View Full Version : Another Howard Eastman Comeback

rooq
09-18-2006, 04:50 PM
Eastman is fighting in November for the British middleweight title having lost his last three fights...although the three fights were all against top class opposition (hopkins, abraham and miranda).

if he wins this fight, do you think theres any chance of him getting another shot at, and winning, a world title?

FeelTheA-Force
09-18-2006, 06:26 PM
Eastman is fighting in November for the British middleweight title having lost his last three fights...although the three fights were all against top class opposition (hopkins, abraham and miranda).

if he wins this fight, do you think theres any chance of him getting another shot at, and winning, a world title?

he's always been so close.

just maybe this time.. if not, no shame to retire :cool:

Undefeated
09-19-2006, 12:09 AM
Yea man.. Eastman can win.. That stoppage was premature when he fought Miranda.. He had him. Untill the ref stepped in.. Most the shots did not land when Miranda was throwing...

Pantera2000
09-19-2006, 06:50 AM
Yea man.. Eastman can win.. That stoppage was premature when he fought Miranda.. He had him. Untill the ref stepped in.. Most the shots did not land when Miranda was throwing...

Premature stoppage? hmmmmmm. Did you watch the same fight I did?
I wouldn't want you to be my ref if I looked like this:

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n170/panterico/miranda_action.jpg

FeelTheA-Force
09-19-2006, 07:25 AM
Premature stoppage? hmmmmmm. Did you watch the same fight I did?

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n170/panterico/miranda_action.jpg

eastman should fight gary locket. and get revenge over his brother

Mattyp151
09-19-2006, 03:31 PM
Eastman could get a title shot, but winning is a different story. He got taken to task by Hopkins and Abraham, and got sent home early by Miranda, and there's no way he's beating Taylor.

Undefeated
09-19-2006, 05:01 PM
[QUOTE=Pantera2000]Premature stoppage? hmmmmmm. Did you watch the same fight I did?

Look at that stoppage again.. Not by pics.. You will see that Miranda landed 3 out of 9 punches.. The 1st one being the most damaging one.. But Eastman took it good. Eastman got a good chin.. And you know if that fight was to continue that Eastman could have had Miranda.. Miranda did a lil Harlem shake when going back to his corner.. I forgot what round it was.. But Eastman is known for a good chin.. And the ref should have gave him a lil more time to recover.. But i can't blame anyone... Eastman should have took a knee. But didn't.. He is a good fighter. He will get aa shot again.. Just watch and see!

jason100x
09-24-2006, 03:00 AM
Eastman could get a title shot, but winning is a different story. He got taken to task by Hopkins and Abraham, and got sent home early by Miranda, and there's no way he's beating Taylor.
I guess now he's really a gatekeeper of the division.

Undefeated
09-24-2006, 03:29 AM
Eastman will get his chance again. And i hope he accually wins!

rooq
12-15-2006, 09:32 AM
tonights the night...maybe a convincing ko win will get the battersea bomber another title shot or an eliminator.

FeelTheA-Force
12-15-2006, 07:09 PM
what a **** fight... then he ko's williams in the 12th..

taylor will take eastman to school. or eastman will get DQ'd bcoz he wont get away with rough house tactics in the USA

rooq
12-15-2006, 08:02 PM
what a **** fight... then he ko's williams in the 12th..

taylor will take eastman to school. or eastman will get DQ'd bcoz he wont get away with rough house tactics in the USA

i wouldn't say it was ****. it was interesting but not that great to watch.

he's too experienced to get himself DQ'd. if he came up against taylor he would probably use spoiling tactics to stop taylor hitting him cleanly, but i don't think it would be enough.

anyway, he won't fight taylor. he's not in the top ten of any organisation right now so unless like he was saying hennessey can pull something out of the hat, he won't be fighting for a title next year.

Liaison
12-15-2006, 08:32 PM
Id love to see this guy win a world title, hes was quality a guy when I met him years ago