View Full Version : Nog and Silva both want Yoshida......

realkaps
11-30-2002, 07:27 AM
www.pridefc.com

Just a single night after the 11/24 PRIDE 23, PRIDE's Heavyweight Champion, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, and Middleweight Champion, Wanderlei Silva, declared their desire to fight Hidehiko Yoshida. Both fighters highly rated Yoshida's abilities but say they are confident they will win.

After hearing that DSE President, Naoto Mori****a believes that it's possible Yoshida could fight either Champion, Nogueira said, "I'm so happy to hear that. Yoshida's technique and fighting style is great. It's Yoshida's time. However, I think I'm a good fighter too. If I fought Yoshida, it would be a great battle. I think we could decide who is the strongest in the world. Of course, I will win. I'd finish it in the first round…with a triangle. Yoshida has had a lot of training in escaping from submissions in Judo but once I put it on, he won't escape from my triangle."

Silva also had a challenge for Yoshida; "I want to fight Yoshida. I saw his fight yesterday. Yoshida is strong but I'm stronger. I'll KO him in 3 minutes with my punches, kicks and knees. Yoshida's white gi will be dyed red with blood. My defense against the gi? No problem at all. I also practice jiu-jitsu. Yoshida can wear a gi if he wants but it doesn't matter to me either way. It's the same with the weight difference. If it's about 10 kilos, I don't care." What will happen from now for the man who beat Don Frye in PRIDE 23?

realkaps
11-30-2002, 07:28 AM
I would love to see Nog Vs. Yoshida.......

bob
11-30-2002, 08:31 AM
thats would be awsome, but id rather see nog v silva

seldomTap
11-30-2002, 09:51 AM
GOTTA LOVE VANDERLEI!!!

"Silva also had a challenge for Yoshida; "I want to fight Yoshida. I saw his fight yesterday. Yoshida is strong but I'm stronger. I'll KO him in 3 minutes with my punches, kicks and knees. Yoshida's white gi will be dyed red with blood. My defense against the gi? No problem at all. I also practice jiu-jitsu. Yoshida can wear a gi if he wants but it doesn't matter to me either way. It's the same with the weight difference. If it's about 10 kilos, I don't care."

I think both Brazilians will be too much for Yoshida to be honest, but he has surprised me so far in his two big time MMA matches...

Gracie Austin
11-30-2002, 12:00 PM
Silva would stomp Yoshida. I would like to fight Yoshida, It's not like he would beat your face in.

ParazIT
11-30-2002, 12:51 PM
I would love too see him fight anyone of them...

ParazIT
11-30-2002, 12:53 PM
but I rather see him fight SIlva...NOg has other people too fight...

pål johnsen
11-30-2002, 01:19 PM
yeah! let silva have him!!

=)

HockeyFighter
11-30-2002, 01:34 PM
Nog and Silva by TOTAL OWNAGE!

no_gi
11-30-2002, 03:28 PM
I'm not making any predictions, only that I'd love to see either fight.

ZenMachine
11-30-2002, 04:02 PM
Yoshida could beat Silva but would lose to Mino I feel!

Scarface
11-30-2002, 07:43 PM
I still stick to my notion that the Yoshida/Frye fight was a work.