View Full Version : Your Watch

Hard Boiled HK
08-03-2006, 08:42 PM
Is it true that your watch tells you most about who you are? That someone can know a bit about your personality by looking at the watch you wear?

What do you guys think?

!! AI-Holmes!!
08-03-2006, 11:10 PM
I have several watches but I don't wear them, I keep track of time by looking at the little clock on my cell phone.

BrooklynBomber
08-03-2006, 11:14 PM
I dont own one :(
I keep track of time by cellphone or inner clock.

Hard Boiled HK
08-03-2006, 11:51 PM
No watch = no personality. Just kidding. I guess the theory isn't right. I don't know, it's just something I heard from some people.

Smokin'
08-04-2006, 01:26 AM
Nope, it's all in the shoes. If you don't have fly shoes or the girl doesn't like your shoes...its over.

OptimusWolf
08-04-2006, 05:29 AM
I hope so....my watxh is quality, a Diesel one that looks very cool IMO!

I heard about the shoe thing as well, apparently if a girl doesn't like your shoes she's never going to sleep with you....not even if your chat is gleamin'

czars_salad
08-04-2006, 06:19 AM
I dont own one :(
I keep track of time by cellphone or inner clock.
me too :o

The Noose
08-04-2006, 07:31 AM
No watch.

But i wear big purple boots. With bright purple laces.
They say "If ur stupid enough to judge me by my shoes, then **** off!"

* FeistyWench *
08-04-2006, 08:26 AM
i don't know...
i never look at people's watches or shoes. i tend to notice their clothing and hair style though.

i also think that if someone has no watch or cell phone to tell time by, then THAT tells alot about that person.

The Missing Lin
08-07-2006, 02:03 PM
I own quite a few watches but I dont wear them much anymore. I do the cell phone thing as well.

But I own a 2 Seiko's, 3 Fossil's, 1 Casio. I even have a couple of old Swatches from the eighties but they no longer work.

RAESAAD
08-07-2006, 02:06 PM
I always wear a watch.I have a movado I wear out on special occasions and a Seiko I wear most other times.Both are very nice looking and classy but the Movado was quite expensive.I think a nice watch is a sign of someone who cares about being on time and looking good doing it....... :D

juggernautburn
08-09-2006, 03:09 AM
i don't know...
i never look at people's watches or shoes. i tend to notice their clothing and hair style though.

i also think that if someone has no watch or cell phone to tell time by, then THAT tells alot about that person.

i used to not have a watch or a cell phone, what does that say about who i used to be?

marvdave
08-09-2006, 08:34 AM
Is it true that your watch tells you most about who you are? That someone can know a bit about your personality by looking at the watch you wear?

What do you guys think?

my watch has the Pittsburgh Steeler logo, so I guess so

* FeistyWench *
08-09-2006, 09:16 AM
i used to not have a watch or a cell phone, what does that say about who i used to be?
that you were always late. lol!

no, it usually means that you were laid back and didn't stress over living your time according to others' time tables.

Hard Boiled HK
08-09-2006, 03:15 PM
no, it usually means that you were laid back and didn't stress over living your time according to others' time tables.

But this is necessary to survive and be successful? The world doesn't revolve around you.

juggernautburn
08-09-2006, 03:54 PM
that you were always late. lol!

lol, i just didn't have any money :(

Hard Boiled HK
08-09-2006, 05:00 PM

Yeah she's kinda mean like that.

K-DOGG
08-09-2006, 05:17 PM
I used to have a nice "Baylor" (sp) 'till some kid pulled a "bump and run" on me. I'm still gonna kick his ass if I find him...and that was 12 years ago. I loved that watch.

Right now I've got a cool "Fossil" (sp) with regular mechanical hands floating over a sea of liquid crystal with an appearing/disappearing Chinese dragon. It was a Valentine's Day present. :D

....but the battery's dead. :(

phallus
08-09-2006, 06:38 PM
I used to have a nice "Baylor" (sp) 'till some kid pulled a "bump and run" on me. I'm still gonna kick his ass if I find him...and that was 12 years ago. I loved that watch.

Right now I've got a cool "Fossil" (sp) with regular mechanical hands floating over a sea of liquid crystal with an appearing/disappearing Chinese dragon. It was a Valentine's Day present. :D

....but the battery's dead. :(

very nice, kinkade-san...i have a "Sandman" watch, i don't know who made it, there's no manufacturer's name but it has a drawing of the Sandman ( comic book character from vampire graphic novels) and a crow with it's beak open engraved on the cover - it's a pocketwatch, u know, like, on a chain, i don't like bands on my wrist - yes, that includes handcuffs

* FeistyWench *
08-09-2006, 06:45 PM
that was my second guess. lol! :o

* FeistyWench *
08-09-2006, 06:46 PM
But this is necessary to survive and be successful? The world doesn't revolve around you.
oh trust me, i know.
i always have a watch on. i go nuts if i don't know the time. i hate not knowing the time. plus, i hate being late.

platinummatt
08-09-2006, 06:50 PM
Judging people by their watch? Surely he who wears an expensive watch hwants to look flashy to people?

phallus
08-09-2006, 06:52 PM
Judging people by their watch? Surely he who wears an expensive watch hwants to look flashy to people?

how is that any more shallow than the other **** we judge people by, at least u can change u're watch

platinummatt
08-09-2006, 06:56 PM
how is that any more shallow than the other **** we judge people by, at least u can change u're watch

Its not any more shallow I guess??

* FeistyWench *
08-09-2006, 06:59 PM
or is it shallow to even notice someone's watch. i never notice that kind of thing. i notice face, hair, and clothes (but not shoes).

platinummatt
08-09-2006, 07:00 PM
Lmao, Ill hold back.. Yeh I guess its a both way kinds thing

Hard Boiled HK
08-09-2006, 07:41 PM
Well noticing someone's watch isn't all that shallow. I guess it's just paying close attention to details.

K-DOGG
08-10-2006, 11:14 AM
Shallow or not, I LOVE a nice watch. To me, there's just something classy about a real nice watch. It's like, "yeah, I may be subject to time like everyone else; but I do it with style." :D

Hell, I might as well have this one little vice. ;)

The Noose
08-10-2006, 01:26 PM
Shallow or not, I LOVE a nice watch. To me, there's just something classy about a real nice watch. It's like, "yeah, I may be subject to time like everyone else; but I do it with style." :D

Hell, I might as well have this one little vice. ;)

U call liking a persons watch a vice? lol
I bet ur a real hellraiser at parties!

;)

K-DOGG
08-10-2006, 01:47 PM

;)

LOL!!! These days, no....I had to give up my "other" vices. :D

* FeistyWench *
08-10-2006, 01:49 PM

;)
i think he just appreciates a nice fine watch. lol!

personally, i am a bit girlie and have a weakness for jewelry.
NICE jewelry - which inclides a really nice watch, so i am guilty as well. :o

RAESAAD
08-10-2006, 01:52 PM
A hawt watch on a Hawt man = Me. :cool:

MANGLER
01-07-2010, 01:35 AM

What do you guys think?

Hell no. That theory makes 0 sense. A watch is just a watch.