View Full Version : Robin hood morals

platinummatt!
10-31-2006, 10:09 AM
Steal from the rich give to the poor. Good or bad morally? Not to judge robin hood.

The Noose
10-31-2006, 11:10 AM
Stealing is a sin isnt it?
As is judging others.

Plus wat if somone who is rich has worked ****ing hard to get where they are, and is saving up enough money to build a hospital for little sick kids with stumpy legs.

U give money to the poor only for them to spend it on hookers and crack.

MickyHatton
10-31-2006, 11:53 AM
It sounds great looking at it from the fantasy tales of Robin Hood but if it happened today it would be simple robbery!

Has Bobby said the 'rich' person has probably earned his way and some of the poor are just lazy bastards so it wouldn't work!

Anyway with Most Wanted or Crimewatch these days a guy in green tights would stand out a mile! :ugh: :cop:

The Noose
10-31-2006, 03:53 PM
Robin is only doing it for the *****.

phallus
10-31-2006, 09:47 PM

then it's ok

platinummatt!
11-01-2006, 12:05 PM
What if they havent worked hard what if theyre greedy mothe****ers

+= El Jefe=+
11-01-2006, 12:06 PM

now that my friends is a true full hearted cause

K-DOGG
11-01-2006, 12:18 PM
Steal from the rich give to the poor. Good or bad morally? Not to judge robin hood.

It's a nice sentiment; but overall it's wrong, if the rich are just and good people who earned or inherited their money legally.

There is no such thing as "fair", when it come to how people are born. That whole thing about "all men are created equal"...that's bull****. Idealistic bull****. While we all are equal in God's eyes, so to speak, on this plain, tell a man born retarted or with no limbs and no money that he's "equal" with a gold-medal athlete who drives his BMW to the track. Just ain't so.

Here's the Flip-side

Now, if the rich people are rich because of stealing from the poor, either in the form of excessively high taxes or strong-arming, as in the mafia extorting money from shop-owners for "protection".....then, in my opinion, then retribution is fine, the way I look at it.

platinummatt!
11-01-2006, 12:27 PM
interesting,

Nacho_Analstain
11-01-2006, 12:27 PM
What if they havent worked hard what if theyre greedy mothe****ers

maybe if the rich person made his money from sellin his crak to kids

and the poor person is poor because his house burned down and all he wants money for is to build a new life

then thats ok

still not legal tho

K-DOGG
11-01-2006, 12:34 PM
It's a nice sentiment; but overall it's wrong, if the rich are just and good people who earned or inherited their money legally.

There is no such thing as "fair", when it come to how people are born. That whole thing about "all men are created equal"...that's bull****. Idealistic bull****. While we all are equal in God's eyes, so to speak, on this plain, tell a man born retarted or with no limbs and no money that he's "equal" with a gold-medal athlete who drives his BMW to the track. Just ain't so.

Here's the Flip-side

Now, if the rich people are rich because of stealing from the poor, either in the form of excessively high taxes or strong-arming, as in the mafia extorting money from shop-owners for "protection".....then, in my opinion, then retribution is fine, the way I look at it.

I should have clarified something. There is a danger to the "flip-side"....the danger is in becoming just as immoral as the "rich people", in that scneario.

From a "Christian" stand-point, it's wrong to steal from the rich in either scenario. Jesus himself more or less said, if a man takes your coat, give him your cloak too. So, that's an out an out condemnation of stealing in any shape form or fashion. So, I guess I have to recant my "flip-side" scenario in lieu of a higher power and a far, far better man's point of view. Personally, I would find it justified; but according to Jesus.....I am wrong.

So, the ultimate answer I would have to abide by; but would it's never okay to steal, regardless.

Damn, I hate being wrong. :(

Oasis_Lad
11-01-2006, 12:36 PM
in scotland in the 1400's we had someone who stole from the rich then ate them
his name was sawney bean

hood was a phag who wouldn't even indulge in a bit of cannibalism

platinummatt!
11-01-2006, 12:45 PM
I should have clarified something. There is a danger to the "flip-side"....the danger is in becoming just as immoral as the "rich people", in that scneario.

From a "Christian" stand-point, it's wrong to steal from the rich in either scenario. Jesus himself more or less said, if a man takes your coat, give him your cloak too. So, that's an out an out condemnation of stealing in any shape form or fashion. So, I guess I have to recant my "flip-side" scenario in lieu of a higher power and a far, far better man's point of view. Personally, I would find it justified; but according to Jesus.....I am wrong.

So, the ultimate answer I would have to abide by; but would it's never okay to steal, regardless.

So if someone steals something you can steal it back is he saying that??

platinummatt!
11-01-2006, 12:45 PM
and if someone steals you coat, you should give them your cloak too literally?

K-DOGG
11-01-2006, 12:51 PM
So if someone steals something you can steal it back is he saying that??

No, he's saying if someones steals your coat, you should give them your cloak, as well. What that means is, if someone wants something you have so bad that they take it from you, then give them something else also, for material possessions mean nothing in the end.

If that's all they want, let them have it. It's akin to turning the other cheek if someone strikes you.....let them hit you again and freely offer the shot, so to show them you are not afraid. Don't fear he who can take your life, fear he who can bring you eternal death. Or, in other words, this world and it's possessons mean nothing.

K-DOGG
11-01-2006, 12:52 PM
and if someone steals you coat, you should give them your cloak too literally?

Yup. That line of thinking is totally against human nature, I know; but Jesus wanted us to rise above human nature and touch what we truly are deep inside.

platinummatt!
11-01-2006, 12:53 PM
I see.But what if everytime you went to eat something someone stole it

platinummatt!
11-01-2006, 12:54 PM
Its gotta be hard raising a kid like that too, if someone kepy stealing there toys

K-DOGG
11-01-2006, 12:54 PM
I see.But what if everytime you went to eat something someone stole it

Let them have it. If God takes care of the sparrows, he will take care of you.

platinummatt!
11-01-2006, 12:56 PM
I suppose so..... You may die and go to heaven

K-DOGG
11-01-2006, 12:58 PM
Its gotta be hard raising a kid like that too, if someone kepy stealing there toys

Well, I was raised not to fight....until I kept getting beat up. Then I was threatened with a beating the next time I came home crying cause some kid beat me up. So, the next day, I busted the kid up....quite instinctly, honestly. I'd hit him before I knew it and kept hitting him because I was afraid if I'd stopped, he'd beat me up real bad.

Still, Jesus does not teach revenge. My parents didn't either; they just taught me self-defense and to stand up for myself. The idea being, I guess, that Jesus would understand.

Not everybody can turn the other cheek, for there is a difference between turing the other cheek and running away. Offering a cheek to strike is a brave act, as Martin Luther King did; but running away or allowing someone to beat you up out of fear of fighting back is completely different. It's all about state of mind.

K-DOGG
11-01-2006, 01:00 PM
I suppose so..... You may die and go to heaven

lol!!! I don't think that's what he meant. What he meant was God will take care of you on this plain too. Did you ever need some money to buy food or something you needed and then, all of a suddens you find a dollar or someone gives you money, or invites you over for dinner?

platinummatt!
11-01-2006, 01:04 PM
I see the whole defense thing. But christians die every day

platinummatt!
11-01-2006, 01:05 PM
I trust god and am not trying to argue by the way

K-DOGG
11-01-2006, 01:10 PM
I see the whole defense thing. But christians die every day

Dieing isn't the worst thing that can happen to you. If they are prepared to die, then it's sad for us; but they are in a far better place. At least that's what I believe.

The Noose
11-01-2006, 01:20 PM
Let them have it. If God takes care of the sparrows, he will take care of you.

But that just sounds like ur saying its ok to be a bum.
Surley in this world the notion of turning the other cheek or letting people steal from u in the belief in a higher plain of existance is kinda crazy.
I cant see it from a realistic standpoint.

If we all let people take wat they wanted from us our quality of life would be kinda ****, eventhough im sure a poor yet close community has much more value to it. And those who steal and use violence will turn on each other and never know the value of trust and love.

Ok, nevermind, i see ur point!!:grouphug:

phallus
11-01-2006, 07:37 PM

it's never ok because in doing so, u have to **** someone over to give to someone else. sort of like, u have good intentions but end up causing a huge four car accident on the freeway while trying to get someone to the hospital before they bleed to death

MickyHatton
11-04-2006, 04:47 PM
maybe if the rich person made his money from sellin his crak to kids

and the poor person is poor because his house burned down and all he wants money for is to build a new life

then thats ok

still not legal tho

azza, I hope your talking about the rich person selling drugs if not thats a completely different thread:lol1:

MANGLER
01-02-2010, 03:26 AM

No rich person got an obligation to help poor people out. But if they got more $ than they'll live long enuf to spend and already have their families secured, it's admirable for them to help out.