View Full Version : Audley Harrison, bust or star?

bubba1
09-20-2004, 12:43 PM
what are your thoughts? is this guy the next lennox or the next michael grant?

J !
09-20-2004, 12:50 PM
hi mate, well he sure aint the next lennox, I think if he steps it up and improves in the States (definitely a good thing for his career) he may be able to manouvre himself for a decent title shot, after meeehan nearly beat brewster and williams sparked him in the first round, hardly awe inspiring.

Cant see him taking out Vitali though, too big too rough and too relentless, Aud needs to up his work rate but he has some decent boxing skills, all depends on the next 12 months in my view.

But most of all he needs to up his standard of opponent.

Neuraxis
09-20-2004, 05:27 PM
He's neither. Once he steps up with the quality of his opponents he's going to be the next Axel Schulz. He's fought no one, and he failed to KO Francis, which is something that Sam, Maskaev, Tyson, V. Klitschko, Williams, Mavrovic, Welch, and Ruiz all were able to do.

Sir_Jose
09-21-2004, 12:14 AM
The guy has been apro for some years now and hasn't even made a dent in the division and now he will be put back because of his bad hand

right now im saying he's a bust

anthetamine
09-21-2004, 07:56 AM
he fought francis but stated before the fight he wasnt going to knock him out becauise he wanted the fight to go the distance, to improve his own fitness....... im not saying hes the best boxer out there but a lot of people are under rating him in my opinion

J !
09-21-2004, 08:18 AM
he also did floor him in the last. It was a performance where Audley boxed well within himself and only let his hands go in the last 3 rounds or so.

I dont think its fair to judge him on that fight alone. (by the way skelton also didnt knock out francis nor floor him, Luan Krasniq decisioned him, same Danny williams (to avenge a defeat) but no-one goes on about that.

He has had a lot of negative press but that's 'cos he got a bit carried away after the olympics overhyping himself.

I do believe he will give it a good go in 2005, whether he is good enough to make it with the big names we will have to wait and see.

Neuraxis
09-21-2004, 03:32 PM
Either way he has a really low KO percentage and even more so when you figure in the talent of heavyweights that he has faced.

Winter
09-21-2004, 06:11 PM
I have never heard of Audley Harrison. Maybe he is a bust. If he was a star, I think I would have heard of him. I might be wrong.

Sir_Jose
09-21-2004, 07:46 PM
I have never heard of Audley Harrison. Maybe he is a bust. If he was a star, I think I would have heard of him. I might be wrong.

He's better than Wlad though

Neuraxis
09-21-2004, 07:48 PM
That might be a bit of stretch as of right now by comparing who Wlad has beaten compared to who Harrison has beaten.

Sir_Jose
09-21-2004, 08:18 PM
I was making fun of Tatyana's love of Wlad

Neuraxis
09-22-2004, 12:50 AM
Alright I guess that's ok.

Great
10-27-2004, 11:47 AM
In present division Audley has chance. It is a pity, that it is lazy.:)

Brotherfromthehoods
11-20-2004, 12:18 PM
hes a joke..hes always on tv trying to get press .no one cares..even the people on his own website forums b cussing him..bare jokez

elveiel
11-20-2004, 12:49 PM
Its hard to believe he's been a pro for 4years, he's done nothing but fight bums, he should at least step and fight a top 20 fighter next.

PacKillsMorales
11-20-2004, 05:11 PM
HE LOOKS LIKE HE DOESNT LIKE BEING HIT.
I KNOW THAT SOUNDS STUPID CAUSE NOT MANY
ENJOY BEING HIT BUT HE VISIBLY WINCES WHEN
HE GETS CAUGHT BY A DECENT SHOT.
AND WORSE THAN THAT IS SOMETIMES THE GUYS W
WHO ARE MAKING HIM WINCE ARE CRUISERWEIGHTS
OR PART TIMERS WHO ARENT JUST BOXERS.

I TUNE IN TO SEE HIM GET KNOCKED THE **** OUT.
NO WAY WILL HE FIGHT DANNY WILLIAMS OR HERBIE
HIDE BECAUSE THIER TOO LIVE FOR HIM.

Cletus Funk
11-21-2004, 03:35 AM
HE LOOKS LIKE HE DOESNT LIKE BEING HIT.
I KNOW THAT SOUNDS STUPID CAUSE NOT MANY
ENJOY BEING HIT BUT HE VISIBLY WINCES WHEN
HE GETS CAUGHT BY A DECENT SHOT.
AND WORSE THAN THAT IS SOMETIMES THE GUYS W
WHO ARE MAKING HIM WINCE ARE CRUISERWEIGHTS
OR PART TIMERS WHO ARENT JUST BOXERS.

I TUNE IN TO SEE HIM GET KNOCKED THE **** OUT.
NO WAY WILL HE FIGHT DANNY WILLIAMS OR HERBIE
HIDE BECAUSE THIER TOO LIVE FOR HIM.

I was thinking the same thing about him being hit. It doesn't give me too much confidence about his chin.

He must have a bit of talent to win Olympic gold but I really can't stand him or the way he conducts his career and it makes me angry that he's lucked out by fighting at a time when the HW scene is so bad that he may actually have a chance to win a title. :mad:

Neuraxis
11-21-2004, 04:27 AM
Maybe he should fight Michael Grant next then.

drag0n_
11-21-2004, 05:40 PM
The guy is just a first class bum.

J !
11-22-2004, 01:03 PM
The guy is just a first class bum.

what is it with boxing fans and the word bum for f.f.sake.
no bum wins olympic gold.

you'll see aud come on strong this year believe me, having seen both him and skelton live, Aud would box rings round big Matt.

He boxed well within himself against francis, he has to step it up this year.

Aso for herbie hide being too live you obviously dont keep up on the news, Mr hide will be arrested the minute he sets foot in the country (he is out in vegas at present apparently) for stupid car offences that he didnt go to court for.

Bearing in mind his previous he could go down.

He is also ****ing rubbish as a person and as boxer.

Herbie hide aint no live contender he has been finished for years.

tony
11-23-2004, 10:28 AM
I don't rate (Fr)audley at all... The amateur and pro game are polar opposites. I don't think very much of Skelton either but i see him winning an ugly decision over the fraud, Harrison looks gun shy and doesn't possess the pop in his punches to keep Skelton of him.

So, i'd call him a bust. It's a shame, a lot of people had high hopes to start with. He popped up at one of Robin Reid's fights in Coventry. I don't find him to be very likable and the boos were well placed that night.

Argentina
11-24-2004, 01:49 PM
what are your thoughts? is this guy the next lennox or the next michael grant?
somewhere in between. He's learning the danger of bulding up his career VERY slowly, now he's injured and he's really out of hte public' eye. He said he'd step it up when he comes back and I hope he does. He has the physical attributes, and we'll see how far he goes. I see him potentially challenging for a title.

blackbelt2003
11-26-2004, 10:28 AM
He won't be a star in the way Lennox was...but it's conceivable that he wins an alphabet crown.

He could probably beat a John Ruiz-type of champ in a years time.

Black

n14061981
11-28-2004, 11:55 AM
He has the skills, no doubt.

But these lackluster perfomances dont help him to much.
He needs to get the fire inside, and face some quality opposition.

plexmc
11-30-2004, 06:37 PM
I feel u on that