View Full Version : ok how was the yoshida fight?

hitmanrva10
11-25-2002, 02:18 AM
ok how can a judo guy beat a wrestler with his strenght........simply umbelievable

James Fulton
11-25-2002, 05:19 AM
1. Yoshida is a world class Judoka, placing second in the olympics a few years ago.

2. There was suspect of it being a work. I'm not saying it was a work, because I haven't seen it.

3. Strength isn't everything.

remco pardoel
11-25-2002, 07:09 AM
the biggest mistake is under rate an judoka.
the base is better because some one pulls and pushes on your gi.
a wider variety of throws
a lot of submissions

the only problem is that 65% of the judokaīs is only training at the clubs.
the are less competitive than wrestlers......

the 2nd problem is that they are more tradionial.
the most judo players donīt cross train and like to stick with judo only

krikit
11-25-2002, 08:48 AM
Yoshida by armbar!

realkaps
11-25-2002, 10:49 AM
I believe it, like I said before, I dont think Frye would risk an arm injury to sell people on Yoshida....

Bumble Bee Tuna
11-25-2002, 02:01 PM
It must be noted that Yoshida is a powerful individual within the 225 weight range, so it is clear he's no feather and he does pack power.

Second of all he's one of the best technicians when it comes to grappling, being a two time world Judo champion and Olympic gold medalist. That is no joke. The guy has technique and alot of experience.

The third biggest advantage a guy with his size, power, and technique has, as opposed to Royce, is his gi. Royce fought with a gi but couldn't fully utilize it to his advantage. Yoshida on the other hand used it to his advantage. The nature of the gi doesn't allow for slippery sessions while trying to attempt a submission. This is what gave him leverage over Frye and what gives the gi advantage over others that don't wear a gi.