View Full Version : Couture talks about Tank and injury.....

realkaps
11-28-2002, 06:48 AM
From MMAweekly.com

We talked with Randy Couture last night about what exactly happened with him and Tank over the weekend. MMAWeekly sets the record straight regarding the rumors.

Couture would love to fight Tank. As far as certain rumors: Couture did make his way to the Octagon to talk with Abbott, but the interview was wrapping up with Joe Rogan and he did not get a chance to talk to Tank Abbott one on one. He also did not drop any "F-bombs" and act like a crazy lunatic as some eye witnesses' told us.

Right now the most important date is December 9th. Couture told us "I will be heading to the doctor to see if I can get clearance to fight. If I get that clearance than I can start to train." So December will be the next step to see if "The Natural" can fight again. When asked if he would like to fight Tank, Randy said "I would love to fight Tank, that's why I wanted to approach him." When asked when he might be coming back he said "I'm not sure yet. I would love to fight in February, but I think that would be a long shot right now. I will have to see what the doctors tell me in December."

seldomTap
11-28-2002, 08:14 PM
I hope that the Doctor says Randy is good to go...if not he should see Dr Nick to get a 'second opinion'

Randy v Tank would be an excellent fight to see, Randy by complete demolition

James Fulton
11-28-2002, 08:37 PM
Randy would get the takedown and beat Tank's ass.