View Full Version : Froch vs. Calzaghe?

bubba1
09-20-2004, 12:42 PM
Froch wants Calzaghe. I think Calzaghe is too strong and will knock Froch out.

barryboy
09-20-2004, 12:47 PM
Froch has only had about 13 fights so it's a bit premature talking about Calzaghe just now imo, if he'd fought Dodson that would have been a good yard stick as to how far he will go but Dodson's injured or something so he's fighting Damon Hague instead next week, i like Froch's style but the dangling left arm ala Tommy Hearns will get him in trouble one of these days.

PacKillsMorales
09-23-2004, 05:20 AM
whoooah calzaghe is way too much for froch at the moment..they will never face each other IMO

hell what if froch cant even beat hague...a davd haye style set back :p

J !
09-23-2004, 05:49 AM
Your right there Slim, Forch doesnt do himself any favours does he, reading this moring that he is the most talented sportsman in britain, accordingy to himself. :eek:

what a plonker. :rolleyes:

PacKillsMorales
09-23-2004, 07:42 AM
the goofiest d*ckhead who ever starred in a comic strip....carl froch

and that low left....hes gonna get caught big and then well see if hes the real deal.

and thank f*ck we wont have any more sven ottke super mddlwght bouts.
:D

J !
09-23-2004, 08:24 AM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,3-2004441035,00.html

seen this what an arrogant wanker. :D

AJ53
09-23-2004, 08:56 PM
whoooah calzaghe is way too much for froch at the moment..they will never face each other IMO

hell what if froch cant even beat hague...a davd haye style set back :p
got to agree there slim by the time froch is ready calzaghe will probably be retired.
as an interestinging fight what about froch fighting howard eastman!!

J !
09-24-2004, 08:30 AM
calzaghe eastman would be an interesting fight as would calzaghe woods.

Eastman knows too much for Froch in the same way JC does, how bout Scott Dann vs Froch that might be a better fight.

dann is underated and doesnt get the press he deserves in my view.

PacKillsMorales
09-25-2004, 05:41 PM
i suggested froch vs eastman to my mum and stepdad and both said theres no way howard will hang in there..especially after his struggles to do much with his opponent last night

personally id say froch in 8 or howard sd

i think froch has the power to ko any fighter imo and now i just need to see how his chin holds up..i was surprised to discover froch is 27.

Ranger2408
09-25-2004, 05:59 PM
he got caught quite a few times against his previous opponent, his chin held up there but man he is arrogant ( maybe he is just trying to sell himself)
He does have some serious power and he destroyed hague.
By the way s****** did you get to see the Haye-thompson fight yet?

PacKillsMorales
09-25-2004, 07:59 PM
he got caught quite a few times against his previous opponent, his chin held up there but man he is arrogant ( maybe he is just trying to sell himself)
He does have some serious power and he destroyed hague.
By the way s****** did you get to see the Haye-thompson fight yet?

nope...i just checked again and its there...my internet gets cut this month i think so fights havent been my priority.oh well..roy jones vs glencoffe is on the bbc sunday night...so i wont be here till monday lol

elveiel
09-25-2004, 08:15 PM
I think Froch is a good talent and could win titles in the future but Calzaghe would KO him in 1 or 2 rounds if that fight happens.

Froch hands down style would be suicide against Calzaghes superior hand speed and power.

PacKillsMorales
09-25-2004, 08:19 PM
Not sure if calzaghes hand speed and power are superior to frochs..hes definately more experienced and thats what i think would be the telling factor.

elveiel
09-25-2004, 08:51 PM
Not sure if calzaghes hand speed and power are superior to frochs..hes definately more experienced and thats what i think would be the telling factor.

I'm 100% certain Calzaghe has superior hand speed and power. Froch is a good talented british level fighter but Calzaghe is on a different level.

Calzaghe combos are sloppy but i cant think of anyone who throws them quicker!! Froch has struggled to get **** fighters out of there, fighters Calzaghe would KO in a round.

Froch is talented enough to be a world title holder in the future but fighting Calzaghe would be a mistake.

tayloure
10-03-2004, 07:13 AM
Yeah I believe that this fight will happen and is one of the reason that Joe is staying put with Lacy and Froch about. At the moment it would be a easy win for Joe but in the future it would be interesting match.

elveiel
10-03-2004, 12:33 PM
Yeah I believe that this fight will happen and is one of the reason that Joe is staying put with Lacy and Froch about. At the moment it would be a easy win for Joe but in the future it would be interesting match.

Maybe in the future but Calzaghe wont give either a second thought at the moment! Joe needs to fight a top named fighter and Froch would get beat inside the first round(maybe 3 if he runs)

Warren could make the Lacy fight to get him noticed a little more in America(i hate saying that) so that ***** Tarver would get in the same ring as him.

LuKahnLi
10-04-2004, 03:39 PM
Why doesn't Calzaghe fight Echols or somebody LEGIT?

elveiel
10-04-2004, 04:39 PM
Why doesn't Calzaghe fight Echols or somebody LEGIT?

Why doesnt Calzaghe fight Brewer, why doesnt Calzaghe fight Mitchell etc etc etc!!

If Calzaghe beats Echols they will say, Why doesnt Calzaghe fight Green!! It never ends!!

I hope Calzaghe fights Tarver, Hopkins or Johnson next. That will give him he chance to prove his worth. Nobody at super middle is worth a shot!!

LuKahnLi
10-05-2004, 12:25 PM
How long ago was Calzaghe's win over Brewer? Hell, even the Mitchell win was a while ago.

He is acting like he has no options when he has plenty.
Jeff Lacy, Antwun Echols, Anthony Mundine, Manny Siaca and yes, Danny Green. Why was he going out of his way to fight scrubs like Kabary Salem?

LuKahnLi
10-05-2004, 12:28 PM
He also fought Brewer only AFTER Brewer lost to Echols. Only fought Mitchell after he lost to Ottke.....

elveiel
10-05-2004, 05:01 PM
He also fought Brewer only AFTER Brewer lost to Echols. Only fought Mitchell after he lost to Ottke.....

Mitchell would have beat Ottke in every country other than Germany! The judges are stupid idiots!

Like i have said, Calzaghe need a big name in a big money fight at this stage of his career.

PacKillsMorales
10-05-2004, 06:14 PM
calzaghe needed johnson...and instead roy jones took the fight.
now we all know something really really bad happened to roys equilibrium and he wasted his chance..

elveiel
10-06-2004, 08:45 AM
calzaghe needed johnson...and instead roy jones took the fight.
now we all know something really really bad happened to roys equilibrium and he wasted his chance..

You have a wicked Avatar there slimanus!!

chilly9876
10-06-2004, 12:18 PM
im not too sure about calzaghes defence,someone whos got fast hands could really bust him up imo

elveiel
10-06-2004, 01:01 PM
im not too sure about calzaghes defence,someone whos got fast hands could really bust him up imo

It showed against Mitchell! Its not that Calzaghe's defence is poor, its because he throws wild combo's which increases his chances of getting hit & KO'd!

I cant think of any fighter at Light heavy or Super middle who have hand speed as good as Calzaghe, i cant think of many who have his power too(i can think of people with better skills)

Jones did have fast hands but he's looked lazy and slow in his last couple of fights, its a shame because his combo's were special a couple of years ago.

LuKahnLi
10-06-2004, 02:37 PM
I did not see Ottke-Mitchell. I do recall Mitchell conceding that Ottke won.

elveiel
10-06-2004, 02:48 PM
I did not see Ottke-Mitchell. I do recall Mitchell conceding that Ottke won.

Mitchell won on points, the judges didnt see it that way.

Mitchell only has himself to blame, Ottke is probably the worst world champion i have ever seen!! Mitchell could have KO'd Ottke at any point but was too lazy to break a sweat, i wouldnt be suprised if he was paid to lose!

Dont watch that fight unless your really bored.

PacKillsMorales
10-08-2004, 10:50 AM
You have a wicked Avatar there slimanus!!
with the mixed reaction on my avatar im not sure whether wickedis good or bad... :D

elveiel
10-08-2004, 01:41 PM
with the mixed reaction on my avatar im not sure whether wickedis good or bad... :D

Very good!! very funny!!

I know you change you av a lot but you have to stick with this one for a while!!