View Full Version : Euthanasia : Right or Wrong?

FeelTheA-Force
09-04-2006, 06:56 PM
Discuss........

Nacho_Analstain
09-04-2006, 07:04 PM
whats euthanasea?

* FeistyWench *
09-04-2006, 07:15 PM
whats euthanasea?
mercy killing/assisted suicide.

perdonally if someone wants to die they should do it themselves.
if someone i loved begged me to kill them becuase they were in so much pain or whatever, i could never do it. however, if they had a do not resuscitate order, i would respect that.

Nacho_Analstain
09-04-2006, 07:17 PM
oh ok,well it really depends on the situation,i dont think ide be able 2 do it but if i saw sum 1 i loved in so much pain,say from an illness or sumthin then maybe i could

Nacho_Analstain
09-04-2006, 07:18 PM
o and for the question i dont think its wrong,if sum 1 can do it for a person it means they love them and want the best 4 them not want them dead...

jason100x
09-05-2006, 08:50 AM
I believe if someone is in enough pain, they should be able to choose whether they want to live or not.

Nacho_Analstain
09-05-2006, 09:06 AM
yeh exactly,nice way of puttin it

The Noose
09-05-2006, 11:40 AM
Trouble is that wen ur very sick and in serious pain, it could mean ur not thinking straight, or are severely depressed.

Maybe the pain will pass, and u were glad u didnt choose death.

Sane Man
09-05-2006, 12:05 PM
It's that persons descion whether they want to die or not, i personally think it should be allowed as some people are in some much pain that they beg to be allowed to die and that is why i think that it should be up to that person whether they want to end their suffering or carrying on fighting

LHWchamp5
09-05-2006, 12:34 PM
I think if it's the USA prez yes.. Deffinatly euthanized the least humanly possible..

THE REAL NINJA
09-05-2006, 01:06 PM
Yes I do think that people in a great deal of pain should have the choice.

The Raging Bull
09-05-2006, 01:59 PM
I think it should be allowed if the person is terminally ill and really wants to die sooner.

There is no point in keeping someone alive if the only thing that is happening to them is suffering. And with the chances of people finding cures for terminal diseases slim, they should be put to rest if they really want to.

K-DOGG
09-05-2006, 03:27 PM
Tricky question.

Well, this is the way I look at it, anyway. This "problem" has only really come about in recent times due to the technology we have developed which is capable of keeping people alive when they would have died naturally without it. This means, by keeping people alive, we are "playing God", so to speak and initiating an "unnatural" act of prolonged life. Take away the technology; and you take away the morality of such a question because you take away to need to even ask it because nature would take it's course.

So, since the natural state of someone on "life-support" would be death, I see nothing wrong with letting nature take it's course if that is the person's wishes.

As far as "killing someone" to end suffering is concerned, that's another story. No person has to right to ask a loved one to end their life for them to end suffering because the person who "pulls the trigger", so to speak, is going to have to live with that act on their conscious or on their mind for the rest of their lives. If a person is suffering and wants to end it, plain and simple, it's their responsibility to carry it out. Of course if a loved one makes a conscious decision to help them with it, that's their call; but they need to realized it's going to be looked at by law enforcement as murder or, at the very least, criminal in some shape or another; and they need to be prepared to face the consequences of taking such an action.

SonnyG8R
09-22-2006, 10:47 AM
I believe in it 100% on moral and ethical grounds. I think the law is completely ****ed up when it comes to this issue. if somebody is in constant horrible pain and suffering from an inoperable disease they should have the right to death with dignity. It is a personal choice that does no harm to anyone else. The fact that the law sticks it's nose into this very private and personal decision is bordering on a sin.

platinummatt!
09-22-2006, 10:49 AM
Of mice and men. Read that