View Full Version : What is hapiness?

platinummatt
08-09-2006, 10:13 PM
What do you think truue hapiness is and how do you achieve it.
I think many things can make you happy, but the true or pure one can only be achieved with yourself, not outside influences.
Other forms etc can be love, helping people etc. many things.

Nacho_Analstain
08-09-2006, 10:17 PM
i dno,i wouldnt say im happy,i jus keep my chin up n keep goin

Ta Khent
08-09-2006, 10:34 PM
Happiness is a state of mind. What makes you happy can make someone else bitter.

!! AI-Holmes!!
08-09-2006, 10:37 PM
Happiness is a state of mind. What makes you happy can make someone else bitter.
Yeah, like you getting 250K bonus, I'm bitter and envious....but happy for ya.

The Noose
08-09-2006, 10:41 PM
I think many things can make you happy, but the true or pure one can only be achieved with yourself, not outside influences.

I dont think there is a divide between the 'outside' and the 'inside'. I believe everything effects everything.
So eventhough happiness or any emotion is i guess a state of mind, we cannot shut ourselves off from what happens around us.

Is happiness contentment? Or is contentment closer to indifference?

Ta Khent
08-09-2006, 10:55 PM
Yeah, like you getting 250K bonus, I'm bitter and envious....but happy for ya.

It's all good. I'm deciding how to make that money work for me you know.

Hard Boiled HK
08-09-2006, 11:01 PM
All you need is love for happiness.

The Noose
08-10-2006, 10:10 AM
All you need is love for happiness.

The more u loving somthing or somone the more pain and depression u experience when u lose them.

* FeistyWench *
08-10-2006, 10:33 AM
when you experience it, you know it.
i don't think it is a state that you can achieve and maintain for a lifetime. perhaps it is contentment or "at peace with one self" that you are thinking of.

King Koyle
08-10-2006, 11:38 AM
Not caring what other's think.Being comfortable with yourself,and any flaws you may have.

K-DOGG
08-10-2006, 11:53 AM
No One and No Thing can MAKE you happy. You either choose to be happy....or LET someone or something give you happiness, or you choose to allow lives negativities and problems to drag you down.

Happiness is a Choice....it's all about attitude.

Hard Boiled HK
08-10-2006, 08:07 PM
The more u loving somthing or somone the more pain and depression u experience when u lose them.

But that's a risk we are all willing to take.

Hard Boiled HK
08-10-2006, 08:08 PM
No One and No Thing can MAKE you happy. You either choose to be happy....or LET someone or something give you happiness, or you choose to allow lives negativities and problems to drag you down.

Yeah but there are certain situations where you can't be happy regardless of your attitude.

08-10-2006, 08:10 PM
A orgasm. :D

platinummatt
08-10-2006, 09:09 PM

Yeh thats probably true. I think its something anyone can achieve.

K-DOGG
08-11-2006, 12:19 PM
Yeah but there are certain situations where you can't be happy regardless of your attitude.

I have to disagree with that. No doubt there are situations which are seemingly impossible to allow a person happiness; but my experience is it ultimately boils down to you.

leff
08-11-2006, 01:19 PM

really, norway where i live has the 3d highest standaving inrd of li the world, we are rich and have good health, but we allways want more.

many poorer countries are happier i think if your used to have little you dont ask for as much.

MANGLER
01-07-2010, 02:37 AM

Happiness to me is havin everything you want. I'm a happy man but not as happy as I could be. I don't stress it tho cuz I ain't for settlin down right now. In a few more yrs I'll be focused on that. For now I can't really complain tho.