View Full Version : Good news for UFC

Tanner Rhoden
11-05-2002, 08:46 AM
Source: MMAWEEKLY.COM
"Tickets continue to move out at a record pace for UFC 40. It looks as though the MGM has sold well over 10,000 and according to MGM officials, they should have no problem selling out the estimated 14,000 seat arena.

Right now it looks as though the 10,000 plus seats is an MGM record for ANY event. If you were trying to get the top of the line seats of $300 dollars, better luck next time. Those seats have been long gone.

Estimations by our staff or guestimations would tell you with the tickets sold, that would be just over a million dollars in ticket revenues so far!! Great news for Zuffa and we just hope the pay per view numbers will be just as encouraging. Tell your friends about the event and let's see if MMA can succeed in the United States. Support the sport!"

---------------------------------

It was pretty obvious this was going to happen, but this post is for all the doubters out there. Also, add this to the recent Co-sponsor Shark Energy Drinks and the future is looking brighter than ever.

---------------------------------

Here is a statement from Rick Davis, president of Arcadia Beverage Co.
-----------
"The Ultimate Fighting Championship is a growing sports brand, not only in the U.S. but also in Europe, Asia and South America. As the premier energy drink in the market, Shark's alliance with the UFC will allow us to increase our reach to the fight fans who form the core of our demographic"

pål johnsen
11-05-2002, 08:53 AM
i just wish i had ppv! that would be so great! just get together with some friends and have a fightnight once a month!

oh well.. i can allways go and catch a bear or something

Big_Papa
11-05-2002, 10:26 AM
you need ppv Pal.

remco pardoel
11-05-2002, 11:14 AM
i wish had ppv also
good news for the zuffa guys

James Fulton
11-05-2002, 03:55 PM
Great news. Hopefully we gain a lot of fans from this event. The PPV sales should skyrocket.

ParazIT
11-05-2002, 04:30 PM
WE don't have MMA in payper view here....

Yoshida
11-05-2002, 09:48 PM
I have 3 friend go to USA only to see Tito Ortiz fight with Ken Shamrock!! (they also go tourist for one week before but main reason to see fight!)