View Full Version : SeldomTap's journal and goals etc etc

seldomTap
12-07-2002, 08:47 AM
OK, today is saturday, and I should be in Melbourne, probably know celebrating with the rest of the guys I train with after the Pan pac's....however, on thursday night, my girlfriend starts saying her leg is aching...I am like, just rest it and it should be ok. She does this. We wake up friday morning and her knee has blown up to the size of one of my ass cheeks and is looking like a large melon. She is sick as a ****en dog, so we take her Dr who puts her in hospital. By this stage it is 1pm, and with a 8-9 hr drive ahead of me, I decide **** it, I wouldn't be anywhere near my best for tournament, so decide not to go. **** decision to make, but what the ****, it is one tournament, there will be others, and she was pretty sick, only came home tonight.

Anyways, my new set of goals etc for next 8 - 12 weeks...

- Get body weight to between 225 and 230. Am currently 235-238 which is ok as I carry it well...but would feel better on the mat or on the road at the slightly lower weight.

- Increase weights for 6 reps on all major exercises...can I do this and drop weight? Not sure, possibly not, but I think I have it in me to lift heavier than I do without much more effort. have been doing more of a maintenence programme for a while now (about 8 weeks) and am feeling strong al over, no niggling injuries and all is well.

- Get back into BJJ more regularly. have worked 4 out of the last 5 weeks at times which make BJJ almost impossible more than once or twice a week. Roster is now more settled, should be able to get on mat more often and will improve whoe game. Most concerned with work from stand up/clinch into takedown.

- Run 3 miles at least 3 times a week. Need to do this basically for my cardio which improves most from runnig, but also cause of rugby pre season starting soon, which is a whole other thread.

Am in gym tomorrow am...will keep you all posted

Wish me luck!

handjobs4dollars
12-07-2002, 01:42 PM
It's all about the cardio. Sorry about your girlfriend. Keep training and some day, you will get to that point.

seldomTap
12-08-2002, 02:58 AM
Went to gym this am...rode the wave of anger from not competing yesterday and lifted pretty nicely...I need a regular training partner. Can't lift the numbers I want without one and the Smith machine is ok for a change, but just not the same as a free weight bar.

DOGGx0
12-08-2002, 03:59 AM
GOOD LUCK BRO.

Sorry to hear about your lil' lady.

I would work on that cardio like g-man said. Also just roll around alot. Go look at my cardio training advice I gave Vulgar in his thread about advice on training.

-adam

handjobs4dollars
12-08-2002, 01:33 PM
maybe we should just put a big" do cardio" on the top of the training journal.

seldomTap
12-08-2002, 08:13 PM
Scary part about my cardio is that it is generally pretty good. I have always had good endurance, no matter what I do. I can generally roll for long times at a very active rate. I have always been able to run long distances pretty well, I use to swim the 1500 at school. It is probably my strong point

bob
12-08-2002, 08:44 PM
seldom you had better come to the victorian champs, but at least you had a good reason for not coming to the panpacs, i bombed ouut iin my wieght class:( i put it down mainly to nerves and inexpiieriencee but did ok in the open, winning my first fight with armbar and then lossing on points to this guy who weighed like 30 kgs more than me,

anyways ive got goals and **** too which i will talk to yoou about at training. ]

keep it real

seldomTap
12-09-2002, 06:54 PM
Did legs at the gym last night, always good to get that feeling of not being able to walk the next day after squatting...

Also did 30 minutes bag work. 10 x 3 rounds with 45 break, similar to what Bzob suggested last week as a bag routine. Felt very good after it, cardio is strong, need to start doing marathons or something

seldomTap
12-12-2002, 09:06 AM
Worked my back in the gym today, I do this by itself as it is my slowest responding muscle group and I tend to not work it hard enough when I do it with other body parts. Am doing a lot of chins right now which has helped by grip strength a lot.

Another 40 minutes of heavy bag work today, worked a few rounds of kicks and knees also.

Have been hard pressed getting to BJJ this week cause of work and all the bull**** that goes on with it. Am itching for a roll and starting to scope people out in public more than usual. Am seeing myself slipping a rear naked on the security guy at my office building, or arm barring my neighbour....I have a problem

Bzob
12-12-2002, 11:04 AM
What do you do for your weight training and how often? OI feel like i may be doing too much

seldomTap
12-12-2002, 06:25 PM
I would normally do at least 3 but no more than 4 times a week. Have just started lifting heavy again after about 8 weeks of doing a maintenence type program.

I like to train day 1 chest and biceps, day 2 Legs. Day 3 and 4 I stay out of the gym. Day 5 Back and day 6 shoulders and triceps. I do abs each day with that.

As a rule I do at least 12 sets per bodypart, but try not to do more than 15, except for legs which I hurt each time I train them.

A sample day for Chest and Biceps would go..

warm up, normally specific to what muscle group I am doing.

Flat bench 4 x 6 -10
Incline 4 x 6-10
Flyes 2 x 10 - 15
Dips (weighted) 2 x failure

Standing curls 3 x 8 -12
hammer curls 3 x 8 -12.

As I don't have a regular training partner and don't trust anyone spotting me, I only lift to about 85% of my max at best. This is still reasonably heavy and find I can do 6 reps unassisted and feel the last 2 a struggle. When I have apartner, I lift heavier and also do forced reps.

I also like to be in and out in 45 - 50 minutes. I keep rest times to a minimum

Bzob
12-13-2002, 12:30 PM
That is a good program!

I am going to be changing mine around very soon, thank you for the info

seldomTap
12-14-2002, 03:26 AM
Thanks man, it works ok for me anyways!

Let me know if you want to know more at all, too happy to help.

DOGGx0
12-15-2002, 12:17 AM
[quote:cb0b584d9d="Bzob"]That is a good program!

I am going to be changing mine around very soon, thank you for the info[/quote:cb0b584d9d]

2nd that. However what about maybe trying to use BJJ as cardio? :?
its an idea. thats what i do, if i am not running. i mean it is so much better. i don't know how your classes go, but mine contain alot of cardio. just warm ups and drill and all that ****, ya know?!

keep up the good work bro!

seldomTap
12-15-2002, 09:07 AM
Yeah, BJJ is a huge part of my cardio...only problem being that I can't always get there for classes.

Running bores me to tears, unless there is a purpose to it, swimming in a pool is pretty dull also, need the ocean to make it fun.

seldomTap
12-17-2002, 09:54 PM
Last 2 days have been pretty productive...

Gym on monday was very good, lifted stronger than have for a while, felt solid, good pump, chest responded pretty well.

Tuesday, rolled with Magic Man. About hour and a half or so, had a couple of free grapples and worked some drills. hadn't rolled in a week so was good to get back on the mats.

Weather has been about 40 degrees celsiuis here last few days (105 F) so have been drinking water like a fish. Also my car is ****ed so have been riding my bike everywhere so am getting extra cardio also

12-18-2002, 04:41 AM
you have been bike riding in this? no wonder your drinking so much water.

seldomTap
12-18-2002, 09:17 PM
Yeah, I normally drink a fair bit, but have increased in the last few days...

momita
12-18-2002, 11:01 PM
and you're girlfriends knee? I hope it is not serious? Hope shes better....

also been keeping eye on news for any stories about someone taking a security guy to the ground and rolling.... or a neighbor......... :lol:

seldomTap
12-18-2002, 11:38 PM
Yeah, her knee is still an issue, but has gone down in swelling and she needs to have an arthroscope, but should be all good...

My anger has subsided lately also!

seldomTap
12-20-2002, 01:10 AM
Another 105 degree day here!

Went to the gym in am, worked back and triceps. Am happy with how my back strength is increasing, use to be a weak point, now I focus training it after a day or two away from the gym and it gets more attention.

Swam afterward, did 10 laps (500 metres) non stop which was as hard a cardio as I have done for ages...will be back in the water for sure

seldomTap
12-22-2002, 12:25 AM
Slammed my shoulders today in the gym. Was feeling kinda sluggish so upped my poundage a bit. Was shoulder pressing 240lb for 6 reps which was an unexpected improvement.

Damn Xmas means the gym and BJJ shuts down for a couple of days...will have to beat up my cousin or something instead for some rolling

seldomTap
12-27-2002, 05:59 PM
Was in gym last night again, another solid back session.

Worked bag for a while also.

did 5 rounds x 3 mins punching

3 x 3 just kicking

3 x 3 both including knees.

Hopefully I get a chance to go to BJJ soon. Need to roll dammit, my mind is going over about a million different ideas of things that may or may not work and I want to try them out on someone who has an idea

DOGGx0
12-29-2002, 08:36 PM
i feel ya bro. glad to see that u are atleast keeping in shape and on top of things while the gyms (training gyms) are shut down for the holidays.

seldomTap
01-01-2003, 05:52 PM
january 2, first day to train for year. Will get to gym tonight, hopefully some BJJ in next few days depending on work times etc.

I need a new job with no ****en shift work. regular 9-5 could be ok for a while I think

DOGGx0
01-01-2003, 05:54 PM
thats what i got man, 9-5 :)

i am waaaay happy that i get to train again tomarrow. woo hoo.

seldomTap
01-03-2003, 08:17 PM
Have been lifting the last couple of nights. CHest on thursday night, back and triceps last night.

Best thing though has been the cardio I have also been doing.

25 minutes a time on X country skiing machine with my heart rate at about 85% of my max (175 BPM) followded by 5 hard 3 minute rounds on the heavy bag, kicking and punching.

Am feeling ok for this time of year, when normally I feel like a bloated pig! Damn Xmas and Turkey

wondermut
01-03-2003, 10:16 PM
keep it up!

seldomTap
01-05-2003, 08:19 PM
Get back on the mat tonight...felt like it would never happen again!

have been lifting a lot of late and doing a fair bit of cardio also so am in pretty decent shape...mat rust may be a factor, but **** it, I just wanna roll again

seldomTap
01-13-2003, 05:13 PM
Over the last week, in between work, I have lifted 4 times, last night felt very strong.

Have lifted my cardio a lot, have been in the pool doing laps twice, but have also been using some cardio machines and doing a lot of rounds on the bag also.

Have hit the mat twice which has been great to do. The only drawback with living here is that there is one BJJ school in my town. I am moving soon so will be further away, therefore may not be able to roll as often as I want...this sucks ass, but I guess I have made my bed and now I have to lie in it so to speak. I will always train regardless, even if I start teaching some people just so I have someone to roll with.

Also Rugby pre season starts this thursday...

LukeDothSucketh
01-13-2003, 06:49 PM
Seldom = mack pimp daddy of Australia.

seldomTap
01-16-2003, 09:04 PM
Luke, believe me, I aint so good...

Rugby pre season started last night...have had a couple of years away from the game, but want to get in a couple of good seasons before I hit old age (over 30!)...

I quickly came to the realisation that lifting a ****load of weight and doing lots of BJJ for 2 years, hasn't really helped my running very much, in fact, I am now officially in the slow to sluggish category!

We did a ****load of drills and what not, my legs are a bit sore today, but have been worse after a heavy squat day.

In a few weeks this will be a distant memory, but right now, am just stoked to be back in a club...I miss the whole team game idea, which you don't get so much in BJJ it would seem.

I wasn't the worst one there, not by a long shot, but I have always set high standards for myself, and know I have a lot of work to do

handjobs4dollars
01-16-2003, 10:30 PM
Have fun with rugby. Get drunk and sing some songs for me. I don't get any playing in till spring.

seldomTap
01-16-2003, 11:07 PM
Hahaha...half the fun is hanging around with the rest fo the guys talking ****, singing dumbass songs and running amok...but **** I need to do some serious work before I get into that side of it!

bob
01-18-2003, 11:28 PM
so we aint a team huh seldom?....you cut me deep just now...you cut me deep

seldomTap
01-19-2003, 08:32 PM
Bob, you emotional little man! The BJJ crowd is a team in another sense...BJJ is such an individual thing, your trainers and the guys you train with are like a team, but when it comes down to comp time, you are the only one doing it.

Team sports where there is a ball or a common goal (ie scoring, winning) have always been my thing. There is probably a reason for this psychologically, perhaps being an only child makes me want to make up for it in team sports or something.

handjobs4dollars
01-19-2003, 08:52 PM
Team sports are way different. You feed off each other they play better you play better.

Kempo Chris
01-20-2003, 12:15 AM
team sports sux

seldomTap
01-20-2003, 01:16 AM
No Chris...you suck!

But seriously, it isn't for everyone. I have just always liked the team thing like that. Also I am too competetive to only have two possible BJJ comps a year, I need more constant competition. I will still do BJJ when possible, which hasn't been as often as I would like lately anyway.

Kempo Chris
01-20-2003, 01:42 AM
i feel ya

Kempo Chris
01-20-2003, 01:44 AM
I played team sports all through my childhood, it aint for me
personally i love doing things on my own
It makes me feel like i have really achieved something

bob
01-24-2003, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by seldomTap
Bob, you emotional little man! The BJJ crowd is a team in another sense...BJJ is such an individual thing, your trainers and the guys you train with are like a team, but when it comes down to comp time, you are the only one doing it.

Team sports where there is a ball or a common goal (ie scoring, winning) have always been my thing. There is probably a reason for this psychologically, perhaps being an only child makes me want to make up for it in team sports or something.

good point man i guess you got the best of both worlds,

btw pm me when u r training next ..ive got a few sweeps that ive been working on :)

JasonLeonardOBE
01-25-2003, 08:47 PM

I wasn't the worst one there, not by a long shot, but I have always set high standards for myself, and know I have a lot of work to do

Knave!

If you really did set any standards for yourself you would be striving to make it into the ranks of the manly front row brotherhood of props and hookers.:devil

So these are your new digs Self Toucher? You never said goodbye when you left.

I'm hurt.

seldomTap
01-26-2003, 02:09 AM
Ahahaha! Hound, I have been around Sherdog a bit and haven't seen you there a great deal either...except for your posts bagging Australia (ie girl national anthem)

If I wanted to playin the front row, believe me, I would not be doing any running, instead, I would be doing a lot of sitting, interspersed with periods of eating and drinking lots!

Nice user name!!

JasonLeonardOBE
01-26-2003, 08:42 AM

If I wanted to playin the front row, believe me, I would not be doing any running, instead, I would be doing a lot of sitting, interspersed with periods of eating and drinking lots!

Nice user name!!

Bull****.

You're soft and you know it. Peddle your excuses somewhere else!

The real reason you don't wanna play there is that they won't let you grow some dreadlocks and let you cultivate the surferboy SH rugby look.

I can see right through you.

The Golden Bear
01-26-2003, 03:50 PM
who the hell is this guy?!

seldomTap
01-27-2003, 08:05 PM
It's cool Blake, he is another confused Canadian who has made it his life work to annoy me at every board I go to!

He is cool though

JasonLeonardOBE
01-27-2003, 10:36 PM
It's cool Blake, he is another confused Canadian who has made it his life work to annoy me at every board I go to!

He is cool though

Couldn't have put it better myself.

GOD DAM! Seldom you shoulder press 240lbs!?! We talking military press or seated?

How much you dumbell row?

That`s pretty good for someone who also has to spend energy on cardio and ball prancing practices.

seldomTap
01-27-2003, 11:00 PM
That is seated...

Dumbell rows, I use the heaviest dumbells we have at my gym, which is 60kgs (about 140 lbs I think) for about 8 reps. I have pretty good upper body strength now after near on killing myself for a few years trying to get it.

My ball prancing is also on the improve, I can throw it up, clap twice and catch it behind my back now as well!

JasonLeonardOBE
01-27-2003, 11:40 PM
That is seated...

My ball prancing is also on the improve, I can throw it up, clap twice and catch it behind my back now as well!

You should go out on the road and make some money showcasing your skills.

You hear about France sweeping all of the IRB awards this year? Woodward is pissed.
:lol2:

140lbs db row is pretty good. You gonna be able to maintain your training during your season?

seldomTap
01-28-2003, 12:00 AM
Damn the French...we will see who is laughing after November this year...

I have a plan to be able to get in the gym 3 times a week, may have to generalise a bit more, as we have club training twice a week. I will try to do BJJ on days off of work etc, have to find a regular training partner, or I could try and teach some to a few friends.

I will probably have to make a new split though for the gym, possibly a monday, wednesday, friday idea, with basically all major compound movements. Could be interesting, depends how I pull up after games though to

seldomTap
02-23-2003, 02:16 AM
****...I haven't posted in this for a while..

Since the last entry, I have been lifting 3 times a week along with rugby 3 times a week. I am feeling pretty good, although I know I am lifting nowhere near my max now, but I am running pretty well and my cardio has improved a lot.

As of this week, I am going to be in the gym only twice a week, doing a programme of bench, squat/leg press, deadlifts, mil press, bent over rows and chins. 5 sets of each, 6-8 reps per set.

Am going to do this for the whole season (best part of 8 months) before I reassess for next Australian summer. Am hoping to maintain my bodyweight of about 107 kg, will probably lean out a bit as well due to running a lot (this has already started).

BJJ has taken a bit of a back seat of late due to work roster and time constraints. I am not worried about this, if I can roll every now and then till summer, it will be enough. I have kinda priortised with Rugby a bit for now. In my eyes I have perhaps 2 or 3 seasons to play till I am too old. I can do BJJ forever and I already have a good grounding in it (2 years).

JasonLeonardOBE
02-23-2003, 10:16 AM
You are soft.

You guys do 2 practises and a game or 3 practises and a game?

My cousin's team do 2 p. and 1 game a week and he does no lifting and he still *****es. I think he does some racketball also.:blow:

seldomTap
02-23-2003, 07:14 PM
During the season we do 2...but at moment we are doing 3. Trial games are starting in 2 weeks...7s tournament this weekend which I am unsure if I am playing in yet

seldomTap
02-24-2003, 10:54 PM
Was in gym last night...am appreciably sore for the first time in a long time after lifting...I am keen again which is good.

submission_guy
02-26-2003, 12:25 AM
sorry if you have answered this before but what is your max squat/bench/deadlift?

Magic Man
02-26-2003, 01:19 AM
sub guy! go back to whyalla! :mad:

seldom doesn't do squats or deadlifts...cause his back is ****ed.

submission_guy
02-26-2003, 01:40 AM
MM, is there anywhere you dont post?

seldomTap
02-26-2003, 02:22 AM
Hey sub_guy...I ahve benched 435 for 3 reps before, but right now would be happy with about 320 for a handful.

I have just started dead lifting again this week, and repped with 320. I haven't been able to squat properly for years cause I am missing 2 discs in my back, but can leg press over 850 lbs for what that is worth

submission_guy
02-26-2003, 05:54 AM
cool, i once benched 100 lbs...

Magic Man
02-27-2003, 06:30 AM
bull**** you liar...you added an extra ZERO!

The Jake
03-08-2003, 11:00 PM
Mate, whats happening? You're journal is not being updated but you're posting on the glories of Magic Mountain -- aren't you training?? If you are KEEP POSTING.

- The Jake

seldomTap
03-09-2003, 06:26 PM
Sorry Jake, I will try better!

Am in the process of changing gyms. Membership has run out at usual gym, which I have been at for 3 years and know the owners pretty well. However, I am moving house soon so am going to change gyms to the same one that Magic man trains at. Is more convenient to get to and has all I will need.
Am still training only twice a week at moment, trying not to lose any strength while running a lot with Rugby etc. Had a trial game on saturday, tackled all day and not a lot else, we didn't have much ball.

Am feeling good of late, will wait and see how this season ends up before getting too excited

The Jake
03-09-2003, 07:10 PM
Post yer workout dude.

- The Jake

LukeDothSucketh
03-09-2003, 07:16 PM
Seldom, I know you must have explained this before but how the **** did you lose two discs in your back?? BTW, YOU ARE A TANK.

seldomTap
03-09-2003, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by LukeDothSucketh
Seldom, I know you must have explained this before but how the **** did you lose two discs in your back?? BTW, YOU ARE A TANK.

I was doing a run with 40kg of gear on (this in Army days, so picture me, in Army stuff) at about 4.30 in the morning. fell down a hole in road that I didn't see, would have been about 4and a half feet deep. Got out, finished run, woke up next day, couldn't get out of bed...started to be concerned, had an MRI and CTscan, showed two discs completely burst and one either side of them had some extra damage also.

All is cool now, my back is stronger than before injury IMO

seldomTap
03-09-2003, 10:56 PM
All I am doing in the gym right now is...

Bench 5 sets of 6-10
Deads 5 of 6-10
Squats 5 of 10 -15
Bent over rows 5 of 6-10
Mil Press 5 of 6-10
Upright row 5 of 6-10

Every second day, I swap flat bench with incline and if pressed for time, will leg press instead of squat.

Am lifting reasonably heavy, without trying for any PB's right now.

submission_guy
03-10-2003, 07:21 AM
Sorry Jake, I will try better!

Am in, I am moving house soon so am going to change gyms to the same one that Magic man trains at. Is more convenient to get to and has all I will need.

uni gyms are damn cheap from what i've been told.

Magic Man
03-10-2003, 07:29 AM
Once Seldom comes to my gym...I will dish out some PWNAG3!

Magic Man
03-10-2003, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by submission_guy
uni gyms are damn cheap from what i've been told.

one reason he's changing

JasonLeonardOBE
03-10-2003, 08:07 AM
**** Seldom now I know why you don't wanna be a manly front rower with a back history like yours...

And yeah Uni gyms are cheaper. I trained 4 years in one when I was studying in Quebec City and it cost me 20$ a semester for full membership back then. Can't beat that in commercial places.

And Magic try not to go too hard on Seldom and let him keep some self esteem and respect. No need for pwnage.

seldomTap
03-10-2003, 05:50 PM
I will be sure to go seperate times to Magic...my ego couldn't handle it

Magic Man
03-10-2003, 08:48 PM
MWAAAA HAR HAR HAR!

submission_guy
03-11-2003, 05:52 AM
what are you guys paying for your gym, costs me $40 monthly.

Magic Man
03-11-2003, 07:46 AM
cost me $99 for a year. Uni gym = sweet.

Only bad thing is ever year from feb-march, new years resolution wankers come in and occupy everything. The secret is to have a towel...and reserve all your equipment with said towel.

JasonLeonardOBE
03-11-2003, 09:34 PM
I went to buy wrist wraps and lifting straps last week at the "pro shop"(whatever it's called) in the local World Gym. Just as I was gonna open the door this guy comes out wearing those ****ing *** ass baggy pants that I thought "used" to be popular in commercial gyms.

I am so glad I don't have to frequent these ****ing fruits anymore, especially those that wear the complementary pink spandex tank tops with their parachute pants.:devil

submission_guy
03-12-2003, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by Magic Man
cost me $99 for a year. Uni gym = sweet.

Only bad thing is ever year from feb-march, new years resolution wankers come in and occupy everything. The secret is to have a towel...and reserve all your equipment with said towel.

i like to have at least 4 or 5 towels, means you never have to wait for equipemnt.

seldomTap
03-13-2003, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by JasonLeonardOBE
I went to buy wrist wraps and lifting straps last week at the "pro shop"(whatever it's called) in the local World Gym. Just as I was gonna open the door this guy comes out wearing those ****ing *** ass baggy pants that I thought "used" to be popular in commercial gyms.

I am so glad I don't have to frequent these ****ing fruits anymore, especially those that wear the complementary pink spandex tank tops with their parachute pants.:devil

real men wear pink spandex

JasonLeonardOBE
03-13-2003, 08:48 PM
real men wear pink spandex

**** off.

seldomTap
03-18-2003, 06:54 PM
Haven't lifted much in last week or so...have been doing a lot of running/rugby related work. haven't lost much in the way of strength though and am about the same weight.

Trained some of the younger guys at the club last night in the weight room...they will get the idea and are keen to improve a lot. I benched 145 kgs for 4 reps pretty nicely and was doing 130 for reps...the guys think I am a freak...I do not agree. Freaks don't have pain everywhere after games

The Jake
03-19-2003, 05:01 AM
Those little whimps don't have the battle scars mate. Seasoned warriors do :D

Keep sticking to the weights routine. 2 days/week of full body workouts will work. You're working early shifts atm and we've discussed this in person that we both know the best time to train is in the afternoons.

The second you clock off, you should be driving to the gym.

We're talking twice a week man, don't let me down.

- The Jake

bob
03-22-2003, 07:45 AM
i am disapointed seldom, you havent shown up for a roll in ****en months man, i thought we waz bruz.

The Jake
03-22-2003, 10:58 AM
He's too busy playing with other boys to be kicking ass.
Unless you're willing to wear small tight shorts and chase other guys around as well...

- The Jake

seldomTap
03-24-2003, 05:44 AM
You guys blow...seriously, you do.

bob
03-24-2003, 08:09 PM
lol @ jake

:(@ seldom

JasonLeonardOBE
03-24-2003, 10:57 PM
Seldom has been quite busy lately and has not had time to hit the weights.

I have been working out for him and donating him some of Chi so that he can keep his strength up.

Lay off the poor guy.

bob
03-27-2003, 12:17 AM
dont stick up for him, hes a slacker and a trouble maker

submission_guy
03-27-2003, 06:15 AM
at least you guys have somewhere to roll, the nearest to me is 4 hours :(

LukeDothSucketh
03-27-2003, 07:47 PM
I eat Seldom's body weight for lunch then ask for seconds. I pwn him.

seldomTap
03-28-2003, 01:32 AM
Hahahahaha...Luke pwns all

bob
03-28-2003, 06:45 AM
i pwn all muther f'er

seldomTap
05-05-2004, 12:10 AM
I use to train

Shaolin Bushido
11-23-2004, 10:16 AM
Damn, this is kinda depressing when you see all the training he did and how excited he was and then read his last post, "I used to train."

Damn.

Big Daddy
05-27-2005, 02:37 AM
What Happened???

kaps
05-30-2005, 06:06 PM
The Jake was a ***....

Shaolin Bushido
05-30-2005, 06:38 PM
The Jake was a ***....

Why you say that?

kaps
05-30-2005, 08:31 PM
Because, he was a ***, I ****in hated that dude.....

seldomTap
06-11-2005, 04:30 PM
I still train, just haven't done any formal BJJ in ages, only made my friends roll with me, till they stopped coming around cause they weren't comfortable with my grappling attire...I tried to explain the ancient Greeks did it naked in oil, and so shall I, but it didn't fly.

Am still in the gym around 4 times a week, am weighing around 230ish, feeling strong. Am at uni now and work part time, which generally means weekends, would be perfect to get back into BJJ full on, however the school I went to closed as the instructor went back to speed freak ways and some of the guys reopened it, but about an hours drive from my house, which isn't really feasible for me anymore due to smaller income. Sadly, no other BJJ school in my town, apart from one place that promotes itself as a MMA school, but I went and met the guy that runs the place and something didn't sit right with me...can't explain it, he just didn't seem on the level to me...I hope he is for the other trainers, but he seemed kind of dodgy to me.
I considered opening up SeldomTaps Shoot academy and becoming a great martial arts self promoter in the great tradition of mcDojo's everywhere, but something held me back...thats right, my sense of decency.
I did play rugby again for the last two years, however due to working weekends, have retired again, which my knees are thanking me for.

Current stats.
weight : around 106 - 108 kg depending on whether have shat or not.
height ; 6'1"

seldomTap
06-11-2005, 04:31 PM
The Jake gets a bad rap in here to...he is cool in my book. The internet is too open to variations of interpretation, seriously, good guy