View Full Version : any of you americans

* FeistyWench *
07-11-2006, 08:33 PM
actually following the World Cup, Wimbledon, or the Tour de France?

Verstyle
07-11-2006, 08:34 PM

wha country r u from?

* FeistyWench *
07-11-2006, 08:41 PM
wha country r u from?
Sweden :) just joking!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Verstyle
07-11-2006, 08:42 PM
Sweden :)

oh i thought u were american :confused:

SonnyG8R
07-11-2006, 09:05 PM

No, No, and No.

I used to watch a lot of tennis back when it was actually interesting with characters like John McEnroe, Jimmy Conners, Ivan Lendl, bjorn borg, Boris Becker hell even some of those Sampras v. Agassi matches were good. But tennis has completely lost it's interest for me over the last 10 years or so.

I could never sit an watch an entire bike race, but I do like to check the leader board of the Tour de France. Especially when guys like Greg LeMond or Lance Armstrong are competing.

-On a side note, My brother was a semi professional Cyclist who raced in many of the big races in here in the US. He raced against lance Armstong on a couple of occassions.

Unfortunately he never reached the pinnical of his sport because he refused to use performance enhancers.

j/k :p

or am I?

jason100x
07-11-2006, 11:29 PM

I'm an American and I couldn't care any less about those three events. An interesting side note, all the people who work in my area are not American born and they followed the World Cup religiously, I'm from the US and I didn't care at all about it, When people from other countries came to drop things off, they would stop and look at the television we have down there and see how the games were going, other Americans would come to drop things off, they didn't care much (maybe more than I did but not much). Just an interesting observation.

Crumble
07-12-2006, 08:12 AM
The world cup and Wimbledon are over.......tis sad

PATO 1
07-12-2006, 09:07 AM
I Watched Every World Cup Game

The Noose
07-12-2006, 10:16 AM
As for me, i watch Wimbeldon, and most of the World Cup, but not the other.
Where i live, here in Iceland, we prefer the winter olympics and badger hockey.

K-DOGG
07-12-2006, 10:26 AM

Ya know, I actually did kinda follow the world cup this year. I figure if people in every other country in the world think that much of it, I need to at least be on top of things as far as "conversation" is concerned. And you know what? I actually enjoyed the few matches I did watch. Who'da thunk it?

As far as Wimbledon is concerned, I've caught part of matches; but couldn't tellyou who was leading. That guy from Switzerland was really good thought. Can't remember who he was playing Sunday, though....or maybe it was Saturday. Well, either way, I actually like tennis, I just don't watch it that often.

K-DOGG
07-12-2006, 10:28 AM
That'll teach u for joking around! :nono:

Is it Iceland or Greenland with all the volcanic or "hot springs" activity? Iceland, right?

* FeistyWench *
07-12-2006, 02:52 PM
That'll teach u for joking around! :nono:

i was joking because i thought he KNEW i was from the U.S. and I found it strange that he asked so I thought of a place i thought he'd never believe...Sweden. lol!

as for you. don;t follow my example! you got K-Dogg all confused now! lol! Bobby is a limey from limeyland (aka luvly England) :p

* FeistyWench *
07-12-2006, 03:34 PM
So..... hows about that world cup aye!
i wouldn't know. :p :D the part of Sweden i live in has no television.
we live in a small poverish community.

BBKing
07-12-2006, 03:35 PM
I think Americans do enjoy most international sports. Golf, tennis, boxing, skiing, Hockey, Track & Field, cycling, olympic events, etc.

Granted our "big 3" are Football, Baseball and Basketball, but baseball and hoops have strong international appeal as well.

I think it is mainly just soccer we don't value as highly as much of the world. I think a lot of people in the US do like soccer, but it is far from the #1 sport in the country the way it is in many south american and european countries.

The Noose
07-12-2006, 03:37 PM
i wouldn't know. :p :D the part of Sweden i live in has no television.
we live in a small poverish community.

I hear that. Here in Iceland (or Greenland or watever) we not only dont have television, we dont have access to the internet or sunlight. Its like n00bland.

poverish or impoverished?

* FeistyWench *
07-12-2006, 03:40 PM
I hear that. Here in Iceland (or Greenland or watever) we not only dont have television, we dont have access to the internet or sunlight. Its like n00bland.

poverish or impoverished?
lmao! :p
it was definitely about time for you to start correcting me. :o

The Noose
07-12-2006, 03:43 PM
lmao! :p
it was definitely about time for you to start correcting me. :o

Edjucation sucks here in Moscow as well. :(

Well, im off to play badger hockey with Bjork.

The Missing Lin
07-14-2006, 08:06 AM
I didnt watch too much of the World Cup but I did catch a few games.
I watch all the tennis I can - no matter what loacation it is at.
I love racing but bike racing is just to slow for me. Give me F1 or MotoGP.

Crumble
07-14-2006, 08:18 PM
Edjucation sucks here in Moscow as well. :(

Well, im off to play badger hockey with Bjork.

Bjork's from Iceland. For a country so Large Russia has given us no great popular musicians have they?, apart from fake lesbian duo Tatu, who are a gimmick, a gimmick I want to marry.

* FeistyWench *
07-15-2006, 08:47 AM
Bjork's from Iceland. For a country so Large Russia has given us no great popular musicians have they?, apart from fake lesbian duo Tatu, who are a gimmick, a gimmick I want to marry.
never heard of them, but i assume they are lesbians?

http://www.despardes.com/Entertainment/chanachoor/sep04/tatu-big-0109.jpg
http://www.rosianotomo.com/tatu/tatu-live-kiss.jpg

Crumble
07-15-2006, 10:04 AM
I doubt their lesbians...its just appealling to mens fantasies. 'All the things she said' was not deserving of a number 1. lol. It was more the school uniforms and making out in the rain in the video that got it for them. The one with Dark hair is stunning. :eek:

* FeistyWench *
07-15-2006, 10:30 AM
I doubt their lesbians...its just appealling to mens fantasies. 'All the things she said' was not deserving of a number 1. lol. It was more the school uniforms and making out in the rain in the video that got it for them. The one with Dark hair is stunning. :eek:
so they're just putting on an act.
lots of those these days. lol! bi-sexuality the new norm. who would have thought it. :eek:

The Noose
07-15-2006, 01:59 PM

I think Britain and America just like their own music, and each others.
European popstars tend to be big just in Europe or Asia, but never get heard of in the UK.
We frown upon Euro pop crap. Apart from the teenae lesbian type.

paul750
07-15-2006, 02:08 PM
Clever marketing, bought by gullible people. was a one trick pony anyway.

PBDS
07-15-2006, 03:12 PM
.....The tour when Lance was around, Wimbledon when Pete and Andre were around, and pretty much a no on the world cup.

MANGLER
01-29-2010, 01:28 AM

Hell no..................

Hi-Dro
03-01-2010, 05:31 PM
i am an alien so hell no