View Full Version : Tyson vs. Savarese?

NJFighter91
08-06-2006, 03:09 AM
I'm not that knowledgable about boxing history so this might be a stupid question. Why was the fight between Tyson and Savarese stopped and why did Tyson win?

Verstyle
08-06-2006, 03:17 AM
I'm not that knowledgable about boxing history so this might be a stupid question. Why was the fight between Tyson and Savarese stopped and why did Tyson win?

it was a tko.cause of that left hook tyson gave him,the guy was in la la land if u see his face.and tyson won cause the ref was nice and decided not to dq him for excessive forcr i guess

NJFighter91
08-06-2006, 03:30 AM
Wow, I gotta watch it again. When the ref took Savarese took his corner to talk, Savarese looked fine though. He shoulda kept going.

Verstyle
08-06-2006, 03:31 AM
Wow, I gotta watch it again. When the ref took Savarese took his corner to talk, Savarese looked fine though. He shoulda kept going.

u noticed how lou didnt complain though ;)

NJFighter91
08-06-2006, 03:34 AM
Lol true. He woulda lost anyways...just wished it was a longer fight :)

hemichromis
08-06-2006, 03:57 AM
it was a lucky punch, savarese can usually take a punch i think it must have hit him right on the temple

NJFighter91
08-06-2006, 10:27 AM
it was a lucky punch, savarese can usually take a punch i think it must have hit him right on the templeWhen Tyson says every punch has bad intentions, did you think he was joking? :p

Brockton Lip
08-06-2006, 03:31 PM
lol I met Lou last week or two ago, I forgot how big he was.
Anyone have the fight?

NJFighter91
08-06-2006, 03:39 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=BPlJ0xPrAWA
(http://www.ironmass.com/attachments/misc/5733-biology-help-todo.jpg?d=1149084502)

LondonRingRules
08-06-2006, 04:16 PM
I believe Tyson was banned from fighting in the UK after that bout. He could have been DQed for throwing the ref down after the stoppage. You can see his mental impairments kicking in, that's why he had to start taking drugs to stabilize him.

Yaman
08-06-2006, 05:08 PM
That was no lucky punch. That was the most beautifull left hook i've ever seen anyone throw imo. It didnt land flush, it just hit him on the exact right spot.

He ate his children.

NJFighter91
08-06-2006, 06:00 PM
He ate his children.Right after he stomped on their ****in testicles. :D

Yaman
08-06-2006, 06:24 PM
wtf hahahaha. True.

Kid Achilles
08-06-2006, 06:29 PM
It was a decent punch, probably one of the best Mike threw post prison, and Lou had no chance in that fight, but Mike really should have been disqualified for continuing to attack Savarese after the fight had been stopped and knocking the ref over.

Verstyle
08-06-2006, 06:30 PM
lately when watching tyson videos i notice he concentrates on that left hook almost most of the time.

NJFighter91
08-06-2006, 06:34 PM
Evertime left hook and Tyson is in the same sentence, I think of the Reggie Gross fight :)

Yaman
08-06-2006, 06:38 PM
Gyeah, but his right is the most effective.

Oh, and should he have been dq'd? Bull. He should have continued to punch that nutsack Savarese till he collapsed. There was nothing wrong with him. The ref got what he asked for. Running in between a slugging Tyson i mean come on. Mike should have ko'd him too.

Verstyle
08-06-2006, 06:40 PM
Gyeah, but his right is the most effective.

Oh, and should he have been dq'd? Bull. He should have continued to punch that nutsack Savarese till he collapsed. There was nothing wrong with him. The ref got what he asked for. Running in between a slugging Tyson i mean come on. Mike should have ko'd him too.

why do u still think the right was more affective.lets make a poll about this please

fraidycat
08-07-2006, 01:37 AM
You can DL the Savarese fight at

http://geocities.com/mike_tyson_ko/videos.html

I was just watching it, today. That left hook ****ed Savarese up something savage. Even if his disorientation was only temporary, I can understand why the ref stopped it.

Dempsey 1919
09-18-2006, 11:22 AM
It was a decent punch, probably one of the best Mike threw post prison, and Lou had no chance in that fight, but Mike really should have been disqualified for continuing to attack Savarese after the fight had been stopped and knocking the ref over.

I just watched it, and yes Tyson did overdo it. He should have been dq'd, but it was funny, lol!

potatoes
09-21-2006, 04:37 PM
The fight wasn't over, the referee tried to stop it prematurely. Savarese may well have survived the round. Of course that is no excuse for the nutcase Tyson to ignore the stoppage and knock the ref out of the way. Tyson was back to his old tricks of headhunting, and whenever he was doing that he was also doing lots of other crazy things.

Abe Attell
09-21-2006, 04:45 PM
why do u still think the right was more affective.lets make a poll about this please

Tyson is a rare breed of fighters, whatever punch he threw in his prime had the ability to be accurate, fast, and powerful.

Every punch was really his "money" punch...

He liked the left hook because he could leap with it to make up room if there was space...when someone is popping the jab, Tyson would try to get underneath it by using the bob and weave, throwing the leaping left hook to catch his opponent when they are opened.

People love to claim that Tyson didn't like you to hit back, but that is untrue: Tyson's style was all about his opponent throwing, and you (which would be Tyson), countering to take advantage of the opening. Without the opponent throwing, Tyson got pissed off because there wasn't an open target...he would counter by throwing body punches if his opponent didn't throw, in order to open up the guy's body, which would cause the opponent to dropping his hands.

His left hook was nice, but so was his uppercut...he loved to throw a right hook to the body, right uppercut...

micky_knox
09-24-2006, 09:05 AM
tyson should have been disqualified for that........