View Full Version : Top ten favorite horror movies

King Koyle
08-21-2006, 11:52 AM
Any fellow horror fanatics here?If so,lets hear your top ten(or top whatever).Here's mine!In no order!

1.Friday the 13th 1(most of the sequels too)
2.The fog
3.Freaks
4.Halloween 1
5.Amityville horror(first one)
6.Nightmare on elm street(You guessed it,the first one)
7.The hills have eyes(Orginal)
8.Pumpkinhead
9.Shocker(anyone remember this gem?)
10.It

RAESAAD
08-21-2006, 11:54 AM
:eek: I thought the Fog was on of the worst I had ever watched.I am not a big horror movie fan personally but I like Jason they were pretty cool.I liked Jason vs Freddy too.

King Koyle
08-21-2006, 11:59 AM
Jason versus Freddy was surprisingly good!Still don't know who actually won though.What do you think?

RAESAAD
08-21-2006, 12:08 PM
Jason versus Freddy was surprisingly good!Still don't know who actually won though.What do you think?
Jason won.......I think.It was suprisingly pretty good was'nt it.I thought I may be crazy for thinking so but glad to see I am not.

neils7147933
08-21-2006, 01:25 PM
I'm honestly not a big horror guy. I like dramas, comedies, documentaries better, but I can come up with 10 that are quite good:

Halloween
A Nightmare on Elm Street
The Sixth Sense
Psycho
Freaks
Rosemary's Baby
The Silence of the Lambs
28 Days Later
Aliens
Identity

I never cared for the Friday the 13th franchise; I've seen a half dozen or so of the films. Nightmare on Elm Street had a couple good sequels, including the underrated New Nightmare. Sometimes A Clockwork Orange is classified as a horror for some reason. If you include it as an option, it's my new #1. I also enjoyed the recent Shaun of the Dead, but view it as more of a comedy, like Dead Alive (Braindead), rather than a horror film.

King Koyle
08-21-2006, 03:22 PM
I'm honestly not a big horror guy. I like dramas, comedies, documentaries better, but I can come up with 10 that are quite good:

Halloween
A Nightmare on Elm Street
The Sixth Sense
Psycho
Freaks
Rosemary's Baby
The Silence of the Lambs
28 Days Later
Aliens
Identity

I never cared for the Friday the 13th franchise; I've seen a half dozen or so of the films. Nightmare on Elm Street had a couple good sequels, including the underrated New Nightmare. Sometimes A Clockwork Orange is classified as a horror for some reason. If you include it as an option, it's my new #1. I also enjoyed the recent Shaun of the Dead, but view it as more of a comedy, like Dead Alive (Braindead), rather than a horror film.

That's a good list.Especially freaks!What a classic!I also enjoyed Shaun of the dead.It was funny as hell,and had good special effects.I love the part when they notice the first zombie in their backyard,and they think she's drunk.So they just laugh their asses off at her.

Tito Fan 83
08-21-2006, 03:37 PM
I really liked Scream and Halloween.

Nightmare on Elm Street bored me.

Hard Boiled HK
08-21-2006, 04:09 PM
Fright Night
The Exorcist (old school version)

both pretty good.

-Antonio-
08-21-2006, 05:23 PM
New Nightmare is the only movie I remember really scaring me. I enjoyed most of the Halloweens. Friday the 13th movies are mostly comedy to me, just good movies if you feel like watching some heads chopped off and what not. I havent seen a good horror film in a while. A lot of people reccomended The Hills Have Eyes to me, however I didnt like it much. I actually like the newer Texas Chainsaw Massacre a lot.

K-DOGG
08-21-2006, 05:29 PM
Are we talking true horror or just gore?

jason100x
08-21-2006, 05:38 PM
The New Nightmare was actually a very good twist on the Nightmare On Elm Street series and breathed a bit of life into the, by then, dead franchise. I've always liked the Nightmare on Elm Street movies and the Friday The 13th movies.
There was a creepy movie that I saw as a kid, The Sentinel, that scared the crap out of me as a kid, probably wouldn't hold up as well if I saw it now. Freaks is a classic. The Hills Have Eyes was creepy.
I also liked the Phantasm series. The second was the best. Sometimes they were a bit hokey but the Tall Man was a great horror movie villain.

K-DOGG
08-21-2006, 06:09 PM
1. Psycho
2. The Omen (not that new crap, the original)
3. The Ammityville Horror (once again, the origical)
4. Texas Chainsaw Massacre (yup..you know which one)
5. Halloween
6. Friday The 13th
7. Salem's Lot
8. Can't remember the name of it; but it, like Amityville, involved a house and an old woman in the attic....creepy.
9. The Birds
10. Willard (yes, the original)

PATO 1
08-21-2006, 06:45 PM
i love most hallowen films so them

The Noose
08-21-2006, 08:46 PM
1.The Exorcist
2.Texas Chainsaw
3.Night of the Living Dead (zombie movies **** me up)
4.Dawn of the Dead
5.American Werewolf in London
6.The Shining (to me its horror, and amazing)
7.Audition (kinda borng, but the ending is fuuuuuucked up.....i recomened it)
8.Blair Witch
9.Carrie
10. The Wicker Man
11. The Evil Dead
12.Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer
13. Eraserhead (not horror, but freaky and uncomfortable)

Actually, i recommend them all.

The Noose
08-21-2006, 08:48 PM
1. Psycho
2. The Omen (not that new crap, the original)
3. The Ammityville Horror (once again, the origical)
4. Texas Chainsaw Massacre (yup..you know which one)
5. Halloween
6. Friday The 13th
7. Salem's Lot
8. Can't remember the name of it; but it, like Amityville, involved a house and an old woman in the attic....creepy.
9. The Birds
10. Willard (yes, the original)

Not Pet Cemetery?

That was kinda scary wen i was a kid.

Dr.Depravity
08-21-2006, 09:49 PM
The Exorcist
The Evil Dead 2
The Evil Dead
Shaun of The Dead
Night of the Living Dead
The Exorcist 3
The Exorcism of Emily Rose
Lost Boys
Army Of Darkness
House
The Changeling
Bubba Ho- Tep
Ju-On
Gin gwai
The Amityville Horror pts 1 & 2
Big Trouble in Little China
The Blair Witch.

Thats a long enough list for now.

08-21-2006, 10:01 PM
The Exorcism of Emily Rose is a awesome flick. Phsyco was great as well. When Bates hit his mother in the head with the shovel, that **** sent shivers down my spine.

phallus
08-21-2006, 10:05 PM
1.The Exorcist
2.Texas Chainsaw
4.Dawn of the Dead
8.Blair Witch
9.Carrie
10. The Wicker Man
11. The Evil Dead

henry 2 is awesome as well

08-21-2006, 10:06 PM
I never seen Henry or Henry 2.

Dr.Depravity
08-21-2006, 10:07 PM
The Exorcism of Emily Rose is a awesome flick. Phsyco was great as well. When Bates hit his mother in the head with the shovel, that **** sent shivers down my spine.

She just goes a little mad sometimes. We all go a little mad sometimes. Haven't you? :cool:

Dr.Depravity
08-21-2006, 10:07 PM
I havent seen Henry 2 but I have seen Henry. Its good.

08-21-2006, 10:09 PM
She just goes a little mad sometimes. We all go a little mad sometimes. Haven't you? :cool:
Remember The Shining. That is a classic. I have to watch that movie every time it comes on.

phallus
08-21-2006, 10:10 PM
Remember The Shining. That is a classic. I have to watch that movie every time it comes on.

me too, i love that part where shelley is running throught the hotel and she looks in that room where the guy is kneeling down in front of the other guy and wearing a bearsuit

Dr.Depravity
08-21-2006, 10:11 PM
Only the one with Jack though. If you can believe it Stephen King didnt like the first one with Jack. :confused: Thats why he made that other made for T.V. peice of ****. The book is good too. Ive been to the "Overlook" in Estes Park Colorado. Actually I didn't go inside but walked around the grounds.

Dr.Depravity
08-21-2006, 10:11 PM
me too, i love that part where shelley is running throught the hotel and she looks in that room where the guy is kneeling down in front of the other guy and wearing a bearsuit
That **** gives me wood everytime I see it. :cool:

phallus
08-21-2006, 10:15 PM
ever watched " May"? it has angela bettis in it...i wanna **** her in the worst way. she only has one eye, i bet she could wink me off

Dr.Depravity
08-21-2006, 10:18 PM
ever watched " May"? it has angela bettis in it...i wanna **** her in the worst way. she only has one eye, i bet she could wink me off
Yeah Ive seen that. I wanted to bang that **** too. She was building a man right? I know Ive seen it. It was pretty crazy. Didn't she bite that dudes lip and **** while they were getting ready to knock boots? Id tear that little nerdy ***** up. :cool:

jason100x
08-21-2006, 10:19 PM
Yeah, The Shining is a great horror movie.

08-21-2006, 10:19 PM
Only the one with Jack though. If you can believe it Stephen King didnt like the first one with Jack. :confused: Thats why he made that other made for T.V. peice of ****. The book is good too. Ive been to the "Overlook" in Estes Park Colorado. Actually I didn't go inside but walked around the grounds.
Is that where they have the maze?

Dr.Depravity
08-21-2006, 10:22 PM
Is that where they have the maze?
Yeah the maze is in the first movie. The book and the second movie has animals. At least the book had em. No wonder Kubrick changed it. :D

phallus
08-21-2006, 10:25 PM
Yeah the maze is in the first movie. The book and the second movie has animals. At least the book had em. No wonder Kubrick changed it. :D

Kubrick was wise to change things, he made an above average horror story into the greatest haunted house movie of all time. all of kubrick's films are pure greatness, and yes, i've seen them all

08-21-2006, 10:25 PM
I've only seen the one with Jack in it. I've always wanted to read the book. I read the book One Flew Over The CooCoo's Nest by Ken Kessey. The book was better than the movie and the movie is good.

marvdave
08-21-2006, 11:51 PM
Halloween
Phantasm
Psycho
Exorcist

I'm sure more will come to me

RAESAAD
08-21-2006, 11:55 PM
1.The Exorcist
2.Texas Chainsaw
4.Dawn of the Dead
8.Blair Witch
9.Carrie
10. The Wicker Man
11. The Evil Dead

The original....was the ****.Hands down my favorite now that I have thought about it........

sleazyfellow
08-22-2006, 01:03 AM
1. dawn of the dead 78
2. evil dead
3. day of the dead
4. night of the living dead 1990
5. holloween
6. nightmare on elm street
7. evil dead 2
8. childs play
9. leprachuan
10. critters!! lol

The Raging Bull
08-22-2006, 10:44 AM
Mine are, in no particular order:

1)Candyman
2)Halloween 6
3)Childs play
4)Blair witch project
5)Shining
6)The Omen
7)Halloween
8)Exorcist
9)Wicker Man
10)Stigmata

King Koyle
08-22-2006, 03:40 PM
1. dawn of the dead 78
2. evil dead
3. day of the dead
4. night of the living dead 1990
5. holloween
6. nightmare on elm street
7. evil dead 2
8. childs play
9. leprachuan
10. critters!! lol

I used to love the critters movies!Especially the first one.Scott Grimes(Bradley)is from my hometown.I wonder where he's been lately.

JohnTheMon91
08-22-2006, 03:46 PM

1)Candyman
2)Halloween 6
3)Childs play
4)Blair witch project
5)Shining
6)The Omen
7)Halloween
8)Exorcist
9)Wicker Man
10)Stigmata

The first 4 of those are all C-movies, lol. then the rest kick ass.

The best horror ever is The Shining.

King Koyle
08-22-2006, 03:47 PM

1)Candyman
2)Halloween 6
3)Childs play
4)Blair witch project
5)Shining
6)The Omen
7)Halloween
8)Exorcist
9)Wicker Man
10)Stigmata

I've never seen wicker man.But i've heard good things.What's the basis of the movie?Is it a monster flick?Thanks!

The Noose
08-22-2006, 06:23 PM
I've never seen wicker man.But i've heard good things.What's the basis of the movie?Is it a monster flick?Thanks!
Its not a monster flick.
Its an old british horror film about a detective who is investigating a missing girl in a small village who are pagans.

He suspects they have sacrificed her to their gods, but they deny that. Just google it.
There is a remake coming out soon which im sure is as **** as all the other remakes.

The Noose
08-22-2006, 06:32 PM
Also, i dont think anyone has mentioned Hellraiser yet.
Plus i like The Howling.
Oh, and Straw Dogs.
Aaaaaand.......

.......The Thing. Sci-fi horror, but still an great classic horror film.

08-22-2006, 07:10 PM
The original....was the ****.Hands down my favorite now that I have thought about it........
You see one zombie movie you've seen them all.

King Koyle
08-22-2006, 09:27 PM
Its not a monster flick.
Its an old british horror film about a detective who is investigating a missing girl in a small village who are pagans.

He suspects they have sacrificed her to their gods, but they deny that. Just google it.
There is a remake coming out soon which im sure is as **** as all the other remakes.

Cool!I'll check it out.

The Noose
08-22-2006, 10:16 PM
You see one zombie movie you've seen them all.

Nah.
If the only zombie film you've seen is that peice of **** Land of the Dead, then you aint seen ****. Not wen compared to Night/Dawn/Day of the Dead.

Dr.Depravity
08-22-2006, 10:50 PM
I think I forgot to add Dead Alive to my list. :D

phallus
08-22-2006, 10:56 PM
Also, i dont think anyone has mentioned Hellraiser yet.
Plus i like The Howling.
Oh, and Straw Dogs.
Aaaaaand.......

.......The Thing. Sci-fi horror, but still an great classic horror film.

i like Straw Dogs, too...the last scene with the close up of the smile on Hoffman's face is a thing of beauty

SonnyG8R
08-24-2006, 03:18 AM
I'm surprised no one mentioned Hellraiser or hellraiser II.

It's late so I will come up with my ten tomorrow, but I will say this...The Shining, Alien I, Halloween I, and Silince of the lambs are right up at the top. :cool:

Oh yeah, Jaws was great too, I'm a little surprised no one mentioned that either.

Smashing
08-24-2006, 05:05 AM
did anyone mention the Thing...the part where they are tied up to the chairs testing blood..and one of the tied up blokes turns into an alien..and the other guys tied up are right next to it and can't get away..lol..man scary stuff..evry one suspects everyone else and kurt Russel is walking around with a bomb strapped to him cos he don't trust no one..great stuff..

The Noose
08-24-2006, 12:32 PM
What am i fcuking invisible??
I mentioned Hellraiser and The Thing.

Bastards!

King Koyle
08-24-2006, 01:25 PM

Bastards!

I hear ya Bobby!The thing was a great horror movie.I actually just saw it for the first time about a year ago.I heard they were making a remake.I don't know if it's true or not.But it wouldn't surprise since they seem to be remaking everything these days.Especially horror movies!The first hellraiser was good.But the sequels sucked IMO.

The Raging Bull
08-24-2006, 01:30 PM
I've never really liked Hellraiser. I just find it boring and cant get into it, yet I hear people raving about it all the time :rolleyes:

King Koyle
08-24-2006, 01:30 PM
did anyone mention the Thing...the part where they are tied up to the chairs testing blood..and one of the tied up blokes turns into an alien..and the other guys tied up are right next to it and can't get away..lol..man scary stuff..evry one suspects everyone else and kurt Russel is walking around with a bomb strapped to him cos he don't trust no one..great stuff..

Great scene!I soiled myself!

King Koyle
08-24-2006, 01:34 PM
I'm surprised no one mentioned Hellraiser or hellraiser II.

It's late so I will come up with my ten tomorrow, but I will say this...The Shining, Alien I, Halloween I, and Silince of the lambs are right up at the top. :cool:

Oh yeah, Jaws was great too, I'm a little surprised no one mentioned that either.

Good call on jaws!I probadly would have that on my top ten.

King Koyle
08-24-2006, 01:48 PM
Has anyone ever seen alice sweet alice?It's an old horror movie about a little girl(Alice)who's a serial killer.She starts killing random people in her apartment building.She wears that freaky little see through mask during most of the movie.

oldgringo
08-24-2006, 04:35 PM
The Shining
Puppet Master
High Tension
Scream
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Event Horizon
Alien
The People Under The Stairs
The Descent (good flick)
Silence Of The Lambs
Candyman

no particular order (thats 11)

MataLeao
08-24-2006, 05:35 PM
Nice list Mass Pride... I see you snuck the classic Pumpkinhead into the mix... I was surprised you didn't put the Gate in your list but oh well.
Here's my list in no particular order
1. Nightmare on Elm Street (the original)
2. The Entity (classic tale of a violent ghost)
3. The Exorcist (the greatest horror film of all time)
4. When a Stranger Calls (first 20 minutes are the most suspenseful in any horror/mystery film)
5. Halloween (love the music)
6. Amityville Horror (the original)
7. The Omen
8. Evil Dead (Mass Pride I'm disappointed you left this off your list)
9. Blair Witch Project (I know I'll get **** for it, but the first time I saw it I thought it was supposedly real)
10. The Sixth Sense (great story- very clever)
Honorable mentions go out to: Friday the 13th, Candyman, It, Hellraiser, and The Shining.

The Raging Bull
08-24-2006, 06:09 PM

Sixth sense is a great film, but I dont think it is part of the horror genre. It is more of a thriller than a horror :rolleyes:

(BTW I'm in a pedantic mood :o )

King Koyle
08-24-2006, 07:03 PM
Nice list Mass Pride... I see you snuck the classic Pumpkinhead into the mix... I was surprised you didn't put the Gate in your list but oh well.
Here's my list in no particular order
1. Nightmare on Elm Street (the original)
2. The Entity (classic tale of a violent ghost)
3. The Exorcist (the greatest horror film of all time)
4. When a Stranger Calls (first 20 minutes are the most suspenseful in any horror/mystery film)
5. Halloween (love the music)
6. Amityville Horror (the original)
7. The Omen
8. Evil Dead (Mass Pride I'm disappointed you left this off your list)
9. Blair Witch Project (I know I'll get **** for it, but the first time I saw it I thought it was supposedly real)
Honorable mentions go out to: Friday the 13th, Candyman, It, Hellraiser, and The Shining.

Good list Mataleao!The gate is definetly up there.But im not sure about top ten.You called me on the evil dead one though.That's one of my favorites.I also love the sequels!

King Koyle
08-24-2006, 07:10 PM
Sixth sense is a great film, but I dont think it is part of the horror genre. It is more of a thriller than a horror :rolleyes:

(BTW I'm in a pedantic mood :o )

I would label it horror.When I think of thrillers,I think of serial killers.The kid could see dead people for gods sake!It's horror with a twist.

Mech.
08-24-2006, 07:15 PM
The Shining
Puppet Master
High Tension
Scream
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Event Horizon
Alien
The People Under The Stairs
The Descent (good flick)
Silence Of The Lambs
Candyman

no particular order (thats 11)

1.Teh suck.
2.You know it Mofo

good list tho. Ditto on event horizon and alien.

you ****ed up with Scream though :nonono:

Personally the Exorcist is my all time fav,really well done.and all those George romero zombie flicks.

I also have to say.... Se7en
A great movie I dont need to watch more than once...****EDUP.

The Raging Bull
08-24-2006, 07:19 PM

Se7en is a ****ing classic but again, its a thriller :rolleyes:

Mech.
08-24-2006, 07:50 PM

Shut up dude, you can make a case that most horror movies are thrillers.

oldgringo
08-24-2006, 09:30 PM
1.Teh suck.
2.You know it Mofo

good list tho. Ditto on event horizon and alien.

you ****ed up with Scream though :nonono:

Personally the Exorcist is my all time fav,really well done.and all those George romero zombie flicks.

I watched scream when it first came out...i was like 12 or something. the ghostface costume freaked me out cuz i was home alone.

high tension probably had the most gruesome deaths ive ever seen. it was cliche at the end...but the brutal death scenes pretty much sealed it for me.

my 21 year old roommate ran into my room with fright while watching the first half of event horizon. funniest **** ever watching a grown ass man act like a little *****.

the last george romero land of the dead was better than i expected. the one with dennis hopper and john leguizamo.

Dr.Depravity
08-24-2006, 09:34 PM

Bastards!
Has anybody seen Bobby Peru around here lately? Haven't seem him post in awhile. :confused:

neils7147933
08-24-2006, 09:53 PM
Has anybody seen Bobby Peru around here lately? Haven't seem him post in awhile. :confused:
Never heard of him...

neils7147933
08-24-2006, 09:54 PM
I didn't really care for Se7en. I saw it when it came out in the theater and haven't revisited it...

neils7147933
08-24-2006, 09:54 PM
Shut up dude, you can make a case that most horror movies are thrillers.
Thrillers or slasher movies or suspense or sci-fi or a combination...

Many horror films are thrillers, but not all thrillers are horrors (smilie)

The Noose
08-24-2006, 10:02 PM
I didn't really care for Se7en. I saw it when it came out in the theater and haven't revisited it...

Im quite shocked by that. Its a modern classic with a great ending.

SonnyG8R
08-24-2006, 10:32 PM
Ok here is my list

1. The Shining ("Heeeeeeere's Johnny") Best scene ever in any horror flick
2. Alien (watching that little vicious alien burst through the guys stomach was awesome)
3. Halloween (The first time Michael Myers sat up when you thought he was dead I almost ****)
4. Silence of the Lambs ("I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti") Hannibal Lecter, what a character
5. Jaws (Kept an entire generation from going in the ocean)
6. Hellraiser I and II(Two of the few movies that I actually found scary)
7. Misery (Nothing like a proverbial psycho ***** to give you goose bumps)
8. An American Werewolf in London (Not sure if this even qualifies as a horror movie but it was a great flick. Loved the transformation scene)
9. Carrie (Classic early Travolta and Sissy Spacek, Oh the hells of high school)
10. The Sixth Sense (Again not sure if this qualifies but it was a great psychological thiller.)

Mech.
08-24-2006, 10:55 PM
I watched scream when it first came out...i was like 12 or something. the ghostface costume freaked me out cuz i was home alone.

high tension probably had the most gruesome deaths ive ever seen. it was cliche at the end...but the brutal death scenes pretty much sealed it for me.

my 21 year old roommate ran into my room with fright while watching the first half of event horizon. funniest **** ever watching a grown ass man act like a little *****.

the last george romero land of the dead was better than i expected. the one with dennis hopper and john leguizamo.

Did anyone mention...
http://www.monsterzine.com/200301/images/session9.jpg

Great movie,you should check it out Pringle.You know where to find me...

Dr.Depravity
08-25-2006, 07:11 PM
Did anyone mention...
http://www.monsterzine.com/200301/images/session9.jpg

Great movie,you should check it out Pringle.You know where to find me...
No. But I liked that movie. The building is ****ing awesome. I guess for a while they were giving tours of it. I cant remeber how many buildings are on the gronds but they are all connected by tunnels. I guess its shaped like a bat.

The Noose
08-25-2006, 08:25 PM
Ok here is my list

1. The Shining ("Heeeeeeere's Johnny") Best scene ever in any horror flick
2. Alien (watching that little vicious alien burst through the guys stomach was awesome)
3. Halloween (The first time Michael Myers sat up when you thought he was dead I almost ****)
4. Silence of the Lambs ("I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti") Hannibal Lecter, what a character
5. Jaws (Kept an entire generation from going in the ocean)
6. Hellraiser I and II(Two of the few movies that I actually found scary)
7. Misery (Nothing like a proverbial psycho ***** to give you goose bumps)
8. An American Werewolf in London (Not sure if this even qualifies as a horror movie but it was a great flick. Loved the transformation scene)
9. Carrie (Classic early Travolta and Sissy Spacek, Oh the hells of high school)
10. The Sixth Sense (Again not sure if this qualifies but it was a great psychological thiller.)

The ending to Carrie is still amazing. What a way to make an exit. Great film.
Ive never thought of Jaws as a horror movie. I guess it is. I watched it so many times as a kid. I became obsessed with sharks.

The Noose
08-25-2006, 08:55 PM
I still want to see Blair Witch 2.

Plus id like to add Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

The Donold Sutherland version. The ending took me by surprise. One of my favourite endings to any film.
Also, Dont Look Now, another great ending and classic Sutherland movie.

Oh, and The Fly. Love that film. "Be afraid.....be very afraid"

SonnyG8R
08-25-2006, 09:24 PM

The Donold Sutherland version. The ending took me by surprise. One of my favourite endings to any film.

I liked The Fly a lot myself. Funny how the guy became a sex machine when he was transformed.

The Noose
08-25-2006, 09:39 PM
I liked The Fly a lot myself. Funny how the guy became a sex machine when he was transformed.

Yea, but then his teeth and ears fell off. lol, he kept them all in his bathroom like ornaments.
Brundle fly.

phallus
08-25-2006, 10:29 PM

i've seen Blair Witch 2, it's decent

mr. bojangles
08-26-2006, 01:39 AM

memorable. one of the best scenes in thrillerdom!

mr. bojangles
08-26-2006, 01:42 AM
The Ring 1, disturbing horror flick, like Amityville 1

The Noose
08-26-2006, 01:56 AM
The Ring 1, disturbing horror flick, like Amityville 1

I liked most of the Ring (japanese version).

I really liked A Tale of Two Sisters. Its a Korean horror. More a psychological mystery, wit elements of horror.

Mech.
08-26-2006, 11:11 AM

I really liked A Tale of Two Sisters. Its a Korean horror. More a psychological mystery, wit elements of horror.

I thought it was kinda tame.

MetalVomit
08-26-2006, 12:58 PM
1.From Dusk Till Dawn
2.Freddy vs. Jason
3.Lost Boys
4.The Hills Have Eyes
5.House of 1,000 corpses

off the top of my head.

Dirt E Gomez
08-26-2006, 01:42 PM
1-10 are all The Shining.

phallus
08-26-2006, 09:55 PM

is that the one where the bird gets an abortion, and then she has a link to the dead?

why hasn't anyone mentioned Ichi the Killer yet? i really liked that film, Kakihara steals the show...in the manga, kakihara's penis gets spilt open lengthwise

The Noose
08-26-2006, 09:58 PM
I thought it was kinda tame.

Yea, i guess so. But its a bizarre mysterious film. It doesnt just hand u the story. U never really know wtf is going on.

And wen u realise wat happened, it is quite disturbing.

SPOILER:
Mother hangs herself in the closet, one of her daughters discovers her, but the closet falls ontop of her, trapping her in there with her dead mother, she tries to get out but cant and dies. Her sister doesnt hear her and racked with guilt goes insane, and is commited to a mental hospital. She believes that her sister is still alive, and her dad has a new girlfriend whom she hates. But in fact there is no new girlfriend, she is actually sleeping with her dad, and cannot come to terms with her sisters death.

But i only understood that after the second viewing.

The Noose
08-26-2006, 10:01 PM
is that the one where the bird gets an abortion, and then she has a link to the dead?

why hasn't anyone mentioned Ichi the Killer yet? i really liked that film, Kakihara steals the show...in the manga, kakihara's penis gets spilt open lengthwise

Its the one with japanese people in it is all i know. I dont think there is any abortion.

Ichi aint no horror film. More a ****ed up ultra violent perversion of cinema.

phallus
08-26-2006, 10:12 PM
Its the one with japanese people in it is all i know. I dont think there is any abortion.

Ichi aint no horror film. More a ****ed up ultra violent perversion of cinema.

there's another good japanese horror where this pretty japanese bird gets an abortion, and then she starts seeing dead people, i wish i could remember what the **** it's called. it's definitley worth watching

the traveler
08-27-2006, 02:48 AM
1.The Shining (One of my favorite movies ever, not just favorite horror. This movie is not scary to me now--though I was scared ****less by it as a 13 year old kid. The thing that makes me appreciate the movie so much more is the fact that I've read the book and have gotten a full understanding of what the story is about. Excellent book by Stephen King until the horrid ending.)

2.The Changeling (The Changeling is my 4th favorite movie of all time behind Requiem for a dream, American Movie, and The Killer. The story is amazing and captavating.)

3.The Omen (I actually find the 2nd one to be scarier. The weird thing about this film is that my nephew, 1 years old, has almost the exact same smile as the little boy had at the end of the movie. Very disturbing movie. In my opinion, the scene where the Damien's mother is in the hospital and turns around and sees MS. Blaylock standing there with one of the most evil faces you'll ever see, is one of the most classic scenes in horror.)

4.Halloween (I love this movie for the build up and the acting by Jamie Lee Curtis. Mike still scares me.)

5.Saw(Very disturbing. Most disturbing horror movie that I've ever seen. I still haven't watched the 2nd one because I was so put off by the first.)

6.Amityville Horror (This movie game me psychological problems for months when I watched it as a 17 year old. I've just read the book about a couple of months ago, and I'll say this, it's probably the scariest experience that I've ever had.)

7.Texas Chainsaw Massacre (Classic tale of kids lost in a deserted area. Fun movie, but in no way scary.)

8.Alien (I saw this when I was 5 and I was scared to sleep. I had nightmares from this every night for about 2 weeks straight.)

9.Damien: Omen 2 (What I like about this movie more than the first one is that Damien is older. It makes the horror of the anti christ that much more frightening. The ice skating death scene is one of the creepiest in horror.)

10.Halloween Ressurection (fun horror flick. Not scary at all, though. Busta Rhymes gave me a lot of laughs in this. lol at how he whups Mike's ass and then says, "I hope you never rest in peace.")

The Noose
08-27-2006, 01:45 PM
I didnt like Saw. I thought it was a Se7en rip off.

oldgringo
08-27-2006, 02:06 PM
oh hell yeah...add saw into my list. below average acting but great visuals and story.

King Koyle
08-28-2006, 11:44 AM

I wouldn't waste your time with blair witch two.It's one of the worst sequels I have ever seen.It just makes no sense whatsoever.

King Koyle
08-28-2006, 11:53 AM
1.From Dusk Till Dawn
2.Freddy vs. Jason
3.Lost Boys
4.The Hills Have Eyes
5.House of 1,000 corpses

off the top of my head.

House of 1,000 corpses was a good movie!I like Rob Zombie's style.It's a throwback to 80's horror.Have you seen the devils rejects yet?

King Koyle
08-28-2006, 12:03 PM
1.The Shining (One of my favorite movies ever, not just favorite horror. This movie is not scary to me now--though I was scared ****less by it as a 13 year old kid. The thing that makes me appreciate the movie so much more is the fact that I've read the book and have gotten a full understanding of what the story is about. Excellent book by Stephen King until the horrid ending.)

2.The Changeling (The Changeling is my 4th favorite movie of all time behind Requiem for a dream, American Movie, and The Killer. The story is amazing and captavating.)

3.The Omen (I actually find the 2nd one to be scarier. The weird thing about this film is that my nephew, 1 years old, has almost the exact same smile as the little boy had at the end of the movie. Very disturbing movie. In my opinion, the scene where the Damien's mother is in the hospital and turns around and sees MS. Blaylock standing there with one of the most evil faces you'll ever see, is one of the most classic scenes in horror.)

4.Halloween (I love this movie for the build up and the acting by Jamie Lee Curtis. Mike still scares me.)

5.Saw(Very disturbing. Most disturbing horror movie that I've ever seen. I still haven't watched the 2nd one because I was so put off by the first.)

6.Amityville Horror (This movie game me psychological problems for months when I watched it as a 17 year old. I've just read the book about a couple of months ago, and I'll say this, it's probably the scariest experience that I've ever had.)

7.Texas Chainsaw Massacre (Classic tale of kids lost in a deserted area. Fun movie, but in no way scary.)

8.Alien (I saw this when I was 5 and I was scared to sleep. I had nightmares from this every night for about 2 weeks straight.)

9.Damien: Omen 2 (What I like about this movie more than the first one is that Damien is older. It makes the horror of the anti christ that much more frightening. The ice skating death scene is one of the creepiest in horror.)

10.Halloween Ressurection (fun horror flick. Not scary at all, though. Busta Rhymes gave me a lot of laughs in this. lol at how he whups Mike's ass and then says, "I hope you never rest in peace.")

The second saw is way more disturbing than the first IMO.I have a strong stomach for horror.But one scene especially disturbed me!I had to fast forward through it.

Dr.Depravity
08-28-2006, 08:58 PM
oh hell yeah...add saw into my list. below average acting but great visuals and story.
I konw what you mean about the acting in Saw. Looks like everything was done on the first take.

The Noose
08-28-2006, 09:31 PM
I wouldn't waste your time with blair witch two.It's one of the worst sequels I have ever seen.It just makes no sense whatsoever.

yea but with horror movies its strange. A film thats crap to one person is great to another.

Dr.Depravity
08-28-2006, 09:41 PM
yea but with horror movies its strange. A film thats crap to one person is great to another.
I thought Blair Witch 2 was ok, nothing great but it was a little different than the norm.

phallus
08-28-2006, 10:28 PM
The second saw is way more disturbing than the first IMO.I have a strong stomach for horror.But one scene especially disturbed me!I had to fast forward through it.

i wouldn't say more disturbing, unless u mean that scene at the beginning where the dude was gonna have to dig the key out of his eye. saw 2 is a lot better than saw, except for one thing, the first saw had more good scenes with jigsaw/ jon kramer

phallus
08-28-2006, 10:29 PM
I thought Blair Witch 2 was ok, nothing great but it was a little different than the norm.

i really liked the part where erica was doing her naked wiccan dance

Dr.Depravity
08-28-2006, 11:22 PM
i really liked the part where erica was doing her naked wiccan dance
Damn right. I wanted to bang them witchy *****es.

Mech.
08-29-2006, 01:36 PM
House of 1,000 corpses was a good movie!I like Rob Zombie's style.It's a throwback to 80's horror.Have you seen the devils rejects yet?

I thought House of 1000 corpses was garbage.But Devil's Rejects was really good.

King Koyle
08-29-2006, 01:45 PM
I thought House of 1000 corpses was garbage.But Devil's Rejects was really good.

Yeah,I've heard a lot of people say that.But I like it!It reminds me of 80's horror.Corny,but fun!

King Koyle
08-29-2006, 01:48 PM
i wouldn't say more disturbing, unless u mean that scene at the beginning where the dude was gonna have to dig the key out of his eye. saw 2 is a lot better than saw, except for one thing, the first saw had more good scenes with jigsaw/ jon kramer

For some reason the pool of needles that women was thrown into disturbed me a little.I guess im not a needle person.

Chups
08-29-2006, 07:39 PM
Horror movie and favorite in the same sentence?

Question should be what's the scariest movie.

Changeling
The Ring

Katz
08-29-2006, 07:43 PM
identity <--- that kid is a killer.

The Noose
08-29-2006, 10:14 PM
Horror movie and favorite in the same sentence?

Question should be what's the scariest movie.

Changeling
The Ring

Very few movies are scary.
But Blair Witch scared me, i actually got more scared after a few days. The fact that u didnt see wat it was got to me.
My imagination is a bastard wen it gets going.

Wen i was a kid the Exorcist and Pet Cemetry had scenes that scared me.

Most recently i was stoned and watched Mulholland Drive and Open Waters. They are both great films and both had some scary moments.

phallus
08-29-2006, 10:18 PM
But Blair Witch scared me, i actually got more scared after a few days. The fact that u didnt see wat it was got to me.

Most recently i was stoned and watched Mulholland Drive and Open Waters. They are both great films and both had some scary moments.

i love Mulholland drive, it's one of my favorite films, and not just because naomi watts gets naked. the film has great characters, especially the cowboy

the traveler
08-30-2006, 04:36 AM
Mass, if that's the case then I'm definetly never watching Saw 2.

Here's why I find Saw so disturbing: To me, a death is a death, but it's the way that you're put to suffer that makes it worse. It's not just some average torture **** that's in that movie, it's some stuff that gets into your mind and makes you shudder.
It's the whole feeling of panic and the way that he tortures them psychologically that gets me. I was really repulsed by the reverse jaw trap and the barbwire scene.

A while back I was watching an episode of Forensic Files where this black guy, serial killer, used to build sex rooms and torture rooms where he'd take his victims, play with them, and then eat their body. It was so disgusting. That's what Saw reminds me of. Jigsaw got under my skin. The ending when he shut the door on the dark haired guy was really disturbing. Imagine that guy still laying there in the dark in chains.

the traveler
08-30-2006, 04:43 AM
Very Pet Cemetry had scenes that scared me.

Let me guess, Zelda scenes? Man, she's--well, it was actualyl a guy that played her-- is the creepiest thing that I've ever seen. Can you imagine being locked in the same room with her? Wow! And the, "Raaaaaaaaaaaaaachhhhhheellllllll," cries that she gives are enough to give you nightmares for life. I love the foggy lense that they used in those flashbacks.

King Koyle
08-30-2006, 01:05 PM

LOL!I love watching horror movies stoned!But that **** pussifies me.Im much more on edge :D

King Koyle
08-30-2006, 01:10 PM
Let me guess, Zelda scenes? Man, she's--well, it was actualyl a guy that played her-- is the creepiest thing that I've ever seen. Can you imagine being locked in the same room with her? Wow! And the, "Raaaaaaaaaaaaaachhhhhheellllllll," cries that she gives are enough to give you nightmares for life. I love the foggy lense that they used in those flashbacks.

The Zelda scene still scares me :eek: That was a guy?

King Koyle
08-30-2006, 01:16 PM
Mass, if that's the case then I'm definetly never watching Saw 2.

Here's why I find Saw so disturbing: To me, a death is a death, but it's the way that you're put to suffer that makes it worse. It's not just some average torture **** that's in that movie, it's some stuff that gets into your mind and makes you shudder.
It's the whole feeling of panic and the way that he tortures them psychologically that gets me. I was really repulsed by the reverse jaw trap and the barbwire scene.

A while back I was watching an episode of Forensic Files where this black guy, serial killer, used to build sex rooms and torture rooms where he'd take his victims, play with them, and then eat their body. It was so disgusting. That's what Saw reminds me of. Jigsaw got under my skin. The ending when he shut the door on the dark haired guy was really disturbing. Imagine that guy still laying there in the dark in chains.

If the first one freaked you out(like me)than the second one definetly will.Give it a watch!

The Noose
08-30-2006, 03:52 PM

Yep lol, that sister was freaky.
I have to watch it again to see if it has the same effect, i saw it maybe 14 years ago.

The Noose
08-30-2006, 03:56 PM
i love Mulholland drive, it's one of my favorite films, and not just because naomi watts gets naked. the film has great characters, especially the cowboy

Lynch has created some great characters, like me!
The scene in Mulholland Drive that got me was where they are in the diner, those two guys talking about a scary dream one of them had, which was actually about them talking in the diner. Is it a dream, or is it reality?

I actually prefer Lost Highway overall. ****in love that film.

the traveler
08-30-2006, 07:04 PM
The Zelda scene still scares me :eek: That was a guy?

Yup. From Amazon, "The role of Zelda, Rachael's dying sister, was played by a man. The role called for her to look emaciated, and apparently there were no women skinny enough.
7 cats were used to play the part of 'Church.'

The picture at Rachel's parents' house is a painting of Zelda as a child, before her spinal meningitis. Gage is later seen wearing a similar outfit (as well as having her red hair) to signify that Zelda has come back through him, which was Rachel's deepest fear."

King Koyle
08-31-2006, 11:53 AM
Yup. From Amazon, "The role of Zelda, Rachael's dying sister, was played by a man. The role called for her to look emaciated, and apparently there were no women skinny enough.
7 cats were used to play the part of 'Church.'

The picture at Rachel's parents' house is a painting of Zelda as a child, before her spinal meningitis. Gage is later seen wearing a similar outfit (as well as having her red hair) to signify that Zelda has come back through him, which was Rachel's deepest fear."

Cool!Thanks for the info.Now I feel like watching this movie again.

King Koyle
08-31-2006, 11:58 AM
Lynch has created some great characters, like me!
The scene in Mulholland Drive that got me was where they are in the diner, those two guys talking about a scary dream one of them had, which was actually about them talking in the diner. Is it a dream, or is it reality?

I actually prefer Lost Highway overall. ****in love that film.

Lost highway is a good movie.Although I still don't really understand it.Robert Blake's character freaks me out.This movie also had a great soundtrack if I remember correctly.

The Noose
08-31-2006, 01:50 PM
Lost highway is a good movie.Although I still don't really understand it.Robert Blake's character freaks me out.This movie also had a great soundtrack if I remember correctly.

Basically, The saxaphone guy cant get a hard on, and his marriage is falling apart, he suspects his wife is cheating on him and kills her, but is so much in denial that he escapes in his mind and enters a fantasy world where he changes into a young guy.

But then reality enters into his fantasy and ****s it all up.

The movie is shown through his mind, as he sees things, so nothing really makes sense because his mind is ****ed.

phallus
09-01-2006, 11:55 PM

the robert blake character, i think lynch called him, the mystery man, is one of the awesome parts of the movie. blake also killed his wife a few years after the movie.

the sound track has a lot of rammstein on it, i have it, it's good

Round 1
09-01-2006, 11:58 PM
I always enjoyed this horror flick.

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/1593/duckfk2.gif (http://imageshack.us)

King Koyle
09-07-2006, 01:04 PM
Basically, The saxaphone guy cant get a hard on, and his marriage is falling apart, he suspects his wife is cheating on him and kills her, but is so much in denial that he escapes in his mind and enters a fantasy world where he changes into a young guy.

But then reality enters into his fantasy and ****s it all up.

The movie is shown through his mind, as he sees things, so nothing really makes sense because his mind is ****ed.

I guess I did kind of get it.Thanks Bobby!

King Koyle
09-07-2006, 01:08 PM
the robert blake character, i think lynch called him, the mystery man, is one of the awesome parts of the movie. blake also killed his wife a few years after the movie.

the sound track has a lot of rammstein on it, i have it, it's good

Also some Manson,NIN,and Bowie I beleive.I've since lost it :mad:

King Koyle
09-07-2006, 01:12 PM
I always enjoyed this horror flick.

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/1593/duckfk2.gif (http://imageshack.us)

I guess it's been a while.I don't remember that homicidal duck from the orginal :D

MANGLER
01-04-2010, 03:13 AM
Friday the 13th (6 specifically)
Halloween
Jaws
Aliens
The Thing
Poltergeist (1st one)
It
Pet Sematary
House
Pumpkinhead