View Full Version : any fans of comics?

* FeistyWench *
07-10-2006, 04:03 PM
anyone currently or in the past read/collect comics?

which ones?

Explosivo
07-10-2006, 04:38 PM
I thought this lounge was for adult conversation? j/k

PATO 1
07-10-2006, 04:43 PM
meh [][][][][]

* FeistyWench *
07-10-2006, 04:54 PM
I thought this lounge was for adult conversation? j/k
it was too boring. lol!
acttually it is place to discuss almost anything as long as it can actually be discussed. the would you hit it threads and i am drunk threads and the we kicked the **** out of those n00bs threads are just getting old.

basically just striving for a flame-free lounge with for the most part "real" threads.

* FeistyWench *
07-10-2006, 04:55 PM
meh [][][][][]
so "meh" means what exactly? "not really?"

Crumble
07-10-2006, 05:07 PM
.....geek! lol

* FeistyWench *
07-10-2006, 05:21 PM
i started reading comics when i was 18. i used to read them when i needed a study break in college. i read all the x-men titles, spawn, witchblade, fathom, tomb raider, and JLA. a few other ones here and there too. i stopped reading them when i graduated and started my career but i still have all of them in bags and boards. :o geek? yea, i guess :D

Crumble
07-10-2006, 05:23 PM
i started reading comics when i was 18. i used to read them when i needed a study break in college. i read all the x-men titles, spawn, witchblade, fathom, tomb raider, and JLA. a few other ones here and there too. i stopped reading them when i graduated and started my career but i still have all of them in bags and boards. :o geek? yea, i guess :D

oh good I thought for one second you were trying to justify it lol....just messin.

* FeistyWench *
07-10-2006, 05:26 PM
i read them when i was bored. i didn;t like to sit idle too often and they are addicting. i never went to a convention or anything. lol! let me tell ya, i ALWAYS got "looks" when i walked into a comic store. i hardly look the "type". ;)

SonnyG8R
07-10-2006, 05:31 PM
Comic books can be entertaining.

My favorites were Spiderman, X-Men and Fantastic Four.

As for the threads, I think we should definitely strive for quality over quantity. there have been a few really crappy topics and I've already seen 2 duplicate threads. There is really no reason for that.

Let's maintain the integrity of the lounge peeps. :cool:

This thread is fine though. I know from the past that a lot of members either read them or have read them. Lot's of people have a favorite super hero or super villian.

Crumble
07-10-2006, 05:31 PM
do you put them in plastic sleeves to keep them clean?

jason100x
07-10-2006, 05:32 PM
I read/collect comics, mostly the books that collect storylines like the Frank Miller Daredevil run and the DC Archives and Marvel Masterworks. Rarely do I buy new comics because the artwork is lousy these days for most new comics, but I bought the most recent Daredevil hardcover collection and thought it was incredible, from an art point of view and a writing point of view.

* FeistyWench *
07-10-2006, 05:48 PM
yes and they have card board inserts to keep them in good shape.

Crumble
07-10-2006, 05:50 PM
yes and they have card board inserts to keep them in good shape.

:loser: ...

THE REAL NINJA
07-10-2006, 05:53 PM
X-men, X-force,Hulk,Avengers,death and rebirth of Superman,Marvel Infinity War, DC. Zero Hour, and just other random books

* FeistyWench *
07-10-2006, 05:54 PM
I read/collect comics, mostly the books that collect storylines like the Frank Miller Daredevil run and the DC Archives and Marvel Masterworks. Rarely do I buy new comics because the artwork is lousy these days for most new comics, but I bought the most recent Daredevil hardcover collection and thought it was incredible, from an art point of view and a writing point of view.
yea, i hate when the art work is ****ty, but good writing or a good story line is helpful.

THE REAL NINJA
07-10-2006, 05:54 PM
lol i even have all my boxing mags in them :D

The Noose
07-10-2006, 06:47 PM
My brother used to collect She Hulk comics.
He had them from the first one.

I believe i knocked one out over that green beauty several times. (sorry to lower the tone)

BrooklynBomber
07-10-2006, 07:25 PM
I, honestly, never held a comic book in my hands ever in my life, but not cause I am so "cool". At the age of 13 I fell in love with fantasy and science fiction books and still get the newist articles of my favourite authors.
Being trilingual also helps in variety.

THE REAL NINJA
07-10-2006, 07:27 PM
I, honestly, never held a comic book in my hands ever in my life, but not cause I am so "cool". At the age of 13 I fell in love with fantasy and science fiction books and still get the newist articles of my favourite authors.
Being trilingual also helps in variety.
yeah that's a comic book , :D

BrooklynBomber
07-10-2006, 07:29 PM
yeah that's a comic book , :D
But it got no pictures of sexy, muscular ladies :(

THE REAL NINJA
07-10-2006, 07:30 PM
But it got no pictures of sexy, muscular ladies :(
lol nah i don't know if what you have is the same but comics started from sci, fic mags .

legacyofbrutality
07-10-2006, 07:31 PM
I like The Punisher! I didnt read any of his comics, i just think that the character is badass and its kool how he doesnt have superpowers...he's just a ex-marine that loves to blast fools in the cruelest ways possible. X-Men, and Spiderman were great too.

jason100x
07-10-2006, 07:42 PM
yea, i hate when the art work is ****ty, but good writing or a good story line is helpful.

Good writing is very important too. Unfortunately, with the exception of Daredevil and sometimes a few other titles, when I flip through new comics in the stores, the art is so crappy that I can't even get into the story. An example is Warlord, one of my favorite comics as a kid. DC brought it back, I think as a six issue limited series. When I flipped through the first issue the art looked like it was drawn by someone with two broken arms. Sadly I don't even know how the story was because the art was so horrendous. I remember Sandman started out as one of the best drawn titles with incredible stories like Doll's House and Season Of Mists, however, by the time of The Kindly Ones, I could barely even read it the art was so bad. The Brian Michael Bendis/Alex Maleev run of Daredevil just wrapped up and I finished reading it a few days ago. That showed what happens when you mix perfect writing with perfect art. Great stuff.

Mick Hucknall
07-10-2006, 09:07 PM
I never got round to reading comic books. I guess comics aint really a British thing

Rockin'
07-10-2006, 09:19 PM
The Adventures of Ralph Snart.

Rockin' :boxing:

THE REAL NINJA
07-10-2006, 09:28 PM
ok check it out i have Buzzy # 60 from November 1954 ...Baby Huey # 11 from May 1958 and Dennis the Menace # 42 from May 1960

SonnyG8R
07-10-2006, 09:33 PM
I recently read an X-Men comic book in which Colossus tells Nightcrawler that he is gay. :eek: :confused:

jason100x
07-10-2006, 09:49 PM
I never got round to reading comic books. I guess comics aint really a British thing
Actually, Judge Dread was a British comic that became successful and the Sandman was written by Neil Gaiman, who is British. Hellblazer is very successful comic that's been around for almost twenty years, has a British main character in the form of John Constantine and usually British writers and artists. Plus, Marvel had Captain Britain in the seventies. ;)

marvdave
07-10-2006, 09:52 PM
when i was a kid i had a huge collection.

Spiderman,The Avengers,The Hulk,Fantastic Four,Iron Fist(Luke Cage)

once i got older, I switched to **** :D

THE REAL NINJA
07-10-2006, 09:54 PM
Actually, Judge Dread was a British comic that became successful and the Sandman was written by Neil Gaiman, who is British. Hellblazer is very successful comic that's been around for almost twenty years, has a British main character in the form of John Constantine and usually British writers and artists. Plus, Marvel had Captain Britain in the seventies. ;)
Captain Britain was a member of X-Caliber untill the 90's maybe still today [the english x-men] I always thought he had a cool look http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/fd/Captain_Britain.jpg/180px-Captain_Britain.jpg

jason100x
07-10-2006, 10:03 PM
That's right, I forgot about Captain Britain being in Excaliber. I never read that title. Yeah, Marvel pulled him out from time to time. I liked that costume too.

jason100x
07-10-2006, 10:12 PM
Does anyone remember the great run Iron Man had in the late eighties when he became an alcoholic, lost his corporation to Obediah Stane, won it back and kicked Obediah Stane's ass and later had the Armor Wars where he brutally beat up the villains who he suspected stole some of his techology and then was shot and paralyzed by a crazy female stalker?
Or at the same time when Captain America battled the Scourge who was killing all those barely used villains and then later had his Captain America status revoked by Ronald Reagan leading to a battle between him and the pretender Captain America who succeeded him? Man, Marvel was great in the eighties. Those were the days when you could look forward to the next issue of a book. Sadly they tanked for a good part of the nineties with the whole "Spider Man clone thing" and the Heroes Reborn stuff.

marvdave
07-11-2006, 07:52 AM
when the hell did the Green lantern become black :D

jason100x
07-11-2006, 08:16 AM
when the hell did the Green lantern become black :D

There were different Green Lanterns (in fact there was a whole Green Lantern Corps) with Hal Jordan being the most used and most famous Green Lantern. The black Green Lantern was John Gardner and, for a time in the late eighties early nineties he even had his own book. I don't know what ever happened to him.
I think one of the worst storylines and in the early nineties when the Punisher had a skin transplant and became black for a few issues, teaming up with Luke Cage Garth Ennis started writing it a few years back.

The Missing Lin
07-11-2006, 08:33 AM
I was never allowed to read comics. My father thought comics were for idiots. He did make me read books a lot though.

marvdave
07-11-2006, 08:51 AM
I was never allowed to read comics. My father thought comics were for idiots. He did make me read books a lot though.

what a coincidence..my father told me to read comics becuase I was an idiot.

marvdave
07-11-2006, 08:51 AM
There were different Green Lanterns (in fact there was a whole Green Lantern Corps) with Hal Jordan being the most used and most famous Green Lantern. The black Green Lantern was John Gardner and, for a time in the late eighties early nineties he even had his own book. I don't know what ever happened to him.
I think one of the worst storylines and in the early nineties when the Punisher had a skin transplant and became black for a few issues, teaming up with Luke Cage Garth Ennis started writing it a few years back.

damn, I'm impressed. I didn't figure I would get that answer. Thanks

Papa Ace
07-11-2006, 09:09 AM
I grew with Archie, Jughead, Betty , Veronica, Reggie and the rest.

I used to steal some Sweet Valley High from my neighbor and check out the girls in there. Its like your pre-teen Playboy. :D

jason100x
07-11-2006, 09:22 AM
damn, I'm impressed. I didn't figure I would get that answer. Thanks

I don't know if it's good or bad that I know as much as I do about comics. :)

THE REAL NINJA
07-11-2006, 10:14 AM
I don't know if it's good or bad that I know as much as I do about comics. :)
I think it's pretty damn cool :o . Back in the day i was the same way but now i'm so far out of touch with what's went down : i was looking at marvel.com and half the heros i know are bad guys now and bad good (

jason100x
07-11-2006, 10:42 AM
I think it's pretty damn cool :o . Back in the day i was the same way but now i'm so far out of touch with what's went down : i was looking at marvel.com and half the heros i know are bad guys now and bad good (
This guy named Joe Quesada became the Editor In Chief of Marvel and he made some major changes to the Marvel Universe such as giving an origin to Wolverine (in an amazing six issue limited series called Origin) and having alot of character's secret identities revealed to the public like Spider Man (in the current Civil War). I can't even keep track of all the things going on but it looks like it's much better than in the nineties, and radically different than in the eighties.

THE REAL NINJA
07-11-2006, 10:46 AM
This guy named Joe Quesada became the Editor In Chief of Marvel and he made some major changes to the Marvel Universe such as giving an origin to Wolverine (in an amazing six issue limited series called Origin) and having alot of character's secret identities revealed to the public like Spider Man (in the current Civil War). I can't even keep track of all the things going on but it looks like it's much better than in the nineties, and radically different than in the eighties.
that's right i member something about a civil war from the web site. It sounds a lttle like DC's Zero Hour

jason100x
07-11-2006, 11:04 AM
that's right i member something about a civil war from the web site. It sounds a lttle like DC's Zero Hour

I haven't read Civil War, but I've flipped through some of it in the stores. It looks like it will probably be interesting, it has really good artwork. I think it's seven issues and so far only two (maybe even three by now) are out. I'll probably wait for the collected volume if I read the whole thing. When I read about it I was reminded too of Zero Hour, although I never read Zero Hour, just read about it.

phallus
07-11-2006, 01:23 PM
i used to collect comics - this was a long time ago, before i could drink legally. i still have most of them, i was into art school type graphic novels - obscure stuff - i have the entire series of one called Moonshadow. i also have a vintage Spiderman from when i was a little kid in the 70's

jason100x
07-11-2006, 01:36 PM
Moonshadow! Wow, I vaguely remember that one.
Actually one of my favorite comic series was the 1986-1989 run of the Question, I have all 36 issues of that. It used to be so much fun to try to collect all of the issues of a series.

BBKing
07-11-2006, 01:41 PM
I haven't read Civil War, but I've flipped through some of it in the stores. It looks like it will probably be interesting, it has really good artwork. I think it's seven issues and so far only two (maybe even three by now) are out. I'll probably wait for the collected volume if I read the whole thing. When I read about it I was reminded too of Zero Hour, although I never read Zero Hour, just read about it.

The Civil War series is pretty good. Right now only the first 2 editions have come out with a dozen or so tie-ins. I really like the concept behind it. The whole national security vs. civil liberties debate has some interesting real life reflections.

jason100x
07-11-2006, 02:02 PM
The Civil War series is pretty good. Right now only the first 2 editions have come out with a dozen or so tie-ins. I really like the concept behind it. The whole national security vs. civil liberties debate has some interesting real life reflections.

Sounds like an interesting concept. A lot of times those hugely hyped/massive crossover limited series don't match up anywhere near the expectations. I heard DC's Infinite Crisis was like that.

BBKing
07-11-2006, 02:20 PM
Sounds like an interesting concept. A lot of times those hugely hyped/massive crossover limited series don't match up anywhere near the expectations. I heard DC's Infinite Crisis was like that.

I don't know why, but I never got into DC comics for some reason.

Well at least not since I was in elementary school.

jason100x
07-11-2006, 02:32 PM
I don't know why, but I never got into DC comics for some reason.

Well at least not since I was in elementary school.

DC has Batman, one of my favorites and they always did a good job with their adult titles such as Sandman, Swamp Thing and The Preacher. As a kid, I loved reading Sgt. Rock and the Haunted Tank. Crisis on Infinite Earths was my favorite of the massive crossover event series for both Marvel and DC.
Marvel probably had more great characters overall but when they fell off in the nineties, I think they fell off harder, although lately they have improved alot.

* FeistyWench *
07-11-2006, 09:01 PM
I recently read an X-Men comic book in which Colossus tells Nightcrawler that he is gay. :eek: :confused:
what?!? :confused:

LOLORSKATES
07-11-2006, 10:08 PM
I usually read the Darkhorse Comics of Predator and Alien. ****ing awesome in my opinion.

THE REAL NINJA
07-11-2006, 10:09 PM
what?!? :confused:
In Ultimate X-men he turns gay and has a crush on Wolverine . :bigeyes:

jason100x
07-15-2006, 04:58 PM
Anyone out there ever read a comic called Tomb Of Dracula? Marvel put it out in the '70s. I had some issues as a kid and always liked it so I picked the recent Marvel Essential Editions of it. Really good stuff. The character of Blade came out of Tomb of Dracula.

* FeistyWench *
07-15-2006, 05:05 PM
In Ultimate X-men he turns gay and has a crush on Wolverine . :bigeyes:
well that's understandable. wolverine kicks ass!!!
i knew i shouldn;t have stopped reading comics!
damn! lmao! ;) :D

Mick Hucknall
07-15-2006, 08:41 PM
**** I'd go gay for Wolverine

THE REAL NINJA
07-16-2006, 02:04 AM
Anyone out there ever read a comic called Tomb Of Dracula? Marvel put it out in the '70s. I had some issues as a kid and always liked it so I picked the recent Marvel Essential Editions of it. Really good stuff. The character of Blade came out of Tomb of Dracula.
I know of it , but I remember Blade from the team called night stalkers which from the last Blade movie looks like it may become a spin off movie .....The Nightstalkers is a fictional trio in the Marvel Comics universe who had reluctantly banded together to fight occult and supernatural threats.

It was composed of the vampire-hunters Blade and Frank Drake (who had fought Count Dracula in the 1970s series Tomb of Dracula); and, also from that series, private detective Hannibal King, a "neo-vampire" with vampiric abilities but only a craving, not a need, for drinking blood. They were gathered by Doctor Strange in Nightstalkers #1 (Nov. 1992) to battle an immediate threat, but under his larger, hidden agenda.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nightstalkers_(comics)

THE REAL NINJA
07-16-2006, 02:37 AM
well that's understandable. wolverine kicks ass!!!
i knew i shouldn;t have stopped reading comics!
damn! lmao! ;) :D
This is a lot of fun to read ...http://www.marvel.com/universe3zx/index.php?title=Category:Heroes&from=Microbe

* FeistyWench *
07-16-2006, 10:41 AM
try telling me Rogue doesn't kick ass!
Powers
Rogue is a mutant who formerly possessed the ability to absorb the memories, abilities, personality, and outward physical characteristics of other beings through skin-to-skin contact. Such transfers lasted for 60 times longer than the contact time, with extended contact resulting in the possibility of permanent absorption. No upper limit had been determined for the number of beings Rogue could simultaneously imprint.
Upon absorbing another's memories, Rogue also gained any associated emotional responses. Rogue was typically able to control such emotions, however absorbing psyches more powerful than her own resulted in Rogueís psyche being supplanted.

After permanently absorbing the powers of Ms. Marvel, Rogue possessed an amalgamated mutant human/alien Kree physiology that granted her a degree of immunity to poisons, and a virtually indestructible body. Rogue also possessed Ms. Marvel's above normal reflexes and psychic "seventh sense" that enabled her to subconsciously anticipate an opponentís moves. Whilst Rogue possessed Ms. Marvel's psyche, her "double" consciousness made her resistant to telepathic probes from even the most powerful mind readers. She also gained Ms. Marvel's incredible strength, and supersonic flight.

After absorbing the powers of an alien Skrull, Rogue began to spontaneously reactivate previously absorbed abilities. Rogue could also tap into the residual psychic energy of those she had imprinted to determine their status and to relive past events from their perspective.

Recently, Rogue has seemingly permanently absorbed the fire-based powers of Sunfire.

Abilities
Rogue could formerly draw upon the combat and espionage training of Carol Danvers by granting control of her body to her alternate personality, a duplicate of Danvers'. Rogue can also speak fluent French.

jason100x
07-16-2006, 08:56 PM
Just finished Batman Dark Detective, the trade paperback sequel to the acclaimed Strange Apparitions storyline from the '70s. It's a really good read and if you like The Joker or Two-Face, it's a good showcase for those characters. Plus, it has the best of the Bruce Wayne romances, the romance with Silver St. Cloud.

Mech.
11-23-2006, 01:12 AM
Im reading Civil War,damn that alot of comics,Im maybe like 1/4 of the way caught up,I hadnt read a comic since I use to buy superman comics when i was younger,last i read was Death of superman and maybe a couple after that.I guess watching heroes rekindled my intrest.That was in like '93,i might have to re-read that.Return of Superman comics were intresting,I think there was a black superman.

Civil War is really really good so far.

Its gonna be awhile before Im done with civil war,but intend to read up on a few others afterwards.

-Runaways
is a critically acclaimed Marvel Comics comic book series created by Brian K. Vaughan and Adrian Alphona. The series features a group of teenagers who try to make up for the evil done by their supervillain parents by becoming superheroes.
^sounds intresting

-The Ultimates
Each thirteen-issue miniseries is regarded as a "season" of the same title. The team is a re-imagining of the Marvel Universe superhero team, the Avengers.
^Ive heard good things.

-Wolverine Origins
Origin tells the story of the origin of the superhero Wolverine, best known as a member of the X-Men. Since the character first appeared in the early 1970s his history had often been shrouded in mystery, with bits of information revealed piecemeal over time (notably in Weapon X), but this series was the first to reveal Wolverine's early days and his original background.
^because its freakin wolverine

Mech.
11-23-2006, 01:19 AM
has anybody read The Sandman comics/graphic novels?

SonnyG8R
11-23-2006, 01:07 PM
Mech. The civil war series is kicking ass!!

You have to read planet Hulk. it is the best comic series I have read since secret wars in the late 80's.

THE REAL NINJA
11-23-2006, 11:56 PM
Does anyone remember the great run Iron Man had in the late eighties when he became an alcoholic, lost his corporation to Obediah Stane, won it back and kicked Obediah Stane's ass and later had the Armor Wars where he brutally beat up the villains who he suspected stole some of his techology and then was shot and paralyzed by a crazy female stalker?
Or at the same time when Captain America battled the Scourge who was killing all those barely used villains and then later had his Captain America status revoked by Ronald Reagan leading to a battle between him and the pretender Captain America who succeeded him? Man, Marvel was great in the eighties. Those were the days when you could look forward to the next issue of a book. Sadly they tanked for a good part of the nineties with the whole "Spider Man clone thing" and the Heroes Reborn stuff.

I love USAgent he was one of the Capt.America's but in an anti hero role almost a mix of punisher a Cap http://comixzone.freespaces.com/webs/pics/usagent1.jpg To bad he's never really caught on and was never used much other then tie ins and the short lived avengers west team . edit> Unless they're back now, don't know

jason100x
11-24-2006, 09:33 AM
has anybody read The Sandman comics/graphic novels?

I've read most of The Sandman run. It is one of my favorite comics, with plenty of imagination in the stories. It creates its own mythology. The earlier stories are all very strong with excellent artwork. I think later in the run the stories were a bit more inconsistent, sometimes excellent and sometimes not so excellent and the art, for the most part, took a nosedive later on too. If you want to get into The Sandman, I recommend the graphic novel Preludes and Nocturnes, the book that reprints the first eight or so issues.

jason100x
11-24-2006, 09:52 AM
I love USAgent he was one of the Capt.America's but in an anti hero role almost a mix of punisher a Cap http://comixzone.freespaces.com/webs/pics/usagent1.jpg To bad he's never really caught on and was never used much other then tie ins and the short lived avengers west team . edit> Unless they're back now, don't know

I never read USAgent, but isn't he the same character who briefly became Captain America in the late '80s in that storyline when they had Ronald Reagan take Steve Roger's Captain America title away?

LHWchamp5
11-24-2006, 10:48 AM
I collected comics rather than read them, I did read them dont' get me wrong but only once.. I mostly have #1's of different series from spider-man to fantastic4 to punisher to venom.. Have you heard of "image comics"??
Have alot of those from 1-5 and a thing called "darker image"#1 un-opened.

anybody know anything about the IMAGE comics??

jason100x
11-24-2006, 11:49 AM
I used to read Image Comics when they first started with Spawn. I liked Spawn early on, I don't know if it's still a good title. I haven't read an issue in more than ten years, but I've heard from a few people that it has sucked for years. That was the only Image Comic that I read.

Mech.
11-24-2006, 11:41 PM
I've read most of The Sandman run. It is one of my favorite comics, with plenty of imagination in the stories. It creates its own mythology. The earlier stories are all very strong with excellent artwork. I think later in the run the stories were a bit more inconsistent, sometimes excellent and sometimes not so excellent and the art, for the most part, took a nosedive later on too. If you want to get into The Sandman, I recommend the graphic novel Preludes and Nocturnes, the book that reprints the first eight or so issues.

thanks man,I'll def check it out.

THE REAL NINJA
11-25-2006, 01:55 AM
I never read USAgent, but isn't he the same character who briefly became Captain America in the late '80s in that storyline when they had Ronald Reagan take Steve Roger's Captain America title away?

yeah he was like the 4th and last guy to take caps place but took it away because he is a shoot first type . They do a lot of What if mags about that story line .

jason100x
11-27-2006, 11:51 AM
That Captain America storyline from, I believe #s 332-350 where the other guy became Captain America and Steve Rogers had his own adventures in a backup strip was one of my favorite CA storylines. I wish Marvel would put out a trade paperback of those issues.

K-DOGG
11-27-2006, 12:21 PM
anyone currently or in the past read/collect comics?

which ones?

I used to; but that was years ago. Somewhere at my mom's house, I've got well over 1000 comics in a box. The most valuable ones are in my apartment....not sure what they're worth today, though.

Two that I have of note would be #2 Spectacular Spider-Man and the #1 Web of Spider-man.

King Koyle
12-12-2006, 11:28 AM
I used to collect them when I was younger.I still have most of them.Mostly the ones that could be worth $$$ someday.Such as supermans death and ressurection issues.My favorites when I was younger....

-X-men
-Wolverine
-Spiderman
-Venom
-Spawn
-Fantastic Four
-Hulk

The Noose
12-12-2006, 11:36 AM
How would i start reading comics like The Hulk and X-Men now?

Dont they cost millions to buy? There must be some way of a beginner like me getting my grubby mitts on a version.

jason100x
12-12-2006, 12:15 PM
How would i start reading comics like The Hulk and X-Men now?

Dont they cost millions to buy? There must be some way of a beginner like me getting my grubby mitts on a version.

Well, there are two things you can do. Most of the major well known comic characters still have new issues coming out so you could go to a store and pick up the latest issues and start from there.
The other thing is if you want to read the early issues and see how the series began, you can pick up trade paperbacks that reprint many of the early issues. They are books that collect storylines in one volume or sometimes several volumes if the storyline is a long one.
Also, if you want to get in "on the groundfloor" with certain series, meaning starting with the first issue, you don't have to spend thousands of dollars just to begin. Marvel has a series of hardcover (and sometimes cheaper paperback) titles called The Marvel Masterworks, that reprint ten issues of so in hard cover editions. I have the Amazing Spiderman Volumes 1-5 which gives me issues 1-50 of the original series in full color. They have editions for The Hulk and for The X-Men. The downside is that these editions are $50 each, sometimes you can find discounts on them like I did. DC has their equivalent called The DC Archives. I was able to collect all of the early Batman's and Superman's as they were in the thirties and forties.
Good luck.

The Noose
12-12-2006, 04:02 PM
Well, there are two things you can do. Most of the major well known comic characters still have new issues coming out so you could go to a store and pick up the latest issues and start from there.
The other thing is if you want to read the early issues and see how the series began, you can pick up trade paperbacks that reprint many of the early issues. They are books that collect storylines in one volume or sometimes several volumes if the storyline is a long one.
Also, if you want to get in "on the groundfloor" with certain series, meaning starting with the first issue, you don't have to spend thousands of dollars just to begin. Marvel has a series of hardcover (and sometimes cheaper paperback) titles called The Marvel Masterworks, that reprint ten issues of so in hard cover editions. I have the Amazing Spiderman Volumes 1-5 which gives me issues 1-50 of the original series in full color. They have editions for The Hulk and for The X-Men. The downside is that these editions are $50 each, sometimes you can find discounts on them like I did. DC has their equivalent called The DC Archives. I was able to collect all of the early Batman's and Superman's as they were in the thirties and forties.
Good luck.

Thanks.
Its not too expensive, i may just look into those hardback editions.

Mech.
12-12-2006, 04:25 PM
Thanks.
Its not too expensive, i may just look into those hardback editions.

Ive been downloading them and reading them on my comp ;] Theres little fan groups out there that scan a bunch of comics,and you can download whole sets pretty easily.

Its not Ideal,but...no way would I have bought all those comics.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im pretty much caught up with the Civil War storyline + tie-ins.

Ive also been reading the Sandman comics.Pretty awesome.
--------------------------------------------------------------
That Captain America storyline from, I believe #s 332-350 where the other guy became Captain America and Steve Rogers had his own adventures in a backup strip was one of my favorite CA storylines. I wish Marvel would put out a trade paperback of those issues.

Hey.have you been reading the Civil War storyline?

jason100x
12-12-2006, 04:34 PM
I actually haven't been reading the Civil War stories. I flipped through a few of the issues in stores but I figured I'd wait until it was released in trade paperback form. Does it live up to the hype so far? When is it wrapping up anyway?

jason100x
12-12-2006, 04:39 PM
Oh, I forgot to mention that Marvel has also been putting out some of the Marvel Masterworks in a trade paperback form that you can buy instead of the hardcover form. Those are a lot cheaper, I think around $15. They don't have as many volumes available as they do for the hardcover volumes though. Barnes and Nobles carries those.

If you don't mind going without color, Marvel has their Essential series that collects something like 23 comics in one book; they are like a phone book. DC has an equivalent also, I forgot what they call it.

Mech.
12-12-2006, 05:17 PM
Does it live up to the hype so far?

I like it alot.But Ive been reading the tie-ins too,The Wolverine tie ins and Spiderman tie-ins are definetly the best,and add alot to it.

When is it wrapping up anyway?

Thats what I was going to ask you ;)

and since I havent read comics in a long time,Im out of the loop & trying to track down which sidestories are out,I think the the new Punisher war journals are out,and I have to tracks those down too I guess,but they do look promising.

jason100x
12-12-2006, 05:32 PM
I know that The Punisher has been written lately (am not certain if he still writes it now) by Garth Ennis who does a very good job of combining the action with rather grim humor. He wrote The Preacher and I don't know if you've read that title or not but the Punisher stories I've read have the same feel as The Preacher.

I'm somewhat out of the loop myself with what is going on currently. I've been more buying older stuff. I know that one of the best comics out there now, if not the best, is Daredevil. Brian Michael Bendis just left the title and his run on Daredevil had some of the very best issues (definitely dark adult-type stuff) ever. The artwork by Alex Maleev complimented his writing brilliantly. I can't say enough about that title. Now they are both off the book and I think it's Ed Brubaker who is writing now. I looked at a few issues in the store and it looks like it's still really good even if it might not his the heights of the Bendis run.

I don't know when the Civil War wraps up, I can't remember if it was an eight issue or a six issue limited series. Is it necessary to buy all the tie-ins or can you follow the story with the main series? Like I said, I wanted to wait for it to come out in some sort of collection but if you need the crossovers and tie-ins, then that might be hard to follow.

* FeistyWench *
12-12-2006, 05:42 PM
Ive been downloading them and reading them on my comp ;] Theres little fan groups out there that scan a bunch of comics,and you can download whole sets pretty easily.

Its not Ideal,but...no way would I have bought all those comics.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

[B] Im pretty much caught up with the Civil War storyline + tie-ins.[/B ]

Ive also been reading the Sandman comics.Pretty awesome.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Hey.have you been reading the Civil War storyline?

do you have the link for the online comics..bolded on in particular?

jason100x
12-12-2006, 05:49 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/books/12/12/obit.nodell.ap/index.html

I figured he died years ago. I think with the death of the creator of Green Lantern that almost all of the Golden Age comic writers/creators/artists are dead. Stan Lee, Jerry Robinson (who was involved with Batman from the beginning and created the Joker) and maybe a few others are all who are left.

Mech.
12-12-2006, 06:34 PM
I don't know when the Civil War wraps up, I can't remember if it was an eight issue or a six issue limited series. Is it necessary to buy all the tie-ins or can you follow the story with the main series? Like I said, I wanted to wait for it to come out in some sort of collection but if you need the crossovers and tie-ins, then that might be hard to follow.

the tie-ins arent necessary,but some,like the wolverine ones,are a pleasure to read.And some,are pretty boring.I know I have alist of them somewhere,I'll show you which ones I think are worth reading.let me look it up.
------------
Can you recommend where to srart on that daredevil comic? What the series titled exactly,just daredevil?

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/books/12/12/obit.nodell.ap/index.html

I figured he died years ago. I think with the death of the creator of Green Lantern that almost all of the Golden Age comic writers/creators/artists are dead. Stan Lee, Jerry Robinson (who was involved with Batman from the beginning and created the Joker) and maybe a few others are all who are left.

Read about that recently

http://blog.abovetopsecret.com/umbrax/ cool little blog,keeps up on comic news,been pretty helpful to me.

Mech.
12-12-2006, 06:35 PM
do you have the link for the online comics..bolded on in particular?

let me check my bookmarks.

Mech.
12-12-2006, 06:56 PM
let me check my bookmarks.
http://www.forumuz.biz/civil_war_series-198749t.html

I was using this early on.Some of the links are probably down.Buts its a good jumpoff point.Anything I cant find there I search google for "rapidshare nameofcomic" and I usually can find a link.If you need help finding something let me know,happy to help.

I eventually found I could download the whole set to date,using torrents, [here] (http://www.mininova.org/tor/502801)
----------------------------------------
jason100x,heres a fanmade reading order I was following,I bolded the tie-ins I recommend reading.

FEBRUARY 2006:
01 Amazing Spider-Man #529

MARCH 2006:
02 Amazing Spider-Man #530
03 Fantastic Four #536
04 New Avengers: Illuminati

APRIL 2006:
05 Amazing Spider-Man #531
06 Civil War: Opening Shot Sketchbook
07 Fantastic Four #537

MAY 2006:
08 Civil War #1
09 Amazing Spider-Man #532
10 She-Hulk #8
11 Wolverine #42

JUNE 2006:
12 Civil War #2
13-14 Civil War: Front Line #1 - #2
15 Amazing Spider-Man #533
16 Fantastic Four #538
17 New Avengers #21
18 Thunderbolts #103
19 Wolverine #43
20 X-Factor #8

JULY 2006:
21 Civil War #3
22-23 Civil War: Front Line #3 - #4
24 Civil War: X-Men #1
25 Civil War: Young Avengers & Runaways #1
26 Amazing Spider-Man #534
27 Black Panther #18
28 Cable & Deadpool #30
29 Fantastic Four #539
30 New Avengers #22
31 Thunderbolts #104
32 Wolverine #44
33 X-Factor #9

AUGUST 2006:
34 Civil War: Front Line #5
35 Civil War: X-Men #2
36 Civil War: Young Avengers & Runaways #2
37 Cable & Deadpool #31
38 Heroes For Hire #1
39 Ms. Marvel #6
40 New Avengers #23
41 Thunderbolts #105
42 Wolverine #45

SEPTEMBER 2006:
43 Civil War #4
44 Civil War: Frontline #6
45 Civil War: X-Men #3
46 Civil War: Young Avengers & Runaways #3
47 Amazing Spider-Man #535
48 Cable & Deadpool #32
49 Captain America #22
50 Fantastic Four #540
51 Heroes For Hire #2
52 Ms. Marvel #7
53 New Avengers #24
54 Wolverine #46

OCTOBER 2006:
55 Civil War: Choosing Sides
56 Civil War: Front Line #7
57 Civil War: X-Men #4
58 Civil War: Young Avengers & Runaways #4
59 Captain America #23
60 Heroes For Hire #3
61 Iron Man #13
62 Ms. Marvel #8
63 New Avengers #25
64 Wolverine #47

I bolded the x-men ones,but actually they were just okay,If you had to leave out something,Id leave those out,they arent particularly integral to the story.They carry over from their own story arc,but theres some intresting stuff.Also the cable & deadpool ones arent necessary at all really ;) But theyre funny.

Dont miss the frontline ones,I had forgot about them,but theyre very good.

Larry Merchant
12-12-2006, 07:28 PM
Spider -man, Wolverine, X-men I like Marvel comics the best

vnella808
12-12-2006, 07:57 PM
If you want to know about comics and comic movies go to

http://www.superherohype.com/forums/

LOLORSKATES
12-12-2006, 08:41 PM
Predator and V For Vendetta would be it for me..ooh and X. I'd make a few million with the ideas I got in my mind as I could either write a novel, make a graphic novel or what about a movie?

jason100x
12-13-2006, 10:00 AM
[QUOTE=Mech.;1983631]------------
Can you recommend where to srart on that daredevil comic? What the series titled exactly,just daredevil?

This will help you see which volumes deal with which storylines: http://www.manwithoutfear.com/daredevil.shtml

It's hard to tell you where to start. It depends on what you want to read. You could get into the Brian Michael Bendis stuff, all of which has been reprinted in the trade paperback format. If you want to start with Bendis, Underboss is an excellent starting point and begins the long running storyline that drives the book while he wrote it.
You could start with the Frank Miller run from the '80s, which is available in a series called Marvel Visionaries with Frank Miller. That's three volumes but that storyline is long and intricate. That's the storyline that (in a watered down version) formed the backbone to the movie.
You could also get the Marvel Masterworks of Daredevil and read the series from the beginning. The very first issue of Daredevil is an excellent intro to the series, in fact it's probably my favorite issue of the '60s Marvel.
That website I sent you the link to gives you specifics as far as what issue is what and there are summaries of many of the storylines so you can try to determine what you might want to read.

A word of warning about Daredevil: The series had some of the best storylines I have ever read in comics but in between the good writers, there were many periods where the comic is terrible. You can't wrong with most of the trade paperbacks but there are periods where the comic is in bad shape and a waste of your money unless you want to collect everything. Most of the 300s of series one come to mind and the period before Frank Miller took over in the late '70s also come to mind

jason100x
12-13-2006, 10:02 AM
http://www.forumuz.biz/civil_war_series-198749t.html

I was using this early on.Some of the links are probably down.Buts its a good jumpoff point.Anything I cant find there I search google for "rapidshare nameofcomic" and I usually can find a link.If you need help finding something let me know,happy to help.

I eventually found I could download the whole set to date,using torrents, [here] (http://www.mininova.org/tor/502801)
----------------------------------------
jason100x,heres a fanmade reading order I was following,I bolded the tie-ins I recommend reading.

I bolded the x-men ones,but actually they were just okay,If you had to leave out something,Id leave those out,they arent particularly integral to the story.They carry over from their own story arc,but theres some intresting stuff.Also the cable & deadpool ones arent necessary at all really ;) But theyre funny.

Dont miss the frontline ones,I had forgot about them,but theyre very good.

Thanks for the info. I'll check out that forum when it's slow at work. This is a very good forum for comics that has a lot of info.
http://forums.comicbookresources.com/

jason100x
12-13-2006, 04:34 PM
http://blog.abovetopsecret.com/umbrax/2006/12/the_shadow_to_be_sam_raimis_ne.html#more

That's great that there are plans to come out with a Shadow movie. The one in 1994 was okay at best but The Shadow deserves another shot. The Shadow is another of my favorite comic series. The 1973-1975 series written by Denny O'Neil was an amazing run and I also loved the 1986 limited series and the 1987-1989 series, which featured more "adult" storylines.

julDilla
01-19-2007, 04:37 PM
i got a couple of the civil war comics, but i havent had time to read it. im looking for amazing spider-man 529 - 533. anyone know how i can get those :tapedshut

THE REAL NINJA
01-19-2007, 04:50 PM
Read [Books of Doom] It goes over Dr.Dooms origin and makes you kind of feel sorry for him . http://www.marvel.com/digitalcomics/?utm_campaign=front+page+tracking&utm_source=digitalcomics+nav+link&utm_medium=nav+link&utm_content=digitalcomics

Sin City
01-19-2007, 04:58 PM
I used to read The Darkness, Jimmy and have the KISS Psycho Circus limited edition comic... also love Calvin and Hobes.

LOLORSKATES
01-19-2007, 05:00 PM
Predator, X, and V For Vendetta

eazy_mas
01-19-2007, 05:06 PM
used to read them til i got older and sold them for cheap :D

i used to love the x-men, and used to draw and creat my own character and had my own story inside me.

i have captain patriot series and savage dragon spider man and the end series of the X-Factor anf the begin of Mutant X.

there where many stuff including the uncanny x-men 250 or something and the x-men 75 issue sometihng like that i dont remeber but it wa sa long time where there where fake X-men with different power fighting with the real x-men

julDilla
01-19-2007, 05:48 PM
Predator, X, and V For Vendetta

i tried looking for the v for vendetta comics, but didnt have any luck

THE REAL NINJA
02-23-2007, 06:03 PM
How are these pics ? http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g178/darrenshyrockford/superhulk.jpg

SonnyG8R
02-23-2007, 11:18 PM
Aunt May just got shot and possibly killed in the latest Spiderman.

THE REAL NINJA
02-25-2007, 12:21 AM
Wolverine turns She-Hulk down in a insulting way.
http://img104.imagevenue.com/img.php..._122_210lo.jpghttp://img9.imagevenue.com/img.php?i...2_122_36lo.jpg

eazy_mas
02-25-2007, 12:26 AM
i used to have them like captian patriot, X-Men, Spiderman fighting the arg, villian and fro, wolverine.

i even had the last of the x-factor and the begin of mutant x and cut them off for my english project it was kinda nice making the piece together to make something nice

LOLORSKATES
02-25-2007, 01:25 AM
I'm hoping to make comics out of my ideas with the help of Dark Horse or other things, but it's hard to contact someone..

JWL
03-28-2007, 11:54 PM
I haven't read this thread so somebody may have mentioned it.

If you like the Incredible Hulk there is a great new arc coming out called World War Hulk.

julDilla
03-29-2007, 05:11 AM
Aunt May just got shot and possibly killed in the latest Spiderman.

and look who's paying her a visit

http://comicsmedia.ign.com/comics/image/article/775/775562/sensational-spider-man-20070323071009250-000.jpg

how nice of him :kiss:

* FeistyWench *
08-15-2007, 04:50 PM
....bump....

???
08-15-2007, 04:54 PM
Any fans of Magna books here?

dr.archives
09-27-2007, 11:18 PM
Has anyone been reading the new Iron Fist comic?

JOM'S
09-28-2007, 05:14 AM
i did not want to read the 11 pages but do you guys visit this site?

http://www.freecomicbooks.org/

they have tons o comics database in cbz/cbr format

eazy_mas
09-29-2007, 01:45 PM
anyone is reading one piece and Naruto?

!! Anorak
09-30-2007, 07:32 PM
I'm hoping to make comics out of my ideas with the help of Dark Horse or other things, but it's hard to contact someone..

http://www.imagecomics.com/submissions.php

Aiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

!! Anorak
09-30-2007, 07:34 PM
Wolverine turns She-Hulk down in a insulting way.
http://img104.imagevenue.com/img.php..._122_210lo.jpghttp://img9.imagevenue.com/img.php?i...2_122_36lo.jpg

Can you repost that link, cracker? It doesn't seem to work.

macman
11-02-2007, 05:12 PM
There's some good, intelligent comics out there with a good writing & art.

My favourites out of what is currently being published:
The Exterminators - very funny, nasty comic from Vertigo about a bunch of bug killers.
Bomb Queen - ultimate anti-hero.
Fables - brilliant series by Bill Willingham.
The Progamme - one of the most current political thrillers out there, wrapped around a sort of superhero comic.
Almost anything by Warren Ellis - currently Black Summer, but others include Stormwatch, Authority, Switchblade Honey, etc.
Almost anything by Greg Rucka - favourites being White Out, Gotham Central, Felon.
Almost anything by Ed Brubaker - favourites being Criminal, Sleeper, An Accidental Death, Gotham Central.

Older stuff:
Grendel - by Matt Wagner
Stray Toasters - Bill Sienkiewicz
Almost anything by Alan Moore - Top 10 was the last one of his I really got into.
Lots of stuff by Jamie Delano, Grant Morrison, & Peter Milligan as well.

There's a lot of crap comics published, but there's stuff out there & still being published which stands up to any genre in quality.

SonnyG8R
02-29-2008, 09:52 PM
Anyone get a chance to read the Planet Hulk or World War Hulk Series?

Pure gold!

The Hulk was at his strongest ever and pretty much laid waste to everyone in his path...

Natsu
03-07-2008, 12:13 PM
Penthouse comix, marvel, dark horse comics,ect.

Oasis_Lad
03-30-2008, 03:49 AM
Superman pushing against the equivalent of 200 Quintillion Tons:

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/7526/zzzzsupermangi1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Thanos destroys a Celestial:

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/2760/zzzzthanosfight2os9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Thanos absorbs the Living Tribunal:

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/8027/zzzzzzzzthanoslivingtrids2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

SonnyG8R
03-31-2008, 10:22 AM
Well don't leave us hangin. What does that goofy lookin dude tell Superman??

Oasis_Lad
03-31-2008, 10:45 AM
It's from the All Star Superman series and Supes' strength has tripled which makes him physically the strongest being in the multiverse, but he only has a year to live, so he confesses to Lois that Clark Kent is his alter-ego.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_Star_Superman

Some more feats from the All Star series:

Superman destroys Samson and Atlas in an arm wrestling competition:

http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/97/zzzzzzzzzzzzsupesarmwreli6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Supes creates miniature suns to feed to a Solaris being:

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/3081/zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzztk7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Because his strength has tripled, his intelligence has also tripled, and Supes creates a device to see other beings' thoughts:

http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/9241/zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzwz2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Elemental Fist
03-31-2008, 12:17 PM
I'm a comic book fan, I just don't buy as much as I used to. Superman, Batman, Spiderman are popular in the middle east.

I also like Japanese comics aka manga.

But I'm not a comic collector, if a comic is good I like, if it sucks, I would get rid of it.

Oasis_Lad
04-01-2008, 12:44 PM
Hercules lifting and tossing Godzilla:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/jjschm20/Hercules/Herc-Godzilla1.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/jjschm20/Hercules/Herc-Godzilla2.jpg

SonnyG8R
04-01-2008, 01:14 PM
Great avatar OASIS.

I don't know why but I have always prefered Marvel to BC Comics.

This was the ad for the thrilling World War Hulk series that followed Planet Hulk.

http://www.silverbulletcomics.com/~editor/brant/Marvel/wwhbanner0.jpg

Here the Hulk extracts revenge on Mr. Fantasic and Dr. Strange.

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/9792/hulk2eo3.jpg

Oasis_Lad
04-01-2008, 01:17 PM
Aye, World War Hulk was quality.

SonnyG8R
04-01-2008, 01:37 PM
Aye, World War Hulk was quality.

Yes but Planet Hulk was even better. The Hulk gets exiled (by the Illuminati which consist of Professor X, Doctor Strange, Mister Fantastic, Namor the Sub-Mariner, Iron Man, and Black Bolt) and lands on the planet of Sakaar where he is taken captive, and we see Hulk let loose gladiator style with some all new comrades as they start a revolution. Hulk ultimately falls in love, becomes emperor and is expecting a child, when the shuttle he was exiled in blows up, destroying his pregnant queen and a million other people. This of course sets the table for Hulk returning to Earth with his new friends severely pissed off and looking for revenge.

While all the action is great, the real meat of the story - getting the Hulkís actual view (not Bruce Bannerís) on how he is perceived in a state where he is actually doing what he wants to do is awesome! Just when you thought every angle to analyze the Hulk/Bannerís psyche has been used up - this is actually the most intriguing I have read.

Sweet Pea 50
04-01-2008, 03:22 PM
I kinda fell off on the comic scene. But yeah, I came back during WWH.
Planet Hulk was good too. I can see why Hulk was so pissed off.
Got dropped on a planet, was getting his ass whopped, came back as the ass whopper he is, beat the Red King, had a normal life with a baby, with a bad ass alien chick, get's his whole world blown up, and now the Illuminati has got to pay.
WWH: Beat the **** out of all the X-Teams, Dr. Strange got punked, Black Bolt got WHOOPPED, Iron Man with his whole Hulk Buster **** got smashed, and then...
We get a fight with Sentry...:nonono:
I know Sentry is supposed to calm Hulks anger...
But if it was going to be a last round fight, it should have been Thor. Or the Silver One.
I don't know. The Surfer at his current levels, would probably turn WWH into a big puddle of nothing just by blinking.
Thanos needs to return, pimp smack the **** out of Ultron, Warlock, rip Drax's head off, and remind the L.T. if he ever got pissed off, he'd shove a HOTU down his/her throat.
This dude ain't Darkseid. He beat the whole of the Marvel universe TWICE.
This ain't even P.C. Superman stuff. Trillion's of tons?
Thanos was destroying 1/2 the universe with the I.G. As a wedding ring..
It wasn't called "The End" for no reason....
End of geek rant...:boxing:

Oasis_Lad
04-01-2008, 03:35 PM
Thanos shows Galactus who the Daddy is:

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g92/mario_world/824a3_galactus2.jpg

Bendigo
04-01-2008, 06:32 PM

:lol1: Where's your tool?

I never really got into the omnipotent cosmic beings like Thanos and Galactus. Man, I haven't read comics in forever...

Bendigo
04-01-2008, 07:38 PM
http://www.superdickery.com/images/oneshot/SmartBombStudios-justice.jpg

Sweet Pea 50
04-01-2008, 07:46 PM

Dude, once again, thank you.
I like the cosmic stories, for the most part. I'm starting to get the Annihilation comics. GREAT ART.

Thats the thing about them. Sure they are expensive as gas these day's, but they take me back. I remember having to do laundry by a 7/11 back in the day.
They had some GREAT comics. I picked up the whole Mutant Massacre on the cheap. ****, Juggs, Mr. Sinister, Wolverine (when he wasn't a unkillable) fighting a awesome Sabretooth, Apoc...
I could go on and on.

Sweet Pea 50
04-05-2008, 06:13 PM
Anybody getting into this at all?....

http://images.comicbookresources.com/previews/marvelcomics/thehulk/hulk1.jpg

I wonder who the Red Hulk is going to be?

Oasis_Lad
06-07-2008, 10:26 AM
Red Hulk smacking Uatu the Watcher With a left hook and telling him to shut the **** up:

http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/4982/1212518950794zr9vh1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

To be honest i haven't been overly impressed with the red Hulk storyline so far. It's lacking in any real depth and Red Hulk, as badass as he is, reeks of "unstoppable villain" clicheness.

Bendigo
06-07-2008, 01:08 PM
What happened to the Hulk that would turn him red? I haven't been able to follow comics in a while. :(

Oasis_Lad
06-07-2008, 08:06 PM
Red Hulk isn't Bruce Banner - we've yet to find out who he is.

Shambleton
06-07-2008, 08:12 PM
Anyone like Frank Miller stuff?

Sin city and all that?

Oasis_Lad
06-07-2008, 08:14 PM
I love Miller's Batman works.

abadger
06-23-2008, 08:07 PM
Anyone like Frank Miller stuff?

Sin city and all that?

Yes, Sin City is truly excellent as is The 300. His batman stuff is overrated I think.

abadger
06-23-2008, 08:11 PM
I'm actually well into comics, to the point where I've started writing my own scripts.

My favourite comics writer is Grant Morrison easily, who I think pisses all over Alan Moore.

His 'The Invisibles' and 'The Filth' are the most impressive bits of writing I've seen in comics, as well as being outrageously sureal and in 'The Filth' incredibly dark.

Blue ÷yster
07-14-2008, 06:41 PM
batman and spidey were always my faves

garth ennis is a pretty good writer. hitman is good and preacher is fantastic

Gojira
07-14-2008, 06:44 PM
i orderd 200 2000ad comics. judge dredds got to be my favourite.

"what if they come after you?"

"They can wait in line with all the other creeps"

or

"what you doin`?"

"im spitting"

"youll get put in the cubes"

"so? i like spitting"
(dredd drives by on bike and cracks him in his mouth)

"spit teeth meathead!"

classic.

Shambleton
08-17-2008, 06:50 PM
I love Miller's Batman works.

Apparently the new batman graphic novel is called 'Holy terror Batman' and he is gonna be fighting al quieda.

Frank Miller is quite nicely ****ed up in the head.
Didn't he and Alan Moore fall out or some ****??

Sweet Pea 50
08-27-2008, 01:54 PM
Well, I just read Hulk #5. I know it's old news, but gawdamn, Rulk whooped that ass.....

http://www.comicboards.com/app/image.php?msg=thor-2008073023544867&att=Untitled-5.jpg&fullsize=yes

http://www.comicboards.com/app/image.php?msg=thor-2008073023555155&att=Untitled-6.jpg&fullsize=yes

http://www.comicboards.com/app/image.php?msg=thor-2008073023555155&att=Untitled-7.jpg&fullsize=yes

http://www.comicboards.com/app/image.php?msg=thor-2008073023555155&att=Untitled-8.jpg&fullsize=yes

I like how Rulk kicks Thors helmet off at the end....LOL

Liaison
08-27-2008, 05:56 PM
Just got into an Amazing Spiderman kick recently. Hated the original comics (only liked Superman Confidential really), hated the films bar the original and I hate his red underwear. But Amazing Spiderman is pure magic. Enchanting, Vibrant, Brilliant, Quarky, Larger-than-life. These descriptors barely do it justice. Buy this book!!!

Red Sonja has been a fav as well lately.

Idgas
10-03-2008, 04:10 AM
i tried to get into comics but there are so many universes and storylines of the same characters that it just overwhelms my interests. however, i did get into Y: The Last Man. i'm currently on the TPB book 4 that i bought 2 months ago. haven't had the chance to read it yet though.

Stab Judah
07-31-2009, 01:44 PM
Marvels current storyline 'Dark Reign' is fantastic.
If you ever wanted to see the badguys take over the world, you'll love this.

http://dailypop.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/dark_avengers_1_variant.jpg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Avengers
http://apontamento.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/dark-xmen.jpg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_X-Men

Dynamite76
08-31-2009, 04:01 PM
Green Lantern and Green Lantern Corps right now, with the Blackest Night storyline, it's the best.

braydenking
09-28-2009, 06:49 AM
New here and nice to meet you

Adamantium
12-06-2009, 08:13 AM
jms's Supreme power run and his latest Thor run, are good reads I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Stab Judah
03-14-2010, 12:01 PM
Someone was looking for this but don't remember who or where so here.........

Planet Hulk Movie............http://xtshare.com/toshare.php?Id=25325

forget
03-14-2010, 05:39 PM
read comics for many years, well most of them I mainly looked at the pictures. Was a big fan of the old Conan.

MANGLER
03-25-2010, 03:28 AM
Was never into comics.

TBear
03-25-2010, 03:30 AM
Was never into comics.

Was it the violence?

MANGLER
03-25-2010, 03:31 AM
Was it the violence?

I loved violent movies as a kid, just not comic books.

**** reading.

TBear
03-25-2010, 03:55 AM
I loved violent movies as a kid, just not comic books.

**** reading.

They actually weren't violent enough, cause they had to be alright for kids too.

Hi-Dro
03-25-2010, 10:54 PM
i was never into them