View Full Version : on barnetts interview

badguy
12-10-2002, 02:51 PM
He says he has nothing to prove by beating Rodriguez. What the hell.
Ricco looked better at beating couture than did barnett and he didnt use roids either. When did barnett become so dominant?

Waylander
12-10-2002, 04:59 PM
Its hard to say, I would need to watch them both over again, but you bring up a very valid point. I was a Barnett fan, but am not sure where my loyalties lie as far as he is concerned.

Perchdogg
12-10-2002, 05:09 PM
Barnett has my vote. He stopped Randy in two and was never seemingly in danger, while Ricco had been hurt a few times by Randy during that fight.

I think Barnett's standup is a lot stronger than Ricco's (let's see Ricco trade with Rizzo for two rounds), Ricco's wrestling may be stronger, and on the ground they're probably even, possibly a slight edge to Barnett because of his activeness, either with constant strikes or submission attempts. I truthfully view Josh as the best heavyweight right now, above Nogueira as well. I think that his striking on the ground is so solid, and that and that's how he ends up winning a lot of fights. The striking on the ground makes the difference between him and Nogueira in my eyes, as well as Barnett being a better wrestler and striker.

As for Josh's comments, I think he talks that way to generate a little hype about himself. I think he truly does see himself as the best, but is generally a more humble person than he puts on in interviews. However, it's comments like those that create curiosity and Josh understands it pretty well, without going overboard like Phil Baroni or someone of that nature.

DOGGx0
12-10-2002, 05:15 PM
ricco is more dominent. especially cause of the steriod factor.... who knows what was going on.

badguy
12-10-2002, 05:41 PM
To say he has nothing to prove makes no sense. He hasnt beat ricco and ricco fighting great right now. if you want to be the best you have to beat the top guys and riccos one of them. thats what he has to prove. Its was more of a stupid statement than a arogent staement and it was very arrogent.

DOGGx0
12-10-2002, 07:15 PM
[quote:ba47b26256="badguy"]To say he has nothing to prove makes no sense. He hasnt beat ricco and ricco fighting great right now. if you want to be the best you have to beat the top guys and riccos one of them. thats what he has to prove. Its was more of a stupid statement than a arogent staement and it was very arrogent.[/quote:ba47b26256]

2nd that. very well put bro.

seldomTap
12-10-2002, 08:08 PM
It is one fight that I guess everyone wants to see...lets hope it can happen somewhere soon.

I like Ricco's fighting style, he uses his gifts very well, I think right now he may just have the edge over Barnett, but I don't think it would be wise to think it would be a one sided match

child supreme
12-10-2002, 08:11 PM
ricco IMO. roid factor for me does it alot. who knows what might have happened if barnett didn't use it. it could've been ricco fight the champ instead of the vacant title shot.

Fallout
12-11-2002, 11:10 PM
Josh dominated Randy yes.....but that means nothing in MMA. It all depends on if you get that W. They both beat Randy.

Also, I look at Josh's loss to Rizzo and shake my hand. He wanted to stand with Pedro? Thats just stupid.

Ricco is an amazing fighter. He seems to have so much natural talent. He is so smooth on the ground. I read above someone saying Josh would have the advantage on the ground. Are you crazy? Ricco submited Nog at the ADCC. Everyone forgets that. I don't see how adding striking would help Nog, maybe on the feet, but definitly not on the ground.

Ricco will be the best HW in the world in 6 months. If what I have heard out of the punishment camp is true....then we will see an amazing transformation. Ricco is so into holding that belt. He wants to be the best. The knock on him is that he didn't like to get hit before. Well, he won't care anymore. Anyone trying to take his belt is going to have one hell of a time. They are going to have to take an AMAZING amount of punishment and they are going to have to do everything short of crippling Ricco to get that belt of his waist.

Mark my words, Ricco Rodriguez is the most talented HW in the world today

Dagger
12-12-2002, 10:47 AM
Ricco is a very talented fighter, and his ground and pound is second to none and near impossible to submit this man, but there is always that "he dont like to get hit" thing hanging over his head and until he wins a war were he takes alot of damage and still overcomes(see Nog vs Sapp) Im gonna go with Nog as the best HW for now.

badguy
12-12-2002, 05:04 PM
[quote:d89a03ea07="seldomTap"]It is one fight that I guess everyone wants to see...lets hope it can happen somewhere soon.

I like Ricco's fighting style, he uses his gifts very well, I think right now he may just have the edge over Barnett, but I don't think it would be wise to think it would be a one sided match[/quote:d89a03ea07]

It would be a very close match. I dont know who would win. I would love to see it