View Full Version : Jobs You Did As a Kid

Rampage*
08-31-2006, 07:43 AM
This thread has some E-potential I suppose :D

I'm curious to hear about your lemonade stand etc.

When I was a kid I worked as a paper boy - and I also worked as an Alter Server at a church for weddings :D

Cockyb
08-31-2006, 08:26 AM
im 19, so stil a kid lol

these r al my part time jobs! -

telesales- just sit n try n sell windows n conservatories! dnt think i sold one lol! most boring job and it gives u da biggest headache!

shop floor / sales - done this at many places! not bad wen da managers are aite!

packing! lol - this job kills it, u sit in one place, or at one place u had to stand, n simply place an item in2 its packet, for about 8 - 12 hours solid! time doesnt drag, time stops wen u do this lol!

cement factory - basicaly i stacked cement sacks on a pallet! each sack weighed 20kg, so imagine doin a 8hour shift lol! sum ppl do it day in day out, dnt know how dey survive! horrible job!

i think dats me summed up! so far dat is! im sure il get more part time jobs in da near future!

safe

-GBGQ-
08-31-2006, 09:50 AM
First job was at the mutha****in GAP.

Velour
08-31-2006, 09:53 AM
First job was at the mutha****in GAP.

is that your girlfriend in your avatar?

-GBGQ-
08-31-2006, 09:56 AM
is that your girlfriend in your avatar?

No, it's my wife.........as soon as I meet her. haha.

It's Victoria Secret model Marisa Miller. AKA my wife.

King Koyle
08-31-2006, 10:09 AM
As a young kid,I raked neighbors lawns for cash.But that's probadly it.I guess I was a lazy bastard!But I had plenty of early teen jobs.I worked in a donut shop(Honeydew),dog kennel,video store(Blockbuster),and three supermarkets.I also worked security when I left highschool.My two favorites out of the aforementioned jobs would have to be the dog kennel and the security job.But both eventually wore me down!The security job was good because I did absolutely nothing,and had a lot of time to read and such.But the night shift(11-7)drove me crazy!The dog kennel was also good for a while because I simply love dogs.But after about two years of constant barking I had enough.The ear plugs they gave me didn't work.Around holidays it was usually me and one other person with about four or five hundred dogs.Im now working in the mortgage biz.

PATO 1
08-31-2006, 12:10 PM
ONLY JOB I DONE WAS WHEN ME AND 3 OF MY friends wanted to watch the de la hoya vs mosley re-match, but my mum woldnt pay for it, so we washed every person's car in my close

Mosley UD :D

Nacho_Analstain
08-31-2006, 12:52 PM
washin cars,paper round,sellin all my stuff,washin pots in a restaraunt,lol

RAESAAD
08-31-2006, 01:11 PM
I sold Candy in middle school,drugs in highschool and for a few years after.....I have also detailed cars, cleaned windows,waited tables and have been at my current job for almost 8 years......I do marketing and advertising for a water treatment company.

BrooklynBomber
08-31-2006, 01:44 PM
Selling dope, I dunno.

SonnyG8R
08-31-2006, 10:29 PM
Selling dope, I dunno.

:D

Detailing cars and boats in highschool.

Dishwasher when I was about 12-13.

mowing lawns when I was 10.

neils7147933
08-31-2006, 10:34 PM
I had an afternoon paper delivery route - 60 houses or so - that I did from 7 or 8 to 13, I believe.

At 14, I worked Saturdays at an herb/gift shop for four years and off-and-on later.

At 16, my first *get a W-2* job, I worked as a dishwasher and bus boy at the Holiday Inn Terrace Restaurant.

At 17, I worked at a 4-screen movie theater downtown.

The Summer prior to my freshman year of high school I worked at a food booth in Old Indiana Fun and Water Park.

After one year of college when I decided not to immediately return, I got a job at Fujicolor Processing doing quality inspections, hanging and loading rolls of film in a darkroom, notching negatives, and printing paper rolls from them.

Ta Khent
09-01-2006, 02:32 PM
I sold a massive amount of drugs from the time I was 13 up until 20. I'm talking Pablo Escobar like.

THE REAL NINJA
09-01-2006, 03:33 PM
Worked with my dad installing carpet painting and other maintenance work after school from age 8 or so until I was old enough to stay home by myself. Age 15 or so Worked at a hotel washing dishes helped make some food and also was parking lot attendant one year . Did one day of detasseling corn around the same time would rather walk on hot coals then do it again.1st legal job was at the old Pacemaker grocery store here in Rockford. Did everything but cash there endded up with cleaning the meat room as my main job there. Burger king was my last stop as far as 'kid' jobs go I did everything there for a few years before I started working as an insulation installer.

K-DOGG
09-01-2006, 04:02 PM
I mowed lawns; as a kid.....and found out my rates were like $15 dollars lower than everybody else after I quit. :mad:

BrooklynBomber
09-01-2006, 04:51 PM
But seriously, I was doing a lot of different stuff, from working in a medical office to promoting parties, to doing some charity work at centers for disabled.
I have done tons of different jobs and not all of them were for money.

The Missing Lin
09-02-2006, 02:47 AM
Paper Route
Bus Boy
Carpet Warehouse
Taco Bell
McDonalds (less than a week)
Circle K

I think that puts me up to my 18th birthday.

* FeistyWench *
09-02-2006, 11:51 AM
This thread has some E-potential I suppose :D

I'm curious to hear about your lemonade stand etc.

When I was a kid I worked as a paper boy - and I also worked as an Alter Server at a church for weddings :D
First job: working in my mom & step-dad's restaurant as a child. I peeled shrimp, pounded veal and chicken into cutlets, basic prep stuff. i earned .25 a day at first but was getting .75 a day when i stopped working. talk about child labor laws! lol!

i babysat and worked for an ice cream shop on the beach when i was still young (working for cash). i always gave people way too much ice cream. lol! i also had a tendency to give all my friends free ice cream. :o

i was a hostess at a dinner theater as my first "real" job when i was a freshman in highschool. then i got a job cleaning banks (just vacuuming and dusting/cleaning counters). finally, i worked as a waitress for about 3 years (sophmore - senior year).
my last job before going off to college was working for a travel agency, not as a travel agent, but as a book keeper and receptionist.

in college i was a waitress and a nanny until i finally got a job in my field during graduate school.

Exige Jr
09-02-2006, 12:37 PM
First job: working in my mom & step-dad's restaurant as a child. I peeled shrimp, pounded veal and chicken into cutlets, basic prep stuff. i earned .25 a day at first but was getting .75 a day when i stopped working. talk about child labor laws! lol!

i babysat and worked for an ice cream shop on the beach when i was still young (working for cash). i always gave people way too much ice cream. lol! i also had a tendency to give all my friends free ice cream. :o

i was a hostess at a dinner theater as my first "real" job when i was a freshman in highschool. then i got a job cleaning banks (just vacuuming and dusting/cleaning counters). finally, i worked as a waitress for about 3 years (sophmore - senior year).
my last job before going off to college was working for a travel agency, not as a travel agent, but as a book keeper and receptionist.

in college i was a waitress and a nanny until i finally got a job in my field during graduate school.
Arent you a businesswoman now or something?

I am a full time sponger/amateur boxer... :cool:

* FeistyWench *
09-02-2006, 03:15 PM

currently i am a self employed pyschological consultant to school districts. They look for my expertise and advice when they have students with various "issues". i basically come in and "diagnose" the problems and give them recommendations as to the best way to address the issues so the student can be as successful as possible (academically, socially, emotionally, behavirally). i also do trainings for teachers. so, yeah..kinda a businesswoman. ;) :p

are you not taking classes anymore?

PATO 1
09-02-2006, 03:41 PM
i start my apprenticeship in 2weeks

Cutthroat
09-02-2006, 03:44 PM
I've never really done any jobs to get paid, my mom's boyfriend gets me to build things a lot though. Like we fix up the house and the yard. The hardest thing I've ever had to do was to help him build a pretty big shed when I was around 13 years old. The boards were heavy so it took my bro and I (he was around 7) kind of a long time to transport them. Then we finally had to cut them into a good size and I had to do all this stuff... It really sucked up my energy.

RAESAAD
09-02-2006, 04:22 PM

Exige you are hitting puberty you are looking older and meaner in your web cam pics......

Exige Jr
09-02-2006, 10:15 PM
Exige you are hitting puberty you are looking older and meaner in your web cam pics......
My friend I hit puberty by the time I posted that first pic. But like I said at the time, it was a real bad picture of me. It made me look really young. My looks havent changed much in the past year, so for instance that picture there <<< is basically what I looked like when I was being told I look 12 etc. Photo's can be misleading. :)

Feisty I finished my years of college. The only thing ahead of me now is University, which is all dependent. I have my A-levels now... and im just living it up. But I need to get a job and sort myself out quickly from this point. :)

!! AI-Holmes!!
09-02-2006, 10:46 PM
My first job as a kid was pumping gas and cleaning windshields for tips, an after school gig.

MANGLER
01-04-2010, 01:49 AM
stocked **** at Kmart

stocked, bagged groceries, cleared lot carts at Tops

stocked, washed dishes at Beuhler's bakery

stocked, priced ****, unloaded trucks, priced merchandise at Big Lots

washed dishes at Applebee's