View Full Version : WOW PRIDE 3 is really long!!

VulgarTheClown
12-09-2002, 05:59 PM
WOW PRIDE 3 is really long!!

I had no idea!

whoever this comentator is (not Bas) he really sucks.

(if i can't say that lemme know i will edit.)

pål johnsen
12-09-2002, 06:15 PM
hmm.. i though bas was the comentator... i think he is on mine

HockeyFighter
12-09-2002, 07:10 PM
I have only seen the japanese versions of Prides 1-5

seldomTap
12-09-2002, 07:14 PM
Pride 3 has Newton Sak does it not? That makes the whole card...very good match up. It is just what Sak needs now is a fight with a guy of similar size who isn't going to try and smash his head off his shoulders, but will roll with him.

VulgarTheClown
12-09-2002, 07:51 PM
yeah thats the one.

no Bas is fine its the other guy that sucks.

seldomTap
12-09-2002, 10:03 PM
What did you think of the card?

VulgarTheClown
12-09-2002, 10:07 PM
I thought newton sak was great and the rest was REALLY REALLY slow.

seldomTap
12-09-2002, 10:10 PM
The early Prides were a bit like that. One or two very good matches, and a few not so good ones.

Pride 1 for instance had Rickson v Takada I, which wasn't a good fight for any other reason than it had Rickson in it, and Renzo v Akira Shoji which was actually a pretty good fight...but also had Dan Severn v Kimo and Nathan JOnes v Big ex Sumo Japanese guy whose name escapes me, which were both pretty ordinary fights...

Squezze
12-10-2002, 12:13 AM
You want long? Try Pride 2. That one had a 33 minute Royler Gracie vs Yuhi Sano fight, AND a 52 minute Sanae Kikuta vs Renzo Gracie fight. And the Kikuta fight was soooo dull. Pride 2 has gotta be the longest one besides the Grand Prix. To be honest, I didn't think #3 was that long. Pride 12 has gotta be longer as well.

Squezze
12-10-2002, 12:14 AM
[quote:fd8eff2f3a="seldomTap"]The early Prides were a bit like that. One or two very good matches, and a few not so good ones.

Pride 1 for instance had Rickson v Takada I, which wasn't a good fight for any other reason than it had Rickson in it, and Renzo v Akira Shoji which was actually a pretty good fight...but also had Dan Severn v Kimo and Nathan JOnes v Big ex Sumo Japanese guy whose name escapes me, which were both pretty ordinary fights...[/quote:fd8eff2f3a]

Koji Kitao was his name. That fight was a work, sadly.

And you're forgetting that Pride 1 had a brutal fight between Oleg Taktarov and Gary Goodridge. Goodridge's KO of Oleg has to be one of the most brutal of all time.

seldomTap
12-10-2002, 12:21 AM
If that fight was a work, they shouldn't have bothered...it was pretty poor.

That Oleg/Goodridge fight is pretty sickening...almost hard to watch Oleg trying to fight stand up, why he didn't try to take iot to the mat is a mystery

Squezze
12-10-2002, 09:41 AM
[quote:1aa9b6e7c5="seldomTap"]If that fight was a work, they shouldn't have bothered...it was pretty poor.

That Oleg/Goodridge fight is pretty sickening...almost hard to watch Oleg trying to fight stand up, why he didn't try to take iot to the mat is a mystery[/quote:1aa9b6e7c5]

Yeah, I never got that. Oleg definitly had the WRONG game plan in that one. He was just lucky that he has a good chin, cause he would have been KOed long before then had he had a normal chin.