View Full Version : how polite are you willing to be?

* FeistyWench *
09-18-2006, 07:57 PM
i know this is my second food thread, but at the moment that is all i can think of (food). :o

if you're eating over someone else's house. let's say it's a friend's wife or mother (who you do not know very well) that is cooking you dinner and it just so happens that you Hate what she has choosen to cook. the only thing that you usually eat that she made is rolls or something. and it is too late to act sick because you did not know what she had made until it was put on the table. she knew you were hungry and now she is eyeing you like a hawk, wanting you to enjoy what she has made for you. what do you do?

jason100x
09-18-2006, 08:31 PM
I'm lucky in the sense that I can eat pretty much anything (unless it is staring at me or it bleeds if I stick a knife in it). That said, if I am over their house and they were serving me something I didn't like I think I would put a big smile on my face so as to disguise my disgust for the food as long as they were watching me and dig in, slowing down as the meal went on, drinking a lot of liquid so as to wash it down and then finally if the meal was big enough, I would finally start to pretend I was full if I really didn't want to finish. Of course I would complement the meal out of courtesy.

Piggu
09-18-2006, 08:54 PM
I think I would try to eat it to avoid being rude. But if I couldn't stand it then I might say I was allergic to one of the things in it so I could skip out.

Come to think of it my answer doesn't realy help anything. The person would still feel bad about it.

I don't know what I would do.

Hard Boiled HK
09-19-2006, 01:44 AM
I would just eat it. I mean, how bad can it possibly be?

manasah mauler
09-19-2006, 09:46 AM
what I did was, I took a bit of each serving...joined in whatever conversation was going on, in the hopes that no one notices how little I ate and yup, took lots of liquid.

the next time I was invited to stay for dinner at the same house, I just politely stated that I had a previous engagement and got off the hook.

The Raging Bull
09-19-2006, 12:02 PM
I would just eat a bit, then say I was full all of a sudden :D

K-DOGG
09-19-2006, 12:06 PM
i know this is my second food thread, but at the moment that is all i can think of (food). :o

if you're eating over someone else's house. let's say it's a friend's wife or mother (who you do not know very well) that is cooking you dinner and it just so happens that you Hate what she has choosen to cook. the only thing that you usually eat that she made is rolls or something. and it is too late to act sick because you did not know what she had made until it was put on the table. she knew you were hungry and now she is eyeing you like a hawk, wanting you to enjoy what she has made for you. what do you do?

Eat it and complement her on her cooking....grin and bare it.

I did that once; actually ate boiled green beans, which is the dish I loathe the most. :mad:

RAESAAD
09-19-2006, 12:09 PM
I would just eat it. I mean, how bad can it possibly be?
I agree......I am sure I have eaten worse than a home cooked meal that I don't particularly like......try eating Jail food for a while and you will be very happy to eat real food you don't enjoy just because it is real.

platinummatt!
09-19-2006, 12:11 PM
Isnt jail food ment to be nutritious

* FeistyWench *
09-19-2006, 04:17 PM
I agree......I am sure I have eaten worse than a home cooked meal that I don't particularly like......try eating Jail food for a while and you will be very happy to eat real food you don't enjoy just because it is real.
damn! lol! you sound like my father-in-law only he refers to the food they served in the army duing vietnam. lol!
"you were lucky to even get food. you ate what you were given or starved. you don;t know how lucky you are. you people are soft!" blah blah blah. lol!

there are are few foods that instantly make me gag and want to vomit. i have been in situationsin which this is what the person made. i always ate it but took small bites and quickly choked it down with my drink.

SonnyG8R
09-21-2006, 06:58 PM
I would definitely eat whatever was served. However, I think it is rude to have my plate prepared in advance. If my plate was empty, I would take smaller portions of the things I did not like and larger portions of the foods i did like. I don't think there is anything rude about that. i would smile and give pleaseant conversation and compliment the meal afterwards and even help clear the table.

If my plate was already filled with a little of everything I would try it all and pretend to like it all but no promises on clearling my plate. Funny, my brother and his wife are vegitarians. I bet that comes in handy as an excuse to get out of all sorts of crappy meals. :p

platinummatt!
09-21-2006, 07:22 PM
like tofu... oh wait

platinummatt!
09-21-2006, 07:28 PM
Ive never tried tofu, lol.

Usually I think here anyway people like make one thing dont they? Although there are times where they set the table out with different things.

platinummatt!
09-21-2006, 07:32 PM
she knew you were hungry and now she is eyeing you like a hawk, wanting you to enjoy what she has made for you. what do you do?

****ing hell nightmare lol, creepy too. Eyeing you waiting for you to enjoy what she has made...

Piggu
09-21-2006, 07:50 PM
LOL, obviously you didn't_nead my< ost. lr /> How much would he have received for Calzaghe? lr /> He received something in the range of 12-15 million for Oscar...can't_nemember the end amount since part of it was PPV profits. He did well with the Taylor fights too.
lr /> juyjuyslitllend this arguing. he knows the stuff about hopkins ducking calzaghe Today 03:32 PM Abe Attelln/td> lr /> How much would he have received for Calzaghe? lr /> He received something in the range of 12-15 million for Oscar...can't_nemember the end amount since part of it was PPV profits. He did well with the Taylor fights too. Today 03:28 PM !! A - FORCE !! Qote.:/div>
lt2" vtyle="border-1px" nser"> < <
Originally Posted ib bsrizpacn/ttrong>
<
Wrong. Hopkins did not duck Calzaghe. Get a clue. lr /> And nothing litllever shut up 2tough's mouth so don't_bother,leven if a fighter loses he'll still go on about it. Mmoe on, the rest of us have.
lr /> HOPKINS ducked calzaghe eo Tight:3 bums for less money. Today 03:16 PM Abe Attelln/td> Qote.:/div>
lt2" vtyle="border-1px" nser"> < <
Originally Posted ib adamk1304n/ttrong>
<

Dr.Depravity
09-21-2006, 10:57 PM
I would eat whatever was served. But, like Sonny would take smaller portions and say I was full when the plate was empty.

MANGLER
01-04-2010, 03:38 AM

I bite the bullet and eat up. Clean my plate, and be sure to say thank you. I been in that situation a lot, and it sucks. But gotta be nice to somebody who takes their time to feed you a meal in their home.