View Full Version : Training with condition

platinummatt
07-11-2006, 03:17 PM
Ive got a back problem and a problem with my left hip. It prevents me from alot of training running etc - until they might inject steroids or painkillers in my hip! whic his cool. What should I work on. At the mo I do pad work, bag work, shadowboxing push ups pullups etc crunches?? Thankyou!

NJFighter91
07-11-2006, 03:27 PM
Ive got a back problem and a problem with my left hip. It prevents me from alot of training running etc - until they might inject steroids or painkillers in my hip! whic his cool. What should I work on. At the mo I do pad work, bag work, shadowboxing push ups pullups etc crunches?? Thankyou!Be more specific. "problem with my left hip" is too general. Ask your doctor and see what you can do.

platinummatt
07-11-2006, 03:30 PM
They dont know. Its probably something like osteomylitis. Although it could be a tendon thing. M mum is so good she researches all the time on the internet about it. The doctors are just like you know. They dont see mto get their act together. My back problem used to be osteoporosis Now its just very weak in my back.

Pork Chop
07-11-2006, 03:58 PM
I have a real hard time with road work (similar problems to your's), so I really try to up the intensity in the gym; both by upping the amount of work and the intensity at which i do it.

Tabata intervals are awesome (20 seconds sprint all out, 10 seconds rest for 8 to 20 rounds). You can do these with anything: punch outs, calisthenics, footwork drills, anything you can do at high intensity.

I really try to stay busy on the bag, if I go more than a 2 or 3 count without hitting it, then I know I'm bein lazy. I also keep that business quality, focusing on explosive combos and power shots. I keep an ear open to the other guys in the gym when i'm workin the bag and try to stay busier & more explosive than any of them.

I also wear a weight vest when I shadow and for some of my bag rounds.

Elliptical crosstrainer is my favorite cardio. I'll either do tabatas on that, or they have a pre-programmed interval session. I stick it on maximum resistance (or close to it) and really kill it. Even when I was only doing it for 10 min a day, prior to a work out, my sparring endurance was sick: i could swarm the little, quick guys and wear 'em down.

platinummatt
07-11-2006, 05:13 PM
nice one good K awarded!

platinummatt
07-11-2006, 05:14 PM
I have to spread it around?!

Pork Chop
07-11-2006, 05:26 PM
Thank yah :)
Gotta save up enuff K to get some e-honeys to come over & gimme a massage

platinummatt
07-11-2006, 05:33 PM
e-hoes lol. Sweet - e - love

moraleskospacisback
07-11-2006, 06:52 PM
damn thats crazy, i got problems wit my left hip and lower back as well, my hip pops a lot, i could feel it when i walk, and after excessive roadwork it swells and hurts, all ive been doin was takin motrin 800 and sayin **** it, workin throught the pain, my doctors also dont know whats wrong...

platinummatt
07-13-2006, 01:14 PM
whats motrin 800?

yrrej
07-13-2006, 03:49 PM
Steroids, like cortisone, and painkillers, like celebrex, are not cool. Steroids weaken the joint over time. Painkillers can be addictive, and even the salicylates, like aspirin, and the non-salicylates, like acetaminophen, cause side effects. Best thing is good therapy, strengthening the muscle groups in the surrounding area, and quit doing whatever keeps it aggravated in the first place. The legs and hips are essential to effective workouts. The leg muscles are the largest muscles in the body and stimulate testosterone production as well as burn the most energy. The hips are essential for the transmission of power from the legs to the hands.