View Full Version : Frank turning into Rickson?? Pricing himself way to high??

Tanner Rhoden
12-10-2002, 05:07 PM
Every thread I've read recently about Frank mentions that he'll fight anyone if the price is right. This seems to be killing his chance to fight in a lot of organizations.
Dana says he doesn't want to fight. Is this because he requested so much money to fight in the UFC that they don't even take him serious?

Rumors have been flying around for so long about Frank returning to the MMA world. I've heard he's fighting Almeida, Renzo, Ryan and most recently heard that he wants to fight Royce. "Rumor" has it that Frank and Royce both demanded so much money from the UFC that this fight will never take place. That and the fact the UFC won't allow Royce to wear the gi anymore.

I'm a big Frank Shamrock fan....always have been. But the fact remains that he's not getting any younger and I think he knows this. He'll be out of his prime before to long.

I can see his need for pricing himself this high. He's probably thinking about what's in store for him ten years from now. He wants to be financially secure. But he needs to look at this realisticly. He'll never fight a big name fighter demanding a huge, Rickson like purse.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tanner Rhoden
12-10-2002, 05:08 PM
I'm not talking about Franks fighting style turning into Ricksons.....I think he would beat Rickson very easily. I'm talking about him over pricing himself like Rickson did.
One advantage Rickson had is that he came around when everyone thought Royce was the best fighter in the world. Then everyone hears about this other Gracie that is supposed to be 10x's the fighter that Royce is. Rickson knew this would draw a lot of attention to him so he said he would only fight for a 1,000,000. He got away with it, as we all know. Frank doesn't have this luxory.

There are SOOO many great fighters out there now for people to enjoy. Since Franks time of domination in MMA, names like Tito, Wanderlai, Ninja, Arona, Minotauro and Liddell have burst onto the scene to steal the show. These guys weren't around when Rickson first came into the MMA scene.

What I'm trying to say is that it's not as big a deal to the fans if Frank comes back now. Sure, it would be great. I know I would be excited, but not everyone cares

Zen
12-10-2002, 05:28 PM
I'd rather see UFC get 4 good fighters for the same price that they'd pay to get Frank or Royce. The sport needs to move forward and if Frank wants to do seminars for the rest of his life that's his perogative.

I'd love to see him fight, but huge salary demands won't help the sport grow, they will only hinder it.

ParazIT
12-10-2002, 06:31 PM
how much is he demanding?

seldomTap
12-10-2002, 08:15 PM
[quote:094a0fb8f6="Snoop Dogg"]I'd rather see UFC get 4 good fighters for the same price that they'd pay to get Frank or Royce. The sport needs to move forward and if Frank wants to do seminars for the rest of his life that's his perogative.

I'd love to see him fight, but huge salary demands won't help the sport grow, they will only hinder it.[/quote:094a0fb8f6]

I completely and absolutely agree...

There are a lot of young guys around who could in time be the next "Franks" or "Royce's" that deserve an opportunity. Frank will never be poor, he has the reputation and a great name in the sport. It is someone elses turn

child supreme
12-10-2002, 08:16 PM
i am a big frank shamrock fan too, but like you said i would rather see UFC get 4 other good fighters than one for that price and so many other fighters are coming up that frank will miss his window back in and be just another fighter that many will say"what if". i hope he doesn't get too big headed.

Big-g
12-10-2002, 11:35 PM
why the hell wont ufc let him wear the gi.

pål johnsen
12-11-2002, 03:22 AM
frank=GOD

realkaps
12-11-2002, 03:25 AM
The previous post that was here makes no since because Pal changed his post......

ShootoKing
12-11-2002, 04:05 AM
PAL.... u are a retard. Spare me your ignorance.

Anyways, i love Frank.... but he needs a reality check.

pål johnsen
12-11-2002, 04:16 AM
hey i love frank too.. just lost all respect to frye thats it... ok may ill delete that post!!!

=)

zioxoiz
12-11-2002, 04:20 AM
Frank is just looking to cash in one last time, he wants his giant payday so he can be set in his old age, i dont blame him but i dont think anyone will pay him, specially after seeing the Ken-Tito fight and how the old school got creamed by the new.

badguy
12-11-2002, 09:59 AM
I would pay 50.00 for a PPV featuring Frank Vs Busta pay him the money unless its just not evan realitic money.

casp3r
12-11-2002, 03:40 PM
since when would anyone deem Frank as being "old-school"? he was one of the first to have a complete game, and classifying him as old-school is incorrect. I don't think Frank is that old, not as old as ken, early 30's is a lot diff than late 30's.

They should pay him whatever he wants, he is their undefeated in the octagon ex-champ. Sure things would be a little tougher vs tito another time around, but I'm sure that Frank isn't the same as he used to be either, he seems to always be training and I'm sure he would give whomever he fought a good fight, and not seem like a shell of his former self *crossing fingers* as Ken did.

purerockfury
12-12-2002, 11:47 PM
i heard that he wanted a million to fight tito again i dont know about the the royce one

miller8966
12-13-2002, 12:07 AM
Frank rules, and if a piece of **** like Tyson can get 15 million a fight, frank should be offered good money too