View Full Version : rickson news

Bert Belfort
10-29-2002, 04:03 PM
There is speculation that rickson gracie will be fighting at an upcoming UFO event in march. It is merely speculation at this point. The news comes out of the gracie camp.
also alexander karelin has been offered a spot on the card as well as Minotauro Noguira

Purity
10-29-2002, 07:32 PM
i was hearing that rickson was being offered some major $$$ for this fight.
people were saying it's larger than what tyson gets for his ****.

Jay Pan ROKK
10-29-2002, 07:38 PM
Rickson will get a major purse at MMA scene, i suppose, but it can never be compared to tyson´s ... just compare boxe´s mind share with mma.

James Fulton
10-29-2002, 10:30 PM
[quote:06f2a0a7c8="Jay Pan ROKK"]Rickson will get a major purse at MMA scene, i suppose, but it can never be compared to tyson´s ... just compare boxe´s mind share with mma.[/quote:06f2a0a7c8]

Agreed. Rickson could probably get a few million, but Tyson makes over 20 million. I don't see it happening in MMA.........yet.

kcfman
10-29-2002, 10:46 PM
Yes, I agree! Mma tournaments need huge sponsers and draw alot of pay per view to pay Rickson that type of money. Hopefully one day mma tournaments will.

James Fulton
10-29-2002, 10:51 PM
Hopefully by that time it'll be me their paying.

Kimura
10-30-2002, 11:57 AM
Who's Rickson's opponent going to be? Another Japanese warm up fight?

Waylander
10-30-2002, 12:22 PM
If their going to pay him bundles of money he better fight somebody worth it. I want to see rickson vs silva.

Jay Pan ROKK
10-30-2002, 02:03 PM
If Rickson fight again he will never go blind at it, the opponet will be chosen very carefully ... remember, he can not lose, otherwise he will not be rickson anymore.

Mr. Beelzebub
10-30-2002, 04:17 PM
I don't think this will ever happen, but if he ever fights again I think Sakuraba vs. Rickson Gracie is the match I wanna see.

remco pardoel
10-30-2002, 04:29 PM
rickson against heath would be an good match
karelin - noguira is da bomb

ParazIT
10-30-2002, 04:32 PM
Rickson is getting 4 000 000 if im not wrong....I want to see him against sakuraba...would actually be a good matchup....

HCT
10-30-2002, 05:08 PM
4 mil? holy ****

The Mouse
10-30-2002, 05:36 PM
Ofcourse the Gracies fights have-to be picked now.

The NHB/MMA competition has evolved past them. Ofcourse they don't want the public to know this so they choose fights so they won't lose like the pansies they are now. The Gracie name is still huge for some reason, even though their abilities are sub-par now adays. Sure, they brought it to the US or whatever, give them a cookie. But they are now just like everyone else.

Picking fights that they know they could win is the ultimate low of a fighter, and now the whole Gracie family hasto do it. God Forbid that they show the world that they are really nothing now adays against a real fighter from the 21'st century.

Let the fighter's of the past die. It's time for the new breed to step up and show every1 what it's all about now adays.

Jay Pan ROKK
10-31-2002, 08:22 AM
Sorry ... I kind of understand your point but there are one big issue when you say "they are now just like everyone else", they are not.

- The Gracies are many and not just one person.
- The Gracies have 70 years of tradition on fighting.
- The Gracies carry the responsability of one of the greatest sport in the world, some people say that they invented BJJ.

Thus they are not just like everyone else.

Kimura
10-31-2002, 11:02 AM
Rickson has a few good fights left in him before he retires.

The Mouse
10-31-2002, 11:38 AM
-The fact that they're as big as a mexican family doesn't phase me.
-And as far as tradition is concerned, lol.. that really means nothing to me; whereas I know it means alot to you guys so i respect that.
-And to say that they carry all of the responibility for the sport, is over-rated. They don't carry all the responsibility, it's all of us combined that form the reponsibility for the sport.

I think it's funny as hell how I see other members of the NHB community worshiping this family like Gods. Focus on yourselves for growth, look up to no one higher than you look up to yourself. Sure, now adays they are good teachers in BJJ, but so are alot of other people. To say that they are the only ones that can do what they do now, couldn't be more wrong. Therefor, they are just like anyone else in the martial arts community.

Jay Pan ROKK
10-31-2002, 01:50 PM
OK, you got a point, everyone is free to believe anything, but you and i will die, our sons will die, our grandsons will die and the name of the Gracies will be high on MMA scene.

Therefore this is not like anyone else, if we do like it or not.

The Mouse
10-31-2002, 10:57 PM
Dude, can you pass me the earpones that are next to you? The sound of you sucking the Gracie's dick is start'n to get to me.. thanx

Jay Pan ROKK
10-31-2002, 11:10 PM
I speak the truth, i do not like most of the gracies, i am not fan of any of them, i just have the right perception of the past and the future.

You most certainty do not know what TRADITION is ...

Jay Pan ROKK
11-02-2002, 11:27 AM
[quote:01a19529bb="ParazIT"]Rickson is getting 4 000 000 if im not wrong....I want to see him against sakuraba...would actually be a good matchup....[/quote:01a19529bb]
It seems that your contacts are right ...

I saw Premiere Combat TV in Brazil last night, they announced that Rickson was offered 4 million american dollars to fight next year.

Well, that is not at the level of Tyson´s purse but is much more than the most boxe match, afterall.

His probable opponent would be Minowa (sp?).

Did anyone heard anything else about it?

vale tudo kid
11-03-2002, 05:15 AM
he needs to fight soon !

pål johnsen
11-03-2002, 06:52 AM
i dont believe ricksons gonna fight before i him in the ring

miller8966
11-03-2002, 11:06 PM
Rickson is pretty old now i think, if he fights win or lose i give him props. I dont think the gracies are washed up in MMA, they just need to re-adjust themselves. And theres about 30000 of them, one of them has to be a champ.