View Full Version : I don't want to see Tank Abbott in the UFC

Money
12-03-2002, 03:33 PM
A year ago yes, I wanted to see him but lately with the old school fighters losing, Tank if he fights anyone decent is going to get seriously hurt.

Shammy, Frye, Royce have lost against the new school of fighters and they were better fighters than Tank was.

Even the gimmick of Tank Abbott is old. I think the UFC should reconsider having Tank fight. He embodies the old beer brawler image that MMAs is trying to get away from.

Leather
12-03-2002, 03:39 PM
True, Money. It would be lamentable if Tank losses like Ken, but we must give another chance to him.

badguy
12-03-2002, 03:41 PM
[quote:f5ebc089bc="Money"]A year ago yes, I wanted to see him but lately with the old school fighters losing, Tank if he fights anyone decent is going to get seriously hurt.

Shammy, Frye, Royce have lost against the new school of fighters and they were better fighters than Tank was.

Even the gimmick of Tank Abbott is old. I think the UFC should reconsider having Tank fight. He embodies the old beer brawler image that MMAs is trying to get away from.[/quote:f5ebc089bc]

Frye has not lost to the new school he lost a work fight. Tank is ok to come back he gives the sport a serious badguy image to bring people to ppv. As long as he is training and taking it serious who cares

James Fulton
12-03-2002, 04:39 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Tank get owned...

It will attract old fans having him fight, then hopefully they get hooked on the new MMA.

Piedra
12-03-2002, 04:45 PM
If the UFC wants tank back he should fight joe son do or another fighter of that level, I hope is not true he is going to face Pedro Rizzo.

Money
12-03-2002, 05:15 PM
I would rather see tank fight Piedra Rizzo (so you can headbutt Tank) than Pedro Rizzo.

Tank will get KTFO by Pedro

Piedra
12-03-2002, 05:25 PM
HAHA well Piedra Tudo is an effective style money dont forget Im a member of the T.C team the Top cat team along with dangerous fighters like Benny, Spook, Brain, Choo Choo, Fancy Fancy, and Officer Dibble so dont underestimate me money. This post is one of your funniest ones money.

seldomTap
12-03-2002, 07:26 PM
I agree with Money that Tank will find things a lot different to when he was around previously...

The fighters are better athletes, train full time now and are dedicated.

When Tank was fighting before he fought guys like Ferrozzo, Nelmark and Matua who were good fighters, but not in the calibre of the current crop of guys like Rizzo or Ricco Rodriguez.

Tank is fighting Aaron Brink if I read correctly

Kimura
12-03-2002, 09:53 PM
Tank's coming back whether you like it or not Money so just stfu.

miller8966
12-04-2002, 12:18 AM
If he gets ****ed up or wins who cares. I'll be eating my popcorn and hoping for a bloodbath

Money
12-04-2002, 12:53 AM
[quote:424d8fffb5="miller8966"]If he gets ****ed up or wins who cares. I'll be eating my popcorn and hoping for a bloodbath[/quote:424d8fffb5]

But Tank will perputrate the stereotype about MMAs being a blood bath fight for fat out of shape brawlers

seldomTap
12-04-2002, 12:56 AM
[quote:dda02a1d4e="Money"][quote:dda02a1d4e="miller8966"]If he gets ****ed up or wins who cares. I'll be eating my popcorn and hoping for a bloodbath[/quote:dda02a1d4e]

But Tank will perputrate the stereotype about MMAs being a blood bath fight for fat out of shape brawlers[/quote:dda02a1d4e]

I agree to a point...he will equal buy rates though which may get some new fans in the game

Money
12-04-2002, 01:00 AM
[quote:fb8bdc7f6a="seldomTap"][quote:fb8bdc7f6a="Money"][quote:fb8bdc7f6a="miller8966"]If he gets ****ed up or wins who cares. I'll be eating my popcorn and hoping for a bloodbath[/quote:fb8bdc7f6a]

But Tank will perputrate the stereotype about MMAs being a blood bath fight for fat out of shape brawlers[/quote:fb8bdc7f6a]

I agree to a point...he will equal buy rates though which may get some new fans in the game[/quote:fb8bdc7f6a]

Those aren't the new fans, they are the old fans that like the toughman type fights. MMAs needs better fans than that

seldomTap
12-04-2002, 01:07 AM
I won't argue that point Money, you are spot on, but as you stated in your "How many buys did UFC 40 get" thread, the UFC NEEDS fans buying the PPV's to break even, let alone make money...

Even though in a perfect world the fans average IQ would be above 65, the sport needs fans of all shapes, sizes and economic backgrounds to be viable

Purity
12-04-2002, 02:00 AM
of course tank is gonna get ****ed up. but who cares!!

1. he dishes severe strikes
2. he never gets knocked out
3. he sweats hatred
4. he talks **** so, therefore
5. he's ****in entertaining!!!

pål johnsen
12-04-2002, 04:26 AM
well.. the thing is that tank never was that good.. terrible stamina and no defense for lowkicks. just power. bad grappling skills just a lot of weight.

i must say i enjoy watching him, but guys like him is not good for the sport! they make the whole sport look dumb. guys like vov shows that one can be a fighter but still know how to act outside and in the ring!

herring too! and fedor when i think about it! another good face for the sport is renzo gracie! he is allways in a good mood!

badguy
12-04-2002, 08:49 AM
[quote:9c9739b465="Money"][quote:9c9739b465="seldomTap"][quote:9c9739b465="Money"][quote:9c9739b465="miller8966"]If he gets ****ed up or wins who cares. I'll be eating my popcorn and hoping for a bloodbath[/quote:9c9739b465]

But Tank will perputrate the stereotype about MMAs being a blood bath fight for fat out of shape brawlers[/quote:9c9739b465]

I agree to a point...he will equal buy rates though which may get some new fans in the game[/quote:9c9739b465]

Those aren't the new fans, they are the old fans that like the toughman type fights. MMAs needs better fans than that[/quote:9c9739b465]

I think MMA needs what ever fans are willing to buy PPV so we can get on National tV Bottom Line thats all that matters. More PPV and free tv who cares who the fans are. Football has loofy fans boxing too. to be main stream you have to take all kinds.

Bzob
12-04-2002, 12:38 PM
[quote:4e9edb1ae3="Money"]A year ago yes, I wanted to see him but lately with the old school fighters losing, Tank if he fights anyone decent is going to get seriously hurt.

Even the gimmick of Tank Abbott is old. I think the UFC should reconsider having Tank fight. He embodies the old beer brawler image that MMAs is trying to get away from.[/quote:4e9edb1ae3]

**** you....I can not wait. I love watching him fight

Free the Sea Monkeys

rudyray
12-04-2002, 01:17 PM
tank is the next oldie to get owned

Money
12-04-2002, 01:44 PM
[quote:7256d65bfa="Bzob"][quote:7256d65bfa="Money"]A year ago yes, I wanted to see him but lately with the old school fighters losing, Tank if he fights anyone decent is going to get seriously hurt.

Even the gimmick of Tank Abbott is old. I think the UFC should reconsider having Tank fight. He embodies the old beer brawler image that MMAs is trying to get away from.[/quote:7256d65bfa]

**** you....I can not wait. I love watching him fight

Free the Sea Monkeys[/quote:7256d65bfa]

I bet you have a beer gut, are missing some teeth and watch prowrestling a lot!

Screw the Sea Monkeys.

Jay Pan ROKK
12-04-2002, 03:51 PM
Tank is a entertening fighter that will sell PPV ... there is how the show runs ... there is much better money for him now then never was ... If he wants that money if must come in to play ... he was already beaten like Shamrock was against Tito, so his losses did not scratch neither him or his marketing image ... he is a legend already if we like him or not ... if Tito can make his living with a bad character so can Tank ... in fact Tank would be much honest towards the public then Tito, because he seems to be a real bad boy ... while Tito seems to be just a fake bad boy, a marketing move ... an Intelligent Poster Boy ... a Doll ... i like Tank do not like Tito ... sorry Tito lovers ...

miller8966
12-05-2002, 02:34 AM
MMA does not have the luxury(like all other sports) to choose the fans they would like to have. Yes,most fans of mma right now know ****loads of info about the sport,but if mma goes mainstream the new fans arent going to be looking for great ground technique. They want fighters like Tank and Robbie Lawler.They want blood and knockouts.Just like in football, you want to see bone cracking hits, not intricate pass routes.So sit back folks and enjoy the ride

HULK
12-11-2002, 05:21 AM
[quote:893d230c09="pål johnsen"]well.. the thing is that tank never was that good.. terrible stamina and no defense for lowkicks. just power. bad grappling skills just a lot of weight.

i must say i enjoy watching him, but guys like him is not good for the sport! they make the whole sport look dumb. guys like vov shows that one can be a fighter but still know how to act outside and in the ring!

herring too! and fedor when i think about it! another good face for the sport is renzo gracie! he is allways in a good mood![/quote:893d230c09]

Word!