View Full Version : Pet Lovers

* FeistyWench *
08-18-2006, 10:25 AM
any of you have a pet or pets that you REALLY love and treat like a human???

I've never been overly attached to a pet. Maybe because I never had a dog??? But I know many people who have pets and treat them better than they treat most people. Like my in-laws, their dog is the center of their life (more so than their grandchildren). They bring their dog every where with them. They buy it dog clothes in the winter, make it homemade dog food, won't go on vacation because they can't bring the dog, worry about the dog being upset (fuss over it), won't leave the dog for long periods of time because the dog gets "lonely", they carry the dog like a baby and it is practically attached to them at all times, they talk about it none stop, and take pictures of it constantly. I know so many people who are like this and I just don't get it. lol!

PATO 1
08-18-2006, 10:32 AM
yep my aunties dog , whenever i sleep there it sleeps on tha top of the bed an everyhin funny like

JDizzle79
08-18-2006, 10:33 AM
i have a dog now that is practically human. she is definately part of the family

King Koyle
08-18-2006, 12:21 PM
I've had a variety of pets over the years.They were all great!Two dogs,one cat,two ferrets,two guinea pigs,one African grey parrot,two turtles,and numerous fish,hamsters,mice,and newts.

* FeistyWench *
08-18-2006, 12:24 PM
my father is like a dr. doolittle, he loves all animals. he has always treated his pers wonderfully but he has never gone over the deep end and got neurotic over his pets like some pets owners i have encountered. lol!

King Koyle
08-18-2006, 12:29 PM
my father is like a dr. doolittle, he loves all animals. he has always treated his pers wonderfully but he has never gone over the deep end and got neurotic over his pets like some pets owners i have encountered. lol!

I know exactly what type of pet owners you are talking about.I used to work in a dog kennel.Some of them are pretty scary :eek:

THE REAL NINJA
08-18-2006, 01:06 PM
Yeah I love the pit bull that I have now but not in the actig like he's a person way. My first dog that I got when I was about 6 a boston terrier also named ****e I loved to death as if he was my brother or something. He was about the same size as the pit i have and looked a lot like him huge for a boston but no fat at all just pure muscle .

* FeistyWench *
08-18-2006, 01:30 PM
I know exactly what type of pet owners you are talking about.I used to work in a dog kennel.Some of them are pretty scary :eek:
then you have the other extreme...those people who have a dog or cat who only lives outside...roams the neighborhood...basically is neglected. why do these people have animals?

we have a neighbor who has a dog and he is outside regardless of the weather (snow/ice storm, rain, or undearable heat). he has this ****ty little dog house that is rather pathetic. i imagine they feed him, but he howls constantly and roams the neighborhood. many people have called the police to complain about it, but nothing is really ever done.

K-DOGG
08-18-2006, 02:38 PM
I love animals, all kinds; but there's such a thing as taking "it" too far, IMO. There's nothing wrong with "communicating" or talking to your pet or even pampering them a little, I suppose; but when you put them on par or above your own species, human, that's a bit much and you are in need of a serious reality check.

That's my two cents, anyway.

phallus
08-18-2006, 07:06 PM
i knew this guy who slept with his pet cat, naked, it slept on his crotch. i often wonder if there was pnut butter and some licking involved, all i know is, he loved that cat. the guy's name was Rocky, he was a high school teacher, he had oral sex with one of his female students and went to jail. scary huh?

King Koyle
08-21-2006, 12:25 PM
then you have the other extreme...those people who have a dog or cat who only lives outside...roams the neighborhood...basically is neglected. why do these people have animals?

we have a neighbor who has a dog and he is outside regardless of the weather (snow/ice storm, rain, or undearable heat). he has this ****ty little dog house that is rather pathetic. i imagine they feed him, but he howls constantly and roams the neighborhood. many people have called the police to complain about it, but nothing is really ever done.

Exactly!Why buy a pet if you can't take care of it?

MANGLER
01-06-2010, 03:20 AM
any of you have a pet or pets that you REALLY love and treat like a human???

I've never been overly attached to a pet. Maybe because I never had a dog??? But I know many people who have pets and treat them better than they treat most people. Like my in-laws, their dog is the center of their life (more so than their grandchildren). They bring their dog every where with them. They buy it dog clothes in the winter, make it homemade dog food, won't go on vacation because they can't bring the dog, worry about the dog being upset (fuss over it), won't leave the dog for long periods of time because the dog gets "lonely", they carry the dog like a baby and it is practically attached to them at all times, they talk about it none stop, and take pictures of it constantly. I know so many people who are like this and I just don't get it. lol!

I ain't got my own pets cuz I'm too damn cheap and lazy to take care of em and clean up after em. But I luv my girl's cat. Whenever I'm at her house he always curls up to chill wit me. I used to have fish that I was really into as a kid. They were carnivorous so feedin em goldfish and watchin em eat was 1 of my favorite things BITD.

TBear
01-06-2010, 03:31 AM
My dogs are great. They are great friends and very loyal but I doubt I'd take them to the vet and get a lump removed for 3000$. They can just walk around like quasimoto for that much money.

I have a friend that found out him and his wife can't have children a while back, they give that love to their dogs. If their dog has cold they rush it to the vet because they are their family. I guess I can understand that too.