View Full Version : Frank responds to Baroni's recent comments

mmafanman
12-06-2002, 08:38 PM
Pulled from Sherdog.com:

"Phil Baloni? How did he get on this list? Thatís right, I did an interview for shownopity.com. When I give interviews, I speak the truth about what I believe in and I was asked about Baloni. I spoke the truth and now Baloni has sounded off and called me out. How exciting! It appears that he is one of tougher Ďinternet fightersí in our sport.
"Here are some more truths for Phil: You seemed like a nice guy when you were hanging around the shows asking me about training advice like a puppy dog.
"When I was doing media research, I saw your spread in the gay magazine Flaunt and I thought you looked real tough and sexy. Other than that I donít know you and neither does any one else in the real world. You are on this list by accident because you got butt hurt and made an ass of yourself. The truth is that we all know why you said all that; you would love to build a career from a fight with me.
"More truth: I never even liked you and now I donít care at all. I think you are a total idiot with some genetic blessings. You think that you are someone in this world. Funny I have never heard your name at my meetings with Direct TV, In Demand, MTV, Showtime and the like. Maybe they didnít get your internet post.
"Phil I have some advice for you: Quit playing tough on the internet and go become a real champion and then you can play with the big boys. Once you have achieved that, then call my office and weíll talk about giving you a shot."

The Ronin
12-06-2002, 09:33 PM
Frank would so school Baroni it wouldn't be funny.

HockeyFighter
12-06-2002, 09:35 PM
Ownage on the grandest of all scales.

DOGGx0
12-07-2002, 12:39 AM
OWNED

Zen
12-07-2002, 12:53 AM
How ****ing owned did Baroni just get?
"When I was doing media research, I saw your spread in the gay magazine Flaunt and I thought you looked real tough and sexy."

bwahhahahahahahwahbahwww

I think Baroni is a good up and coming fighter but his mouth is too much, he's looked @ like a Dennis Rodman type character, that may be good in the short term but I don't think it's a good career move in the long run.

warsmer
12-07-2002, 01:49 AM
F. Shamrock is my favorite fighter of all time!! However, with this said: I think Baroni would give him a good fight.. Everyone has to remember that this is a DIFFERENT era and things have changed since Frank retired 4 years ago.............

DOGGx0
12-07-2002, 03:08 AM
just because he knocked up mene's head like teather ball, does'nt mean he would give lil shamrock a run for his money. i think frank would tear him up quick, if he did'nt then i think baroni would go the distance. but personally i don't see baroni taking frank IMO.

HockeyFighter
12-07-2002, 03:55 AM
Baroni has about as good of a chance of beating Frank as Adam does beating Hojak.

Scarface
12-07-2002, 06:17 AM
Baroni is very talented, BUT I think his ****y attitude would be quickly destroyed by Frank.

rtbrouwer
12-07-2002, 06:28 AM
verbal KO for shammie

Method Man
12-07-2002, 06:49 AM
What goes around comes around and Baroni got it.

They should settle it in the Octogon. All this flaming ain't good for the sport.

seldomTap
12-07-2002, 09:01 AM
I agree wiht Method man to an extent...but some gamesamnship can be a thing of beauty...and that my friends was beautiful to read!

no_gi
12-07-2002, 05:03 PM
Sorry, but these guys actually fight. They don't "OWN" each
other with text. Let's get real.

child supreme
12-07-2002, 08:35 PM
i wouldn't say owned...okay yaeh baloni got owned

ParazIT
12-08-2002, 12:03 AM
Frank won this round...

KimuraMan
12-08-2002, 12:49 AM
Frank was more then correct. Baroni wants to make a name for himself by having a win over Frank Shamrock, I cant see it happening. Frank was and probably still is one of the top 5 fighters of all time, It would probably be a entertaining fight with Frank dominating the entire match up.

Jay Pan ROKK
12-08-2002, 10:03 AM
The real fighters should stop these kind of **** talking, and some people say that UFC is for real ... yeah, real selling tickets, mostly with trash brawl.

The fight is won at the ring/cage never at interviews ...