View Full Version : George Foreman on the Jimmy Kimmel Show

RockyMarcianofan00
07-14-2006, 02:48 PM
I was gunna put this up anyway because I thought it was cool but then he got into the top 10 fighters and it sealed the deal...He starts out just talking about his family, the boxing doesn't come until later...

I like how he rated Muhammad Ali...in 2 catogories...I also like his modesty how he's not in his own top 10 unlike Larry Holmes....

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/816aii2qFzU"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/816aii2qFzU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Oasis_Lad
07-14-2006, 02:52 PM
great clip k sent

i love foreman

RockyMarcianofan00
07-14-2006, 02:56 PM
great clip k sent

i love foreman
Same here......

Oasis_Lad
07-14-2006, 04:00 PM
i loved when he said ali was'nt the greatest fighter he ever met but the greatest human

micky_knox
07-14-2006, 04:02 PM
yup i agree guys.............foreman always makes me smile

im an osais fan too :)

Oasis_Lad
07-14-2006, 04:05 PM
yup i agree guys.............foreman always makes me smile

im an osais fan too :)

then your okay

karma sent :luvbed:

micky_knox
07-14-2006, 04:31 PM
then your okay

karma sent :luvbed:
seen live countless times..........saw them at knebworth in 96 .........that was aweome

karma sent back

roll with it

Oasis_Lad
07-14-2006, 04:34 PM
seen live countless times..........saw them at knebworth in 96 .........that was aweome

karma sent back

roll with it

lucky bastid! :D

you were witnessing history

wish i was there

Southpaw Stinger
07-14-2006, 04:38 PM
Good stuff. I don't really like fighters making top 10's because either they are modest and don't include themselves (Like Foreman) or they are bastards like Larry Holmes and rate themselves too high.

Yaman
07-15-2006, 06:59 AM
Foreman has a lot of love for power punchers. Ofcource Ali is rated much higher in history, and Foreman knows that. He doesn't have anything against Ali, i dont believe that. But he just loves great punchers.

Azteca
07-15-2006, 07:07 AM
interesting interview.

in most respects, big george surpassed ali as a huckster and is more popular with the american public and probably earned more and is worth more than any man in boxing history, though a few have more ring earnings than him.

however, george always had some self doubt in his first career that he kept hidden from the public. he was human like us all, though a monster in the ring. he almost queered the frazier fight he was so scared. he also knew that the trappings of being a heavy champ were leading him astray from his moral and religious convictions, then add on the ali upset and don king yanking him around, and that's enough to upset any young man from his throne.

i tell you this honestly - i have shaken hands with many great fighters - george was the gentleman of them all. he is a thoroughly nice man when you get him away from all that grilling machine crap.

lovely man, awesome champion, a genuine five star all-time great.

ferocity
07-15-2006, 07:52 AM
Im actually surprised he rated Liston low in his top ten, i thought he'd put him higher. He trained with Liston and i think got a bit of his charactor too and learned from him too.

Foreman seem like a cool person, but i've heard he is really one mean sob, but always laughs it up for the camera. He also look old, but when he threw the left hook, it seemed like he can still knock down a house, kimmel did a good interview, karma for the video.