View Full Version : egg's and milk

Real Deal
10-07-2004, 09:34 AM
Is it good to eat eggs and milk after weight training? Non fat milk I mean.

NichtGeflechten
10-07-2004, 10:29 AM
Crap and crap.....

spinksjinx
10-07-2004, 11:00 AM
Is it good to eat eggs and milk after weight training? Non fat milk I mean.

Show me milk that has no fat in it, if it is no fat it is probably replaced by insane amounts of sugar (as if milk didnt already have it)

Word of advice stay away from anything that says free/low/non on labels...Just pick natural foods stay away from that processed garbage....

Real Deal
10-07-2004, 11:12 AM
so basically, natural milk and natural eggs are good after weight training for growing muscle?

spinksjinx
10-07-2004, 11:28 AM
so basically, natural milk and natural eggs are good after weight training for growing muscle?

I ditch the yolk and go with the whites and I would drop milk altogether, I dont care what all those ads are telling people these days when something has the amount of sugar/saturated fat in it, their is no possible way it can be healthy....

Also it depends on what your goals are....You havent posted that yet, whether you are bodybuilding or are wanting to cut fat it all depends on your goals on what you can eat.

Real Deal
10-07-2004, 11:32 AM
I want to grow muscle stricktly for boxing only. Not bodybuilding. Just a juicy body... :D

spinksjinx
10-07-2004, 11:57 AM
I want to grow muscle stricktly for boxing only. Not bodybuilding. Just a juicy body... :D

Cut out both, if you must limit yourself to skim milk although I highly disagree with it and only go with egg whites...But your best bet is to cut it all out and go with fruits and vegetables and lean cut meats like LEAN turkey/chicken breast and fish....Nothing fried or anything that comes in a box, skinless and grilled is your best bet....Keep it natural...Also you might want to look into supplements as well.

Whey protein is a great supplement to take right after a workout, mix it with water and drink it soon after your workout, because it will feed your muscles the nutrients it needs to restore itself and not breakdown from the workout....Whey after the workout...

NichtGeflechten
10-07-2004, 12:29 PM
Milk is one of the monumental scams of the food industry...

Real Deal
10-07-2004, 12:55 PM
so after workout if I take like 75g of protein, then should I eat after that too like eggs? could I mix the whey portein with milk?

Real Deal
10-07-2004, 12:57 PM
should i also take whey protein after boxing training or only after weight training?

spinksjinx
10-07-2004, 01:50 PM
so after workout if I take like 75g of protein, then should I eat after that too like eggs? could I mix the whey portein with milk?

You can mix it with milk but it defeats it's purpose, you need the nutrients in the whey right away after a workout and water will digest that into your system in 30 minutes or less (the time you need it most) and with milk it will take about 2 hours to digest, dont even think about mixing whey with milk especially on a boxers diet or right after a workout....

Drink the whey mixed with water after any type of workout.

75grams of protein is ridiculous in one serving, your body even a man at 300 pounds can only digest 30 grams of protein a sitting into his body, dont go above 30grams per meal....75 grams is just ridiculous....

If you want to train for boxing eggs/milk is not an option sorry.

Real Deal
10-07-2004, 03:25 PM
Basically all food sucks. I should eat only protein powder... right? I never used the protein powder. I've used honey and beepollen.

spinksjinx
10-07-2004, 06:16 PM
Basically all food sucks. I should eat only protein powder... right? I never used the protein powder. I've used honey and beepollen.

Honey is high in sugar so throw that out the window, No I didnt say throw everything out the window and stay on supplements, Im saying go with natural foods like vegetables and LEAN cut meats like skinless chicken breast/fish (not fishsticks either) and turkey......As well as having a protein shake after your workout.

Also want a nice and tasty snack, pick up some rice/corn cakes quaker oats brand makes the best they do harm and have no sugar and comes in a variant of flavors.....

97 percent of america isnt obese for a reason, they dont like to make these commitments.

Real Deal
10-08-2004, 01:36 AM
How is sugar bad? Honey is healthy, Im not gonna throw it out the window.

HomicideHank
10-08-2004, 02:26 AM
Honey is high in sugar so throw that out the window, No I didnt say throw everything out the window and stay on supplements, Im saying go with natural foods like vegetables and LEAN cut meats like skinless chicken breast/fish (not fishsticks either) and turkey......As well as having a protein shake after your workout.

Also want a nice and tasty snack, pick up some rice/corn cakes quaker oats brand makes the best they do harm and have no sugar and comes in a variant of flavors.....

97 percent of america isnt obese for a reason, they dont like to make these commitments.

I agree with everything except the rice cakes. Those are one of the worst possible 'healthy' snacks around. They make your insulin skyrocket and crash, impeding fat burning. Before I quit eating them altogether, I would always still be hungry like 30 minutes after eating some. That's due to the rapid rise and fall in insulin levels.

spinksjinx
10-08-2004, 09:41 AM
How is sugar bad? Honey is healthy, Im not gonna throw it out the window.

Sugar helps store fat cells.

Hank-I have had no problem with rice/corn cakes each body is different though, so I can totally understand that their is somethings I cant eat.

Real Deal
10-08-2004, 09:57 AM
How about three eggs and natural water after weight training?

spinksjinx
10-08-2004, 10:30 AM
How about three eggs and natural water after weight training?

You need protein after the weight training, if you dont want to put on weight and just get cut you are going to have to avoid eggs but like I said if it is something you do need that bad, go with just the egg whites and watch how you cook them, most people use cooking oil or butter and that alone will kill you....It is best to just stay away.

Real Deal
10-08-2004, 10:39 AM
Im talking about boiled eggs!

spinksjinx
10-08-2004, 10:43 AM
Im talking about boiled eggs!

I wouldnt recommend them personally, but your best bet is experiment yourself...Each body is different and reacts differently to various foods...One thing wont work for another, you have to find out what your body can do so your best bet is to experiment around a bit until you find something that works.....

Real Deal
10-08-2004, 10:48 AM
I am 16 years old, and I am not fat. I been eating mostly vegetable soup, poatos, fish, milk etc. I dont do alcohol, and I dont eat alot of candy and soda. I can't remember the last time I drinked soda. And I been eating alot of honey too.

I am 175 pounds.

spinksjinx
10-08-2004, 11:04 AM
I am 16 years old, and I am not fat. I been eating mostly vegetable soup, poatos, fish, milk etc. I dont do alcohol, and I dont eat alot of candy and soda. I can't remember the last time I drinked soda. And I been eating alot of honey too.

I am 175 pounds.

Potatos are not a good thing either, soup contains an immense amount of sodium as well....You know the story on milk by now.....

On my current plan, I have went from 165 with a 33" waist down to 119-125 (my weight flucuates) with a waist of 27"....I cut out all beverages except whey protein shake and drink nothing but water and cut out all red meat and went with lean white meats and picked up vegetables as well....

Another thing I would like to point out, if you want to get cut and lean and mean get the hell away from bread...Bread whether it be white or wheat stay away if you want to cut, trust me on this....

Also stay away from anything that says enriched on the label.

Real Deal
10-08-2004, 11:58 AM
Why did you go down in weight that much.

spinksjinx
10-08-2004, 12:08 PM
Why did you go down in weight that much.

I was weightlifting when I was at 165 and was to bulky and I wanted to start going to a boxing gym, So I got myself in shape for that.......

Real Deal
10-08-2004, 12:14 PM
how tall are you?

spinksjinx
10-08-2004, 12:19 PM
how tall are you?

5'6 very short for a male....

Real Deal
10-08-2004, 01:55 PM
Is kefir good?

Real Deal
10-08-2004, 03:11 PM
spinksjinx, is kefir good?

spinksjinx
10-08-2004, 03:43 PM
spinksjinx, is kefir good?

I cannot comment on it because I know very little information about it.

Dr.Pugilist
10-08-2004, 04:42 PM
Simple ...keep it simple.

Keep your carbs relatively low, but not completely gone as you will need them for energy.

BLEND your proteins. Whey is the fastest absorbing protein, very easily digested, and can also easily be converted to energy for you. Casein (milk protein) is the slowest absorbing and digested protein and is extremely good for building muscle. Soy is somewhere in between but is also extremely good.

Your body has countless biochemical reactions occuring simultaneously all day long. You will need lots of protein, a moderate amount of dietary fat, and minimal carbohydrates.

Eat lots of vegetables. You get lots of dietary fats depending on which ones you eat and absolutely no cholesterol. Your body needs cholesterol to make and repair cells, but your body also produces almost all of it that you will need.

Red meat is good in MODERATION. Lean meat is preferred. Chicken breasts are good as well, but will not build as much muscle as lean red meat.

Tha Greatest
10-10-2004, 09:19 PM
PLEASE if u dont know something
dont go around telling everyone
half tha ppl here dont know crap about nutritions
for real training and boxing information
go to www.rossboxing.com
they have good forums
but for boxing talk like pros this place is better
but they got more experienced ppl there about training
and dont listen to those ****in ppl that say dont eat carbs
u need carbs lots half tha **** ppl say is bull**** in this site n it's all fad diets
www.rossboxing.com got ppl that know what they talkin about
just dont eat crap carbs eat GOOD carbs

spinksjinx
10-10-2004, 10:11 PM
go to www.rossboxing.com
they have good forums
u need carbs lots half tha **** ppl say is bull**** in this site n it's all fad diets

I second carbs, Carbs are your major component to obtain energy from....

I've visited rossboxing, good little site he has going on their.

HomicideHank
10-10-2004, 10:48 PM
go to www.rossboxing.com
they have good forums

English, please, ****tard.

Tha Greatest
10-10-2004, 11:18 PM
English, please, ****tard.
dont u understand enlgish u ****in retard

HomicideHank
10-10-2004, 11:23 PM
dont u understand enlgish u ****in retard

Oh, I understand English quite well. What I don't understand is that bastardized jibberish you were spitting out.

Like I said, English please. You don't have to type exactly how you sound on a street corner while grabbing your peanutsack.

Thank you.

Tha Greatest
10-10-2004, 11:26 PM
Oh, I understand English quite well. What I don't understand is that bastardized jibberish you were spitting out.

Like I said, English please. You don't have to type exactly how you sound on a street corner while grabbing your peanutsack.

Thank you.

ok i'm sorry u very coool now man tryin to be hard on tha net
shut ur ****in mouth n **** off

HomicideHank
10-10-2004, 11:36 PM
ok i'm sorry u very coool now man tryin to be hard on tha net
shut ur ****in mouth n **** off

P'shaw!!

Just speak English you scampy scalawag and we'll all get along just fine.

Real Deal
10-11-2004, 01:16 PM
What are carbs? I looked the dictionary but it doesn't have that word there.

elveiel
10-11-2004, 02:57 PM
What are carbs? I looked the dictionary but it doesn't have that word there.

Carbohydrates.

They are the main body's main source energy. people believe if you cut carbs from your diet then your body will use other sources(fat) as energy.

RedLight_Traitor
05-18-2005, 05:33 PM
how do you get egg whites?