View Full Version : Today was a GOOD DAY!!

Ta Khent
08-03-2006, 06:03 PM
Greeting to all,

Something happened to me a work today that was so amazing and unexpected, that I just had to share it with you.

I'm a CPA currently employed with the government working as an auditor. The bulk of my work deals with auditing various companies or contractors who are awarded contracts with the government to perform services or manufacture products. Well, about two weeks ago, I'm performed an audit at a contractors' business and discovered some fraudulent practices. I pulled a statistical sample of account balances from the contractor's General Ledger to trace back to the source documents. While looking at some invoices from a particular account, I noticed several large dollar invoices for consulting services that had the same signature, but were different from the signatures from rest of the invoices. So, I traced those invoices back to their respective purchase orders and noticed those purchase orders had the same signature as well. The invoices were from the same company so, I researched the company to determine if it was legit. It turned out that the company did not exist. I then passed on the information to our Fraud Investigation Division. Well, two weeks went by and I hadn't heard a thing. Well, today I get a call from the lead investigator informing me that the contractor had defrauded the government out of 2.5 million dollars. He then tells me that because I uncovered the fraud, I get 10%. That equates to 250K all tax free. I was like Holy ****!!!

BrooklynBomber
08-03-2006, 06:55 PM
Greeting to all,

Something happened to me a work today that was so amazing and unexpected, that I just had to share it with you.

I'm a CPA currently employed with the government working as an auditor. The bulk of my work deals with auditing various companies or contractors who are awarded contracts with the government to perform services or manufacture products. Well, about two weeks ago, I'm performed an audit at a contractors' business and discovered some fraudulent practices. I pulled a statistical sample of account balances from the contractor's General Ledger to trace back to the source documents. While looking at some invoices from a particular account, I noticed several large dollar invoices for consulting services that had the same signature, but were different from the signatures from rest of the invoices. So, I traced those invoices back to their respective purchase orders and noticed those purchase orders had the same signature as well. The invoices were from the same company so, I researched the company to determine if it was legit. It turned out that the company did not exist. I then passed on the information to our Fraud Investigation Division. Well, two weeks went by and I hadn't heard a thing. Well, today I get a call from the lead investigator informing me that the contractor had defrauded the government out of 2.5 million dollars. He then tells me that because I uncovered the fraud, I get 10%. That equates to 250K all tax free. I was like Holy ****!!!
Cingratulations, nice early christmass present, and well deserved too.

PATO 1
08-03-2006, 08:40 PM
**** id be in vegas blowin that **** by now

Hard Boiled HK
08-03-2006, 08:53 PM
Greeting to all,

Very nice!

Famoso Matador
08-03-2006, 09:39 PM
Congrats on a job well done :friday: :headbang: :fest30:

Verstyle
08-03-2006, 10:38 PM
yeah hell.congrads. damn now i wanna snitch on ppl now(i know its your job) i wonder what can i do to get huge money

borikua
08-03-2006, 10:46 PM
250K!!! Damn!!!

!! AI-Holmes!!
08-03-2006, 10:49 PM
Holy smokes, you getting some mega cash, and just for doing your job. Enjoy.

PBDS
08-04-2006, 09:12 AM
Greeting to all,

.....What exactly will my cut be? :cool: You better hope those guys don't come looking for you over that. Obviously they are going to know that it was you that got em pinched.

platinummatt
08-04-2006, 09:50 AM
woah! save it!

Ta Khent
08-04-2006, 10:37 AM
.....What exactly will my cut be? :cool: You better hope those guys don't come looking for you over that. Obviously they are going to know that it was you that got em pinched.

There's nothing they can do to me. It's part of my job to expose these a-holes if they're cheating the government.

* FeistyWench *
08-04-2006, 10:39 AM
There's nothing they can do to me. It's part of my job to expose these a-holes if they're cheating the government.
i bet you'll be looking for those "cheaters" a lot more now.
very nice bonus. frankly, i am jealous as hell. :p :D

Ta Khent
08-04-2006, 10:56 AM
Apparently, the CFO of the company created a dummy company with a bank account. He then created false purchase orders and vouchers to bill the company for payment. You would think he did this for his own benefit, but he actually did it to benefit the company. The company gets reimbursed from the government all costs incurred on the contract plus a profit fee of 15 percent. Because of his actions, the company will have to pay a huge fine and he could possibly do some jail time.

PBDS
08-05-2006, 01:52 AM

....Nice work, and I hate you for getting a huge chunk of change like that. ;)

RAESAAD
08-05-2006, 02:27 AM
Greeting to all,

Wow thats great.....good for you. :boobies:

* FeistyWench *
08-05-2006, 09:59 AM
....Nice work, and I hate you for getting a huge chunk of change like that. ;)
right!?!

i make good money, but i will never get 250k as a tax free bonus :eek:

how the hell does that tax free thing work? technically it should be taxed, shouldn't it?

Hard Boiled HK
08-06-2006, 12:30 AM
right!?!

i make good money, but i will never get 250k as a tax free bonus :eek:

What kind of work do you do?

* FeistyWench *
08-06-2006, 10:07 AM
What kind of work do you do?
i am a child psychologist, but i am self-employed and work as a psychological consultant to different school districts. i won't bore you with the details. ;) :p

Hard Boiled HK
08-06-2006, 06:21 PM
i am a child psychologist, but i am self-employed and work as a psychological consultant to different school districts. i won't bore you with the details. ;) :p

So you are a freelance psychologist from home basically? Or do you have your own office? Also, are we talking about a PhD here?

MANGLER
01-07-2010, 02:00 AM
I had a good day today too, tho nothin particularly special happened. Had lunch at Olive Garden that was gr8. Got me feelin good for the 2nd half of the day. Closed 3 deals, no arguments at the office.