View Full Version : WCW or WWF

PATO 1
07-09-2006, 11:15 AM
during the 90s wrestling was a huge sport and the 2 biggest companies were WWF,WCW so which did you like the most

WWF

Undertaker,Shawn Micheals,Steve Austin,HHH,The Rock,Kane,Mankind,Owen Hart,Shamrock,Big Show,Big Bossman

WCW

Hulk Hogan,Goldberg,Sting,Bret Hart,Scott Steiner,Scott Hall,Ric Flair,Booker T, DDP,

neils7147933
07-09-2006, 05:18 PM
I started watching WWF in 1998 and preferred it to WCW. I worked an overnight job and we'd go in at like 1 AM and that was enough time for people to have watched both Nitro and RAW that night. I remember ordering Halloween Havoc from WCW and liking the NWO concept and some of their wrestlers, but it was the WWF Attitude that initially impressed me. Until I started watching ECW tapes from 1995-2000 and realized most of what appealed to me was ripped off and watered down, at least in-ring and in promos...

Verstyle
07-09-2006, 05:33 PM
wwf easily. dx and the rock plus stone cold? thats all u need there

Memorex
07-09-2006, 09:29 PM
I would watch Nitro for a hour till Raw came on. I liked watching Nitro but Raw was the show for me. It was all about the feud between Stone Cold and Vinnie Mac. I almost pissed my pants when Austin back handed Vince's grapefruits LOL. I still love wrestling but it's definitely not the same.

WCW was cool to watch with nWo. When Hollywood Hogan came out with that stupid looking toupee and entering the ring playing guitar with his belt, was classic. Scott hall and Kevin Nash were awesome. Goldberg in his prime was Dominating, WCW had some good story lines but it got old quick.

THE REAL NINJA
07-09-2006, 10:06 PM
i didnt like any of DX other than HBK and HHH .I was big fan of Amed Johnson Ron Simmons and the Rock but other then that ididnt care for WWF at that time . WCW was great maybe the best wrestling ever at the time they also had an AMAZING roster which IMO was the best ever .Over all it's a tie or maybe 80's WWF over all but for that short time WCW was the best around.

Tito Fan 83
07-09-2006, 10:07 PM
The nWo was the only thing that kept the WCW from going out of business earlier than it did.

Everything the WWF did was better. DX, Stone Cold vs the boss, Kane, the Undertaker, the Rock. Even their older stuff was better. Ultimate Warrior, Brett Hart, Shawn Michaels, etc.

neils7147933
07-10-2006, 08:36 AM
The nWo was the only thing that kept the WCW from going out of business earlier than it did.

Everything the WWF did was better. DX, Stone Cold vs the boss, Kane, the Undertaker, the Rock. Even their older stuff was better. Ultimate Warrior, Brett Hart, Shawn Michaels, etc.
WCW was poorly managed and should have run WWF out in the mid to late 1990s with their budget and roster

The Noose
07-10-2006, 09:39 AM
during the 90s wrestling was a huge sport and the 2 biggest companies were WWF,WCW so which did you like the most

WWF

Undertaker,Shawn Micheals,Steve Austin,HHH,The Rock,Kane,Mankind,Owen Hart,Shamrock,Big Show,Big Bossman

WCW

Hulk Hogan,Goldberg,Sting,Bret Hart,Scott Steiner,Scott Hall,Ric Flair,Booker T, DDP,

I know them from the WWF, so WCW aint **** really.

But wen i used to watch it, back in the early 90's, WCW wasnt popular here in the UK at all.

PATO 1
07-10-2006, 09:44 AM
yeah bobby but i gotta admit i take wcw mid 90's over wwf mid 90's say from 95 to 97 but 1998 was a huge year for wwf

marvdave
07-11-2006, 08:30 AM
when Hogan went to WCW and they had Piper,Flair,Hart,Macho Man,Nash,Hall,etc..WCW was far superior but as Niels stated they were pooprly managed.

I loved wraslin but havent watched much since McMahon bought everything out. It has become very tedious and unwatchable.

nelsoncm
07-11-2006, 09:11 AM
WWF atmosphere was more explosive and I thought the WCW ring was quite small. I would wake up at 2 in the morning to watch WCW, but I get frustrated at times when rivalries don't fluorish. Bret Hart vs. Lex Luger for instance, or Warrior-Hogan II.

jason100x
07-11-2006, 09:32 AM
When it was at its peak with the whole NWO thing, WCW was more entertaining. But WWF has been better overall. WWF has been hard to watch in recent years but I still don't think they've hit anything near the low of making David Arquette the champion. I read a book called The Death Of WCW by RD Reynolds, it was one of the funniest books I have ever read. It's amazing that WCW came up with some of the storylines they did and thought they could keep their ratings up with that crap.

neils7147933
07-11-2006, 12:45 PM
When it was at its peak with the whole NWO thing, WCW was more entertaining. But WWF has been better overall. WWF has been hard to watch in recent years but I still don't think they've hit anything near the low of making David Arquette the champion. I read a book called The Death Of WCW by RD Reynolds, it was one of the funniest books I have ever read. It's amazing that WCW came up with some of the storylines they did and thought they could keep their ratings up with that crap.
RD Reynolds also wrote and heads the website "Wrestlecrap". Good stuff. His most recent induction into the Wrestlecrap Hall of Fame was a 1980s country music video called Headlock on My Heart performed by Dolly Parton and featuring Hulk Hogan acting in the video

jason100x
07-11-2006, 01:24 PM
RD Reynolds also wrote and heads the website "Wrestlecrap". Good stuff. His most recent induction into the Wrestlecrap Hall of Fame was a 1980s country music video called Headlock on My Heart performed by Dolly Parton and featuring Hulk Hogan acting in the video

Actually, he has a book also called Wrestlecrap which I read and is about as funny as the WCW book. I've checked out his website and it's always good for a laugh. I think I vaguely remembered that Headlock on my Heart song, that reminds me of "Wrap is crap" around 1999 by Curt Hennig and Barry Windham? Another candidate for worst wrestling song ever.
The WCW book is a good primer on how not to run a business. It's amazing they got away with a subpar product as long as they did.

neils7147933
07-11-2006, 02:38 PM
Actually, he has a book also called Wrestlecrap which I read and is about as funny as the WCW book. I've checked out his website and it's always good for a laugh. I think I vaguely remembered that Headlock on my Heart song, that reminds me of "Wrap is crap" around 1999 by Curt Hennig and Barry Windham? Another candidate for worst wrestling song ever.
The WCW book is a good primer on how not to run a business. It's amazing they got away with a subpar product as long as they did.
Worse song than the two you named: "Be A Man" by Randy Savage

http://www.myspace.com/machomansavage

PATO 1
07-11-2006, 02:52 PM
if vince would have been in charge of wcw in the mid 90's it wudda been HUGE

sleazyfellow
07-11-2006, 02:55 PM

not as bad as hacksaw jim duggans little music video back in the day "hawsaw jim duggan beats people up!" lol

jason100x
07-11-2006, 03:17 PM

Actually someone gave me that album as a joke gift a few years back and Randy Savage doing a rap album is actually as bad as it sounds. I can't believe I own a Randy Savage album.....

Crumble
07-11-2006, 04:48 PM
WWF in its prime...when it had Hulk Hogan, Scary Undertaker,Papa shango, the ultimate warrior, Kamala, the million dollar man, Macho man, the bushwackers, the nasty boys, the heart foundation, berserker, Jimmy Superfly, The british bulldog. The ridiculous characters were what made wrestling good..well to me anyway.

jason100x
07-15-2006, 07:08 PM
A "great" WCW character was the Maestro. Anyone remember him? He had the former Ryan Shamrock as his valet, Symphony. If I remember correctly, we never got to see his finishing move because just as he had the opponent down in trouble he would start "conducting", I guess to set up his finishing move, the opponent would recover and beat him. That was the beginning of the real dark ages for WCW. I'm going to have to dig through my old tapes and see if I have any of his matches.

The Raging Bull
07-16-2006, 06:42 PM
I loved goldberg in WCW but i have to say WWF was better for entertainment. There was a lot better personalities in WWF. WCW was mainly just about the fighting.

jason100x
07-16-2006, 08:51 PM
Even though Goldberg wasn't much of a personality in WCW, he was a great character. The whole undefeated streak and having him beat Hogan fairly easily for the title kept WCW somewhat watchable for a little while longer. When Goldberg lost the title to a cattle prod or stungun or whatever it was by Kevin Nash, then things went down hill
real quickly.

The Raging Bull
07-17-2006, 05:58 AM
Even though Goldberg wasn't much of a personality in WCW, he was a great character. The whole undefeated streak and having him beat Hogan fairly easily for the title kept WCW somewhat watchable for a little while longer. When Goldberg lost the title to a cattle prod or stungun or whatever it was by Kevin Nash, then things went down hill
real quickly.

I lost interest as soon as goldberg lost his belt. He was the main reason me and a lot of my friends watched it. He was jus amazing!

jason100x
07-17-2006, 08:12 AM
I lost interest as soon as goldberg lost his belt. He was the main reason me and a lot of my friends watched it. He was jus amazing!

I wouldn't tune in regularly anymore after Goldberg lost but I still would turn to it now and then just to see how much more of a trainwreck they could make of WCW. It was unbelievable what kind of storylines they came up with thinking they would be able stay in business. It was like watching a train wreck especially when David Arquette became champion! They might as well have closed up shop right then and there.

neils7147933
07-17-2006, 08:24 AM
Turning Goldberg heel was a big mistake, as was the title shuffling towards the end of WCW...

The Raging Bull
07-17-2006, 08:42 AM
I wouldn't tune in regularly anymore after Goldberg lost but I still would turn to it now and then just to see how much more of a trainwreck they could make of WCW. It was unbelievable what kind of storylines they came up with thinking they would be able stay in business. It was like watching a train wreck especially when David Arquette became champion! They might as well have closed up shop right then and there.

LMAO. I know. I think they just **** themselves from WWF and give up. It was sad really because i loved watching goldberg vs. Booker T. There was always high entertainment there, especially when i thought it was all real :p

MANGLER
01-07-2010, 02:49 AM

Cosign homey.

AntDawg
03-11-2010, 08:36 PM
WWF by far.

Hi-Dro
03-25-2010, 10:58 PM
WWF by far.