View Full Version : Randleman talks about Ortiz......

realkaps
11-27-2002, 01:35 PM
From www.pridefc.com .........

PRIDE Fighting Championships: I should warn you. This interview is being taped so anything you say can and will be held against you.

Kevin Randleman: You think I care? You think I care if Tito Ortiz hears what I've got to say? I'll get on a plane and go to California and if anybody says anything to me, I'll beat his ass. He knows it. He's a punk. He said some **** about me and if I ever get the chance to spit in his face, everů I love his wife. I'm sure he has a beautiful child and God bless them. But Tito, himself, ****ed up when he said something about me. I don't take kindly to people disrespecting me because I don't disrespect them. One day I'm going to get him. It might not be now but if I ever hear him say something bad about me, I'll get on a plane and I'll be at Long Beach at his gym, threatening his ass. And I'll **** him up. He can't beat me. He's a punk. He's a *****. He fights little ****ing girls. He hasn't fought the guys I've fought.

PRIDE: Who was blonde first, you or him?

Randleman: I was blonde in Brazil. I've been blonde forever. I cut my hair off. I got red-hair. Hell, back home I used to go purple. If my son says "Dad, color you hair green", then I'm going green. I don't care. I don't have a problem.

PRIDE: What do you know about your opponent Yamamoto?

Randleman: I've seen him fight 4 different people. I saw him fight Miletich and fight TK. He's like me. He comes straight out to the middle of the ring and goes to it. I enjoy those type of fights. Guys like Ohara who sit backů. Well, there's not way I can say anything about that fight because I fought like crap. I fought him but I should have done more. I didn't feel well. I couldn't breathe and was taking short breaths. As far as Yamamoto goes, I don't know how big he is or how small he is. I just see that he's in shape. He's very cool. When he's on the bottom, he's cool. He doesn't get all crazy. But, then again, he's never fought anyone with my power and I don't think he's ever fought anyone as quick as me. And, I know he's never fought anyone as mean as me. I think he's a great fighter. Anyone who gets in the ring is a great fighter. I'm hoping that he comes out and fights like I've seen him on tape. Just for the record, I don't have any ill will against Tito Ortiz. It's just the fact that he said some things and I mean, hey, the bottom line is that I'm the kind of guy that when I heard than he and his wife were in an accident, I cried because I like them both. I called him and prayed on his answering machine. I prayed for him and his wife to get better. Then a month or 2 later, his wife was even pissed at him for what he said about me. So, I am in the right for calling him every name in the book.

PRIDE: What did he say?

Randleman: Someone asked him about fighting me and then he started talking about how big I am. But, people don't realize that Tito walks around at 230 lbs. I'm at 215 lb. fighter. Always. And then he's gonna say that I'm juicing it up? Hey man, I'm sorry to say it but I've never seen someone as big as your ass drop weight and cut weight and get big and all that stuff. So, why don't you fight a man? That's the small and the short of it. I thought he had more respect for me than that. I would never have said something like that. I rather say that you're going to kick my ass than that. That's unfounded information. I worked my butt off. I've been in the ring all my life, from high school.

PRIDE: Things like that you have to be sure of before you say them.

Randleman: And he's been fueling it. Every time I have an interview and have a chance to, I tell the UFC "**** the UFC." Bastards. They didn't want to pay me the money they were supposed to pay me, the cheap bastards. That's why I'm suing them and they're gonna pay me the money in arbitration anyway so they can suck me. But, I want to see the UFC put their top dogs against PRIDE's top dogs. I guarantee you they cannot touch PRIDE. They've got frickin' animals over here. I'm not saying the UFC doesn't. They've got great fighters. It's just that there's a plethora of the mother****ers over here. There's a lot.

PRIDE: Do you have anything you'd like to say other than about the UFC or Tito?

Randleman: I just can't get enough of that.

PRIDE: Ok, what do you do to relax?

Randleman: I've got my Play Station 2 up in my room. I've got my football. I've got my computer access. I read a lot. I've been sitting in my room, just reading and relaxing. The first couple of times that I came over, I was like a kid. I'm new to the game. I've only been involved in this for like 4 years and I still don't know how to fight. I'm still learning as I go. But, right now, I'm more of a relaxed fighter.

PRIDE: What do you do, besides fighting, to get your adrenaline flowing?

Randleman: I like to get in a car and drive on a racetrack. I like to rock-climb. Swimming. I travel a lot with my wife. I like to enjoy life. If my son calls up and says "Dad, I've got a game tomorrow. Will you be here?", I'm there. I have an enjoyable life. This is easy. I've fought all my life. The things that I've gone through all my life makes this easy to handle. What I do really helps my kinds enjoy their life. I love my daughter and my son. It's a joy and I'm just happy that someone made this game. I'm happy that I'm still doing it and it just makes my life easier.

PRIDE: You wrestled before you entered MMA. What's your highest victory?

Randleman: I was the National Champion for Ohio State and I walked away before my senior year. I had so many broken bones. I wrestled every year of my life with a broken something. A broken jaw, one year. Year before that, I won nationals with 2 broken ribs and 2 broken hands. I've 171 matches in college and lost 11 and I didn't even wrestle my senior year. I only lost 6 matches in high school. I'm a stud.

Your thoughts??

James Fulton
11-27-2002, 01:41 PM
Randleman is a tough SOB that not many people can beat. I just wish he was more exciting...

At least he finished his last fight.

realkaps
11-27-2002, 01:49 PM
BTW, this interview was conducted before pride 23 if you couldnt tell.....

child supreme
11-27-2002, 02:13 PM
he's pretty cool but to much talking.

HockeyFighter
11-27-2002, 02:20 PM
Really. I thought he was having a rematch with Yamamoto.

Tanner Rhoden
11-27-2002, 02:31 PM
[quote:49707d2634="HockeyFighter"]Really. I thought he was having a rematch with Yamamoto.[/quote:49707d2634]

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!

Piedra
11-27-2002, 05:12 PM
Randleman lost against lidell if he wants to fight Tito he must earn his shot at him.

realkaps
11-27-2002, 05:25 PM
Notice how it says, "if you couldnt tell", come on I know you canadian but thats no excuse......

ParazIT
11-27-2002, 08:12 PM
it's too bad he's boring....but I thought he did well in his last fight...

seldomTap
11-27-2002, 08:22 PM
Randleman could be anything I think...if he does well in Pride for a while, gets a few wins against decent competition, he could be up for an Ortiz payday...

DOGGx0
11-27-2002, 08:28 PM
i think tito can take him

purerockfury
11-28-2002, 11:46 AM
i think that randleman could control tito on the ground but i dont think he could finish tito and tito is really good at finishing people with his open a cut or ref stop i dont know how it would end but would be a boring fight is all i can say

realkaps
11-28-2002, 12:38 PM
I agree with you purerockfury, welcome to global.......

Fallout
11-28-2002, 04:27 PM
Why does everyone say Tito is boring? I can only think of two boring fights with Tito in it.

Vlad and Mezger (the second one). The only with Silva wasn't excatly exciting, so lets say MAYBE 3. The other ones have been great though.

Tanner, well he nearly slammed him threw the mat. He pounded on Elvis badly, samething with Yuki, and his fights with the brothers Shamrock are both the stuff legends are made off.

realkaps
11-28-2002, 04:45 PM
I dont think Tito is boring, but both there styles would make for a boring match IMO.......

purerockfury
01-01-2003, 10:54 PM
i will tell you why i think it would be boring both of them are wrestlers so when ones gets the takedown the other is going to try to wrestle for control both are hella strong so they are going to be locked up for the whole round then next round and goes to the ground locked up and so on till ortiz gets the jd

Zen
01-01-2003, 11:43 PM
I was watching the UFC special last night, and damn Randleman is huge! If he's not juicing he is one of the most genetically gifted human beings I have ever seen in my life!

momita
01-02-2003, 11:12 AM
Unless Tito uses some of the stand up he used with Shamrock, might not be that boring after all...............
other wise it will probably be as purerockfury says, boring because of the lock ups.