View Full Version : Things getting weirder

PATO 1
07-31-2006, 11:38 AM
ok so as some of you people know me an others like Platinumm have just left school

i'm just wonderin did ya'll start feelin like things with an around you are changin

i mean all of a sudden it seems i wanna find a girl and just settle down , get a job etc

but i really really do want a girlfriend , more than normallly because normally i get with girls than after a week just forget about her but not now i dont

just seems things are gettin weirder ala amerrican pie 2

platinummatt
07-31-2006, 11:57 AM
I've got another year in school el. Maybe your need to find a girlfriend, well this may be stating the obvious.. etc along with finding a job, is a search for stability. School is stable. 6 hours a day 5 days a week. Now you have finished school you do not have that stability, and you have no routine. Perhaps you are finding this hard to cope with, and are searching for routine and stability. ( sorry if that was all obvious )

RAESAAD
07-31-2006, 12:03 PM
Life changes real fast for most unless you are a pampered little ***** like Blood****.Becoming a man and moving out on your own and paying bills sucks but it is good for you and teaches you responsibility.......Don't rush into relationships they only complicate an already complicated time in life.......at this point you are best off to find em,**** em and flee em.

OptimusWolf
07-31-2006, 12:05 PM
Mate things change quite often in life, and all I can say is take advantage of the opportunities to widen your experience of the world whenever they present themselves.

Sure you need to be able to support yourself at some point (get a job and a career etc) and its nice to have a steady gfriend that you can feel comfortable with, but I wouldn't rush into those things until you feel its really worth it.

Study as hard as you can to get a better chance of the career you want. You don't have to go to university but it is a unique experience and most people get a lot out of it (and the financial return is positive for most people regardless of what people might say about student debt). Likewise if you can travel that is great - I wish I had taken a year after finishing uni to go round the world without a care in the world.

I'm 24 and now the settling down feeling is getting a bit more pervasive (steadyish girl, taking job a bit more seriously, wanting the flat to be tidy etc!) but theres still a lot I want to do that makes settling down difficult. I've worked abroad but I'd like to spend a year working in Paris or New York, plus I'd like to travel round Europe for a few months by rail or car. Plus being more flexible and having more time for friends allows you to try more things. I started skiing last year and now I wonder why I waited so long, it's amazing!

In short, try and fill your life with as much fun (your sort of fun) as possible whilst not neglecting the more serious side. But don't miss out on things for 'sensible' reasons that you are likely to look back at with a tinge of regret.

PATO 1
07-31-2006, 01:08 PM
yeah i guess

platinummatt
07-31-2006, 01:52 PM
Its probably a wanting for stability as I said earlier.. I dont know man

K-DOGG
07-31-2006, 02:33 PM
....Welcome to the real world. ;)

Incidentally, to echo Raesaad, don't look to get into a relationship and "settle down" because it seems like the "right thing to do" now. That's a sure fire way to screw up part of you life. If "that part" is suppossed to happen, you'll know it when the time comes.

Chase your dreams, never give up, and don't forget your friends and family....they're the ones who will pull your ass out of the fire should things get rough.

.....and Good Luck.

OptimusWolf
07-31-2006, 03:18 PM
well said K-dogg, family and friends are worth more than anything, treat them wth tender care.

platinummatt
07-31-2006, 03:47 PM
yeh dont forget yuor family

PATO 1
07-31-2006, 05:56 PM
yeah of course

Smokin'
07-31-2006, 06:01 PM
yeah im kinda feelin the same way cuz school was kinda routine for me and now it seems i got a little more time on my hands then usual which is why ive got a job comin up next monday to get a constant cashflow and a 7-3 type thing each day of the week.

Only difference between me and you is I'm kinda young just outta high school (17) and I don't turn 18 until January and all I want to do for a little while is have fun and definitely NOT settle down. I don't wanna be with the same girl for the rest of my life unless she really sweeps me off the feet and all that good stuff.

I've talked to a couple guys I know that have stayed with their high school sweetheart and they're 22 now and they told me to just try and **** as many as you can and have fun b/c it is kind of boring with the same girl during your adult years (basically like 18-26 or w/e).

phallus
07-31-2006, 07:44 PM
Mate things change quite often in life, and all I can say is take advantage of the opportunities to widen your experience of the world whenever they present themselves.

Sure you need to be able to support yourself at some point (get a job and a career etc) and its nice to have a steady gfriend that you can feel comfortable with, but I wouldn't rush into those things until you feel its really worth it.

Study as hard as you can to get a better chance of the career you want. You don't have to go to university but it is a unique experience and most people get a lot out of it (and the financial return is positive for most people regardless of what people might say about student debt). Likewise if you can travel that is great - I wish I had taken a year after finishing uni to go round the world without a care in the world.

I'm 24 and now the settling down feeling is getting a bit more pervasive (steadyish girl, taking job a bit more seriously, wanting the flat to be tidy etc!) but theres still a lot I want to do that makes settling down difficult. I've worked abroad but I'd like to spend a year working in Paris or New York, plus I'd like to travel round Europe for a few months by rail or car. Plus being more flexible and having more time for friends allows you to try more things. I started skiing last year and now I wonder why I waited so long, it's amazing!

In short, try and fill your life with as much fun (your sort of fun) as possible whilst not neglecting the more serious side. But don't miss out on things for 'sensible' reasons that you are likely to look back at with a tinge of regret.

good advice, having regrets sucks, the more interesting things u see though, i think the less interested in settling down - makes u curious what's out there - all the fine ***** u could be missin out on that's in another country

PATO 1
07-31-2006, 07:56 PM
i know what u guys our sayin bout going an gettin all women

but ive done that for 3years yano

THE REAL NINJA
07-31-2006, 08:21 PM
It all goes down hill from here :( pretty soon all your friends will be in the army or have a family . You will try at first to keep things the same but they never do. After a while you wont want to go out or have fun because you need to save that little energy that you have left to live off of for work. You will begin to welcome death but even the Grim Reaper doesnt have time for you anymore :(

platinummatt
07-31-2006, 10:29 PM
It all goes down hill from here :( pretty soon all your friends will be in the army or have a family . You will try at first to keep things the same but they never do. After a while you wont want to go out or have fun because you need to save that little energy that you have left to live off of for work. You will begin to welcome death but even the Grim Reaper doesnt have time for you anymore :(
lol so optimistic.

THE REAL NINJA
07-31-2006, 10:48 PM
lol so optimistic.
I share my pain and you laugh at me :(

K-DOGG
08-01-2006, 12:40 PM
i know what u guys our sayin bout going an gettin all women

but ive done that for 3years yano

Look, nothing against settling down; but look at it this way: girls aside, 'kay. You're like 18 or so, right? If you're lucky, you'll live like another 50 or so years. 50>18...see? In another 18 years, you'll be 36...which is close to my age...and I'm NOT old, 'kay.

Now is the time to explore...not girls, they're always gonna be out there; and if there's not one that you want to settle down with at the moment, don't look for one because that's generalizing as if you were shopping for a head of lettuce at Kroger....women are NOT produce; and if you "pick one" out to settle down with because you "feel" it's "time" to settle down, you're doing it for the WRONG reasons....pure and simple; and NO GOOD can come from that.

Use this time to travel and see what you've always wanted to see or do what you've always wanted to do because when you do "settle down" and have a family, odds are you won't have time until the kids grow up and move away....and then you may not have the money. Right now you have a minimal of responsibilities....take advantage of that. Your "wife" may not want to do anything other than raise rugrats or whatever...she might be focused on her career and not want kids; but whatever her wants are...You Are Going to Have to Respect Them because once you "settle down", it's NO LONGER about YOU......IT'S ABOUT WE OR US. Dig?

Take advantage of the time you've got right now to live and explore and go on adventures because marriage or relationships are a whole different set of rules....they are a journey by themselves without any other adventures involved unless you and her AGREE on doing the same things.

YOU WILL NOT BE THE BOSS.....ANY DECISION AFTER "SETTLING DOWN" WILL BE JOINT DECISIONS....not just yours.

...Just some food for thought.

platinummatt
08-01-2006, 12:44 PM
good post K dogg

K-DOGG
08-01-2006, 03:24 PM
good post K dogg

...based on experience, bro.

PATO 1
08-01-2006, 04:26 PM
yeah thanks k-dogg

its just every like good lookin girl i've been seeing i have felt weirder than normal

like normally i could just go speak 2 a girl knowing i have a good chance with her which made me very confident and self-assured but now its like , if i do go speak 2 her what if we both want diferent things etc

K-DOGG
08-01-2006, 04:39 PM
yeah thanks k-dogg

its just every like good lookin girl i've been seeing i have felt weirder than normal

like normally i could just go speak 2 a girl knowing i have a good chance with her which made me very confident and self-assured but now its like , if i do go speak 2 her what if we both want diferent things etc

I know. It's a big time in your life and theirs. Don't worry about it....as long as you're true to yourself and honest with them, everything will work out the way it should.

PATO 1
08-01-2006, 05:36 PM
When i say settle down i do just mean stay with 1 girl for a few months an see how it goes from there

K-DOGG
08-01-2006, 05:50 PM
When i say settle down i do just mean stay with 1 girl for a few months an see how it goes from there

*chuckles* Girls don't "settle down" for "a few months", though.

PATO 1
08-01-2006, 06:26 PM
*chuckles* Girls don't "settle down" for "a few months", though.
LOL i dont really stay in relationships much i get bored but i think if the right girl came along i could but i am pretty weird with my picks of girls

K-DOGG
08-01-2006, 06:32 PM
LOL i dont really stay in relationships much i get bored but i think if the right girl came along i could but i am pretty weird with my picks of girls

lol!! We all are. :D What you've got to hope for is to run across a girl who's "pretty weird" with her taste in guys. ;)

Believe it. You think you're the "hunter"; but, in reality, "we" are the "hunted".

You'll understand when it happens. ;)

PATO 1
08-01-2006, 06:35 PM
lol!! We all are. :D What you've got to hope for is to run across a girl who's "pretty weird" with her taste in guys. ;)

Believe it. You think you're the "hunter"; but, in reality, "we" are the "hunted".

lol i dont mean weird in like they are weirdos

i mean like most guys go for girls with amazin bodys recognized sluts etc . but i only like girls with cute faces an easy 2 get along with somethin ive been criticized 4 but always end up gettin the last laugh

K-DOGG
08-01-2006, 07:01 PM

i mean like most guys go for girls with amazin bodys recognized sluts etc . but i only like girls with cute faces an easy 2 get along with somethin ive been criticized 4 but always end up gettin the last laugh

lol!! I know you don't mean "weirdos'", dog. I gotcha. You've got your own taste and things you look for that you find attractive that maybe your boys don't agree with....'sall good. You know what you're looking for and that's all that matters.

What I'm saying is "they" will generally find you and you won't even know you've been "got" until it's "too late"....but the cool thing is, you won't mind one bit. ;)

PATO 1
08-01-2006, 07:04 PM
lol!! I know you don't mean "weirdos'", dog. I gotcha. You've got your own taste and things you look for that you find attractive that maybe your boys don't agree with....'sall good. You know what you're looking for and that's all that matters.

What I'm saying is "they" will generally find you and you won't even know you've been "got" until it's "too late"....but the cool thing is, you won't mind one bit. ;)

yeah i mean my best friend always tells me if i go lookin for it i wont find it which leaves you in imo a hard situation i mean you really want somethin u cant go try an have

* FeistyWench *
08-01-2006, 07:13 PM

listen, you need to realize nothing really has changed.
i do think you are too young to be worried about wanting different things. persue a girl you are attracted to just like you always did, and if you really seem to like her, you see her again and keep seeing her until it is obvious that you are dating, in a relationship or whatever... just go with the flow and follow your heart. if you get bored, you break up and start all over again. nothing wrong with wanting to date someone rather than just haveing one night stands or whatever. most women want something more serious than a one night stand any way, so you are good. keep that confidence you have always had and remember not to stress over it. just go with it. ultimately you can have any kind of relationship you want with a girl, but don;t worry about it from the start...let it unfold on its own.

K-DOGG
08-01-2006, 07:16 PM
i do think you are too young to be worried about wanting different things. persue a girl you are attracted to just like you always did, and if you really seem to like her, you see her again and keep seeing her until it is obvious that you are dating, in a relationship or whatever... just go with the flow and follow your heart. if you get bored, you break up and start all over again. nothing wrong with wanting to date someone rather than just haveing one night stands or whatever. most women want something more serious than a one night stand any way, so you are good. keep that confidence you have always had and remember not to stress over it. just go with it. ultimately you can have any kind of relationship you want with a girl, but don;t worry about it from the start...let it unfold on its own.

...much better than the way I was trying to say it.

Listen to the woman, El terrible. :D

PATO 1
08-01-2006, 07:24 PM

thanks you an k-dogg are like cyber- brother n sister LOL

i dont know why i think everythin has changed then

* FeistyWench *
08-01-2006, 07:30 PM
thanks you an k-dogg are like cyber- brother n sister LOL

i dont know why i think everythin has changed then
what it is mate, is that you are maturing. plain and simple.
you want something with just a little more substance. nothing wrong with that. :cool:

PATO 1
08-01-2006, 07:32 PM
I know but it just seems weird that in seniors i got a bit bored of girls jus constantly like comin up2 2 me etc

now i cant get 1 to and i just think it would be better if i started seein a nice girl

K-DOGG
08-01-2006, 07:36 PM
I know but it just seems weird that in seniors i got a bit bored of girls jus constantly like comin up2 2 me etc

now i cant get 1 to and i just think it would be better if i started seein a nice girl

...go with that.

The rest will fall into place....just don't try and "force" anything.

* FeistyWench *
08-01-2006, 07:36 PM

part of the problem is when you are younger you have greater access to girls (in school).

as you get older it is harder to meet girls and play the field. yes, i agree, that you do need to start seeing a nice girl ;)

PATO 1
08-01-2006, 07:38 PM
part of the problem is when you are younger you have greater access to girls (in school).

as you get older it is harder to meet girls and play the field. yes, i agree, that you do need to start seeing a nice girl ;)

Damnit if only u werent pregnant :cool: ;)

platinummatt
08-01-2006, 08:52 PM
and married... lmao that could have a couple probs

PATO 1
08-02-2006, 04:02 PM
yea i guess it was a joke though

platinummatt
08-02-2006, 05:24 PM
yeh I know lol

phallus
08-02-2006, 07:33 PM

u are wise beyond your years, kikade-san...i got a new bettie page screensaver i think u'de like, however, i'm busy making my own - has more beaver shots

MANGLER
01-07-2010, 01:53 AM
ok so as some of you people know me an others like Platinumm have just left school

i'm just wonderin did ya'll start feelin like things with an around you are changin

i mean all of a sudden it seems i wanna find a girl and just settle down , get a job etc

but i really really do want a girlfriend , more than normallly because normally i get with girls than after a week just forget about her but not now i dont

just seems things are gettin weirder ala amerrican pie 2

Nothin immediately changed for me when high school ended. I was still drinkin, smokin, and ****in every chance I got.