View Full Version : Ricky Hatton vs. Jose Luis Castillo, who wins?

MetalVomit
09-28-2006, 02:56 PM
I'll go with Castillo, I doubt JLC would allow Hatton to illegally wrestle him around.

GEOFFHAYES
09-28-2006, 04:01 PM
Hatton is more polished.

RAESAAD
09-28-2006, 04:04 PM
Castillo...........By stoppage in FOTY.

Cletus Funk
09-28-2006, 04:15 PM
Hatton's stronger, quicker,fresher and more relentless.

Castillo has the better defensive technique and is better at distance. He maybe has the edge in 1 punch power too.

I agree, FOTY potential with Hatton's ability to maintain a faster pace edging it.

jason100x
09-28-2006, 04:20 PM
Hatton's stronger, quicker,fresher and more relentless.

Castillo has the better defensive technique and is better at distance. He maybe has the edge in 1 punch power too.

I agree, FOTY potential with Hatton's ability to maintain a faster pace edging it.

In a close fight which could go either way, I am leaning toward Hatton. It would be an exciting fight.

Cletus Funk
09-28-2006, 04:26 PM
In a close fight which could go either way, I am leaning toward Hatton. It would be an exciting fight.

Yeah, I can't wait for it. I hope nothing ****s it up.

Toddy
09-28-2006, 04:37 PM
I still think that Hatton could get a few clinches in then come up with a body shot but castillo has the defence and would keep the distance FOTY potential with Hatton by UD or 11th or 12th round stopage

Moon
09-28-2006, 04:54 PM
If they stand and trade, like they ought to, it's easily Castillo.

If it goes to a decision, for whatevr reasons, I'd pick Hatton.

Cutthroat
09-28-2006, 06:30 PM
Castillo d

Nacho_Analstain
09-28-2006, 06:46 PM
hatton close ud or tko in the late rounds,hatton is pure pressure and wont take a step backwards im not sure how castillo would cope with that

number6
09-28-2006, 06:59 PM
This is a dangerous fight for Hatton,Castillo has faught at the highest level and is a tough world class operator.I wouldn't be suprised if this went either way,but i would lean towards Hatton on points but not by much.
Hatton close ud.

blockhead
09-28-2006, 10:49 PM
hatton by ud in what would be quite possibly the best fight any of us ever get to see.

Left2body
09-29-2006, 12:54 AM
Castillo will win this one. Castillo is a more polished and complete fighter. Castillo also has more ways to win than Hatton.

GEOFFHAYES
09-29-2006, 07:17 AM
There's no doubt that Hatton is the more polished fighter, more variation, more dimensions, better feet, quicker and busier and generally more skilful.

Hatton will win.

Left2body
09-29-2006, 09:03 AM
There's no doubt that Hatton is the more polished fighter, more variation, more dimensions, better feet, quicker and busier and generally more skilful.

Hatton will win.

Dude, I'm not trying to devalue your prediction that Hatton will win but he is not the more skilled fighter. The things you mention i.e. quicker, stamina/work rate are talent issues.

Seriously just think about this objectively for a minute. If Castillo and Hatton fight at any type of range other than phone booth Castillo will have a huge advantage. Hatton will have to get inside on Castillo to unleash he arsenal of weapons.

Hattons strenghts are physical not skill: i.e. Stamina, Strength (@ 140lbs), heart. No one is applauding Hatton's counter punching or defensive prowess. Hatton at best is an adequate defensive fighter and an average boxer.

Castillo is a very good defensive fighter and a good boxer.

Think of it like the Tzu fight, Hatton knew that at any type of range that Tzu would be more dangerous and probably win the fight. Hatton could only beat Tzu by being in his chest and smothering Tzu.

Castillo while not as dangerous when given some range is still much better than Hatton. Castillo will also be the best inside fighter that Hatton has ever faced.

Hence Castillo is the more skilled and polished fighter with more ways to win.

Cletus Funk
09-29-2006, 09:07 AM
I don't totally disagree with what you're saying but I do think that Hatton has a wider variety of punches and puts his combinations together better. But as you say, it has to be at close range.

Dude, I'm not trying to devalue your prediction that Hatton will win but he is not the more skilled fighter. The things you mention i.e. quicker, stamina/work rate are talent issues.

Seriously just think about this objectively for a minute. If Castillo and Hatton fight at any type of range other than phone booth Castillo will have a huge advantage. Hatton will have to get inside on Castillo to unleash he arsenal of weapons.

Hattons strenghts are physical not skill: i.e. Stamina, Strength (@ 140lbs), heart. No one is applauding Hatton's counter punching or defensive prowess. Hatton at best is an adequate defensive fighter and an average boxer.

Think of it like the Tzu fight, Hatton knew that at any type of range that Tzu would be more dangerous and probably win the fight. Hatton could only beat Tzu by being in his chest and smothering Tzu.

Castillo while not as dangerous when given some range is still much better than Hatton. Castillo will also be the best inside fighter that Hatton has ever faced.

SAN D13GO VILLAN
09-29-2006, 09:08 AM
It will be a close fight up to the 12 round but castillo wins because hatton gets a couple points deducted due to excessive holding. thats if they fight here in the states!

The Noose
09-29-2006, 09:20 AM
Ive never heard people say "polished" as much before.

GEOFFHAYES
09-29-2006, 10:09 AM

Hatton blows you away with his technical skill. Castillo does not.

You do not know what your talking about and I'm not even going to bother with you, you have issues. Your not worth it.

Left2body
09-29-2006, 12:36 PM
I don't totally disagree with what you're saying but I do think that Hatton has a wider variety of punches and puts his combinations together better. But as you say, it has to be at close range.

Ok, At least we can agree that Hatton's arsenal is unleashed at close range.

Hatton blows you away with his technical skill. Castillo does not.

You do not know what your talking about and I'm not even going to bother with you, you have issues. Your not worth it.

I discuss and give reasons and examples to back my oppinion and you give retoric and pure unabashed fan biase.

I suppose you would also claim that Hatton would beat PBF with his "Skill"....Your right in one thing though.....your not worth it.

iron mike tyson
09-30-2006, 02:00 PM
hatton any kind of decision wether it be ud or sd.
ppl are saying hatton will have to get inside to fight castilo because hatton has "little boxing skills" but you dont become an accomplished international amatuar with "little boxing skills" we saw some in the tackie fight and hatton outclassed outhussled and outworked tackie all night and got himself a very nice ud

bishop2006
09-30-2006, 04:23 PM
hatton any kind of decision wether it be ud or sd.
ppl are saying hatton will have to get inside to fight castilo because hatton has "little boxing skills" but you dont become an accomplished international amatuar with "little boxing skills" we saw some in the tackie fight and hatton outclassed outhussled and outworked tackie all night and got himself a very nice ud

Lol why everytime we mension Hattons boxing skills some1 has 2 say TACKIE? that was 3 years ago,Im not hatin on u but its stupid,Castillo isnt no TACKIE

BigSlick
09-30-2006, 08:32 PM
anyone saying Hatton is more skilled then "Coward" Castillo needs to get their damn head checked. Hatton's boxing skills are remedial at best and would need to impose his physical style on Castillo to win. Castillo on the other hand can fight just as well backwards as he is forwards. He has show ability to plan traps for boxing types and loves to get in close and mix it up. Castillo is probably one of the best well rounded fighters P4P. Hatton would need for the referee to let him use some of his dirtier tactics in order to win.

Castillo TKO by 10

Rudyo
09-30-2006, 09:31 PM
Yeah, i like Hatton a lot and i think it would be a very close but i don't see him being able to take JLC, so i would say JLC UD/SD in a war.

MetalVomit
10-01-2006, 01:45 AM
Yeah, i like Hatton a lot and i think it would be a very close but i don't see him being able to take JLC, so i would say JLC UD/SD in a war.

I think the only way this one ends is in KO

woftam
10-01-2006, 08:13 AM
Castillo is more to Ricky's weight range.
In fact he is made for him and will stand in front of him all night.

Hatton UD or late stoppage.

Katz
10-01-2006, 12:08 PM
Hatton will throw Castillo out of the ring.

blockhead
10-01-2006, 09:56 PM
Ive never heard people say "polished" as much before.

i have something you can polish.:kiss:

grimes
10-06-2006, 01:58 AM
i say castillo knocks hatton out on his ass

MetalVomit
10-21-2006, 05:15 PM
close poll

josenoway
10-22-2006, 01:24 AM
I'd say first couple rounds go to Ricky through his brawling WWF style but before the 6th JLC figures him out, then it's either JLC by KO or lopsided UD.

xzworks
10-22-2006, 01:42 AM
hatton by close decision..

diavoli
10-22-2006, 07:04 AM
I voted for castillo.

I just think his experience would be the x factor

Oasis_Lad
10-22-2006, 07:06 AM
hatton by ud

The Raging Bull
10-22-2006, 08:22 AM
Hatton by UD I think.

JHAVIS
10-23-2006, 12:16 AM
castillo is the same of fighter but a better boxer

blockhead
10-23-2006, 02:33 AM
castillo is the same of fighter but a better boxer

what!?!?!?!:thinking:

micky_knox
10-23-2006, 06:52 AM
hatten :boxing:

boxeo101
11-01-2006, 04:22 AM
I like hatton but I think Castillo is a beast when he fights the top guys so my vote goes 2 him

Shanus
11-01-2006, 06:54 AM
Trust me, Hatton will impress people in this fight.

He will win a half-wide UD, 116-112.

MetalVomit
11-03-2006, 02:59 PM
hatton by close decision..

I dont think this fight will go to a decision.

cyberthugpatrol
11-03-2006, 03:05 PM
Hatton is more polished.

Hatton is in the wrong sport, his sport is greco-roman wrestling

Castillo is too good a boxer for Hatton.

Mikie
11-05-2006, 07:53 AM

Hatton will win.

In what way is hatton more polished?

Oasis_Lad
11-05-2006, 09:20 AM
hatton would either tko castillo or win a wide ud at 140

TheHoff'sGhost
11-05-2006, 10:10 AM
great match up and definetely fight of the year material, id say hatton stops castillo

MetalVomit
11-10-2006, 02:45 PM
When are Hatton and JLC fighting again?

bigbadbri
11-14-2006, 03:54 PM
Hatton to win by stoppage in the latter rounds.

MetalVomit
11-23-2006, 12:16 PM
hatton would either tko castillo or win a wide ud at 140

I disagree.

Oasis_Lad
11-23-2006, 12:18 PM
I disagree.

how do you see it going ?

MetalVomit
11-23-2006, 12:22 PM
how do you see it going ?

Depending on how much wrestling the ref allows Hatton to get away with, I think it would be fairly even through the first half of the fight, and I can see Castillo outworking Hatton through the championship rounds en route to a UD.

Oasis_Lad
11-23-2006, 12:27 PM
Depending on how much wrestling the ref allows Hatton to get away with, I think it would be fairly even through the first half of the fight, and I can see Castillo outworking Hatton through the championship rounds en route to a UD.

nobody outworks hatton especially at 140

i can see hatton hurting castillo with volumes of punches to tko him though it would most likely go the distance

MetalVomit
11-23-2006, 01:46 PM
nobody outworks hatton especially at 140

i can see hatton hurting castillo with volumes of punches to tko him though it would most likely go the distance

you mean outwrestle.

Oasis_Lad
11-23-2006, 01:53 PM
you mean outwrestle.

no i mean outwork and outland

hatton landed more punches than collazo and this was hatton who was a shadow of his former self and against a faster man in collazo and at 147

hatton at 140 is at his best weight and is faster than castillo, if hatton outlanded collazo at 147 then he will easily outland castillo at 140

also hatton will be the naturally bigger man in the fight so he has the strength
advantage which will be a big help in the clinches which are going to happen. when the worlds top two pressure fighters meet

MetalVomit
11-23-2006, 02:01 PM
no i mean outwork and outland

hatton landed more punches than collazo and this was hatton who was a shadow of his former self and against a faster man in collazo and at 147

hatton at 140 is at his best weight and is faster than castillo, if hatton outlanded collazo at 147 then he will easily outland castillo at 140

also hatton will be the naturally bigger man in the fight so he has the strength
advantage which will be a big help in the clinches which are going to happen. when the worlds top two pressure fighters meet

I thought the Collazo fight was a toss-up. Close fight.

Oasis_Lad
11-23-2006, 02:06 PM
I thought the Collazo fight was a toss-up. Close fight.

indeed it was, i had hatton winning by 2 rounds and if you take the knock down away thats only 1 round so it was a very close fight

i think if hatton had longer to prepare for the fight and get used to life at 147 though he would have done a lot better

i think he will move up to 147 again in the future maybe after the castillo fight ( if he wins ) or the cotto ( if cotto wins his matches too ) fight depending if that is at 140 or 147

if hatton beat castillo though would your opinion of him change ?

Jazzy Paul
11-23-2006, 03:00 PM
If the fight happens I'd lean towards Hatton in a brutal thriller. Late stoppage or UD.

The Surgeon
11-23-2006, 03:59 PM
I think this will be a fight of the year candidate for sure! Cant pick a winner but i see a close fight over the full distance :banana:

MetalVomit
01-08-2007, 06:55 PM
Who is this guy that Castillo is fighting on the Hatton/Urango undercard?

MetalVomit
01-28-2007, 12:05 PM
No date set yet?

adietheforestfa
01-29-2007, 06:48 PM
I'll go with Castillo, I doubt JLC would allow Hatton to illegally wrestle him around.

Who cares. Witter beats both anyway.

The Monk
02-19-2007, 08:36 PM
I see this fight was officially announced today. As much as i would like Ricky to win im worried about the he reacted to the body shots Urango hit him with, Castillo's will be much harder and i think that'l swing the fight.

Tong Po
02-20-2007, 03:21 AM
Hatton to win by TKO in the 7th or 8th.

Gio
02-20-2007, 04:37 AM
Castillo wins by 9th round Tko

fasman
02-20-2007, 05:11 AM
hatton by unanimous decision

Chris46
02-20-2007, 06:29 AM
oops i started a thread in the other room about this. HATTON FTW

The Noose
02-20-2007, 08:53 AM
I think Hatton is vunerable.

Castillo has his weaknesses also, but Hatton struggled at the end of his last fight. And never before has his stamina been in question. Thats a bad sign IMO.

That and Urango's body shots hurt Hatton. I think thats the first thing Castillo will go for.

I hope Hatton does the business, but he has to be on top top form.

me2007
02-20-2007, 10:55 AM
i dont think that this will be as closer fight as people think.

I think Castillo is tailor-made for Hatton. They have similar styles, but I would say in Hattons favour

1 - better durability
2 - younger
3 - has not had the number of physically tough fights that Castillo has had
4 - Hatton has always performed best when he can physically bully his opponent. As Castillo has moved up from FW i see hatton being able to push him back.
5 - Hatton has better body shots

Castillo is past his best in my opinion and this fight will be similar to the Tzyu fight but will end mid to late rounds with a tko in favout of Hatton.

Sttuddahboy619
02-20-2007, 11:19 AM
I have a feeling this fight is going to be draw!!!

bandeedo
02-20-2007, 01:47 PM
hatton close ud or tko in the late rounds,hatton is pure pressure and wont take a step backwards im not sure how castillo would cope with that
even at 33 which is not as old as most people feel it is for 140lb, castillo is much better fighter than hattons ever faced. hatton faced tszyu when tszyu was about to turn 37, was plagued with injuries and had fought a total of 3 rounds in the 2 and a half years leading up to the fight. aside from tszyu no one else ricky has faced even comes close to castillo. castillo on the other hand, has faced several fighters who are or were at the time on the p4p list. as far as handeling pressure i guess you missed the corrales fight. castillo at 135 was weaker because of struggles to make weight. at 140 is much harder puncher( ask chico) and has more than enough punch to crack hattons impressive chin. castillo seems to fight up or down to his opposition but when properly motivated is one of the best. i believe hatton will provide enough motivation for castillo to properly prepare. this fight will be fought on the inside because thats the only place ricky knows how to fight and on the inside castillo has been much better for a lot longer against much better opposition. unless the wars castillo has been in have taken too much out of him, i see castillo stopping ricky in 8 or 9

adietheforestfa
02-21-2007, 04:09 PM
even at 33 which is not as old as most people feel it is for 140lb, castillo is much better fighter than hattons ever faced. hatton faced tszyu when tszyu was about to turn 37, was plagued with injuries and had fought a total of 3 rounds in the 2 and a half years leading up to the fight. aside from tszyu no one else ricky has faced even comes close to castillo. castillo on the other hand, has faced several fighters who are or were at the time on the p4p list. as far as handeling pressure i guess you missed the corrales fight. castillo at 135 was weaker because of struggles to make weight. at 140 is much harder puncher( ask chico) and has more than enough punch to crack hattons impressive chin. castillo seems to fight up or down to his opposition but when properly motivated is one of the best. i believe hatton will provide enough motivation for castillo to properly prepare. this fight will be fought on the inside because thats the only place ricky knows how to fight and on the inside castillo has been much better for a lot longer against much better opposition. unless the wars castillo has been in have taken too much out of him, i see castillo stopping ricky in 8 or 9

Good Post.

I think Witter would give Hatton nightmares too