View Full Version : Where to for Ken now?

seldomTap
11-24-2002, 09:17 PM
SO Kens last 2 fights were ones he desperately wanted...Frye and Tito...he would have prepared himself to the utmost for both, but came out of both on the wrong side the W...

Will he fight in MMA again? Who will he fight? Who can generate the $'s that would be required to get Shamrock in the ring again and who would be marketable against him? Will he just go back to pro wrestling full time and training guys in Lions den?

Will he retire completely and sit back and count his cash?

HockeyFighter
11-24-2002, 09:36 PM
He still has 2 fights left on his contract. I think it is really a question of what division he fights in. He should go back to heavyweight since the UFC needs them bad. Throw him up against Rizzo with the winner getting a title shot. Or maybe Orlovski.

remco pardoel
11-24-2002, 09:39 PM
Ken is an icon in MMA
twice it went wrong letīs hope three times is not an charm for him

respect to tito for his job.

Bad Boy USA
11-24-2002, 10:16 PM
[quote:c07b82824e="seldomTap"]SO Kens last 2 fights were ones he desperately wanted...Frye and Tito...he would have prepared himself to the utmost for both, but came out of both on the wrong side the W...

Will he fight in MMA again? Who will he fight? Who can generate the $'s that would be required to get Shamrock in the ring again and who would be marketable against him? Will he just go back to pro wrestling full time and training guys in Lions den?

Will he retire completely and sit back and count his cash?[/quote:c07b82824e]

Ken Shamrock counting cash? What cash? He's got mondo financial problems, which is why he sold the lion's den.

Maybe Ken should try to collect social security.

realkaps
11-24-2002, 10:22 PM
I think its back to the WWE for Ken. Sence Tank is coming back, maybe they should have a fight.....

Mr. Beelzebub
11-24-2002, 10:32 PM
mmm...yeah...Tank vs. Kenny

seldomTap
11-24-2002, 10:58 PM
[quote:34dd8637d3="Bad Boy USA"]Ken Shamrock counting cash? What cash? He's got mondo financial problems, which is why he sold the lion's den.

Maybe Ken should try to collect social security.[/quote:34dd8637d3]

True, but he would be far from living on the streets...

Ken and Tank would be a different fight, but I think the near 100 lb weight difference would be a problem for the matchmakers there

realkaps
11-24-2002, 11:51 PM
They where supposed to fight at an UFC a while back, but Shamrock broke his hand or somthing and Nelmark replaced him.....

seldomTap
11-25-2002, 12:21 AM
That was a long time ago Kaps...before weight categories pretty much ended the days of the 50+lb weight difference.

realkaps
11-25-2002, 01:16 AM
Yeah I know.....

child supreme
11-25-2002, 01:27 AM
i think he should fight tank and then retire. go back to WWE and make some real cash...alot of cash!

seldomTap
11-25-2002, 02:09 AM
But would he still draw in WWE? He was never the most charismatic pro wrestler out there, even though his fights were technically good, especially with Bret and Owen Hart....he may not be deemed as a marketable guy anymore...

Bzob
11-25-2002, 10:34 AM
He is going to fight Tank....The fight that should have happened years ago. That is why Tank is back. Who else are they going to have him fight? Tank is good for a couple more ass whoopins and Ken will be first on his list

kcfman
11-26-2002, 01:17 AM
Ken should retire from mma altogether. Unless he devotes himself to mma and innovates himself. Not because he lost to Ortiz, but it is obvious that he is getting more finances from other contracts that he must oblige to. Times change. IMO