View Full Version : Jobs...

Cutthroat
09-08-2006, 12:20 AM
For those of you who are going to college, or are still in school and are considering on going to college to pursue your career in whatever; what do you want to be?

I'm planning on becoming a network administrator, or a computer technician. From what I've heard from my teacher for computer maintainence, a network admin. gets paid from 50,000-60,000 a year depending on who your work for. I'd say that's pretty good money.

Oh and if you did go to college, what did you major in and what college did you go to?

* FeistyWench *
09-08-2006, 09:38 AM
For those of you who are going to college, or are still in school and are considering on going to college to pursue your career in whatever; what do you want to be?

I'm planning on becoming a network administrator, or a computer technician. From what I've heard from my teacher for computer maintainence, a network admin. gets paid from 50,000-60,000 a year depending on who your work for. I'd say that's pretty good money.

Oh and if you did go to college, what did you major in and what college did you go to?

I went to Florida State University.
My undergrad major (BS) was child dvelopment and psychology.
My major in graduate school (PhD) was a combined program: counseling psychology/school (educational) psychology.
Curerntly i am self-employed as a psychologist, working as a consultant to different school districts in the area.

The Raging Bull
09-08-2006, 10:30 AM
I'm at high school presently and I am an A/B student.

When I leave school I want to go to college and get my A levels and apply to become an RAF fighter pilot :cool:

Exige Jr
09-08-2006, 11:08 AM
I'm at high school presently and I am an A/B student.

When I leave school I want to go to college and get my A levels and apply to become an RAF fighter pilot :cool:
Excellent career choice mate. If you are good enough to do it, you will be respected by anyone. Theres not much more important than defending your country.

Btw, make sure you choose your A-levels wisely with that in mind. I am not an expert but I know a little about it with a few friends in that sort of area, and I would say think about English, Maths, Geography, maybe even History. Stick to academic subjects.

The Raging Bull
09-08-2006, 11:53 AM
Excellent career choice mate. If you are good enough to do it, you will be respected by anyone. Theres not much more important than defending your country.

Btw, make sure you choose your A-levels wisely with that in mind. I am not an expert but I know a little about it with a few friends in that sort of area, and I would say think about English, Maths, Geography, maybe even History. Stick to academic subjects.

Thanks mate. I've wanted to defend my country since I can remember and I am on the right track for it to happen :)

I have spoke to a few officers in the RAF ( I have contacts because my uncle is a marine and lives on the same base as the RAF) and they said you need two A levels at least to go straight in as a pilot. I am thinking about English and Business studies, maybe maths. They are my strong points.

Oh and R.E :)

Ta Khent
09-08-2006, 12:06 PM
I went to the University of New Orleans.
I finished with a BS in Accounting (Cumme Laude) and MS in Taxation (Summa Cumme Laude).
I currently have two certifications: CPA (2nd highest score in the State of Louisiana) and CFE.

MANGLER
04-02-2010, 03:27 AM

I went to Cuyahoga Community College in Parma at first. Just took up a buncha different courses to get a feel for what I really wanted to get into. I ended up decidin I wanted to get into business.

I was gonna go to ITT Tech, but that **** was expensive as hell. My GF at the time suggested I set up a tour of Bryant & Stratton college, anotha campus in Parma. It's a lot smaller, a lot better, and a lot cheaper. I talked to the career services director and she told me to stick to business. Everything in Cleveland was all goin to IT and medical, so the business jobs were all open. No competition for em. And every job is a business of some kind, so there's more **** I could do wit that degree.

I got on the 16 month program. I ain't wanna take no breaks cuz I knew I wouldn't wanna go back once I stopped. I majored in business administration, got my Associate of Applied Business from there.

Had a couple different jobs at a few different offices. All paid solid but I ended up leavin for one reason or anotha. Now I'm senior corporate account manager at Central Payment Corporation. I do interviews and trainin for noob reps, set up credit lines and house services for small business owners. I got promoted after 6 months, so I went from workin at home, settin up my own client presentations independently to helpin run the office. In 18 months I should be runnin ****. I'm the #3 guy at my office right now.

Hi-Dro
04-02-2010, 12:30 PM
a dietician or sports nutritionist