View Full Version : Favorite comedian(s)?

* FeistyWench *
08-24-2006, 09:19 PM
i went to my sister-in-laws house on Sunday and they kept going on and on about how great this one comedian was. i guess they had recorded one of his shows and just had to have us watch it. it definitely wasn't my type of humor. they were laughing hysterically and looking at me like i was crazy cuz i wasn;t laughing. lol! hey different strokes, i guess...

i was just wondering what you think is funny comedy.

Dirt E Gomez
08-24-2006, 09:37 PM
Bob Saget, Robin Williams, Eddie Murphy, Richard Pryor, George Carlin, and I happen to FInd Larry Miller ridiculously funny for some reason.

neils7147933
08-24-2006, 09:54 PM
Off the top of my head (and of course subject to later additions):

Stand-ups: Bill Hicks, George Carlin, Sam Kinison, Doug Stanhope, Richard Pryor, Robin Williams, Eddie Griffin, Eddie Murphy, Wendy Liebman, Steven Wright, Sinbad, Rodney Dangerfield

Comedy actors/writers In movies: Woody Allen, Steve Martin, Chevy Chase, Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Jim Carrey, Eddie Murphy, Charles Chaplin, Harold Lloyd, Buster Keaton, Will Ferrell, Mel Brooks, The Marx Brothers, The Three Stooges, Laurel & Hardy, Kevin Smith

Comedy actors on TV: Don Knotts, Michael J. Fox, Bill Cosby, Martin Lawrence, Lucille Ball, Dick Van Dyke, Ed O'Neill, Carroll O'Connor, Thomas Haden Church, Steve Howey

Sketch comedy: Adam Sandler, Chris Farley, Damon Wayans, David Alan Grier, Jim Carrey, Jamie Foxx, Carol Burnett, Rob Schneider, Mike Myers, John Belushi, Tommy Davidson, Kelly Coffield, Phil Hartman

Music: Weird Al Yankovic, Rodney Carrington

Radio: Bob and Tom, Dr. Demento, Howard Stern

MR. V
08-24-2006, 09:56 PM
eddie murphy, dave chappell, seinfeld

Cutthroat
08-24-2006, 10:02 PM
Carlos Mencia, Richard Pryor, Paul Rodriguez, George Lopez, Dave Chappelle

!! AI-Holmes!!
08-24-2006, 10:04 PM
This guy right here.
http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/1454/agingcarlinzr1.gif (http://imageshack.us)

* FeistyWench *
08-24-2006, 10:14 PM
Bob Saget, Robin Williams, Eddie Murphy, Richard Pryor, George Carlin, and I happen to FInd Larry Miller ridiculously funny for some reason.
bob saget??? :eek: :D

-Antonio-
08-25-2006, 03:29 AM
I loved Chapelle ever since his killin me softley standup. Eddie Griffin is good, John Lequezamo's sexaholics I enjoyed a lot. Jamie Foxx is good. Chris Rock, George Carlin...

Smashing
08-25-2006, 04:10 AM
Steve Coogan's character Alan Partridge
ahh haa

Hitman18
08-25-2006, 04:45 AM
Eddie Griffen, George Lopez, Carlos Mencia, Dave Chappelle, Adam Sandler is funny in movies, Chris Rock, and more.

King Koyle
08-25-2006, 11:50 AM
-Dave Chappelle
-George Carlin
-Robin Williams
-Dane Cook
-Bill Murray
-John Candy
-Chris Farley
-Chevy Chase
-Jack Black
-Adam Sandler
-Jerry Seinfeld
-David Spade

Cutthroat
08-25-2006, 06:18 PM
**** yea eddie griffin is ****en funny. That dysfunktional family thing he made on comedy central was funny as hell. Dane Cook is also funny

Built 2 Last
08-25-2006, 06:38 PM
russell peters
richard pryor
chapelle

The Noose
08-25-2006, 08:08 PM
Sacha Baron Cohen (Ali-G, Borat, Bruno). He is fookin funny.
Avid Merrion is funny.

Laurel and Hardy are always funny. Apart from wen theyre not.
Bill Hicks i love.
Eddie Izzard is great.
Chris Morris (The Day Today, Brasseye)

Monty Python, The Young Ones, Benny Hill.
Curb your Enthusiasm.

And i always loved Gene Wilder in Young Frankenstien.

SonnyG8R
08-25-2006, 08:30 PM
Off the top of my head (and of course subject to later additions):

Stand-ups: Bill Hicks, George Carlin, Sam Kinison, Doug Stanhope, Richard Pryor, Robin Williams, Eddie Griffin, Eddie Murphy, Wendy Liebman, Steven Wright, Sinbad, Rodney Dangerfield

Comedy actors/writers In movies: Woody Allen, Steve Martin, Chevy Chase, Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Jim Carrey, Eddie Murphy, Charles Chaplin, Harold Lloyd, Buster Keaton, Will Ferrell, Mel Brooks, The Marx Brothers, The Three Stooges, Laurel & Hardy, Kevin Smith

Comedy actors on TV: Don Knotts, Michael J. Fox, Bill Cosby, Martin Lawrence, Lucille Ball, Dick Van Dyke, Ed O'Neill, Carroll O'Connor, Thomas Haden Church, Steve Howey

Sketch comedy: Adam Sandler, Chris Farley, Damon Wayans, David Alan Grier, Jim Carrey, Jamie Foxx, Carol Burnett, Rob Schneider, Mike Myers, John Belushi, Tommy Davidson, Kelly Coffield, Phil Hartman

Music: Weird Al Yankovic, Rodney Carrington

Radio: Bob and Tom, Dr. Demento, Howard Stern

Are you sure you don't want to list a few more. :D

Seriously though, nice list. Cheech Marin and Tommy Chong were 2 glaring omissions I noticed.

Round 1
08-25-2006, 09:16 PM
Steven Wright
George Carlin
John Candy
Chris Farley
Howie Mandell.

neils7147933
08-26-2006, 02:18 AM
**** yea eddie griffin is ****en funny. That dysfunktional family thing he made on comedy central was funny as hell. Dane Cook is also funny
Voodoo Child is way better than Dysfunktional Family. If you haven't seen it, get a copy...

sleazyfellow
08-26-2006, 05:14 AM
chris farley, jack black (b4 he went all hollywood) and david cross, bob odenkirk...if u ever get the chance to watch Mr.show with bob and david..thats the most i laughed at a comedy sketch show besides chris on snl when he was on it

Exige Jr
08-26-2006, 06:09 AM
My taste in comedy is so messed up. Im the type of person to sit in a room full of people and piss myself laughing whilst everyone else just stares in amazement... which makes it even more funny, so I laugh more.

Erm, I like:
- Harry Hill
- Norman Wisdom
- Jack Dee
- Ricky Gervais

And a whole load of others. But I wont go on, my taste in humour isnt normal.

Dirt E Gomez
08-26-2006, 09:30 AM
bob saget??? :eek: :D

If you're ever heard his comedy you'd know why. That is one dirty mother ****er. He also probably did more drugs while on Full House than I did during high school... and that's a scary thought.

Oasis_Lad
08-27-2006, 08:55 AM
what about this list

http://www.answers.com/topic/the-comedian-s-comedian

i watched this programe last night and would definelty make a lot of changes to the list

marvdave
08-27-2006, 08:59 AM
guys that make me laugh..regardless of field

Richard Pryor(The King)
Fred Willard
Martin Mull
Dave Chapelle
Cheech and Chong
Bill Cosby (old stand up days)
Steve Martin (stand up/album days)

King Koyle
08-28-2006, 11:46 AM
Steven Wright
George Carlin
John Candy
Chris Farley
Howie Mandell.

I loved Howie Mandell when I was a kid!Does anyone remember bobby's world?Or little monsters?Those were great!

King Koyle
08-28-2006, 11:49 AM
If you're ever heard his comedy you'd know why. That is one dirty mother ****er. He also probably did more drugs while on Full House than I did during high school... and that's a scary thought.

Have you heard rolling with Saget?LOL!

The Raging Bull
08-28-2006, 11:53 AM
I like a lot of comedians but my favourite are:

Peter Kay
Lee Evans
Jack Dee
Jimmy Carr
Billy Conolly

They are great comedians and also talented showmen.

K-DOGG
08-28-2006, 12:09 PM
I'm partial to storytellers; but have an appreciation for the masters of the one-liners as well. Preferably, I like comedians who have a "lesson" for their audience. Here are some of my favorites....

Bill Cosby
Richard Pryor
Chris Rock
Sam Kinnison
Ron White
Rodney Dangerfield
Henny Youngman
Alan King
Buddy Hackett
Eddie Griffin
Sinbad
Steven Wright
Larry The Cableguy....he's funny, I don't care who you are. ;)

MANGLER
01-06-2010, 02:51 AM
Eddie Murphy (old school)
Carlin
Katt Williams

Chris Rock fell off tho.