View Full Version : Best Chin EVER?

Cutthroat
08-13-2006, 12:08 AM
Which boxer do you think has the best chin of all time? (Any weight class)

BigSlick
08-13-2006, 12:44 AM
off the top of my head

Sugar Ray Robinson
Ali
Holyfield
Marciano
Hagler

Honorable Mentions
DLH - underrated chin
Morrales - untill pacman beat him he's never been knocked down cleanly.

Crazy Dude
08-13-2006, 01:11 AM
George Chuvalo
Never knocked down

LOLORSKATES
08-13-2006, 01:17 AM
Mayorga has a great one although he's been kayoed. I mean to take free hooks from Tito isn't something easy..

LOLORSKATES
08-13-2006, 01:19 AM
Just to add on to my last post. JCC Julio Cesar Chavez only been stopped due to cuts great chin.

NJFighter91
08-13-2006, 02:15 AM
Foreman, Ali, Marciano, Chuvalo come to mind for now.

Hous
08-13-2006, 02:28 AM
Trust me on this.

Joe Grim
George Chuvalo
Jake LaMotta
Rocky Marciano
Mavin Hagler
Muhammad Ali

See the complete list at http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70896&highlight=real+chins

My vote is Joe Grim, all he did was sit in the ring with his guard down and noone could KD him. His real name is Saverio Giannone born in Italy he fought well over 100 to possibly 300 fights and only won 10 of them. Can you imagine how many rounds that is?

hellfire508
08-13-2006, 02:55 AM
Chuvalo
McCall
Cobb
Grim
Hagler
LaMotta
Chavez
Morales
Monzon

czars_salad
08-13-2006, 03:01 AM
definitely hagler

Southpaw Stinger
08-13-2006, 07:59 AM
George Chuvalo and Jake Lamotta are the men with the most stone in their chins!

Yaman
08-13-2006, 08:43 AM
George Chuvalo
David Tua
Ike Ibeabuchi
Gerald Mcclellan
Marvin Hagler

THE best chins ever. Guys who have never been dropped, atleast not legit(Haglers slip, Tua's off balance kd after the bell, Gman taking a knee because of a ****ing bloodcott) and took a 1 punch ko punch without blinking sometimes.

pecker
08-13-2006, 08:51 AM
Marvellous Marvin's granite chin!!!

boski
08-13-2006, 12:27 PM
With out a doubt, George Chuvalo

Dempsey 1919
08-18-2006, 01:26 AM
George Chuvalo.

ferocity
08-19-2006, 08:21 PM
Nobody has mentioned Jose Luis Castillo, Cesar Soto, Wayne McCullogh, Hector Camacho Sr, Jose Luis Ramierez (only tko'd by the great puncher Ruben Oliveras)

BrooklynBomber
08-19-2006, 08:30 PM
Reandall "TeX" Cobb
Gearoge Chuvalo

Toddy
08-19-2006, 08:32 PM
arturo gatti :D

{BrownBomber}
08-19-2006, 09:00 PM
Wayne McCullogh

Dye
08-19-2006, 10:36 PM
actually Tua has been stopped in the amatuers

NJFighter91
08-20-2006, 12:37 AM
Archie Moore...

:D

tntkid
08-20-2006, 02:54 AM
Oliver McCall has a fantastic chin, I don't think I've ever seen him so much as wobbled never mind getting knocked down.

sleazyfellow
08-20-2006, 03:55 AM
gotta say chuvalo here too, the guy had a fat face, i guess that helped pad the blows even more

JuicyJuice
08-20-2006, 08:16 AM
Man, no mention of Eubank?? That guy's jaw was made from cast iron.

LondonRingRules
08-20-2006, 10:30 AM
Carlos Monzon and Marvin Hagler operated at the highest levels without hitch. Same with Rocky, Jimmy Barry and Eder Jofre.

hitman215
08-26-2006, 10:48 PM
I'd have to say hagler. he took some big shots from mugabi and hearns and wasn't dropped.

Dye
08-26-2006, 10:56 PM
Mercer had a great chin

lidsy
08-28-2006, 10:53 AM
La Motta
Chuvalo
Dempsey
Hagler
Ali
Hopkins
Robinson
Leonard
Monzon
Marciano
Toney
Lopez

bishop2006
08-28-2006, 11:14 AM
Zab Judah :p

Naah...LaMotta,Hopkins,Hagler,cnt b arsed 2 name d rest

The Raging Bull
08-28-2006, 11:59 AM
There is quite a few boxers from the past that had chins made of granite.

Ali (His chin was extremely under-rated)
Chuvalo (Fought a lot of fighters with hammer punches and he was still hard to put down)
La Motta (Just watch his fights with Ray Robinson
Ray Robinson (Just watch his fights with La Motta :) )
Leonard
Frazier (Could take haymakers all day)
Hagler

paul750
08-28-2006, 12:22 PM
I always think of Oliver McCall when someone mentions great chins, that guy is just a freak, Hagler of course, the pocket rocket, and many others. To the guy who mentioned Tua getting knocked out in the amatuers, come on get real, he was about 18, and got knocked out by Felix Savon, Tua is up there with the best chins too, no doubt.

Nacho_Analstain
08-28-2006, 12:39 PM
arturo gatti
micky ward
david tua
bernard hopkins

Amaro
08-28-2006, 01:03 PM
juan laporte, never was knocked out in 57 fights and believe me he faced some legends, from salvador sanchez,wilfredo gomez,julio cesar chavez,eusbeio pedroza and on and on

King Koyle
08-29-2006, 11:12 AM
I'll go with Marvin Hagler on this one.

honorable mentions-Muhammad Ali,Rocky Marciano,Jake Lamotta,Micky Ward,George Chuvalo,Ray Leonard,Ray Robinson,ETC.

FlashKO
09-03-2006, 12:03 AM
Mayorga has a great one although he's been kayoed. I mean to take free hooks from Tito isn't something easy..
HAHA true dat... :boxing:

mr.thraz
09-03-2006, 02:26 AM
i think with his preformance tonight, toney must be put on the list

Kid Achilles
09-03-2006, 10:17 AM
Definitely, Toney is up there in a pound for pound sense. A middleweight going up in weight (mostly fat) to heavyweight and taking the biggest puncher in the division's shots, without going down? Toney has the best chin in boxing today, that's for sure.

wmute
09-03-2006, 12:00 PM
yes Toney has to be up there now...

vandiar
09-03-2006, 12:19 PM
toney definitely needs to be up there now, dudes chin is unbelievable.

Cutthroat
09-03-2006, 01:27 PM
toney definitely needs to be up there now, dudes chin is unbelievable.

Yeah, he proved it in the Peter fight.

Memorex
09-03-2006, 11:05 PM
Definitely, Toney is up there in a pound for pound sense. A middleweight going up in weight (mostly fat) to heavyweight and taking the biggest puncher in the division's shots, without going down? Toney has the best chin in boxing today, that's for sure.
Why do you keep making fun of Toney? Yea he has fat on him but that short, blown up fat boy, beat up on supposedly the hardest punching heavyweight.

Stiv Rex
09-04-2006, 08:17 PM
every time the best chin question comes up almost everyone forgets about ray mercer. (except you dynamite). and yeah, toney deserves to be up there too, but hes always had a great chin, even before the peter fight.

Dye
09-04-2006, 09:39 PM
Has anyone heard of ray Mercer he took HUGE shots from Morrison and Bert Cooper and still did not go down, Mercer has a better chin then ALi or frazier

Dempsey 1919
09-05-2006, 12:40 PM
Mercer has a better chin then ALi or frazier

Yeah, sure buddy. :rolleyes:

Zigga
09-09-2006, 09:01 PM
Chris Eubabnk cud take rediculas shots and if he went down he was straight back up no worse for ware. Freakish. "it was a slip... a slip"

Southpaw Stinger
09-10-2006, 08:19 AM
Mercer has a better chin then ALi or frazier

Bull ****!

Toddy
09-10-2006, 08:52 AM
Archie Moore had an amazin chin

hemichromis
09-10-2006, 02:48 PM
Has anyone heard of ray Mercer he took HUGE shots from Morrison and Bert Cooper and still did not go down, Mercer has a better chin then ALi or frazier

better than fraziermaybe , mercer was very durable but i doubt his chin is better than ali's

paul750
09-10-2006, 02:52 PM
I'd say the Ray Mercer that took those Bombs from Lewis DID have a better chin than Ali, but i still think Oliver McCall is the biggest freak of them all.

SquareCircle
09-10-2006, 02:58 PM
mccall, then ali

SquareCircle
09-10-2006, 02:59 PM
youre crazy man, ali? FUUUUUUUCK NO. Mercer never received shots from a guy like FOreman so how you gonna say that?

Yaman
09-10-2006, 03:07 PM
youre crazy man, ali? FUUUUUUUCK NO. Mercer never received shots from a guy like FOreman so how you gonna say that?

Ali didnt receive enough shots from Foreman. If he did, then i would put him in the same breath as Mercer who took so many flush shots from

Tommy Morrison: One of the best left hooks ever, one of the hardest hittres.

Lennox Lewis: huge guy with one of the hardest right hands ever, and a lot of overall power.

Mercer did take shots like Ali did :rolleyes:

SquareCircle
09-10-2006, 03:16 PM
he was caught flush on the chin from foreman, and didn't even show that he was hurt, that's enough for me to rank him above mercer

Yaman
09-10-2006, 03:22 PM
he was caught flush on the chin from foreman, and didn't even show that he was hurt, that's enough for me to rank him above mercer

Hahaha. Talk about nuthugging.
That is a retarded argument. Foreman was not Superman! First of all, Foreman was not a 1 punch knockout fighter. Never was, never will. You should know since you're all over Ali's jocks. IF Ali took more shots from Foreman, he would have gone down. ALi took a real flush punch from Shavers, and he went down!
Mercer has taken a lot more flush shots from Morrison and Lewis without going down.
I guess this isnt gonna change your nutthing mind though.

SquareCircle
09-10-2006, 03:24 PM
by comparing morrison and lewis to foreman even in terms of power you've effectively owned yourself. THe only power shot Lewis had that was better than what Foreman had was a right uppercut. The only weapon MOrrison had better than Foreman was a left hook. FOreman's right hook, the one ali took a few of, was far more powerful than either blow from morrison or lewis.

paul750
09-10-2006, 03:25 PM
Lewis had huge power, nothing wrong with comparing Lewis to anyone else in terms of power.

SquareCircle
09-10-2006, 03:26 PM
Yaman is upset because of how Tyson ducked Foreman...so of course it's expected for him to hate on foreman.

dont be upset that your favorite fighter was a coward, and a ***** rapist who hid between walls and beat up on old women for cash.

Yaman
09-10-2006, 03:29 PM
Lewis had huge power, nothing wrong with comparing Lewis to anyone else in terms of power.

Exactly, but nuthuggers wont accept it.

by comparing morrison and lewis to foreman even in terms of power you've effectively owned yourself. THe only power shot Lewis had that was better than what Foreman had was a right uppercut. The only weapon MOrrison had better than Foreman was a left hook. FOreman's right hook, the one ali took a few of, was far more powerful than either blow from morrison or lewis.

You owned yourself. You dont know anything about boxing if you dont think Lewis or Morrison compare to Foreman in terms of punching power. If you could stop drewling on ALi's and Foreman's nuts you would understand :)

You explained wich punches were as good as Foreman's. Mercer took all those punches without blinking! and more often than Ali did from Foreman!

Yaman
09-10-2006, 03:30 PM
Yaman is upset because of how Tyson ducked Foreman...so of course it's expected for him to hate on foreman.

dont be upset that your favorite fighter was a coward, and a ***** rapist who hid between walls and beat up on old women for cash.

Haha, getting a little upset in a discussion where you got owned? :) Take it easy little fella. This is how we are supposed to threat worthless nuthuggers like you.

Why wont you respond to my facts? I wonder why eh.

SquareCircle
09-10-2006, 03:31 PM
whatever yaman. ive seen you get owned in many other threads because of your mindless tyson nuthugging, so ill just squash this and do us both a favor by saying 'i guess you're right' just to shut you up

Yaman
09-10-2006, 03:35 PM
whatever yaman. ive seen you get owned in many other threads because of your mindless tyson nuthugging, so ill just squash this and do us both a favor by saying 'i guess you're right' just to shut you up

I think the one that got owned is the kid who doesnt wanna debate against solid facts because he himself got owned :)

What does Tyson have to do with this? Where did i hate on Foreman? Why are you saying im owned even though you're the one that has nothing to say against the facts?

Two Fisted Piston
09-10-2006, 03:46 PM
Best Chins Ive ever seen:

Jake La Motta - Dont get me started..

Marvin Hagler - Just watch Hearns - Hagler...nuff said:boxing:

B-Hop - Jermain Taylor whom Id consider a fairly big puncher a middle couldnt make him blink,nor could a machine middle RJJ,nor a Light Heavy "Legend Killer" Tarver...

Joe Frazier - took Alis best shots for 34 rounds without touching down

Oliver McCall - Crazy chin like Ive never seen him hurt and he was Tysons sparring partner!:boxing:

Steve Collins - took a whole lotta flush shots from Benn without batting an eyelid :boxing: :D

Dempsey 1919
09-11-2006, 10:25 AM
Archie Moore had an amazin chin

You're joking, right?

Dempsey 1919
09-11-2006, 10:26 AM
Hahaha. Talk about nuthugging.
That is a retarded argument. Foreman was not Superman! First of all, Foreman was not a 1 punch knockout fighter. Never was, never will. You should know since you're all over Ali's jocks. IF Ali took more shots from Foreman, he would have gone down. ALi took a real flush punch from Shavers, and he went down!
Mercer has taken a lot more flush shots from Morrison and Lewis without going down.
I guess this isnt gonna change your nutthing mind though.

Shavers didn't knock ali down retard.

Dempsey 1919
09-11-2006, 10:32 AM
Exactly, but nuthuggers wont accept it.

You owned yourself. You dont know anything about boxing if you dont think Lewis or Morrison compare to Foreman in terms of punching power. If you could stop drewling on ALi's and Foreman's nuts you would understand :)

You explained wich punches were as good as Foreman's. Mercer took all those punches without blinking! and more often than Ali did from Foreman!

Hey Yaman, guess what? Evander Holyfield fought both George Foreman and Lennox Lewis and guess what he said? Yeah, that's right. He said that Foreman hit far harder than anyone he ever faced, including Tyson, Lewis, and Bowe. So that means a 42year old Foreman hit harder than a 34year old lewis, so imagine how hard a 25yr. old foreman hit? :rolleyes:

Owned!!

Left2body
09-11-2006, 11:12 AM
Why isn't Duran on that list? Duran started at 118lbs and didn't get KO'd till he went to MW and that was against no ordinary MW it was against Hearns.

Thats equal if not greater to what JT achieved in going up in weight.

Yaman
09-11-2006, 12:27 PM

Wrong again BUTTfly. He did knock Ali down. You wouldnt know cause you dont judge by watching fights :)

Yaman
09-11-2006, 12:34 PM
Hey Yaman, guess what? Evander Holyfield fought both George Foreman and Lennox Lewis and guess what he said? Yeah, that's right. He said that Foreman hit far harder than anyone he ever faced, including Tyson, Lewis, and Bowe. So that means a 42year old Foreman hit harder than a 34year old lewis, so imagine how hard a 25yr. old foreman hit? :rolleyes:

Owned!!

Hey Assfly, guess what? Maybe you should watch how these fighters possesed punching power instead of reading stuff about them. http://youtube.com/watch?v=f4l2Cyl8F1E imo it was a punch that clearly knocked Ali down. And imo Lewis did have one of the hardest right hands ever. Did i say Lewis hit harder than Foreman? Tell me where i said that you miserable butterhead :cool: Please tell me exactly how i said that a 34 year old Lewis hit much harder than Foreman.
Exactly you cant! because you cant read. Fact STILL is that Mercer took just as much punishment as Ali without going down. Maybe not as much but he proved his chin to be just as good.

Now YOU are ''pwned''!!
Go to bed Buttfly.

Southpaw Stinger
09-11-2006, 01:25 PM

He did in the 14th round I think. I thought it was ruled a slip as there was no madortory 8 count. It's been a while since I watched it.

Dempsey 1919
09-11-2006, 02:04 PM
Wrong again BUTTfly. He did knock Ali down. You wouldnt know cause you dont judge by watching fights :)

I saw the fight, and it was a slip. Only Banks, cooper, frazier, and wepner knocked ali down.

Dempsey 1919
09-11-2006, 02:08 PM
Hey Assfly, guess what? Maybe you should watch how these fighters possesed punching power instead of reading stuff about them. http://youtube.com/watch?v=f4l2Cyl8F1E imo it was a punch that clearly knocked Ali down. And imo Lewis did have one of the hardest right hands ever. Did i say Lewis hit harder than Foreman? Tell me where i said that you miserable butterhead :cool: Please tell me exactly how i said that a 34 year old Lewis hit much harder than Foreman.
Exactly you cant! because you cant read. Fact STILL is that Mercer took just as much punishment as Ali without going down. Maybe not as much but he proved his chin to be just as good.

Now YOU are ''pwned''!!
Go to bed Buttfly.

Now you are putting words in my mouth. I never said that you said that lewis hit's a lot harder than foreman. I just showed proof that foreman hit's a lot harder than lewis, that's all.

Holyfield did say that Foreman was the hardest puncher he ever faced, and since he fought both lewis and foreman, then logically foreman has more power than lewis.

GunStar
09-11-2006, 02:53 PM
Why isn't Duran on that list? Duran started at 118lbs and didn't get KO'd till he went to MW and that was against no ordinary MW it was against Hearns.

Thats equal if not greater to what JT achieved in going up in weight.The difference is Duran got knocked out with one punch from Hearns, Toney has never been down in the HW division, the shot that Peter landed on the side of the head on Toney would've knocked out any other heavyweight.

SquareCircle
09-16-2006, 03:06 AM
In a P4P sense, McCullough. Of the heavies throughout history, I'd say ....Chuvalo in the front, he faced history's hardest punchers... followed by Tua or Ibeabuchi...Honorable mention to Toney...Foreman gets credit in my opinion as well because he's never truly been ko'd cold..