No announcement yet.

bag question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bag question

im new to boxing ive been hitting the bag in the gym and stuff but was just wondering which bag should i buy if i do buy a bag

Originally posted by the330ballers View Post
    im new to boxing ive been hitting the bag in the gym and stuff but was just wondering which bag should i buy if i do buy a bag
    an everlast leather one should last

Comment

what type? (not brand). what weight? there are so many i just dont know lol
      what about a free standing one? is that good cause i know it would take awhile to set one up get a hanger and all that
      i dunno what do u guys think

Comment

Ive had the same question but be careful who u listen to on here. Not every trains or even know what their talkn about.(not sayin i know everything)
        But it depends how old are u and your size. Most important whats your weight?

Comment

Why do you need to buy a heavybag, don't they have one in the gym?

Comment

what type? (not brand). what weight? there are so many i just dont know lol
            what about a free standing one? is that good cause i know it would take awhile to set one up get a hanger and all that
            i dunno what do u guys think
            IF YOU CAN FIND ONE HALF YOUR WEIGHT IT WOULD BE BEST IT WONT MOVE AROUND TOO MUCH. DON'T USE THE FREE STANDING BAGS THEY ARE NOTHING MORE THAN NOVELTY ITEMS. IN MY OPINION I HAVE YET TO FIND ONE THAT WILL STAY STANDING UNDER MY PUNCHES. LEATHER IS BEST, IF YOU HAVE ANY TYPE OF HAND PROBS CONSIDER A WATER FILLED ONE. THEY ARE EASY ON THE HANDS AND WRISTS.
            MY GENUINE ADVICE WOULD BE TO START WITH A SPEED BAG. LEAVE THE HEAVY BAG FOR THE GYM. I NEVER USE MINE TO PUNCH. JUST TO CARY WHILE DOING MY STRENGTH TRAINING. YOU GUYS SHOULD TRY IN 800 METERS SPINT 800 CARYING THE BAG 25 PUSH UPS AND REPEAT. YOIU WILL FEEL THAT IN THE MORNING.

Comment

you need to find one that is well stuffed. I have a bad and the stuffing fallt to the bottom! And make sure its put up high enough. other than that I dunno what to say.

Comment

Originally posted by platinummatt! View Post
                you need to find one that is well stuffed. I have a bad and the stuffing fallt to the bottom! And make sure its put up high enough. other than that I dunno what to say.
                PLATITNUM,
                YOU CAN TAKE A BAT TO THE BAG AND BEAT THE STUFFING BACK INTO PLACE. "TRUST ME" LAY IT DOWN AND GO TO TOWN WITH IT TIL YOU GOT IT RIGHT. ALSO A GOOD EXERSIZE.

Comment

are you sure? I dont wanna break my bag? plus itll fall down again

Comment

Originally posted by platinummatt! View Post
                    The Ringside bags usually stay in good shape and don't let the stuffing fall to the bottom.

Comment

Working...
                    X