View Full Version : Bob Sapp Mania!

Money
12-17-2002, 11:55 AM
Here's something interesting from the Wrestling Observer:

Bob Sapp broke one of the oldest traditions in Japanese wrestling by being named Pro Wrestling MVP in the media balloting held earlier today.

Sapp becomes the first foreign wrestler to ever win the award in the 29-year history of the balloting. Sapp also won the award while participating in only two of what would be called pro wrestling matches in many people's eyes all year.

He's bigger than Shrek!

James Fulton
12-17-2002, 11:57 AM
The japanese love him. Although I wish they'd make a Superheavyweight division for him to fight mma in... I think he's great for the pro wrestling world.

pål johnsen
12-17-2002, 01:37 PM
hmm.. sapp scares me

Money
12-17-2002, 01:43 PM
Sapp needs to fight Coleman.

realkaps
12-17-2002, 01:55 PM
I read that the WWE is interested in Sapp too.......

Waylander
12-17-2002, 02:00 PM
I dont know what to think about it if Sapp goes to WWE

Leather
12-17-2002, 02:10 PM
[quote:0edc15986f="James Fulton"]The japanese love him. Although I wish they'd make a Superheavyweight division for him to fight mma in... I think he's great for the pro wrestling world.[/quote:0edc15986f]

OK, but do you think the same for the MMA world?
I prefer an equanimous fighter (Mezger, Nogueira,...) than a muscle mass as Sapp (of course, the last is more spectacular)

Piedra
12-17-2002, 02:51 PM
Its the first time I dont agree with you leather, mma needs exposure the way to attract massive audiences is giving great shows bob sapp is a show man himself.

Leather
12-17-2002, 03:00 PM
True Piedra, as you say , this man is a show to attract the audience, of course, do you think this "new" audience would like a Sakurai, Uno or Rizzo fight?
I preffer attract the people with great fights like Silva vs Mezger or Nog vs Henderson...

Leather
12-17-2002, 03:03 PM
I would say if you show a brutal fight of Sapp, the new audience will have the hope of see all MMa fights like this, not a fight with fighters like Pulver or Din Thomas

Piedra
12-17-2002, 03:06 PM
Well sakurai thats the big leagues my friend as its Piedra Rizzo and Uno sperry, murilo bustamante and other great martial artists just combine show business with great performers and thats it.

Leather
12-17-2002, 03:18 PM
Of course (I remember the Randleman & Coleman photos in JPW...no coments) but I say the people doesn't know MMA world would see an stereotype of fights on Sapp's fights...I think it because I showed Sapp vs Nog to some friends and after thir saw Uno vs Penn (great and amazing fight!!) and their preffer see big men like Sapp than see other fighters and.....yes!! I hate pro wrestling!! :wink: