05:55 PM
Yes it does Matt but anger and pain also cause it .But anyway I rather be brave people who are fearless have mental problems which sometimes lead them into crime because of the mental block they do not fear the outcome or punishment due to their actions. Watch 'The Iceman' Richard Kuklinski [Confessions of a Mafia Hitman] It has been on HBO a doctor gives him a psychological exam and comes to the conclusion that Richard Kuklinski has the same set of mind of someone on the bomb squad fearless. He also tells him that this why of thinking has elements of antisocial and schizophrenia behavior.

That's as clearly defined as it's going to get.

Great post.

The Noose
11-06-2006, 06:41 PM
So Brave is kicking Fearless's arse.

Apart from Fiesty, who is already brave, and is just being plain greedy for her fearlessness.

Ever seen the film Fearless? If think it has Jeff Bridges in it, he survives a plane crash and thinks he is invincible. He starts putting himself in danger believing nothing can happen to him.
Ive never seen the whole thing.
In fact i may have the movie title wrong.

Anyway, i was going to say id rather be Mel Gibson in Braveheart than Jeff Bridges in Fearless, but im not going to.
Its a stupid idea, and i regret bringing it up.

How about "Regret Vs Saftey first".

"Like the Butthole Sufers said, its better to regret something u did, then somthing u didnt do".

phallus
11-07-2006, 12:28 AM
So Brave is kicking Fearless's arse.

Apart from Fiesty, who is already brave, and is just being plain greedy for her fearlessness.

Ever seen the film Fearless? If think it has Jeff Bridges in it, he survives a plane crash and thinks he is invincible. He starts putting himself in danger believing nothing can happen to him.
Ive never seen the whole thing.
In fact i may have the movie title wrong.

Anyway, i was going to say id rather be Mel Gibson in Braveheart than Jeff Bridges in Fearless, but im not going to.
Its a stupid idea, and i regret bringing it up.

How about "Regret Vs Saftey first".

"Like the Butthole Sufers said, its better to regret something u did, then somthing u didnt do".

" mastering others is strength
mastering yourself makes u fearless "

THE REAL NINJA
11-07-2006, 07:40 AM
That's as clearly defined as it's going to get.

Great post.

Thanks:banana: there's my dyslexia kicking in again this way of thinking not why

platinummatt!
11-07-2006, 10:35 AM
Not feeling fear does not = mental problems. It can just be an attitude.

platinummatt!
11-07-2006, 10:50 AM
ok this book I have I thought said its not the same thing, it doesnt. here look anyway: http://people.howstuffworks.com/fear.htm

I still dont think fear IS the adrenaline reaction. And I dont think the adrenalin reaction needs you to be scared either

The Noose
11-07-2006, 01:38 PM
ok this book I have I thought said its not the same thing, it doesnt. here look anyway: http://people.howstuffworks.com/fear.htm

I still dont think fear IS the adrenaline reaction. And I dont think the adrenalin reaction needs you to be scared either

LOL. Thats funny.

Getting beack to the original point.
I dont think the rush of adrenaline means ur scared so much as ur brain is sensing danger, and u are aware of the possibility u might get seriously injured or watever the situation is.
People who are fearless dont sense that.

There is a difference between being scared and feeling fear.

platinummatt!
11-07-2006, 01:41 PM
LOL. Thats funny.

I dont think the rush of adrenaline means ur scared so much as ur brain is sensing danger, and u are aware of the possibility u might get seriously injured or watever the situation is.

Lol just cos I read it from a book! I think that anyway atm. Yeh probably what you said about being scared and fealing fear. I dunno though Im sure you cat feel fear without adrenaline

THE REAL NINJA
11-08-2006, 07:52 AM
LOL. Thats funny.

THE REAL NINJA
11-08-2006, 07:58 AM
Not feeling fear does not = mental problems. It can just be an attitude.

Then you are making a mental block of the of fear in order to block it you must still have felt it at some point . Someone who blocks out fear is called brave not fearless . A fearless person never feels fear there for would never need to block it out in the first place .ok this book I have I thought said its not the same thing, it doesnt. here look anyway: http://people.howstuffworks.com/fear.htm

I still dont think fear IS the adrenaline reaction. And I dont think the adrenalin reaction needs you to be scared either Ok now go look up adrenaline... "Epinephrine plays a central role in the short-term stress reaction—the physiological response to threatening, exciting or environmental stressor conditions such as high noise levels or bright light". What you posted does say that it causes a adrenaline reaction but breaks it down into exact detail it told you the after effects of the adrenaline rush caused by fear . Fear = rush of adrenaline = increased heart rate,blood flow etc . Have you ever heard the stories about how a 100 pound woman lifts a car by herself to free her child who was pinned under it ? Now what makes her able to to perform such a feat ? It's the adrenaline which gave her a boost of strength . And why would she have an adrenaline rush ? Is she mad at her child for being ran over ? No she is in fear that her child will be crushed to death . There for this becomes a perfect example of how fear causes a adrenal reaction ....I rest my case booya and i'm out .http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adrenaline

platinummatt!
11-09-2006, 10:22 AM
Brave is fealing the fear and doing it.

THE REAL NINJA
11-10-2006, 07:38 AM
Brave is fealing the fear and doing it.

um yeah that's what i said

platinummatt!
11-10-2006, 12:10 PM
Then you are making a mental block of the of fear in order to block it you must still have felt it at some point . Someone who blocks out fear is called brave not fearless . A fearless person never feels fear there for would never need to block it out in the first place . Ok now go look up adrenaline... "Epinephrine plays a central role in the short-term stress reaction—the physiological response to threatening, exciting or environmental stressor conditions such as high noise levels or bright light". What you posted does say that it causes a adrenaline reaction but breaks it down into exact detail it told you the after effects of the adrenaline rush caused by fear . Fear = rush of adrenaline = increased heart rate,blood flow etc . Have you ever heard the stories about how a 100 pound woman lifts a car by herself to free her child who was pinned under it ? Now what makes her able to to perform such a feat ? It's the adrenaline which gave her a boost of strength . And why would she have an adrenaline rush ? Is she mad at her child for being ran over ? No she is in fear that her child will be crushed to death . There for this becomes a perfect example of how fear causes a adrenal reaction ....I rest my case booya and i'm out .http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adrenaline

..................... here you say that its someone who blocks it out

Rockin'
11-10-2006, 12:25 PM
Being brave is an honorable trait that will help you to surpass preconcieved thoughts about your abilities.

Being fearless is a reckless trait that will lead you into right hands that send you far past your depths of conciousness.

In the professional ring reckless will get you dropped.

You stepping up to answer that first bell leaves it obvious that you have bravery. Once the bell rings you just roll with it.

Rockin':boxing:

In the ring you should not be reckless, but ofcourse there is a time for everything in the ring when your doing what you have to do to survive. Sometimes you have to just "let 'em go" and send your fists into a blurring illusion.

The most powerfull things that a fighter posseses are his mind and his eyes, everything else is secondary at best. A fighter might have the sharpest right hand in the world and power to spare with it but if he cant figure out how to land it then whats it worth.

THE REAL NINJA
11-11-2006, 02:00 AM
..................... here you say that its someone who blocks it out

ok i just ment they feel fear but block out the effect of it stopping them from doing whatever it is.

eazy_mas
11-11-2006, 04:21 AM
most people have fear but not many are brave.

Sometimes if you hav fear of sometihng you will be brave and work enought to do something. Fear is a major incetive for some of the things.

For example in the boxing work there is Mayweather who fears being deafted he works so hard so it wont happen to him. He wants to stay 0L til he retires.As well the fear of God makes us dont do somethings in like and do good deeds. and last but not least is the fear like the animal fear where they attack because they fear similar to the fear of racist on others race or gangs and stuff like that.

Fear have some incetivte in life if we dont have fear we wont be that much of anything. Why do people take MMA or boxing because the fear someday they cant protect themself.

MANGLER
12-28-2009, 02:18 AM
Is it better to be fearless of brave, and what would you rather be? Fearless being that you dont feel, or try not to feel fear. Brave being where you feel fear and do it anyway. I think its safer to be fearless, aslong as you stay raitonal. And I feel its more honourable to be brave. What do you think?

Brave FTW.

It's stupid to just do **** not thinkin it thru. If you right in the mind you don't wanna **** up and do yourself or other people in actin on a whim.

"Fear" inherently gets connotated wit bein *****, which ain't true. Not all harm is physical. Any decent cat wants to get ahead wit minimal damage to other people and themselves.

Fearless ******s are just cats wit they chest puffed out tryin to make macho points that end up ****in **** up.