View Full Version : Carlos Ortiz vs Flash Elorde (Video)

xcaret
09-14-2006, 12:01 AM
Carlos Ortiz knocks the **** out Phillipino Flash Elorde, after this fight, that bum was never the same! :eek:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HLEfcldAI0U"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HLEfcldAI0U" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

psychopath
09-14-2006, 12:09 AM
Carlos Ortiz knocks the **** out Phillipino Flash Elorde, after this fight, that bum was never the same! :eek:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HLEfcldAI0U"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HLEfcldAI0U" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

There you go with your idiotic hating again xcarriot the idiot. :D

Any fighter who's not a Mexican is a BUM to your loser ass. The fact of the matter is that there's no shame in Elorde being beaten by the bigger Ortiz.

Now shut the **** up. Nice try but try again. :p

IwatchBoxing
09-14-2006, 12:11 AM
Seen that, he did the Ali stance over him :D

phallus
09-14-2006, 12:15 AM

now that's a KTFO

xcaret
09-14-2006, 12:19 AM
There you go with your idiotic hating again xcarriot the idiot. :D

Any fighter who's not a Mexican is a BUM to your loser ass. The fact of the matter is that there's no shame in Elorde being beaten by the bigger Ortiz.

Now shut the **** up. Nice try but try again. :p

LOL... he fought and beat opponents in 135 way before he faced Ortiz... so since he got his ass KTFO he was smaller then Ortiz? LOL...

You phillipinos are full of excuses LMFAO... dont tell me he got KTFO cause of the SOCKS :D

Chups
09-14-2006, 12:22 AM
Coz Carlos Ortiz is Puerto Rican...... ;) Ricans does that to Mexicans too. ;)

Mishra100
09-14-2006, 12:22 AM
If he honestly was never the same then you are ****ing terrible to flaunting it... That is horrible and you deserve the worst. Its like laughing at Benn vs McCellean

Chups
09-14-2006, 12:24 AM
Why don't you show us a Mexican KOing a Pinoy instead of relying with the Puerto Rican fighters. Give me 1 Mexican Knocking out a Pinoy and I'll give you 5 Pacquiao KOing a Mexican....LOL.

psychopath
09-14-2006, 12:24 AM
LOL... he fought and beat opponents in 135 way before he faced Ortiz... so since he got his ass KTFO he was smaller then Ortiz? LOL...

You phillipinos are full of excuses LMFAO... dont tell me he got KTFO cause of the SOCKS :D

Well you can't change history dumb****. It say's ortiz is bigger so what can you do xcarriot?

And correction, I'm not a Filipino. Try to learn the right spelling of the word because it's making you look too dumb. :)

IwatchBoxing
09-14-2006, 12:25 AM
Coz Carlos Ortiz is Puerto Rican...... ;) Ricans does that to Mexicans too. ;)
Yeah, I won't name him, but he'll lay out xcaret's hero too :D

xcaret
09-14-2006, 12:25 AM
Why don't you show us a Mexican KOing a Pinoy instead of relying with the Puerto Rican fighters. Give me 1 Mexican Knocking out a Pinoy and I'll give you 5 Pacquiao KOing a Mexican....LOL.

LOL... I cant find one bro, there isnt even any phillipino fighter out there to compete with besides pacquiao... :D

flipside
09-14-2006, 12:26 AM
if being a champion for 7 years is being a bum then what's not? getting a draw against pac?:D

Chups
09-14-2006, 12:28 AM
LOL... I cant find one bro, there isnt even any phillipino fighter out there to compete with besides pacquiao... :D

Not even a Pinoy bum?? You lazy bum..... :D

xcaret
09-14-2006, 12:30 AM
if being a champion for 7 years is being a bum then what's not? getting a draw against pac?:D

This aint Pac, its flash Elorde, since you know about boxing, why dont you talk about Elorde.. one of your "hero" who was a piece of **** anyway.

flipside
09-14-2006, 12:35 AM
This aint Pac, its flash Elorde, since you know about boxing, why dont you talk about Elorde.. one of your "hero" who was a piece of **** anyway.
i know who it is. do you understand english? ese :D

psychopath
09-14-2006, 12:35 AM

Calling a guy "a piece of ****" coming from "a piece of twat" like you xcarriot is a compliment. :D

Thanks

Mr. Ryan
09-14-2006, 12:48 AM
Yo, I like your sig. Kid Chocolate Peter Quillin is good. Yo, that time you thought you were talking to Gato Figueroa, that was him.

IwatchBoxing
09-14-2006, 01:00 AM
Yo, I like your sig. Kid Chocolate Peter Quillin is good. Yo, that time you thought you were talking to Gato Figueroa, that was him.
for real, I dont know, at that time I was talking a lot of **** (still do), so I taught he was an alternative account or something trying to screw with me, I asked which trunks he wore (Puerto Rican flag trunks), and he never replied :D did he tell you it was him? Quillin is gonna be the next great Cuban boxer, first time I seen how accurate he was, I said he looked like star...

grayfist
09-14-2006, 01:02 AM
Both Ortiz and Elorde are in the Hall of Fame; bums don't get there. If one claims they do, then, one should be ready to get an earful from the people who vote enshrinees into the Hall.

The clip features the second Ortiz-Elorde encounter at the MSG (the first was in Manila where Elorde also lost-TKO14). Ortiz went up the ring in NY only about a year older with 54 fights behind him; Elorde has had 101.

Before winning the World Lightweight crown, Ortiz won the vacant World Jr. Welterweight diadem as he stopped Kenny Lane in the 2nd (Lane was dropped but the fight was stopped on cuts) but lost it in his first title defense against Duilio Loi by MD. Loi and Ortiz met again to settle the controversy. Loi knocked Ortiz down in the 6th before going on to settle the score with a UD.After two fights at Jr. Welter following the Loi loss, Ortiz went down to 135 lbs. and took the title from Joe Brown-- "Ole' Bones".

On the other hand, Elorde started his career at Bantamweight, tried to win the world Featherweight crown from the great Sandy Saddler (whom he had beaten in an earlier non-title tiff), failed, then moved up to rule the Jr. Lightweight class for so long that he currently holds the distinction of having been the longest ruling champ in that division's history. He was undisputed.
It was while still Jr. Lightweight champion that Elorde challenged Ortiz for the Lightweight title that the latter held. Elorde earned the right to face Ortiz as he held the Orient Lightweight diadem alongside his Jr. Lightweight title.

Between their two meetings, Elorde and Ortiz had a common foe:

Ortiz met Ismael Laguna twice. He lost to Laguna in the first meeting thus enabling the latter to reign for some 6 months before surrendering the title back to Ortiz in the return match.

Elorde knocked Laguna down twice (in the fourth and then the 9th) on the way to a UD win in their only meeting which was a non-title Lightweight bout that came after Laguna had already returned the title to Ortiz.

Just for the record: Ortiz is Puerto Rican.

IwatchBoxing
09-14-2006, 01:10 AM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/j2xOCV7V02Y"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/j2xOCV7V02Y" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Ortiz highlight

miron_lang
09-14-2006, 01:21 AM

Yeah

I want to see Ricardo Lopez kayoing Ala villamor... :( That was painfull :(

xcaret
09-14-2006, 01:24 AM

Gomez? He got KTFO by Sanchez :cool:

miron_lang
09-14-2006, 01:25 AM
Both Ortiz and Elorde are in the Hall of Fame; bums don't get there. If one claims they do, then, one should be ready to get an earful from the people who vote enshrinees into the Hall.

The clip features the second Ortiz-Elorde encounter at the MSG (the first was in Manila where Elorde also lost-TKO14). Ortiz went up the ring in NY only about a year older with 54 fights behind him; Elorde has had 101.

Before winning the World Lightweight crown, Ortiz won the vacant World Jr. Welterweight diadem as he stopped Kenny Lane in the 2nd (Lane was dropped but the fight was stopped on cuts) but lost it in his first title defense against Duilio Loi by MD. Loi and Ortiz met again to settle the controversy. Loi knocked Ortiz down in the 6th before going on to settle the score with a UD.After two fights at Jr. Welter following the Loi loss, Ortiz went down to 135 lbs. and took the title from Joe Brown-- "Ole' Bones".

On the other hand, Elorde started his career at Bantamweight, tried to win the world Featherweight crown from the great Sandy Saddler (whom he had beaten in an earlier non-title tiff), failed, then moved up to rule the Jr. Lightweight class for so long that he currently holds the distinction of having been the longest ruling champ in that division's history. He was undisputed.
It was while still Jr. Lightweight champion that Elorde challenged Ortiz for the Lightweight title that the latter held. Elorde earned the right to face Ortiz as he held the Orient Lightweight diadem alongside his Jr. Lightweight title.

Ortiz met Ismael Laguna twice. He lost to Laguna in the first meeting thus enabling the latter to reign for some 6 months before surrendering the title back to Ortiz in the return match.

Elorde knocked Laguna down twice (in the fourth and then the 9th) on the way to a UD win in their only meeting which was a non-title Lightweight bout that came after Laguna had already returned the title to Ortiz.

Thank You!! Great post as usual
:)

Chups
09-14-2006, 01:26 AM

http://www.juanmanuelmarquez.com/forum/Smileys/more/pop.gif

:D :D

vErDuGo
09-14-2006, 01:30 AM
Mexican legend Humberto "Chiquita" Gonzales also got knocked the ****ed out for the first time by a Pinoy, Rolando Pascua.

grayfist
09-14-2006, 01:33 AM
Thank You!! Great post as usual
:)Thanks pal!:)

IwatchBoxing
09-14-2006, 01:39 AM
Ortiz would knock them both out at the same time, I'm not a big Gomez fan.. :D but with Flash, if you put both fights today, both would of gone the distance, so its not bad. In the lower weights, their are many Philippine boxers on boxrec's all time lists..

daggerdeux
09-14-2006, 01:46 AM
Elorde beat Saddler and Laguna. both HOF, ruled the lighweight division for 7 years when there's only champ and enshrined to IBHOF. tell who who is the ****ty fighter that has done that.

grayfist
09-14-2006, 01:47 AM
Mexican legend Humberto "Chiquita" Gonzales also got knocked the ****ed out for the first time by a Pinoy, Rolando Pascua.And Luisito Espinosa KO'd:

1. Alejandro Gonzalez in the 4th to win the WBC Featherweight crown, although Espinosa himself was KOd in the 2nd by Gonzalez in an earlier encounter for the WBC International Featherweight title. Both fights were in Mexico.

2. The two-weight classes champion (WBC Bantam and WBA SuperBantam) Raul Perez in 1:56 of the 1st round. ;)

flipside
09-14-2006, 01:54 AM
And Luisito Espinosa KO'd:

1. Alejandro Gonzalez in the 4th to win the WBC Featherweight crown, although Espinosa himself was KOd in the 2nd by Gonzalez in an earlier encounter for the WBC International Featherweight title. Both fights were in Mexico.

2. The two-weight classes champion (WBC Bantam and WBA SuperBantam) Raul Perez in 1:56 of the 1st round. ;)
i wanted to see louie and hamed fight but it didnt happen

grayfist
09-14-2006, 01:57 AM
i wanted to see louie and hamed fight but it didnt happenSame here flip, ole' pal. :o

Mr. Ryan
09-14-2006, 01:58 AM
for real, I dont know, at that time I was talking a lot of **** (still do), so I taught he was an alternative account or something trying to screw with me, I asked which trunks he wore (Puerto Rican flag trunks), and he never replied :D did he tell you it was him? Quillin is gonna be the next great Cuban boxer, first time I seen how accurate he was, I said he looked like star...
Oh yeah, Quillin is one of my top prospects. I was at the one fight he went to a decision, he got dropped in the first and really got a gift decision. Other than that, hes been a beast. He needs to keep his space abit more, he's much more effective from space. He has a killers instinct.

Yeah, I talked to Frankie and he likes Boxingscene.com . Who doesn't? He only views the forums, but the only post he made was to you.

flipside
09-14-2006, 02:02 AM
Same here flip, ole' pal. :o
why didnt it happen?

Mr. Ryan
09-14-2006, 02:08 AM

That was probably the best single post I ever read in a forum. Good ****!

Mr. Ryan
09-14-2006, 02:12 AM
Hamed-Espinosa was the first logical fight after Espinosa blew away McKinney in 2 non-competitive rounds. McKinney was initially slated to face Hamed that night, yet inexplicably the Englishman fought I believe Vuyuni Bungu or McCullough. In any matter, Espinosa lost a bogus decision to Guty Espadas in his next fight and that eliminated any chances that the two would ever meet. Hamed went on to fight a bunch of guys who weren't worth anyones time, while Espinosa's reign as an elite fighter was over that point.

grayfist
09-14-2006, 02:13 AM
That was probably the best single post I ever read in a forum. Good ****!Oh, you're much too kind, pal. Thanks just the same!

Addendum: Coming from someone who knows boxing as much as you do, that's pretty special! Thanks again!

flipside
09-14-2006, 02:15 AM
Hamed-Espinosa was the first logical fight after Espinosa blew away McKinney in 2 non-competitive rounds. McKinney was initially slated to face Hamed that night, yet inexplicably the Englishman fought I believe Vuyuni Bungu or McCullough. In any matter, Espinosa lost a bogus decision to Guty Espadas in his next fight and that eliminated any chances that the two would ever meet. Hamed went on to fight a bunch of guys who weren't worth anyones time, while Espinosa's reign as an elite fighter was over that point.
i was waiting for that to happen. that would've culminated espinosa's career if he won against hamed. if they fought who do you think would win?

Mr. Ryan
09-14-2006, 02:23 AM
Oh, you're much too kind, pal. Thanks just the same!

Addendum: Coming from someone who knows boxing as much as you do, that's pretty special! Thanks again!
I dunno, I don't think I could've explained the situation with Ortiz-Elorde anywhere near as good as you could. You could be a really good boxing writer, you are well versed in boxing history. My hat is off to you, seriously. That was impressive.

Thanks for the comments, Im gonna make sure to pay attention to your posts more.

xcaret
09-14-2006, 02:27 AM
I dunno, I don't think I could've explained the situation with Ortiz-Elorde anywhere near as good as you could. You could be a really good boxing writer, you are well versed in boxing history. My hat is off to you, seriously. That was impressive.

Thanks for the comments, Im gonna make sure to pay attention to your posts more.

You gonna hire him Mr. Boxing Expert? LOL

flipside
09-14-2006, 02:33 AM
Jelous Ones Envy :p

grayfist
09-14-2006, 02:33 AM
why didnt it happen?Sorry for this delayed response, flip! Multi-tasking, you see...:o And, for the life of me, why didn't I see your post as I browsed through the thread? Getting really old, I guess!:(

Anyway, I saw Asian's response and by and large I think he has it down pat. I recall though that Hamed made it a condition for facing Luisito that the Filipino gets by Cesar Soto in the return match between the Soto and Espinosa. Espinosa lost that resulting in the shelving of the Hamed fight. I could be wrong, though.

The Espadas fight came immediately after Luisito lost to Soto.

There are also some who claim that Hamed was not all that eager to fight Espinosa and preferred to face others. The Filipino boxing market was not all that significant at the time, outside the Philippines where an Espinosa fight generated the type of crowd that-- as reports have it-- got to the Guiness Book in terms of sheer number. With two consecutive Espinosa losses, I guess, Hamed was thinking a fight with the Filipino won't sell except in the Philippines, and he was in no mood to have his passport stamped with a Philippine seal just to fight there.;)

xcaret
09-14-2006, 02:37 AM
Jelous Ones Envy :p

Fat Joe? He sucks.. hah

grayfist
09-14-2006, 02:39 AM

I just wrote down the little I know of a handful of fights, pal.

If that impressed you, then, I'm thinking, this is one of my best days (of which I have few).:o

I've been reading your pieces (both Forum and Front Page) and I have benefited much in terms of information and insights. I am grabbing this chance to both congratulate you and thank you. I hope you'll keep them coming!:)

miron_lang
09-14-2006, 02:41 AM
Sorry for this delayed response, flip! Multi-tasking, you see...:o And, for the life of me, why didn't I see your post as I browsed through the thread? Getting really old, I guess!:(

Anyway, I saw Asian's response and by and large I think he has it down pat. I recall though that Hamed made it a condition for facing Luisito that the Filipino gets by Cesar Soto in the return match between the Soto and Espinosa. Espinosa lost that resulting in the shelving of the Hamed fight. I could be wrong, though.

There are also some who claim that Hamed was not all that eager to fight Espinosa and preferred to face others. The Filipino boxing market was not all that significant at the time, outside the Philippines where I an Espinosa fight generated the type of crowd that-- as reports have it-- got to the Guiness Book in terms of sheer number.

Big robbery in the sotto fight. Hamed was really avoiding Lindol but i dont blame him. Espinosa is not that popular in the states and losing is a big possibility.

*More than 200K fans watched Lindol's WBC 126 title defense againts sotto in 1995

flipside
09-14-2006, 02:45 AM
Sorry for this delayed response, flip! Multi-tasking, you see...:o And, for the life of me, why didn't I see your post as I browsed through the thread? Getting really old, I guess!:(

There are also some who claim that Hamed was not all that eager to fight Espinosa and preferred to face others. The Filipino boxing market was not all that significant at the time, outside the Philippines where an Espinosa fight generated the type of crowd that-- as reports have it-- got to the Guiness Book in terms of sheer number. With two consecutive Espinosa losses, I guess, Hamed was thinking a fight with the Filipino won't sell except in the Philippines, and he was in no mood to have his passport stamped with a Philippine seal just to fight there.;)
i think he got robbed in the soto fight. if i remember correctly. :D

burglar
09-14-2006, 02:45 AM

Everytime Grayfist makes a reply, I make it a point to read it because I know I'll learn a lot...KUDOS to you Sir..Your one of the best member in the site...
As for Xcaret,,, quit fabricating facts cause it makes you more and more IDIOT...
Ortiz= MEXICAN????
Elorde the HOF= a BUM????

XCARIOT= IDIOT !!!!!

Mr. Ryan
09-14-2006, 02:46 AM
i was waiting for that to happen. that would've culminated espinosa's career if he won against hamed. if they fought who do you think would win?
Its hard to really tell because by that time Hamed was on the slide. He had a real issue with unorthodox guys like Soto and Sanchez, so its very possible that Espinosa could've given him a tough fight. I'm not sure, of course Hamed would be favored but something tells me Espinosa would've given him hell early until Hamed's power started to show up. Espinosa was a big puncher, but Hamed was other wordly.

Grayfist, I'm not exactly sure cuz its been awhile since I've considered these fighters lol. I remember Espadas took the title in a bull**** decision, but that Soto also beat Espinosa late for a title. Not sure which came first lol. Someone boxrec it please?

Xcaret, Fat Joe and Big Pun are many times greater than any wack Mexican rapper who ever lived. Mexican rap sucks, so deal with it. Stop hating, you know you love my ****.

flipside
09-14-2006, 02:47 AM
Fat Joe? He sucks.. hah
weak ass comeback.:p

flipside
09-14-2006, 02:48 AM
Its hard to really tell because by that time Hamed was on the slide. He had a real issue with unorthodox guys like Soto and Sanchez, so its very possible that Espinosa could've given him a tough fight. I'm not sure, of course Hamed would be favored but something tells me Espinosa would've given him hell early until Hamed's power started to show up. Espinosa was a big puncher, but Hamed was other wordly.

Grayfist, I'm not exactly sure cuz its been awhile since I've considered these fighters lol. I remember Espadas took the title in a bull**** decision, but that Soto also beat Espinosa late for a title. Not sure which came first lol. Someone boxrec it please?

Xcaret, Fat Joe and Big Pun are many times greater than any wack Mexican rapper who ever lived. Mexican rap sucks, so deal with it. Stop hating, you know you love my ****.
are there mexican rappers?:D whoa!

grayfist
09-14-2006, 02:50 AM
Big robbery in the sotto fight. Hamed was really avoiding Lindol but i dont blame him. Espinosa is not that popular in the states and losing is a big possibility.

*More than 200K fans watched Lindol's WBC 126 title defense againts sotto in 1995
One can only wish that the current Fil-Am market existed then. That would have flashed dollar signs in front of Hamed's eyes and prod him towards facing Espinosa inspite of that Soto OFFICIAL result.:)

200,000! That's HUGE numbers even for any other sport!

flipside
09-14-2006, 02:51 AM
One can only wish that the current Fil-Am market existed then. That would have flashed dollar signs in front of Hamed's eyes and prod him towards facing Espinosa inspite of that Soto OFFICIAL result.:)

200,000! That's HUGE numbers even for any other sport!
was that the one in luneta?

grayfist
09-14-2006, 02:52 AM
Everytime Grayfist makes a reply, I make it a point to read it because I know I'll learn a lot...KUDOS to you Sir..Your one of the best member in the site...
As for Xcaret,,, quit fabricating facts cause it makes you more and more IDIOT...
Ortiz= MEXICAN????

XCARIOT= IDIOT !!!!!Thanks, pal! I try to contribute the little I can.:o

grayfist
09-14-2006, 02:55 AM
was that the one in luneta?I'm not sure about the name of the place. I have read though that it was al fresco and it was for free courtesy of the sitting president of the Philippines at the time.

grayfist
09-14-2006, 03:05 AM

Xcaret, Fat Joe and Big Pun are many times greater than any wack Mexican rapper who ever lived. Mexican rap sucks, so deal with it. Stop hating, you know you love my ****. To confess, I'm not really sure about my facts too, Asian. But if an old man's memory serves;) , Espinosa met Soto twice, once in Manila (in front of those 200,000 fans that Miron Lang cited) and then in Texas. I think it was the Texas contest that Hamed made as pre-condition.

In the first fight Espinosa's win was described by no less than Soto's Mexican compatriot and WBC President Jose Sulaiman (who was said to be in attendance) as, "Espinosa taught Soto a boxing lesson". I saw that fight a few times on tape and while it was Soto who brought the fight to the Filipino, I tend to agree with Sulaiman.

The second fight was, to me, somewhat of a replay of the first, except that Soto was more bullying. It seems that the judges gave Soto more credit for bringing the fight to Espinosa, than they gave Espinosa for successfully fighting from a distance, employing well placed jabs effectively. I thought too that it was a robbery. I still do.

Both Espinosa-Soto encounters preceded the Espadas meeting. I think.:o

As I recall, Soto and Hamed met to unify the WBC (Soto's) and WBO (Hamed's) crowns. Hamed won by UD but, later, the WBC declared the throne vacant, thus, ushering in Espinosa- Espadas. I have been splitting my head to recall why the WBC stripped Hamed but with no success.

IwatchBoxing
09-14-2006, 03:07 AM
Oh yeah, Quillin is one of my top prospects. I was at the one fight he went to a decision, he got dropped in the first and really got a gift decision. Other than that, hes been a beast. He needs to keep his space abit more, he's much more effective from space. He has a killers instinct.

Yeah, I talked to Frankie and he likes Boxingscene.com . Who doesn't? He only views the forums, but the only post he made was to you.
Didn't catch that fight, but from what I've seen (not much two or three fights), I think hes gonna turn out really good and hold a belt. He has the potentional to be a star with Taylor, or Edison, who stylisticly, like with Winky would make some interesting match-ups for Middleweight...Peter just has to find his range, and pick his shots or whatever. Even if it was Frankie I wouldnt of bothered him, I have tons of questions for Scully, but I bite my keybroad and leave him at peace... :D

xcaret
09-14-2006, 03:07 AM
Ortiz= MEXICAN????

XCARIOT= IDIOT !!!!!

Who the **** said Ortiz was Mexican? I even put that hes Puerto Rican in the youtube description, dumb****s

xcaret
09-14-2006, 03:09 AM

Really i could give a **** about Mexican Rap, i dont like that **** either, try something else Mr. Bandana wearing mofker

Mr. Ryan
09-14-2006, 03:27 AM
Didn't catch that fight, but from what I've seen (not much two or three fights), I think hes gonna turn out really good and hold a belt. He has the potentional to be a star with Taylor, or Edison, who stylisticly, like with Winky would make some interesting match-ups for Middleweight...Peter just has to find his range, and pick his shots or whatever. Even if it was Frankie I wouldnt of bothered him, I have tons of questions for Scully, but I bite my keybroad and leave him at peace... :D
Yeah, that was at Schuetzen Park in North Bergen. You said it, he needs to keep his distance better. His trainer said that he only uses the jab to set up his punches, because thats what its meant to do. I mean hey, there is no right way to box really. Whatever works I guess. He probably should fight from the outside more because of his height but he loves to impress he fans. He has the style and talent to really be a superstar. I'm going to his next fight the 20th in Manhattan, can't wait to see him fight. He's gonna be really special.

LOL yeah, I bother Iceman alot. I'll know if he's pissed at me on the 23rd when I go to Hartford for a fight. I'm gonna bring my mouthpiece so I don't lose any teeth. Hey, I'm young so I'll try to fight back as long as I can. Figueroa's next fight is in Oct. in FL. Don't remember the opponent. He's a real friendly guy, check him out on Myspace. He be on Myspace IM alot, he's really cool.

IwatchBoxing
09-14-2006, 04:10 AM
Figueroa is the same, I was watching his fight with Rincon, the one he relpyed me for, and he gave up that fight in the end by letting down his guard, he should of really been on the outside keeping his distent. Last round cost him big, two knockdowns. I figure right now I'm learning more and more about boxing, than when I'm ready I'ma start hitting the shows, and seeing if I can get more involed in whatever, but right now I'm just laying low.

Mr. Ryan
09-14-2006, 04:33 AM
Figueroa is the same, I was watching his fight with Rincon, the one he relpyed me for, and he gave up that fight in the end by letting down his guard, he should of really been on the outside keeping his distent. Last round cost him big, two knockdowns. I figure right now I'm learning more and more about boxing, than when I'm ready I'ma start hitting the shows, and seeing if I can get more involed in whatever, but right now I'm just laying low.
Word, he has real talent but seems to lose focus at times. I love the way he pivots and uses those angles to get his new angles. He fights beautifully when he's on, but he does lose focus.

Yeah, you really know alot about boxing. You have MAD old school fights, in fact I'm watching your Jose Torres Youtube right now lol. Stay around boxing and there is always something for people to do to get involved.

the giant one
09-14-2006, 05:02 AM

thanks for the clip, but there is no need to call elorde a bum.

mr. bojangles
09-14-2006, 06:31 AM
Xcaret, your folly knows no bounds. The man you call bum is RIP and enshrined in the IBHOF, fought in 44 championship fights at 4 weight divisions and dominated the Jr. Lightweight class like no other (perhaps only Alexis Arguello comes close). Fought fellow boxing greats Sandy Saddler, Ismael Laguna and the tough Harold Gomes. The man has balls and just loves to fight. Couldn't find any competitive fights in his division, he moved up to challenge the alpha of the Lightweights - the great Carlos Ortiz. Give him respect. Oh, you can't...that's just pathetic.

Chups
09-14-2006, 11:51 AM
Xcaret likes to make fun of dead people. :rolleyes:

Alibata
09-14-2006, 07:10 PM
Elorde had 101 fights at that point and he has the gall to rag on an all time great being knocked down when he makes excuses for Morales and Barrera being SHOT after they got koed by Pacquiao Those two don't even come close to amount of fights Elorde has had. Good post, nice to see it back fire on your dumb ass.

psychopath
09-14-2006, 08:10 PM

The walking encyclopedia of boxing strikes again. :D This is history for us. :)

This post, "dozed of cold water" into the face of "xcarriot the idot" who called Elorde "a piece of ****" and a "bum". :p

xcaret
09-14-2006, 08:12 PM
Ortiz killed Elorde by that KO :D

psychopath
09-14-2006, 08:22 PM
Ortiz killed Elorde by that KO :D

Oh hell yeah "xcarriot the idiot" as I said nobody can alter history. :p Suite yourself dumb****. :D

psychopath
09-14-2006, 08:24 PM

Nah his making fun of himself. :D

TomRiddle
09-15-2006, 01:10 AM

because he's an idiot

grayfist
09-15-2006, 01:21 AM
The walking encyclopedia of boxing strikes again. :D This is history for us.

This post, "dozed of cold water" into the face of "xcarriot the idot" who called Elorde "a piece of ****" and a "bum". :pJust tossing in what little I know, buddy.:o

Thanks! :)

loui_ludwig
09-15-2006, 01:24 AM
There's only 1 true bum in boxing............................................ ........The one and only XCARET.

kadyo
09-15-2006, 01:32 AM

Thanks for the vid idiot!!!!Elorde is the longest reigning super featherweight of all time.

xcaret
09-15-2006, 01:35 AM
Thanks for the vid idiot!!!!Elorde is the longest reigning super featherweight of all time.

Fighting who dumb****? Bums in the Phillipines? Give me a ****ing break.

psychopath
09-15-2006, 01:38 AM

Oh xcarriot the idiot doesn't really care.

Even if it always blows up in his own face, he'll still insult Filipino fighters at every opportunity.

The shameless mother ****er loves the humiltion he is getting. :D

psychopath
09-15-2006, 01:39 AM

Yeah sure, you ****i'n break your own face xcarriot. :D

grayfist
09-15-2006, 03:13 AM
Da Flash died of lung cancer at the age of 49, a day after New Year's Day of 1985-- a little over two months shy of his 50th birthday. Although he surely was aware of the so-called "Yellow Fever" (protesters against President Marcos wore yellow shirts, dresses and armbands, thus, the name) that engulfed the Philippines since the assassination of Benigno Aquino, Jr., he didn't get to witness the so-called EDSA Peaceful Revolution that dethroned Marcos, which came in late February of the following year.

Elorde was born in the town of Bogo in the province of Cebu, an island right smack in the middle of the Philippine archipelago. Bogo is some 100 kilometers north of the provincial capital, Cebu City.

It was said that when Elorde was born, the town had a total population of about 1,000 souls, and yet, very few of the townfolks knew, then, that the Elordes-- Flash's parents and siblings-- existed; they were so poor and so well below the small population's radar screen.

As a kid, Elorde worked in Bogo as a bootblack and a stevedore; as the latter he carried 50- kilo bags of rice for merchants in Bogo. He was reportedly often seen in an oversized shirt with no pants and better heeled boys often played pranks on him. He had to often use his fists to discourage them.

He often slept on top of piles of merchandise in the town's market, preferring that to going home for the nightly rest; there were just too many in the little shack on stilts in a mangrove swamp that they called home (reports vary on the number of siblings: from 8 to a dozen).

It was at the age of 13 that Gabriel (Flash's baptismal name) boarded a truck piled high with copra to try his luck in Cebu City. At first he worked in the docks but soon took to boxing when a man named Mening Jagdon--a local patron of the sport-- spotted him knocking down bigger boys in a street fight. Jagdon partnered with a man named Kintanar to steer the career of the young Elorde. Kintanar owned a store selling radios. The store was called the RSK Radio Shop, located at the corner of Colon (acclaimed as the oldest street in the Philippines) and Juan Luna St.

The moniker, "Flash", came from a radio news program which was aired in a Cebu City radio station. That program was called, "The RSK Radio Shop Flash Report". It was the fashion then in Cebu for businesses to sponsor pro fighters; much in the manner that some businesses in Thailand today do, e.g., "3K Battery". So Elorde initially carried the ringname, "RSK Flash Elorde".

Elorde suffered his first defeat in the hands of Kid Independence who knocked him out in the 10th. Independence then was a prospect, but his little local success got to his head as he frequently partied long and hard and abandoned training. He failed to live up to his potential and is now merely mentioned as a footnote in Elorde's career narrative.

Finding themselves unable to sustain the career of Elorde, Jagdon and Kintanar sold Gabriel's contract to Lope Sarreal who was making a name as THE MAN of Asian boxing. (Today, Sarreal--a Filipino-- is widely credited for having been the prime mover of Japanese, Korean and Thai western boxing, to mention the more prominent ones). Sarreal and Elorde shuttled between Manila and Japan for a series of fights before having the great Sandy Saddler face Elorde in Manila in a 10-round, non-title tiff. Elorde won that one going away (scores of 8-1, 7-3, 8-2). They met again in San Francisco some 6 months later. The fight was stopped in the 13th on cuts suffered by Elorde to the wild protest of people and media in attendance who saw Elorde ahead on points. The official verdict: TKO 13.

Following that loss, Elorde, rose to Jr. Lightweight, stayed in California and had half a dozen fights in the state before going to New York for a bout at the MSG, then, back to Tokyo to begin another series of commutes between Japan, Bangkok and Manila. In between the Asian shuttles, they managed to drop in twice in Venezuela to win over Sonny Leone and Vicente Rivas as well as back to the US for fights in San Francisco and Cleveland.

In 1957, he took a chance at taking the vacant Orient Lightweight title (a weight class he had not fought in) and won by UD over Hideto Kobayashi in the latter's home turf of Japan. He however lost that title in his first defense to Omsap Laemfapha by points decision in Thailand. The following year he regained that title by beating Hiroshi Okawa in Tokyo (UD) and didn't give it up until Sohiaki Numata came along 8 years and over a dozen defenses later.

In March 1960, while still Orient Lightweight king, Elorde faced Harold Gomes in Manila for the World Jr. Lightweight crown, even as his wife Laura (daughter of his manager Lope) labored to give birth to their child.

Laura, still dazed, heard the child's first cry along with booming fireworks and sirens wailing at the distance. She knew her husband had taken the title, though, she could not have known then that it only took 7 rounds-- in which he administered 6 knock downs (twice in the 2nd, once in the third, once in the fifth and twice in the 7th)-- to accomplish the feat.

Those 7 rounds were six more and those six KD's were four more than what Elorde required to dispatch with Gomes in their return match in San Francisco. That fight lasted only 1 minute and 20 seconds.

Edit: Elorde's victims include the likes of:

Vicente Rivas, Joey Lopes, Giordano Campari, Teruo Kosaka, Sergio Caprari, Somkiat Kiatmuangyom, Auburn Copeland, Solomon Boysaw, Johnny Bizzaro, Tsunetumi Yamamoto, Love Allotey, Kang Il Suh, Rene Barrientos (a Filipino who won the world Jr. Lightweight title after Elorde's reign), Ismael Laguna, Percy Hayles,Vicente Derado, Teddy "Red Top" Davis, etc., etc. Of those mentioned, only Barrientos is a Filipino. The Ring listed Copeland, Boysaw, Bizzaro, Allotey, Kang, Derado, Lopes, Rivas and Campari in its rosters of challengers for the Jr. Lightweight crown at the time they faced Elorde.

Lopes (a naturalized US citizen from Portugal), Kosaka and Bizzaro fought Ortiz for the title but lost; Laguna won once over Ortiz and lost twice.

His meetings (about 4) with Kosaka were epic. After both retired from the ring, Elorde visited Kosaka in Japan upon learning that his former rival had lost his sight. Elorde gave Kosaka a hefty sum and made sure about the Japanese's monthly allowance. That gesture gives one a glimpse of Elorde, the man.

Elorde also met Frankie Narvaez on August 4, 1965 at the Madison Square Garden in NY in a non-title tiff. After Elorde was announced the winner, Narvaez's fans rioted in what was described by the New York Times edition published the following day as, "The worst riot in the Garden's history." Not only chairs and bottles were thrown but also tanks of fire extinguishers and axes. The riot spread to the construction site accross the street, where rioters picked up stones, pieces of concrete and steel bars to hurl at everyone and anyone.

The rest is....;)

TomRiddle
09-15-2006, 04:22 AM
Da Flash died of lung cancer at the age of 49, a day after New Year's Day of 1985-- a little over two months shy of his 50th birthday. Although he surely was aware of the so-called "Yellow Fever" (protesters against President Marcos wore yellow shirts, dresses and armbands, thus, the name) that engulfed the Philippines since the assassination of Benigno Aquino, Jr., he didn't get to witness the so-called EDSA Peaceful Revolution that dethroned Marcos, which came in late February of the following year.

Elorde was born in the town of Bogo in the province of Cebu, an island right smack in the middle of the Philippine archipelago. Bogo is some 100 kilometers north of the provincial capital, Cebu City.

It was said that when Elorde was born, the town had a total population of about 1,000 souls, and yet, very few of the townfolks knew, then, that the Elordes-- Flash's parents and siblings-- existed; they were so poor and so well below the small population's radar screen.

As a kid, Elorde worked in Bogo as a bootblack and a stevedore; as the latter he carried 50- kilo bags of rice for merchants in Bogo. He was reportedly often seen in an oversized shirt with no pants and better heeled boys often played pranks on him. He had to often use his fists to discourage them.

He often slept on top of piles of merchandise in the town's market, preferring that to going home for the nightly rest; there were just too many in the little shack on stilts in a mangrove swamp that they called home (reports vary on the number of siblings: from 8 to a dozen).

It was at the age of 13 that Gabriel (Flash's baptismal name) boarded a truck piled high with copra to try his luck in Cebu City. At first he worked in the docks but soon took to boxing when a man named Mening Jagdon--a local patron of the sport-- spotted him knocking down bigger boys in a street fight. Jagdon partnered with a man named Kintanar to steer the career of the young Elorde. Kintanar owned a store selling radios. The store was called the RSK Radio Shop, located at the corner of Colon (acclaimed as the oldest street in the Philippines) and Juan Luna St.

The moniker, "Flash", came from a radio news program which was aired in a Cebu City radio station. That program was called, "The RSK Radio Shop Flash Report". It was the fashion then in Cebu for businesses to sponsor pro fighters; much in the manner that some businesses in Thailand today do, e.g., "3K Battery". So Elorde initially carried the ringname, "RSK Flash Elorde".

Elorde suffered his first defeat in the hands of Kid Independence who knocked him out in the 10th. Independence then was a prospect, but his little local success got to his head as he frequently partied long and hard and abandoned training. He failed to live up to his potential and is now merely mentioned as a footnote in Elorde's career narrative.

Finding themselves unable to sustain the career of Elorde, Jagdon and Kintanar sold Gabriel's contract to Lope Sarreal who was making a name as THE MAN of Asian boxing. (Today, Sarreal--a Filipino-- is widely credited for having been the prime mover of Japanese, Korean and Thai western boxing, to mention the more prominent ones). Sarreal and Elorde shuttled between Manila and Japan for a series of fights before having the great Sandy Saddler face Elorde in Manila in a 10-round, non-title tiff. Elorde won that one going away (scores of 8-1, 7-3, 8-2). They met again in San Francisco some 6 months later. The fight was stopped in the 13th on cuts suffered by Elorde to the wild protest of people and media in attendance who saw Elorde ahead on points. The official verdict: TKO 13.

Following that loss, Elorde, rose to Jr. Lightweight, stayed in California and had half a dozen fights in the state before going to New York for a bout at the MSG, then, back to Tokyo to begin another series of commutes between Japan, Bangkok and Manila. In between the Asian shuttles, they managed to drop in twice in Venezuela to win over Sonny Leone and Vicente Rivas as well as back to the US for fights in San Francisco and Cleveland.

In 1957, he took a chance at taking the vacant Orient Lightweight title (a weight class he had not fought in) and won by UD over Hideto Kobayashi in the latter's home turf of Japan. He however lost that title in his first defense to Omsap Laemfapha by points decision in Thailand. The following year he regained that title by beating Hiroshi Okawa in Tokyo (UD) and didn't give it up until Sohiaki Numata came along 8 years and over a dozen defenses later.

In March 1960, while still Orient Lightweight king, Elorde faced Harold Gomes in Manila for the World Jr. Lightweight crown, even as his wife Laura (daughter of his manager Lope) labored to give birth to their child.

Laura, still dazed, heard the child's first cry along with booming fireworks and sirens wailing at the distance. She knew her husband had taken the title, though, she could not have known then that it only took 7 rounds-- in which he administered 6 knock downs (twice in the 2nd, once in the third, once in the fifth and twice in the 7th)-- to accomplish the feat.

Those 7 rounds were six more and those six KD's were four more than what Elorde required to dispatch with Gomes in their return match in San Francisco. That fight lasted only 1 minute and 20 seconds.

Edit: Elorde's victims include the likes of:

Vicente Rivas, Joey Lopes, Giordano Campari, Teruo Kosaka, Sergio Caprari, Somkiat Kiatmuangyom, Auburn Copeland, Solomon Boysaw, Johnny Bizzaro, Tsunetumi Yamamoto, Love Allotey, Kang Il Suh, Rene Barrientos (a Filipino who won the world Jr. Lightweight title after Elorde's reign), Ismael Laguna, Percy Hayles,Vicente Derado, Teddy "Red Top" Davis, etc., etc. Of those mentioned, only Barrientos is a Filipino. The Ring listed Copeland, Boysaw, Bizzaro, Allotey, Kang, Derado, Lopes, Rivas and Campari in its rosters of challengers for the Jr. Lightweight crown at the time they faced Elorde.

Lopes (a naturalized US citizen from Portugal), Kosaka and Bizzaro fought Ortiz for the title but lost; Laguna won once over Ortiz and lost twice.

His meetings (about 4) with Kosaka were epic. After both retired from the ring, Elorde visited Kosaka in Japan upon learning that his former rival had lost his sight. Elorde gave Kosaka a hefty sum and made sure about the Japanese's monthly allowance. That gesture gives one a glimpse of Elorde, the man.

Elorde also met Frankie Narvaez on August 4, 1965 at the Madison Square Garden in NY in a non-title tiff. After Elorde was announced the winner, Narvaez's fans rioted in what was described by the New York Times edition published the following day as, "The worst riot in the Garden's history." Not only chairs and bottles were thrown but also tanks of fire extinguishers and axes. The riot spread to the construction site accross the street, where rioters picked up stones, pieces of concrete and steel bars to hurl at everyone and anyone.

The rest is....;)

great history, extraordinary achievement, but we're pretty sure xcariot the idiot would love to **** this information, shameless MF he is. :p

grayfist
09-15-2006, 04:42 AM
great history, extraordinary achievement, but we're pretty sure xcariot the idiot would love to **** this information, shameless MF he is. :pHa! Ha! Ha! Ha! Thanks for thinking it so. I am still panting from the exercise. :o

Anyway, it's there for whatever reason anyone may have to use it, Tom.:)

flipside
09-15-2006, 05:41 AM
i just dont get the hate for the philippines? its too much bordering on insane. you need to stop the hate and recognize.:p

mr. bojangles
09-15-2006, 06:58 AM
That was a nice read, thanks Grayfist, BoxingScene's resident walking boxing encyclopaedia.

grayfist
09-15-2006, 07:13 AM
That was a nice read, thanks Grayfist, BoxingScene's resident walking boxing encyclopaedia.Oh, thanks, buddy! "...resident walking encyclopaedia"!

Pal, you're much too kind! :o YOU are the man!:)

Bonsi
09-15-2006, 08:50 AM
Nice post grayfist!...as always.

On behalf of the guy on my avatar...Salamat at Mabuhay ka!

Bogler
09-15-2006, 11:29 AM

why, you need a job? ehh but you're worthless, you only do lawns.

jswa17
09-15-2006, 12:07 PM

stop hating, u biased/racist f***,
u know exactly wut i mean.

grayfist
09-16-2006, 12:00 AM
Nice post grayfist!...as always.

On behalf of the guy on my avatar...Salamat at Mabuhay ka!

:)Thanks, pal!

Oh yeah, you have the Flash in there! Great fighter and an even greater man!

Mabuhay Ka, too! Mabuhay Flash Elorde! :)

El Jesus
09-16-2006, 12:35 AM
This thread is in terrible taste and here only to exclusively incite hatred and ridicule for someone of a different racial and cultural background than the topic starter. I dont know how Xcaret remains on this site with comments and posts like this

kadyo
09-16-2006, 12:36 AM
Hey grayfist buddy, great article about the philippine's most loved sportsman of the 60's. You surely know your boxing man.

grayfist
09-16-2006, 12:45 AM
Hey grayfist buddy, great article abour the most loved sportsman of the 60's. You surely know your boxing man.Hello there, buddy!

Most of the stuff I wrote I got from people I met in travels to Da Flash's home province; it was truly a privilege to have talked to them about Elorde--a great fighter and an even greater man.

He deserves all the love he got in life and the ones he's getting in death. Boxing has contributed its share of role models throughout the years, but few are better than the great Flash Elorde. He is a credit not only to the sport, his country and his race but to all of mankind. Seldom can one find someone who excelled in a violent sport conduct himself so impeccably outside the ring.

Thanks, buddy!

Edit: There are many who can improve life for themselves and people around them if they take a page from his book, pal. ;) :)

Chups
09-16-2006, 05:21 AM
This thread is in terrible taste and here only to exclusively incite hatred and ridicule for someone of a different racial and cultural background than the topic starter. I dont know how Xcaret remains on this site with comments and posts like this

ditto...........