View Full Version : Hopkins VS Maskaev

KoolWillie
09-29-2006, 05:01 AM
Should hopkins move up too heavy weight and make history or should he keep his promise and stay retired?

GEOFFHAYES
09-29-2006, 07:45 AM
He'll get taken out in a few rounds.

Trust me.

micky_knox
09-30-2006, 05:57 AM
i think its a bit to risky for b hop to move up to h/w

he should either retire or take on calzaghe

Rudyo
09-30-2006, 09:34 PM
Maskaev by early stoppage.

Hopkins is no Toney, and by this i mean that i don't think he could have the same sucess at the higher rate like JT is having/

Larry Merchant
09-30-2006, 09:42 PM
Hopkins by UD

moy22487
09-30-2006, 11:51 PM
Maskaev by early stoppage.

Hopkins is no Toney, and by this i mean that i don't think he could have the same sucess at the higher rate like JT is having/

JT beat holyfield what else has he done in that weight?
hopkins would actually come in in shape and last 12 rounds and use his skill againts a guy who has some what questionable stamina

Rudyo
10-01-2006, 01:41 AM
JT beat holyfield what else has he done in that weight?
hopkins would actually come in in shape and last 12 rounds and use his skill againts a guy who has some what questionable stamina

Well let's see... he beat John Ruiz, Holyfield, got robbed against Sam Peter and many say he beat Rahman... hmmm yeah i guess he has done nothing. :owned:

Hopkins would have gotten KTFO against Peter in the early rounds :kiss:

moy22487
10-01-2006, 03:43 AM
Well let's see... he beat John Ruiz, Holyfield, got robbed against Sam Peter and many say he beat Rahman... hmmm yeah i guess he has done nothing. :owned:

Hopkins would have gotten KTFO against Peter in the early rounds :kiss:

he didnt get the W againts rahman, he got the W againts Ruiz taken away but ruiz is **** ne wayz. and he still got an L againts peter like it or not thats how his record is. :owned:
so besides the W againts hholyfield he has done nothing. im a fan of his but he cant get in shape, and b-hop would never show up to a fight with a soft belly like tony

Azteca
10-01-2006, 04:04 AM
i think what is most likely to happen is that we will see hopkins - jones. hopkins cant expect maskaev to succumb to all of his demands. boxing doesn't need bernard hopkins.

KoolWillie
10-02-2006, 05:54 AM
The Heavyweight boxing fans need him, He will lighting it back up.... Trust me we will miss B-hop when he really is gone.

Coreano
10-03-2006, 05:28 AM
what about Tarver? could he have a shot at any of the heavyweights in your guys' opinions.

blockhead
10-03-2006, 10:51 AM
hop would win in a boring ud.
bernard wouldnt have to throw more than three punches a round because he would land all three of them and maskaev wouldnt come close to landing a punch all night. maskaev would get so tired of chasing hop around the ring that he would become an open slow moving target for a marksman. hop would land that lead right hand at will from the sixth round through the twelth.

tarver could beat maskaev.

King Koyle
10-03-2006, 11:07 AM
I would favor Hopkins by decision....

King Koyle
10-03-2006, 11:15 AM
what about Tarver? could he have a shot at any of the heavyweights in your guys' opinions.

I wouldn't favor Tarver over many of the "top dogs".Especially the one's with a lot of power.Like Peter or Klitchko!But I could see him giving guys like Toney some problems.Although I still wouldn't favor him over Toney.

micky_knox
10-03-2006, 12:41 PM

i dont think so.......
i think hopkins exposed tarver

a h/w will destroy him

LondonRingRules
10-03-2006, 03:16 PM
Nobody is going to pay Hopkins $10 mil. It's all a GB promotional stunt, nothing more.

aljon
10-03-2006, 03:16 PM
Maskaev wins, Hopkins doesn't belong in the HW division...

potatoes
10-04-2006, 10:29 PM
For an easy victory what Hopkins needs in a bigger opponent is a guy who is slow and doesn't move all that much. Maskaev fits the bill perfectly. Hopkins superior speed and agility will give him an easy win on points.

Epie2
10-05-2006, 05:08 PM
Hopefully Maskaev succeeds in defending his title so that the Hopkins fight would materrialize.