View Full Version : who here fight jumping

TysonK.O.
07-03-2006, 08:41 PM
im still looking for a good gym to join but my dad used to box when he was young so i box with him,(i hit, he block and tells me how to improve,)and when i do i keep jumping around,i dont get tired though,is that bad,does any1 else do that?

Rockin'
07-03-2006, 08:55 PM
im still looking for a good gym to join but my dad used to box when he was young so i box with him,(i hit, he block and tells me how to improve,)and when i do i keep jumping around,i dont get tired though,is that bad,does any1 else do that?

You dont win fights just jumping around. Aswell, when you did face a fighter of any magnitude you would be exploited just about every time that you jumped into the air. Lose the jumping and find a gym.

Where are you from?

Rockin' :boxing:

2OSouzaSuarez12
07-03-2006, 09:28 PM
Im always jumping and moving my head when i dont need to it is a very bad habbit and my trainers are trying to help me stop. Jumping around just wastes energy that doesnt need to be wasted and by moving my head i can be timed.

TysonK.O.
07-03-2006, 09:44 PM
You dont win fights just jumping around. Aswell, when you did face a fighter of any magnitude you would be exploited just about every time that you jumped into the air. Lose the jumping and find a gym.

Where are you from?

Rockin' :boxing:
i dont mean jumpin around like crazy but like from side to side and moving my head...cali

2OSouzaSuarez12
07-03-2006, 10:14 PM
i dont mean jumpin around like crazy but like from side to side and moving my head...cali

It wastes energy that doesnt need to be wasted, you can be knocked off balance and you can be timed. It is not a very good idea.

speedoverpower0
07-03-2006, 10:21 PM
I dont leave the floor I bounce, is that bad?

Hard Boiled HK
07-03-2006, 10:37 PM
Jumping is good though right? Ali in his prime danced all night...

2OSouzaSuarez12
07-03-2006, 11:56 PM
jumping is not good, Ali could get away with it cause he was Ali. It is better not to jump.

speedoverpower0
07-04-2006, 12:03 AM
I dont leave the floor I bounce, is that bad?

????????????

LightsOut Le
07-04-2006, 02:17 AM
wasting energy, and when your feet arent blanced or planted, wyour not gonna have any power in your shots....ali got away with it becuase he ahd fast hands and could time everythign that was coming to him....i used to boucne around alot when i sparred bigger guys, move in and out, but now i just move like your supposed to, bouncing around is alot of energy, you should jsut learn how to move like a boxer, side to side and fast

Lucky466
07-06-2006, 12:41 AM
You dont have to jump nessecarily but sometimes I bounce around. Bounce is kind of the wrong word but its more like shifting your weight from foot to foot like when your skipping its not really wasting energy but it keeps you light so you can move faster. Mind you theres a time to be bouncin and theres a time to be planted.

LOLORSKATES
07-06-2006, 12:51 AM
You dont have to jump nessecarily but sometimes I bounce around. Bounce is kind of the wrong word but its more like shifting your weight from foot to foot like when your skipping its not really wasting energy but it keeps you light so you can move faster. Mind you theres a time to be bouncin and theres a time to be planted.
That's what I do. I bounce on the balls of my feet, whenever I see myself do it like in a mirror or something, it looks real smooth.

speedoverpower0
07-06-2006, 06:42 AM
yeah thats what I meant, I just couldn't really explain it, but it makes you feel light and smooth and its easier to dodge and weave but your right thers also a time to be planted

abdiel2k3
07-06-2006, 07:14 AM
just wait til u box with someone that knows how to beat that body
then youll understand why u dont waste energy

Zigga
07-06-2006, 09:28 PM
Not sure exacly what u mean by jumping around, if u mean being on ur toes then yes it is a good thing its more how the amatures fight in and out.
U will find that there are times to be on ur toes and stick and move and other times to settle down, plant ur feet a bit more, and let the other guy feel the power.

LOLORSKATES
07-06-2006, 10:09 PM
I like to bounce on the balls of feet, because I can flow combos out more smooth and I can easily evade punches as well.