View Full Version : The 80's

THE REAL NINJA
07-17-2006, 01:34 PM
What were your favorite TV shows, music, movies etc

jason100x
07-17-2006, 02:03 PM
Wow, favorite '80s shows and music, I have to go with what comes to mind first, these are what I listened or watched in the '80s:

TV Shows: Miami Vice, Magnum PI, Dallas, Dukes Of Hazzard, Three's Company (last few seasons), Dr. Who (as it was rerun in America)

Music: Genesis, Phil Collins, Lionel Richie, Van Halen, Foreigner, Journey, Joe Satriani, Hall And Oates, Scorpions, Dokken, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Metallica, Whitney Houston, Madonna, The Police/Sting, Aerosmith, Eric Clapton, The Who

Movies: Rocky 3 and 4, First Blood and Rambo 2, Commando, Beverly Hills Cop 1 and 2, the James Bond movies in the '80s including License To Kill, Empire Strikes Back and Return Of The Jedi, the Indiana Jones movies, Kinjite: Forbidden Subjects, Death Wish 3, The Evil That Men Do, the Nightmare On Elm Street movies and the '80s Friday the 13th movies

* FeistyWench *
07-17-2006, 05:26 PM
i loved the 80's - esp. the early 80's!
i was into "new wave" - now referred to as "old wave".
i loved the clothes and hair style! i went for the farrah fawcett roll. i never wore those neon colors, the socks with the high heels, or the madonna fashion.

i loved john hughes films and similar films (16 candles, breakfast club, pretty in pink, st. elmo's fire, etc.).

magicjordan
07-17-2006, 05:39 PM
i love listening to new wave.i like breakdancing too!even now i listen to big 80's.i like the cure,depeche mode,duran duran,tears for fears,flock of seaguls,modern english,the cars,prince,michael jackson,wham,spandau ballet,guns n roses,bon jovi,petshop boys,omd,and more.........i love the 80's

magicjordan
07-17-2006, 05:43 PM
movies-E.T,ROCKY,BACK TO THE FUTURE,INDIANA JONES,NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET,GOD MUST BE CRAZY,CANNON BALL RUN,JAMES BOND MOVIES AND MORE...

phallus
07-17-2006, 05:50 PM
i hated the 80's, they were a ****ing nightmare, big hair, cocaine, shoulder pads...the only thing that was good about the 80's was that they ended and the 90's began

The Missing Lin
07-17-2006, 07:41 PM
i loved the clothes and hair style! i went for the farrah fawcett roll. i never wore those neon colors, the socks with the high heels, or the madonna fashion.

i loved john hughes films and similar films (16 candles, breakfast club, pretty in pink, st. elmo's fire, etc.).
I still love New Wave music to this day. I dont think it will ever seem old to me.

PBDS
07-17-2006, 07:46 PM

...Alot of those movies you liked had new wave and or alternative music in them as the majority of the soundtracks. I loved the cutting edge music of the 80's. It was a great time to be alive. I got more *****, drank more alcohol, and partied more than most people do in a lifetime. :D

PBDS
07-17-2006, 07:51 PM
i love listening to new wave.i like breakdancing too!even now i listen to big 80's.i like the cure,depeche mode,duran duran,tears for fears,flock of seaguls,modern english,the cars,prince,michael jackson,wham,spandau ballet,guns n roses,bon jovi,petshop boys,omd,and more.........i love the 80's

...****in eh, but what about Men At Work, REM, Icicle works, Violent Fems, The Smiths, INXS, Duran Duran(kind of ambarassed by that one), Oingo Boingo, The Cure, The Call, The Cult, etc. etc.

...sorry, didn't see Duran Duran on there

The Missing Lin
07-17-2006, 07:52 PM
I still like all the music from back in the 80's and I listened to pretty much everything.

PBDS
07-17-2006, 07:56 PM
I still like all the music from back in the 80's and I listened to pretty much everything.

...Yep, I pretty much feel the same way.

07-17-2006, 08:15 PM
...****in eh, but what about Men At Work, REM, Icicle works, Violent Fems, The Smiths, INXS, Duran Duran(kind of ambarassed by that one), Oingo Boingo, The Cure, The Call, The Cult, etc. etc.

...sorry, didn't see Duran Duran on there
The Cult. What a great band. I forgot all about them guys. Ian Ashbury had a cool and unique voice. I can't remember the name of the cd but it had a picture of a Indian on the front. Very cool cd. Fire Woman. Ha what trip through memory lane.

SonnyG8R
07-17-2006, 08:16 PM
...Alot of those movies you liked had new wave and or alternative music in them as the majority of the soundtracks. I loved the cutting edge music of the 80's. It was a great time to be alive. I got more *****, drank more alcohol, and partied more than most people do in a lifetime. :D

I can relate. :cool:

07-17-2006, 08:21 PM
Ceromony. That's the name of that Cult cd.

jason100x
07-17-2006, 08:40 PM

I thought the socks with the high heels rather sexy, especially the real colorful ones. And as long as the girls didn't cut their hair short particularly in that weird pixie style, the hair was pretty good.

SonnyG8R
07-17-2006, 08:47 PM
Great 80's music:

Guns N Roses
AC/DC
Rush
U2
Dire Straits
Van Halen
Blondie
Talking Heads
B-52's
Elvis Costello & The Attractions
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Peter Gabriel
Queensrych
R.E.M.
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
The Traveling Wilburys
Ozzy Osbourne
Eric Clapton
Police
J. Geils Band
Supertramp
George Thorogood & The Destroyers
Jane's Addiction
Oingo Boingo
Dinosaur Jr

I also liked some of those 1 hit wonder tunes like Tainted Love, 867-5309/Jenny, and Whip it. :D

* FeistyWench *
07-17-2006, 09:32 PM
The Cult. What a great band. I forgot all about them guys. Ian Ashbury had a cool and unique voice. I can't remember the name of the cd but it had a picture of a Indian on the front. Very cool cd. Fire Woman. Ha what trip through memory lane.
i love the video for fire woman.
that song is awesome. i have it on my ipod with some other great cult songs.

* FeistyWench *
07-17-2006, 09:33 PM
I thought the socks with the high heels rather sexy, especially the real colorful ones. And as long as the girls didn't cut their hair short particularly in that weird pixie style, the hair was pretty good.
that look was especially sexy on the chicks in the ZZ Top videos. i always wanted to look like them, but couldn't pull it off as a girl just entering adolescence. :o

SonnyG8R
07-17-2006, 09:54 PM
Great movies of the 80's included:

Airplane
American Werewolf in London
An Officer and a Gentleman
Back To The Future
Back To The Future II
Bachelor Party
Beetlejuice
Beverly Hills Cop
Beverly Hills Cop II
Big
Bill & Ted's Exc. Adventure
Caddyshack
Die Hard
Empire Strikes Back
Fast Times At Ridgemont High
Flash Gordon
Fletch
Friday the 13th
Friday the 13th part II
Ghostbusters
Hellraiser
Highlander
Karate Kid
Lethal Weapon
Night Shift
Pink Floyd: The Wall
Predator
Purple Rain
Raging Bull
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Raising Arizona
Rambo
Repo Man
Return of The Jedi
Risky Business
The Road Warrior
Rocky III
Romancing The Stone
Scarface
The Shining
Spaceballs
St. Elmo's Fire
Stripes
Summer School
Superman II
Terminator
Thief
This is Spinal Tap
To live and Die in LA
Trading Places
Tron
Twilight Zone Movie
Twins
The Untouchables
Used Cars
WarGames
Weird Science
When Harry Met Sally
Who Framed Roger Rabbit

RAESAAD
07-17-2006, 09:57 PM
The 80s......and late 70s.
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g96/Madrae/darth_vader_closeup.jpg

07-17-2006, 10:00 PM
i love the video for fire woman.
that song is awesome. i have it on my ipod with some other great cult songs.
I just DL'd a bunch of Cult songs for mine. I can't believe I forgot about that band. I feel retarded sometimes. :eek:

SonnyG8R
07-17-2006, 10:01 PM
Great tv shows of the 80's:

One Day At A Time
The Dukes Of Hazzard
What's happening
Good Times
The Love Boat
Fantasy Island
The Jeffersons
Threes Company
Alice
M.A.S.H
Magnum PI
A-Team
Miami Vice
Family Ties
Night Court
Roseanne
Cosby Show
Cheers
The Wonder Years

THE REAL NINJA
07-18-2006, 09:04 AM
Great tv shows of the 80's:

One Day At A Time
The Dukes Of Hazzard
What's happening
Good Times
The Love Boat
Fantasy Island
The Jeffersons
Threes Company
Alice
M.A.S.H
Magnum PI
A-Team
Miami Vice
Family Ties
Night Court
Roseanne
Cosby Show
Cheers
The Wonder Years
By far the best Tv shows ever came from the 80's ..Perfect strangers lmao how do i remember that

Southpaw Stinger
07-18-2006, 09:51 AM
Do any of you guys remember "Twin Peaks" from the early 90's? That show was weird!

jason100x
07-18-2006, 11:55 AM
I just DL'd a bunch of Cult songs for mine. I can't believe I forgot about that band. I feel retarded sometimes. :eek:

The Cult was a great band, maybe I shouldn't say "was" because they sometimes still play shows.

jason100x
07-18-2006, 11:56 AM
Do any of you guys remember "Twin Peaks" from the early 90's? That show was weird!

Twin Peaks is one of my favorite shows but it's not for everybody's tastes. Now I just wish they would put the second season out on DVD.

RAESAAD
07-18-2006, 12:13 PM
remember Mork and Mindy?nanoo nanoo.

The Noose
07-18-2006, 12:13 PM
Somone must have mentioned The Breakfast Cub, that and Weird Science sums up the 80's.

Oh and Ghostbusters. I watched that film many many times.
Plus Jaws 3.....yea, i know. I was not a normal child.

The Noose
07-18-2006, 12:15 PM
And The Bangles!
Prince and Micheal Jackson.

And Shakin Stevens!!

Southpaw Stinger
07-18-2006, 12:20 PM
remember Mork and Mindy?nanoo nanoo.

Argh yeah! A young Robin Williams. I loved that show.

Southpaw Stinger
07-18-2006, 12:25 PM
Twin Peaks is one of my favorite shows but it's not for everybody's tastes. Now I just wish they would put the second season out on DVD.

Twin Peaks was a perculier show. I couldn't decide whether I liked it or not, I just found myself always watching it when it was on! That music and that "Damn fine cherry pie" stick out a lot in my memories.

The Noose
07-18-2006, 12:34 PM
"Ayyyyyyyyyeeeee"

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/77/039_45206~Happy-Days-Posters.jpg

The Noose
07-18-2006, 12:42 PM
http://madonna.blogs.sapo.pt/arquivo/mtvaw11.jpg

Madoona and the Garbage Pail Kids. I ****in loved those!!
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/9/9f/8a_adam_bomb.jpg/200px-8a_adam_bomb.jpg

Southpaw Stinger
07-18-2006, 01:05 PM
"Ayyyyyyyyyeeeee"

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/77/039_45206~Happy-Days-Posters.jpg

Gotta love happy days!

K-DOGG
07-18-2006, 01:12 PM
80's....hmm.

Well, let's see. Okay, in order of what I liked, when I liked it...

Music: Huey Lewis and the News HEY, STEP OFF, MAN! ;)
Hall and Oats
Prince and the Revolution
Kool and The Gang
Madness
Def Lepard
Van Halen with Roth
Bon Jovi I may never forgive myelf for this...
Run DMC
Cool Mo Dee
Whoodini
LL Cool J.
Aerosmith
Londonbeat
FYC
Living Colour
Public Enemy
Eric Clapton

....and this concludes K-DOGG's tour throught his favorite '80's groups before he discoved Joe Walsh and the James Gang, Led Zepplin, etc.

Movies:

Return of the Jedi 2nd movie I saw in a theatrer
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Splash....saw boobs...or thought I did...wanted to see "Breakin'"; but it was sold out.
Space Balls
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
Back to the Future
Howard the Duck..... Yeah, I know; but it was cool at the time
Ghostbusters....this should be #1
Beverly Hills Cop
that Eddie Murhpy/Nick Nolte movie
National Lampoon's Vacation

...that's all I can remember at the moment. I'll come back and do TV shows later.

BrooklynBomber
07-18-2006, 01:18 PM
So,hmmm...
My eighties: the fall of the berlin wall(it was a number #1 comedy in my country), the withdrawal of troops from Afghanistan was a #1 drama, and Alla Pugacheva was a #1 singer
Now, you know how much fun was life in USSR.

K-DOGG
07-18-2006, 01:41 PM
Gotta love happy days!

:D Good call...though they were better when it was Arnolds with Arnold and not Al...and the Fonze wore a white T-Shirt and Richie was still around. Oh well...great series.

"...I found my thrill...." ;)

jason100x
07-18-2006, 01:53 PM
80's....hmm.

Well, let's see. Okay, in order of what I liked, when I liked it...

Music: Huey Lewis and the News HEY, STEP OFF, MAN! ;)
Hall and Oats
Prince and the Revolution
Kool and The Gang
Madness
Def Lepard
Van Halen with Roth
Bon Jovi I may never forgive myelf for this...
Run DMC
Cool Mo Dee
Whoodini
LL Cool J.
Aerosmith
Londonbeat
FYC
Living Colour
Public Enemy
Eric Clapton

....and this concludes K-DOGG's tour throught his favorite '80's groups before he discoved Joe Walsh and the James Gang, Led Zepplin, etc.

Movies:

Return of the Jedi 2nd movie I saw in a theatrer
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Splash....saw boobs...or thought I did...wanted to see "Breakin'"; but it was sold out.
Space Balls
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
Back to the Future
Howard the Duck..... Yeah, I know; but it was cool at the time
Ghostbusters....this should be #1
Beverly Hills Cop
that Eddie Murhpy/Nick Nolte movie
National Lampoon's Vacation

...that's all I can remember at the moment. I'll come back and do TV shows later.

That's a good list. I think I agree almost totally with it, although I liked Van Halen with both Roth and Hagar, they were like two different bands but I liked both. Didn't really care for Bon Jovi that much, although I liked a FEW of their songs, I guess Livin' on a Prayer was THE song of 1986 going into 1987. Never got into FYC much, but yeah, Huey Lewis And The News is not bad at all, in fact they've made a big comeback on my iPod.

Oh and I have to add to my list Bruce Hornsby and the Range and Styx, I don't remember if I put them down.

The Missing Lin
07-19-2006, 06:49 AM
Somone must have mentioned The Breakfast Cub, that and Weird Science sums up the 80's.

Oh and Ghostbusters. I watched that film many many times.
Plus Jaws 3.....yea, i know. I was not a normal child.
I saw Jaws 3 in 3D at the theatre when it came out. :cool: :D

jason100x
07-19-2006, 07:10 AM
I saw Jaws 3 in 3D at the theatre when it came out. :cool: :D

That was when there was that short craze of 3-D movies coming out. I think one of the Friday The 13th movies, maybe Part 3, was out in 3-D. The comeback of 3-D didn't last long.

The Coagulator
07-19-2006, 07:30 AM

About Last Night

The Coagulator
07-19-2006, 07:32 AM

yes, I did.....

The Coagulator
07-19-2006, 07:37 AM

The Cult was awesome.....on July 29th I've got 5th row seats center for Poison and Cinderella!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant wait, Cinderella was one of my favorite bands....the lead singer had 2 different voices when he sings, his normal voice and his rock voice and it was cool how he would mix that up in a single song...I am going to get.....waisted!

Hey all you stoners...did we all forget about Fast Times at Ridgemont High...Spicolli dude...................

The Coagulator
07-19-2006, 07:39 AM
What about some of the cool games like...Space Invaders, Centipede, Astroids, Galaga, Tempest and the like...or was that 70's

The Noose
07-19-2006, 07:46 AM
http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B00004U40K.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

http://www.impawards.com/1989/posters/back_to_the_future_part_ii_ver1.jpg

The Noose
07-19-2006, 07:52 AM
http://www.fhhs84.com/images/Karate%20Kid.jpg
That tag line is ****ing rubbish!!

It dont even make any sense!!!!

K-DOGG
07-19-2006, 11:01 AM
more music...

ZZ Top
Duran Duran
Men at Work
Styx
Journey

tv...

Fat Albert
Good Times
The Jeffersons
Family Ties....the one with Michael J. Fox
All in the Family....this might be the 70's
Happy Days
Scooby Doo....well, you asked
Three's Company
Saturday Night Live
Nova
Muppet Show
Fantasy Island
Underdog
Rocky and Bullwinkle....I know this goes back further; but I still loved it and saw it in the '80's.

...that's all I can think of for now. Some might be 70's.

jason100x
07-19-2006, 12:59 PM
[QUOTE=K-DOGG]
QUOTE]

In the '80s it became Archie Bunker's Place and the show revolved around him running a bar. It was a comedown from the classic All In The Family but I suppose alright.

The Coagulator
07-19-2006, 01:36 PM
more music...

ZZ Top
Duran Duran
Men at Work
Styx
Journey

tv...

Fat Albert
Good Times
The Jeffersons
Family Ties....the one with Michael J. Fox
Happy Days
Scooby Doo....well, you asked
Three's Company
Saturday Night Live
Nova
Muppet Show
Fantasy Island
Underdog
Rocky and Bullwinkle....I know this goes back further; but I still loved it and saw it in the '80's.

...that's all I can think of for now. Some might be 70's.
Since I am of that age, I can help distinguish btwn 70's and 80's.

It seems as though you like reruns from the 50's 60's and 70's that they played in the 80's...LOL...KDOGG how old are u?

K-DOGG
07-19-2006, 02:44 PM
Since I am of that age, I can help distinguish btwn 70's and 80's.

It seems as though you like reruns from the 50's 60's and 70's that they played in the 80's...LOL...KDOGG how old are u?

35 bro. My memory ain't shot yet; but some of that early stuff is kind of merging together. :D

The Coagulator
07-19-2006, 03:44 PM
35 bro. My memory ain't shot yet; but some of that early stuff is kind of merging together. :D

you got that right...how bout Lost in Space, The Brady Bunch, The Partridge Family, The Munsters, The Flintstones, Gilliagan's Island, The Jetsons, Adam's Family..and you local Dtroiters...Sir Graves Gastly...that going way back and local...anybody hear who remembers Sir Graves Gastly and what his schtick was exactly 1,000,000 points!

K-DOGG
07-19-2006, 03:49 PM
you got that right...how bout Lost in Space, The Brady Bunch, The Partridge Family, The Munsters, The Flintstones, Gilliagan's Island, The Jetsons, Adam's Family..and you local Dtroiters...Sir Graves Gastly...that going way back and local...anybody hear who remembers Sir Graves Gastly and what his schtick was exactly 1,000,000 points!

DUDE!!! Completely forgot about Lost in Space...that was one of my favorites. Giligans Island, The Munsters, The Adams Family, The Flintstones ruled...never cared for The Jetsons. Adam 12, Starsky and Hutch, The Dukes of Hazzard...

now, Sir Graves Ghastly...didn't he host a personalized horror movie showcase kind of like Elvira...and concluded the final show by blowing up his mouse mascot? He blew up stuff all the time, if I'm thinking of the right guy...the mouse got him taken off the air...if this is the right guy.

PBDS
07-19-2006, 04:00 PM
What about some of the cool games like...Space Invaders, Centipede, Astroids, Galaga, Tempest and the like...or was that 70's

.....I was a big fan of Defender and Stargate. I'm going to get a giant arcade style defender game one of these days.

K-DOGG
07-19-2006, 04:04 PM
.....I was a big fan of Defender and Stargate. I'm going to get a giant arcade style defender game one of these days.

Shoot...inadvertantly, you just reminded me of another couple of shows from the 80's I was a fan of... Battlestar Galactica and The A-Team, though I didn't get to watch either much because they came on when we went to church.

PBDS
07-19-2006, 05:29 PM
Shoot...inadvertantly, you just reminded me of another couple of shows from the 80's I was a fan of... Battlestar Galactica and The A-Team, though I didn't get to watch either much because they came on when we went to church.

...I was a big fan of that Battlestar Galactica. The new one on the Sci-fi channel sucks.

Obdeboondocks
07-20-2006, 12:31 AM
hair metal was probabley my favorite thing of the 80's. every band was so cliche, but it was such a good cliche. i wasnt around during the actual heydey, but now that i heard them i realize their great message: get wasted before the concert, rock out, and get wasted again with the possibility that you can score to finish the night off.

The Noose
07-20-2006, 08:22 PM
Holy ****.
The 80's were ****in great!

jason100x
07-20-2006, 09:07 PM
Hair metal was alot of fun. I remember back when that stuff was popular, my friends and I would cruise up and down Main Street in downtown Worcester and all the other long haired pucks would do the same thing blasting their metal cassettes on their stereos. It was one big metal scene.

Obdeboondocks
07-21-2006, 03:54 AM
Hair metal was alot of fun. I remember back when that stuff was popular, my friends and I would cruise up and down Main Street in downtown Worcester and all the other long haired pucks would do the same thing blasting their metal cassettes on their stereos. It was one big metal scene.
wheres worcester at? my cousins were just in the phillipines and the metal scene was crazy then too.

The Missing Lin
07-21-2006, 08:05 AM
That was when there was that short craze of 3-D movies coming out. I think one of the Friday The 13th movies, maybe Part 3, was out in 3-D. The comeback of 3-D didn't last long.
Yeah it got big again around that time for some reason. It was cool to see the body parts floating in mid air. :D

jason100x
07-21-2006, 08:29 AM
wheres worcester at? my cousins were just in the phillipines and the metal scene was crazy then too.
Worcester is in central Massachusetts. It's a city of somewhere between 100 and 200,000.

* FeistyWench *
07-21-2006, 08:33 AM
Worcester is in central Massachusetts. It's a city of somewhere between 100 and 200,000.
how old are you jason?

OptimusWolf
07-21-2006, 12:48 PM
Transformers, He-man, Mask.

Plus Roy of the Rovers Comic, and in the later 80's, my NES.

I didn't like music as a young child, but now I love some stuff from the 80s, like electro, cheesy hip hop like the Sugar Hill Gang, the Cure, The Jam, the Clash plus loads more.

jason100x
07-21-2006, 01:26 PM
how old are you jason?

I am actually close to your age. I'm 33....

SonnyG8R
07-21-2006, 04:42 PM
2 most memorable events of the 80's. One tragic, the other a momentous.

http://www.inthe80s.com/images/challenger.jpg

http://www.remote.org/frederik/culture/berlin/7314-3252-4641-img0020-2.jpg

I will always remember where I was when both occurred.

magicjordan
07-21-2006, 05:12 PM
billy idol,gene love jezebel,inxs,the church,lotus eaters,icycle work,vitamin z,general public,the the,toto,police,culture club,gogo's, bangles,reo-speedwagon,level 42,psychodelic furs,rockwell,van halen,smith,silver puzolli,b-52,rem,big country and more..........

MickyHatton
07-22-2006, 12:14 AM
The Joshua Tree by U2 was life changing for me, guys in the UK were wearing pink or lemon Fred Perry sweaters and Farrah pants and Kicker shoes with Grolsch bottle tops tied in the laces!

Saturdays consisted of a TV show called number 73 which showed cartoons like He-Man and Transformers, Dickie Davis ran an UK sports show and the A Team was on at tea time before The Price is Right or Noels House Party or Only Fools and Horses depending on the channel!

I was going out with a girl called Alison who had crimped hair and wore long sweaters with a belt and 3/4 leggings with legwarmers and Adidas trainers.
Friendship bands were in and so was too much make up!

The Coagulator
07-31-2006, 07:46 AM

who talk about the 80's and then there are those of us who go to Poison/Cinderella 6th row and rock our friggin heads off...what a show....took me back...hardcore...Unskinny Bop and Comin Home and Shelter and Every Rose Has Its Thorn...sang every word to every song while pounding down 7 and 7s with my best friend from high school...how bout any of yu...seen any good 80's Rock shows lately....Cinderella and Poison sound better today than ever and CC Deville sang his song..."I Hate Every Bone in Your Body but Mine" ..................................Rock on people

* FeistyWench *
07-31-2006, 08:32 AM
who talk about the 80's and then there are those of us who go to Poison/Cinderella 6th row and rock our friggin heads off...what a show....took me back...hardcore...Unskinny Bop and Comin Home and Shelter and Every Rose Has Its Thorn...sang every word to every song while pounding down 7 and 7s with my best friend from high school...how bout any of yu...seen any good 80's Rock shows lately....Cinderella and Poison sound better today than ever and CC Deville sang his song..."I Hate Every Bone in Your Body but Mine" ..................................Rock on people
i saw way too many metal and hair bands in the 80s. lol!
motley crue, great white, skid row, poison, bon jovi, tesla, judas priest, list goes on and on. i wold drive 2 states away to see a good concert.
my friend got me a momogrammed flask for my journeys. :D
motley crue was my favorite hair band back then. i suffered many a stiff neck from dancing, not to mention the bruises from being pushed and shoved. i was also one of those crazies who camped out for tickets and got to the concert before anyone else. i usually got crushed in the crowd before the concert even started(people pushing against the door/gate to get in).

despite how good those concerts were they DID NOT COMPARE to the very first lolapalooza. that was just incredible. best concert/festival i have ever been to.

The Coagulator
07-31-2006, 09:00 AM
i saw way too many metal and hair bands in the 80s. lol!
motley crue, great white, skid row, poison, bon jovi, tesla, judas priest, list goes on and on. i wold drive 2 states away to see a good concert.
my friend got me a momogrammed flask for my journeys. :D
motley crue was my favorite hair band back then. i suffered many a stiff neck from dancing, not to mention the bruises from being pushed and shoved. i was also one of those crazies who camped out for tickets and got to the concert before anyone else. i usually got crushed in the crowd before the concert even started(people pushing against the door/gate to get in).

despite how good those concerts were they DID NOT COMPARE to the very first lolapalooza. that was just incredible. best concert/festival i have ever been to.

LOVE YOU MAN....

MANGLER
04-08-2010, 01:42 AM

I know there's more, but first to mind

TV
In Living Color
Cosby Show
Incredible Hulk
Saturday Night's Main Event

Music
NWA
EPMD
Eric B & Rakim
Public Enemy

Movies
Predator
Friday the 13th series
Terminator
Rocky III & IV
Aliens
Above the Law

RINGG
05-11-2010, 04:00 AM
A great decade for boxing too, but I guess that opinion goes in another section.

TheManniePhresh
05-11-2010, 04:05 AM
Alphaville, The empire strikes back, indian jones the entire trilogy (part 4 never happened) the cure, hewy louis and the news, back to the future pt 1, myself being born, magic johnson, making out with crystal my moms friends daughter that was my age i was 4 hell yeah.

BIg Smoke
05-11-2010, 06:33 PM
Favorite 80's show is The Cosby Show.

cooper5
12-02-2010, 02:40 PM
I seen a rerun of the a team and it had Ray Mancini and Ken Norton. Show was bad but when it was originally on it didn't seem that bad.

ALAXAN_FR
12-07-2010, 08:40 PM
By far the best Tv shows ever came from the 80's ..Perfect strangers lmao how do i remember that

Good one... never thought anybody other than me appreciated this comedy show... nice clean laugh all episodes...

Gotta love em....

TV SHOWS
----------
Airwolf
KNightRider (the youger Hasselhoff before he became the cheesy lifeguard)
Miami Vice
McGuyver
Twilight Zone
Mission Impossible (2nd series)
Blue Thunder
A-Team
Prince of Bel-Air (Will Smith with the bad hair-"do!")
Murder She Wrote
ALF
CHEERS!

MUSIC
------

A-HA, Depeche Mode, Duran Duran, Fra Lippo... and the rest of the British Wave Acts
Posion
GnR
Skid Row
Metallica (b4 the Black album)
Aerosmith (pre-Get a Grip)
AC/DC (still rockin'!)
Eagles
Chicago
U2
"USA for AFRICA" - (not a band but worth the mention with the all star cast)
Van Halen
Red Hot Chilli Peppers
R.E.M. (love em)
Culture Club (was still clueless that the "Boy" wus a ***)
Swing Out Sisters & Bangles (both my sisters favorite)

ALAXAN_FR
12-07-2010, 08:47 PM
But the most memries i had with the 80's is probably the ARCADES...

what with all the time spent between and after classes playing PACMAN.... GALAXIAN/GALAGA.... SPACE INVADERS....ASTEROIDS....PACMAN.... GALAXIAN/GALAGA.... SPACE INVADERS....ASTEROIDS....PACMAN.... GALAXIAN/GALAGA.... SPACE INVADERS....ASTEROIDS....PACMAN.... GALAXIAN/GALAGA.... SPACE INVADERS....ASTEROIDS....PACMAN.... ........ im getting nowhere......

atomicsad
08-21-2013, 08:49 PM
Michael Jackson!

K-DOGG
08-27-2013, 10:11 PM

Well, from the later half of the 80's I remembers being introduced to British Comedy. I loved "The Young Ones". Couldn't get enough of them.....actually have 9 episodes on VHS somewhere. Also, Monte Python's Flying Circus....and the movies followed soon after, even though I was more than ten years behind.

...just remembered Dr. Who, man I loved that show. Dukes of Hazzard, Quantam Leap, can't remember if Battle Star Galactica was in the 70's or the 80's. Threes Company, that show with Michael J. Fox as Alex Keaton.

Music: Loved Huey Lewis and the News early on. Then I discovered Joe Walsh....and my life changed. Next thing you know I was listening to Clapton, Hendrix, Zeplin, the Who, Cream, James Gang,... (yeah, I know; but I heard him in the 80's). Alright 80's music...hmmmm. Don't tell anyone; but I did like Bon Jovi for a minute....and Whitesnake, Poison, Europe, Whoodini, Run DMC, L.L. Cool J, Cameo, Prince and the Revolution, NPG, Morris Day and the Time.

Movies: E.T....first movie I ever saw in a theater, Return of the Jedi, Rocky IV, until I saw the first 2, Rocky III also. Let's see....oh yeah, all the Indiana Jones movies, Romancing the Stone, 48 Hours, Lethal Weapon, The Last Dragon, Big Trouble in Little China, Running Scared with Gregory Hines and Billy Crystal, Terminator, Rambo, Missing in Action, and more I'm sure I can't remember.

.....sorry, college came soon after the 80's and I've lost a few brain cells.

:dunno:

K-DOGG
08-29-2013, 07:12 AM
Huh. Guess nobody hangs out here anymore.

That's kinda sad. I always enjoyed this forum.

:frown:

roxy
09-08-2013, 04:56 AM
The Cosby show and Cheers!!!

Rossman
09-25-2013, 04:04 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ftJZomwDhxQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Zi_XLOBDo_Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/lDK9QqIzhwk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rossman
09-25-2013, 04:06 AM
WHy can't I get youtube videos to post here?

J-champ
02-07-2014, 09:29 AM
M*A*S*H and Saturday Night Live were my favorite shows from the 80's

TBear
02-24-2014, 11:44 PM
Those girls on Robert Palmer videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcATvu5f9vE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrGw_cOgwa8

Sugar Adam Ali
03-08-2014, 11:54 PM
80s was a lot about

Gi joe