View Full Version : Hearns or McClellan? Who hit harder?

The Noose
08-10-2006, 03:36 PM
McClellan 31 wins (29 ko)

Hearns 61 wins (48 ko)

Do u think McClellan could of put away Leonard or stopped Duran the way Hearns did?

Could Hearns of KO'd Jackson twice in the first round?

Yaman
08-10-2006, 04:11 PM
I think those last few questions have more to do with how good of a fighter they were.

Anyway, Mcclellan had heavier hands, wich also has a lot to do with his power in both hands, wich Hearns kinda lacked imo. He had a great right hand, one of the best ever but he didnt have the power in both hands like Gman. Early in his career, Mcclellan had as much Timing and accuracy as the Hitman, but later he just chopped on his opponents, showing his true power.

Gman had more raw power.

fistlegend
08-10-2006, 04:52 PM
i like socks

K-DOGG
08-10-2006, 05:09 PM
McClellan 31 wins (29 ko)

Hearns 61 wins (48 ko)

Do u think McClellan could of put away Leonard or stopped Duran the way Hearns did?

Could Hearns of KO'd Jackson twice in the first round?

Hearn's fights were spread out between 147 and 190, though....also, you have to look at the whiskers of the opposistion for an accurate depiction.

As far as Jackson is concerned, Yes...Hearns could have kayoed him in 1...that Jackson was on the downside after his first kayo loss to McClellan, so it was in the back of his mind. Accurately, the question would be if Hearns could kayo Jackson in one of their second match if he had kayoed him in 5 (?..think GM kayod JJ in 5 the first time) in their first fight.

Jackson didn't take a great punch as big punchers often don't.
Benn didn't take a great shot either.....

Dye
08-10-2006, 05:27 PM
i like socks
i like t-shirts LOL

The Noose
08-10-2006, 05:28 PM
Hearn's fights were spread out between 147 and 190, though....also, you have to look at the whiskers of the opposistion for an accurate depiction.

As far as Jackson is concerned, Yes...Hearns could have kayoed him in 1...that Jackson was on the downside after his first kayo loss to McClellan, so it was in the back of his mind. Accurately, the question would be if Hearns could kayo Jackson in one of their second match if he had kayoed him in 5 (?..think GM kayod JJ in 5 the first time) in their first fight.

Jackson didn't take a great punch as big punchers often don't.
Benn didn't take a great shot either.....

yea, ur right.

As for Benn, i think Hearns could of put him away.
And im not sure G-man could of ko'd Duran so quick.

K-DOGG
08-10-2006, 05:34 PM
yea, ur right.

As for Benn, i think Hearns could of put him away.
And im not sure G-man could of ko'd Duran so quick.

I'm not sure G-Man coulda kayoed Duran at all...maybe not even beat him.

Yaman
08-10-2006, 05:43 PM
Yeah ok, nice. But who hit harder?

K-DOGG
08-10-2006, 05:47 PM

Pound-4-Pound Hearns had the hardest Straight Right in History, IMHO.....but McClellan's hook was better.

Howz zat? :D

Yaman
08-10-2006, 05:54 PM
Especially Mcclellans left hook to the body. One of the nicest things ive seen from the sweet science. But gyeah, i understand. Good post.

RICKY OH
08-16-2006, 08:36 AM

Ummm. ive never been hit by either of them (luckily for them) but me mate Dave ko'd me once. he hits really hard.

AJ53
08-16-2006, 03:36 PM
i dont know if ive ever seen or heard a sweeter punch land than the righthand that hearns hit duran with!!
it even sounds vicious when you watch it,
and considering duran had a hell of a chin it's probably one of the best one punch ko's ive seen.
duran was out before he even hit the floor!!
and doing that to a legend has gotta give hearns the edge!!
one things for sure tho it would of made a great fight!!
but a short one!!

sleazyfellow
08-16-2006, 11:40 PM
p4p its hearns for sure

oldgringo
08-16-2006, 11:47 PM
I maintain that Hearns' right cross is the most lethal punch the sport has ever seen.

McClellan had heavier shots overall though. Tommy had a hell of a left hook as well though.