View Full Version : A comment about the K-1 GP

Fallout
12-08-2002, 04:01 AM
Doesn't anyone else think its funny that Hoost won the K-1 even though he didn't have one clear cut victory the whole night?

A loss, and 2 wins by TKO due to injury.

He shouldn't of even been fighting in the second round, and he wins the thing?

Thats messed up

rtbrouwer
12-08-2002, 07:49 AM
That is the world of tournement fighting.......

If you watch all the other GP's hoost has won you can see that he is not fighting to beat his oponent. His goal is simply to not let his oponents beat him and that is enough to go to the next round. It also keeps you low on injuries. That is how he wins the tournement. A tournement is not about winning from your oponents but about winning the tournement. He plays it smart and gets the Grand Prize!

KimuraMan
12-08-2002, 11:32 AM
Yeah in a tournament you cant go out there and"shoot your whole wad" in the first match. It's all strategy. You go toe to toe trying to kill the guy in the first match, the guy who will be your opponent in the next round is watching from the back laughing his ass off watching you burn all your energy in your first fight. My first couple of judo tourneys I was like that, came out charging looking for a quick ippon struggling to throw the guy and doing all the work while he was just relaxing not letting me break his balance, when I finnally did score Ippon, I was dead tired, 10 minutes later I got thrown hard on my back I had nothing left.

ParazIT
12-08-2002, 01:29 PM
they should have put in Holm instead of Hoost

Fallout
12-10-2002, 01:51 AM
My point is that he shouldn't of been allowed to fight to the second round. He lost

casp3r
12-10-2002, 04:38 AM
they followed their own rules, sapps opponent would be the alternate for sapp if he couldn't continue as long as the doctor cleared him. With the rumors of ishii backing sapp, who knows if he was happy with the outcome, since rumors also have it that he didn't want hoost to win again.

i heard that the rule change with knees in the clinch was also changed for Sapp, cuz Ishii was scared that semmy could land devastaing knees to the head from there on Sapp, which could lead to a early night for the big man.

Squezze
12-10-2002, 09:44 AM
So, why wasn't Holm put back in there instead of Hoost? Holm was the alternate, was he not?

Tanner Rhoden
12-10-2002, 10:17 AM
Hoost rules!!

Aaron Bizarre
12-10-2002, 10:38 AM
do they normally advance the losing opponant to the next round? im not to keen on K-1 rules.

HockeyFighter
12-10-2002, 02:38 PM
Well when Ishii is in charge you never know what to expect.