View Full Version : Lucky for what we got.

platinummatt
08-09-2006, 12:08 PM
For instance, our sight. Can you imagine being blind? Our eyes are delicate and we could be blinded easily.
Our family. My dad is 58. He drinks a can or 2 of beer everyday, smokes 20 a day, eats alot of salt, and gets very little exercise. I dont know how long he has left, but Id like to try and make it longer, by stopping him doing these things.
Its apity we get so wrapped up in things and we can stop and smell the roses. As many people say, its the little things in life that make the difference.

The Raging Bull
08-09-2006, 12:56 PM
Man, you got a great outlook on life. If others were to be like you are, the world would be a beter place. But I feel that you weren't always one that appreciated the world. What made you?

platinummatt
08-09-2006, 01:00 PM
lol! Ha yeh I had a few days of the world is scum lol. I still think theres a hell of alot of evil out there. But before that I had a great outlook period. I was lying down last night and thought **** I could be blind! It kindsa hits you as it you forgot that it could even happen.
People get mixed up in their careers and money. Its so wrong. If you cannot be happy without these things, Its bad and I feel sorry for them. Some of the stuff we have here is great, if only we had time to contemplate... sitting underneath the trees, carressed by the gentle breeze..
But yeh we can smell flowers, enjoy the sunshine, look at the landscape, hear music.. Its great

K-DOGG
08-09-2006, 01:03 PM
lol! Ha yeh I had a few days of the world is scum lol. I still think theres a hell of alot of evil out there. But before that I had a great outlook period. I was lying down last night and thought **** I could be blind! It kindsa hits you as it you forgot that it could even happen.
People get mixed up in their careers and money. Its so wrong. If you cannot be happy without these things, Its bad and I feel sorry for them. Some of the stuff we have here is great, if only we had time to contemplate... sitting underneath the trees, carressed by the gentle breeze..
But yeh we can smell flowers, enjoy the sunshine, look at the landscape, hear music.. Its great

Great Post Lil' bro. I tried to give you K; but have to spread it around.

Keep that vision of the world and you'll be fine...don't let the world change you, because it will try the older you get. Keep a stiff upper-lip and always remember how you feel right now.

The Raging Bull
08-09-2006, 01:04 PM
I totally agree with you mate. People dont appreciate their lives as much as they should and it is wrong. You ever watched taxi driver?

platinummatt
08-09-2006, 01:05 PM
um dont think so.. I saw one about a french guy with a taxi.. Dont think thats it

The Raging Bull
08-09-2006, 01:11 PM
That aint it lol. Its got Robert De niro in it and he plays a guy called Travis Bickle. This Travis character is a man who drives through the scum of a big american city late at night as a taxi driver. And it turns him psychotic in the end. But i feel i can relate to him because of how he felt about people wasting their lives with drugs and prostitution and that he felt he needed to do something about the scum on the streets. Its a great film. You should try n pick it up.

K-DOGG
08-09-2006, 01:18 PM
That aint it lol. Its got Robert De niro in it and he plays a guy called Travis Bickle. This Travis character is a man who drives through the scum of a big american city late at night as a taxi driver. And it turns him psychotic in the end. But i feel i can relate to him because of how he felt about people wasting their lives with drugs and prostitution and that he felt he needed to do something about the scum on the streets. Its a great film. You should try n pick it up.

DUDE? You trying to turn Matt into a serial killer? :confused:

The Raging Bull
08-09-2006, 01:29 PM
LMAO. No man im just saying that even though he was deeply disturbed, I feel Travis Bickle had a good (if not deluded) outlook on life. That the streets needed cleaning of the scum because really, the world is a beautiful place. And maybe people dont appreciate it.

K-DOGG
08-09-2006, 01:30 PM
LMAO. No man im just saying that even though he was deeply disturbed, I feel Travis Bickle had a good (if not deluded) outlook on life. That the streets needed cleaning of the scum because really, the world is a beautiful place. And maybe people dont appreciate it.

:D Okay. Taxi Driver is a classic movie and Dinero is superb in the role; but I wouldn't call it a "positive out-look", to say the least.

Oh well, perception is everything.

The Raging Bull
08-09-2006, 01:32 PM
No he doesn't have a positive outlook because he feels that these people need to be killed. But like I said he has the right outlook, if not deluded. These people need 2 be sorted out. By this I mean helped, not killed.

K-DOGG
08-09-2006, 01:56 PM
*chuckling* Sorry, it's a little too "Son of Sam" for me to base an outlook upon.

Certain people need help; but who helps them and how as well as who's perspective of who needs help and why needs to be taken into consideration.

The Raging Bull
08-09-2006, 01:57 PM
Sorry for my ignorance, but what is 'son of sam'?

The Noose
08-09-2006, 02:02 PM
I dont really think its possible to experience happiness whilst contemplating depressing possibilities (being blind etc).

I find that only by actually experiencing the bad ****, which is inevitable, do u appreciate the good ****.
And that kind of appreciation only lasts a short while, until u get used to it. Then bored with it.
It can be easy to feel guilty for having a privilaged life. And thats not appreciating it at all.
But then again does leading a hedonistic lifestyle (partying etc) mean you are squeezing the most out of life?

PATO 1
08-09-2006, 02:14 PM
good thread

The Noose
08-09-2006, 02:28 PM
No he doesn't have a positive outlook because he feels that these people need to be killed. But like I said he has the right outlook, if not deluded. These people need 2 be sorted out. By this I mean helped, not killed.

But he became what he hated. He became a deranged vigilante killer, no better than the hookers and pimps.
Well, thats my opinion. It is a great film, but if it wasnt for DeNiro, Travis would be nothing more than a psycho.

U should of suggested Platinummat watch Ghandi. :)

K-DOGG
08-09-2006, 02:55 PM
Sorry for my ignorance, but what is 'son of sam'?

"Son of Sam" was a serial killer who went around shooting couples in New York in the late 1970's who were "immoral" in his view. He thought he was "cleaning up" society, so to speak, by ridding the world of people who were immoral. His real name was David Berkowitz.

platinummatt
08-09-2006, 03:32 PM
I have seen Ghandi, Great film! I think you can be happy while thinking of the bad things... You appreciate it more If you realise you can lose it.

* FeistyWench *
08-09-2006, 07:12 PM
whenever life starts to get me down, i remind myself how good i have it. i know so many people who would LOVE to have my life. it helps me to remind myself of all the great things in my life and if there is something negative in my life i try not to dwell on it if there is nothing i can do to change it. only things in my power are worth stressing over. then i can only blame myslef if i don;t do soemthing about it.

platinummatt
08-09-2006, 07:20 PM
like the serenity prayer I think this is it? God Grant Me The Serenity

To Accept The Things I Cannot Change

Courage To Change The Things I Can

And The Wisdom To Know The Difference

* FeistyWench *
08-09-2006, 07:32 PM
like the serenity prayer I think this is it? God Grant Me The Serenity

To Accept The Things I Cannot Change

Courage To Change The Things I Can

And The Wisdom To Know The Difference
i think that is a prayer they use in Alcoholics Anonymous and other such groups, but there is a lot of truth in it.
there is no point perseverating on things you can't change or don't have any control over.

MANGLER
01-07-2010, 01:21 AM
For instance, our sight. Can you imagine being blind? Our eyes are delicate and we could be blinded easily.
Our family. My dad is 58. He drinks a can or 2 of beer everyday, smokes 20 a day, eats alot of salt, and gets very little exercise. I dont know how long he has left, but Id like to try and make it longer, by stopping him doing these things.
Its apity we get so wrapped up in things and we can stop and smell the roses. As many people say, its the little things in life that make the difference.

This is the way to be. I don't think about this **** much cuz it's inherent, but I do appreciate it. Thankfully I got no injuries, handicaps, illnesses, or allergies. I feel really bad for cats who got dealt a bad hand.