View Full Version : What is love?

BrooklynBomber
08-09-2006, 10:28 PM
No, really, what is it, Its not really a physical attraction, cause when I was younger, I was able to have a crush on 3 different girls at a same time, its not really spiritual connection either, well cause I dont really know what is spiritual connection. So what is love for you?
I am curious, really.

Nacho_Analstain
08-09-2006, 10:30 PM
a passion 2 wanna be with sum 1 all the time and protect them and do as much as u can for them,love aint good but love aint bad,loves jus love

BrooklynBomber
08-09-2006, 10:31 PM
a passion 2 wanna be with sum 1 all the time and protect them and do as much as u can for them,love aint good but love aint bad,loves jus love
I had that, but its just a form of physical attraction, that how I felt about 3 different girls at a same time, so I am not sure if its love.

Nacho_Analstain
08-09-2006, 10:34 PM
i think u jus know when ur in love

* FeistyWench *
08-10-2006, 09:47 AM
i think u just know when u r in love
i know that is such the standard answer, but it is true.
you really do know it.
true love, not infatuation or physical attraction, just feels different. it hits you like a 2 ton heavy thing. lol! it's intense.

Dr Cynical
08-10-2006, 09:53 AM
"baby don't hurt me.. don't hurt me.. no more.." :p

*AKO PA HA!
08-10-2006, 10:21 AM
love is a many splendored thing!

K-DOGG
08-10-2006, 10:27 AM
Love is a choice, ultimately.

But, if you want detail.....

It is the surrendering of yourself to another, and trusting them completely.

It is making yourself more vulnerable to hurt than you would ever have thought possible.

It is the tearing down of the emotional wall you have built up from within to allow love in.

It is a gift that keeps on giving.

It is patience.

It is forgiveness.

It is what completes you where you did not know you were wanting.

It is placing someone else ahead of yourself in importance, without discrediting yourself.

It's the hole that is left when that special someone is gone.

It is that undefineable ache that awakes you in the middle of the night.

It is ecstacy of the highest nature and anguish beyond measure.

It is a smile as surely as it is a tear.

It will cause you to do greater things than you ever imagined and make you sink lower than you thought you could do.

It is the essence that binds souls; and the entity the tears them apart.

It is pleasure and pain.

For, ultimately, it is what we all need; but fear to release.....but once released, even if it results in pain to ourselves in the end, it was worth every ounce of hurt, for it is selflessness......and if accepted and returned in kind, you will scarcely rememember how you felt without it, nor ever want to be without it again.

...least, that's how I see it.

Papa Ace
08-10-2006, 10:34 AM

It is making yourself more vulnerable to hurt than you would ever have thought possible.

It is the tearing down of the emotional wall you have built up from within to allow love in.

It is patience.

It is forgiveness.

It is placing someone else ahead of yourself in importance, without discrediting yourself.

It will cause you to do greater things than you ever imagined and make you sink lower than you thought you could do.

It is pleasure and pain.

For, ultimately, it is what we all need; but fear to release.....but once released, even if it results in pain to ourselves in the end, it was worth every ounce of hurt, for it is selflessness......and if accepted and returned in kind, you will scarcely rememember how you felt without it, nor ever want to be without it again.

agree. :fing02:

* FeistyWench *
08-10-2006, 11:54 AM

It is patience.

It is forgiveness.

It is pleasure and pain.

i bet you write great letters/cards for your wife.

i'm jealous. :o

PATO 1
08-10-2006, 12:01 PM
love imo is overated

* FeistyWench *
08-10-2006, 12:04 PM
love imo is overated
i personally consider being "in love" different than loving someone. and let me tell ya, being in love - ah, there is nothing better. :luvbed:

PATO 1
08-10-2006, 12:05 PM
i personally consider being "in love" different than loving someone. and let me tell ya, being in love - ah, there is nothing better. :luvbed:
like i say both overated

mayweather ko 3 love

PATO 1
08-10-2006, 12:08 PM
people so quick to say they love someone

* FeistyWench *
08-10-2006, 12:08 PM
like i say both overated

mayweather ko 3 love
then you have never been in love my friend. :o

* FeistyWench *
08-10-2006, 12:10 PM
people so quick to say they love someone
Definitely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BUT words are cheap. you know when you are really in love and you can TELL when someone loves you. reciprocal love is the best. obviously, it sucks if you fall in ove with someone who doesn't love you back. now that sucks.

PATO 1
08-10-2006, 12:11 PM
then you have never been in love my friend. :o

I know that , but what i'm saying is i have had plenty of girls and i have spent plenty of time with them , but i wouldnt say i love them. people start gettin increased feelings and automatically think theyre in love

only person i love is my goddaughter

PATO 1
08-10-2006, 12:12 PM
Definitely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BUT words are cheap. you know when you are really in love and you can TELL when someone loves you. reciprocal love is the best. obviously, it sucks if you fall in ove with someone who doesn't love you back. now that sucks.

i only like 1 girl now and think alot about her , but i wouldnt say i love her

K-DOGG
08-10-2006, 12:12 PM
i bet you write great letters/cards for your wife.

i'm jealous. :o

You're kind; but trust me, I'm difficult as hell to live with.

Thank you, none the less. :)

* FeistyWench *
08-10-2006, 12:17 PM
i only like 1 girl now and think alot about her , but i wouldnt say i love her
young people say it to each other all the time, but have no idea what it really is. if you don't feel it, you don't feel it. you certainly won't love everyone you date or have sex with.
but when you do fall in love, you'll know it. trust me. :cool:

* FeistyWench *
08-10-2006, 12:17 PM
You're kind; but trust me, I'm difficult as hell to live with.

Thank you, none the less. :)
suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure. ;) :p

PATO 1
08-10-2006, 12:20 PM
young people say it to each other all the time, but have no idea what it really is. if you don't feel it, you don't feel it. you certainly won't love everyone you date or have sex with.
but when you do fall in love, you'll know it. trust me. :cool:
yeah i know , ive said it a few times to get out a sticky situation but obviously never felt anythin sayin it

K-DOGG
08-10-2006, 12:26 PM
yeah i know , ive said it a few times to get out a sticky situation but obviously never felt anythin sayin it

When it hits you initially...for the first time...it's gonna hit you like a ton of bricks. And dependent upon whether it has a happy outcome or an unhappy one, you're either going to be high as a kite, or feel like your chest imploded and you can't breathe.

Either way, you'll know what it is.

PATO 1
08-10-2006, 12:39 PM
yeah i guess,

MetalVomit
08-10-2006, 12:41 PM
It's a combination of physical and mental attraction, at least it is in my situation. It can bring you the greatest joy you can possibly feel, and the most severe agony possible. Love is complicated, basically.

The Noose
08-10-2006, 01:10 PM

It is patience.

It is forgiveness.

It is pleasure and pain.

Yep, just as i thought. It scary as hell.
And i want no part of it.

Also, wen u speak, do u sound alot like Christopher Lee?

* FeistyWench *
08-10-2006, 01:32 PM

K-Dogg, you are still a radio personality, right?
tell us the station and time, we went to listen to you!!!
maybe even call in ;)

K-DOGG
08-10-2006, 01:39 PM

LOl!!!! Only when I want to. ;)

K-DOGG
08-10-2006, 01:43 PM
K-Dogg, you are still a radio personality, right?
tell us the station and time, we went to listen to you!!!
maybe even call in ;)

Yeah, I still do; but hold up...I may be looking to get on at another station pretty soon. Some ****'s been going down here over the last couple of months that I don't like and I want to get off the ship before it sinks, so to speak. I'm honestly not sure if I'm going to stay in radio; but if I do, it (GOD WILLING) will be a rock station for a change.

The one I'm at now is country; and they do not encourage a jock to be "real" as much as you are a paid employee....so, you wouldn't hear the "real" me if you did tune in, I"m sorry to say.
Remember, ALL JOCKS ARE HO's...and I'm a ho too. :rolleyes:

However, if you want to listen, I have no problem. Starting tomorrow, I'm filling in for the afternoon drive personality...that's 3-7 CST and we do stream on the web.

If you really want to "tune in", just pm me and I'll give you the website.....but I warn you....IT'S COUNTRY!! :eek:

* FeistyWench *
08-10-2006, 01:47 PM
Yeah, I still do; but hold up...I may be looking to get on at another station pretty soon. Some ****'s been going down here over the last couple of months that I don't like and I want to get off the ship before it sinks, so to speak. I'm honestly not sure if I'm going to stay in radio; but if I do, it (GOD WILLING) will be a rock station for a change.

The one I'm at now is country; and they do not encourage a jock to be "real" as much as you are a paid employee....so, you wouldn't hear the "real" me if you did tune in, I"m sorry to say.
Remember, ALL JOCKS ARE HO's...and I'm a ho too. :rolleyes:

However, if you want to listen, I have no problem. Starting tomorrow, I'm filling in for the afternoon drive personality...that's 3-7 CST and we do stream on the web.

If you really want to "tune in", just pm me and I'll give you the website.....but I warn you....IT'S COUNTRY!! :eek:
do you play both kinds...country and western??
lol! (little blues brothers humor there :o )

good luck with the rock station! i imagine you would be much happier with a station that aloows you to be you and one that plays your kind of music preference.

K-DOGG
08-10-2006, 01:51 PM
do you play both kinds...country and western??
lol! (little blues brothers humor there :o )

good luck with the rock station! i imagine you would be much happier with a station that aloows you to be you and one that plays your kind of music preference.

LOL!!!! Country and Western! Geez. :rolleyes: I did sneak in a littl Lyle Lovett one time when I was doing the night show and after I was pretty sure the boss was drunk and not listening anymore.

Yeah, being myself would be a relief. I haven't be able to do that on air since I was in AM. I mean, I allow the goofier side of my personality to come out on this station....or did before they "adjusted the format"; but they don't want you talking for longer than :60 seconds at a time...so "ME" is kind of hard to translate. I'm just as longwinded in person as I am on the web. :D

PATO 1
08-10-2006, 03:24 PM
so which of you people are in love

Rockin'
08-10-2006, 03:36 PM
I found that love is the only thing in this world that leaves me vulnerable. Women can be evil!!!!

But not Jackie, shes one in a million!!!!!!!!

Rockin' :boxing:

The Noose
08-10-2006, 03:44 PM
so which of you people are in love
Nope. Never have been.

Ive seen so many people broken by break ups and divorce that im truly scared of cupid sticking one in me. (falling in lurve)

Im happy enough as i am. I had a girl tell me how she was so in love with me, luckily i didnt feel the same way. If i did, i know i would of been ****ed up over her.
She was a heartbreaker, but luckily i never gave her mine.

neils7147933
08-10-2006, 09:26 PM
This thread title makes me thing of the Butabi Brothers

OptimusWolf
08-14-2006, 09:43 AM

It is patience.

It is forgiveness.

It is pleasure and pain.

Wow K-Dogg, I don't even believe in love and that had me quivering with emption.....can't give you more Karma but would if I could!

In all seriousness, the best thing I can say on this topic is that at some points in your life you'll fall head over heels for someone, call it love, infatuation, whatever. They'll feel the same way hopefully. The you'll have x time like this (maybe a lifetime, maybe a few weeks!) where you should try to act the best way you can towards the other person.

Fight any feelings of jealously, be open to changing how you think about things, consider them in everything you do (even if you decide to do something that isn't best for them at least give it the proper thought). In short, be true to yourself and how you want to live, in the broader sense.

neils7147933
08-14-2006, 08:43 PM
This thread title makes me thing of the Butabi Brothers

Last edited by * Fiesty Wench : 08-12-2006 at 01:54 PM.

?????????

The Noose
08-14-2006, 09:09 PM

?????????

pm her. no need to make it a post.

did u say somthing naughty? :nono:

neils7147933
08-14-2006, 10:20 PM
pm her. no need to make it a post.

did u say somthing naughty? :nono:
Actually the post is intact. It's as if she did nothing at all, yet it says it's been altered...

Hard Boiled HK
08-14-2006, 11:08 PM
You'll know when you're in love. It's obvious.

The Noose
08-15-2006, 10:05 AM
Actually the post is intact. It's as if she did nothing at all, yet it says it's been altered...

Probably pressed the wrong button.

BuddyChacon
08-15-2006, 10:26 AM
I have been in love once and was crushed when it ended. The girls I have been with since I don't let them get that close so when it is over I am okay. I will let my guard down if the right one comes along. I don't see her on the horizon though.

THE REAL NINJA
08-15-2006, 10:28 AM
You'll know when you're in love. It's obvious.
Not really because there is puppy love,lust and infatuation . Looking back I think most of mine have fell under infatuation.

* FeistyWench *
08-15-2006, 12:56 PM

?????????
sorry neils, i pulled a "sonny", i went to quote you and hit edit on accident. :o and then i never actually replied because something came up.

i was going to reply that this thread title made me thing of the Butabi Brothers too. lol! i pictured them and heard the song in my head the minute i read the thread title.

neils7147933
08-15-2006, 10:31 PM
sorry neils, i pulled a "sonny", i went to quote you and hit edit on accident. :o and then i never actually replied because something came up.

i was going to reply that this thread title made me thing of the Butabi Brothers too. lol! i pictured them and heard the song in my head the minute i read the thread title.
You tainted the integrity of my post. I don't know if I can ever forgive you. (smilie)

* FeistyWench *
08-15-2006, 10:32 PM
You tainted the integrity of my post. I don't know if I can ever forgive you. (smilie)
brain farts seem to be occuring more frequently...i'm blaming the baby.

neils7147933
08-15-2006, 11:52 PM
brain farts seem to be occuring more frequently...i'm blaming the baby.
You know what I think it is? http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/1808/womendontbelongzk1.jpg

(smilie)

MANGLER
01-06-2010, 02:12 AM

Cosign this. :love: